• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

5.1% is really impressive!

NBT confirmed.

---

Is Hairclip putting Eyepatch in an ankle lock or something? And that leg does not look right.

yande.re%20230366%20sample.jpg

A fan of Story of Saiunkoku?
We can be friends.

We can be friends any time..

saiunkoku is a great anime.. nobody is dumb in the whole cast ..at most they are just acting like it .. the setting is believable , the heroine thinks by herself and works for her goals .... and the whole cast is just great .. and there are so many sub plots and political things it was great to see everything unfold...

where is my 50 ep 3rd season , dammit ?

I'm this close of ordering the books to see more by myself..

jbug617

Banned
The Pet Girl of Sakarousou 4
tumblr_mcpakzqlu11qbe3vxo1_500.png

Well since episode 3 this hasnt been bad at all. I honestly want Jin to succeed and even Sorata now too with his found mission. I wish they spent more time on Mashiro's manga as that was actually an amazing plot
Original ending wasnt really that bad, IMO. thoug I guess the competition forced wanting happy ends? So it was depressing when she couldnt keep that entry

Again Jin/Sorata scene was the best similar to ep 3's moment and we need to see Ryuunosuke already.

yeah the scene with Jin and Sorata was pretty good. Even though they are so different, they both want the same things.

Ultimadrago

Aikatsu! 4

The stares of admiration keep coming off as more creepy to me in this series. The primary label coming to my mind when seeing Oota interact with Ichigo (or her videos) are "stalker/creeper" and not "fan." It's an odd overlap that I can't seem to shake out of for this show in particular. Ah well.

Besides that little tidbit, I've got nothing for this episode. More computer-generated dancing, but you knew that already. Also, is it me or was the song they sang this week already sung before? Get new material!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Suite Precure - 17

A sweet episode focused on giving us more backstory on Hibiki and her mom. It was nice to see Hibiki
finally let out all of her emotions after putting up a strong front for so long.

Noirulus

Tamayura ~hitotose~ - 04

I've been watching Tamayura slowly over the past year, and every time i'm guaranteed relaxation in its purest form. It's amazing how the serene soundtrack, soft visuals and slow pacing fuse together to provide comfort away from my rather bland daily life. I can forget my worries for 22 minutes and join the cast's adventures in a surreal experience that feels very real! Now, on to the episode..

In this episode the crew travel to Oosakishimo island, where Maon's family and Fu's grandfather live. Thanks to great luck, Kou will also be joining the crew in their travel. (And as everyone who's watched Tamayura knows, his cuteness simply cannot be overstated)

After a short cruise, the cast arrive at Oosakishimo and visit Maon's Inn (with much ogling over Kou from Norie on their way). They're greeted by Maon's parents, and are then treated with Maon in a cute red kimono. Maon brings them up to their room and agrees to show them around town.

Everything appears to be jolly in their little trip, until Maon is fascinated by a theatre and takes her friends inside.
Apparently the town has been rebuilding the theatre, and as the cast looks around in wonder at the fresh tatami and whatnot, Maon still looks spellbound as she stares off towards the stage. Glimpse into her interest? Perhaps..

Afterwards, the crew continue their stroll until they meet a young girl named Komachi who is friends with Kou (and seemingly also in love with him). This obviously enrages our immature Norie and she gets into a short confrontation with Komachi.

NbGVA.png
Kou has a secret admirer!

After things die down, the gang gets a surprise visit from Fu's grandfather, who also seems to be heading around town. Many greetings, compliments and eventually goodbyes were had and we find ourselves back at the inn. The cast enjoys a delicious meal and find out that Maon has been working hard cleaning the dishes in the kitchen.
Norie takes the initiative, and confronts Maon's parents about Maon's future. Norie and the group agree that Maon looks torn about her future as she, being the only child in her family, has a responsibility to take over the inn regardless of whether she wanted to pursue her own passion. Maon overhears this and lets us know that the stint at the theatre was simply her reminiscing her childhood, and assures everyone that she loves working at the inn.

zXwe8.png
Fu's grandpa, who appears to be just as awkward as her!

Soon after, the cast break into Maon's secret and her parents reveal that Maon has always been a curious and experimental type. Despite her outward shy appearance, she falls in love with different hobbies all the time and is actually quite adventurous! All in all, a good episode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tamayura ~hitotose~ - 04

I've been watching Tamayura slowly over the past year, and every time i'm guaranteed relaxation in its purest form. It's amazing how the serene soundtrack, soft visuals and slow pacing fuse together to provide comfort away from my rather bland daily life. I can forget my worries for 22 minutes and join the cast's adventures in a surreal experience that feels very real! Now, on to the episode..

In this episode the crew travel to Oosakishimo island, where Maon's family and Fu's grandfather live. Thanks to great luck, Kou will also be joining the crew in their travel. (And as everyone who's watched Tamayura knows, his cuteness simply cannot be overstated)

You know, maybe because I'm a city boy, but the idea of having your child live in an apartment in town on her own because she has to go to school there is such an odd concept for me. But I suppose the island they are from is just too tiny to support a high school on its own.

cajunator

Banned
I wish I was omnipresent and able to watch every cute show at one time, switching between time dimensions as necessary and drinking up the sweet nectar of life that is Kawaii.

Noirulus

You know, maybe because I'm a city boy, but the idea of having your child live in an apartment in town on her own because she has to go to school there is such an odd concept for me. But I suppose the island they are from is just too tiny to support a high school on its own.

I also find it quite odd. I guess it was the only way Maon could attend school seeing as how her family can't just abandon their inn.

I wish I was omnipresent and able to watch every cute show at one time, switching between time dimensions as necessary and drinking up the sweet nectar of life that is Kawaii.

Have you watched Tamayura yet? You would absolutely love it.

Yep. Funny enough, it's one of the few times where it's justified that an anime character lives on their own without any parental guidance. lol

Haha, yeah. It starts to get a little tedious when so many romance's use the setup simply to further interaction between two characters.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I also find it quite odd. I guess it was the only way Maon could attend school seeing as how her family can't just abandon their inn.
Yep. Funny enough, it's one of the few times where it's justified that an anime character lives on their own without any parental guidance. lol

cajunator

Banned

Have you watched Tamayura yet? You would absolutely love it.

No but Ive seen it mentioned before and its on my very long list of hnnng fuel.

wonzo

Banned
Jormungand 16

As much as I liked following the escapades of Kasper's crew, I can't say I'm fond of the constant mini-recaps as they really mess with the overall pacing of the show. Hopefully it doesn't become a trend.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jormungand 16
As much as I liked following the escapades of Kasper's crew, I can't say I'm fond of the constant mini-recaps as they really mess with the overall pacing of the show. Hopefully it doesn't become a trend.
Yeah. I suppose S1 was a while ago, but the first episode of each of these arcs seem to be recaps.

Also, I guess that's their CoD reference! Although that's MW2 and not BLOPS2!

Jex

Is GITS 2.0 the worst thing to happen in the history of anime? I would say yes.

No, but it really is up there with Star Wars in terms of how badly and pointlessly they fucked with the movie. Except that, of course, you can still purchase the original.

Narag

No, but it really is up there with Star Wars in terms of how badly and pointlessly they fucked with the movie. Except that, of course, you can still purchase the original.

Well maybe with Disney taking over I'll finally get my originals.

Jex

Anime GAF has really gotten me into anime again and I have a question after viewing a few of the shows from the Summer and Fall thread. Does anyone use paid Crunchyroll subscriptions here? The price seems very good and I like the idea of 720p content so I thought I'd ask before I bit the bullet.

Sorry.

Lain

Psycho-Pass 02

After seeign the apartment change and dress change, I thought it was cool technology, but right after I thought that the world they live in feels very fake.
Akane was alright in this episode too. I liked how she was trying to understand if what she did was wrong or right until she came at a conclusion at the end. I also like the way she talks so openly about how awesome she is without trying to sound as she's so awesome (which pissed off psycho dude lol).

Ginga e Kickoff!! 25

This was as good as I was expecting. Maybe even better than what I was expecting. That little match wasn't really anything great but the feelings that were communicated while they were playing made it good to me. By the end of the episode I was just thinking "this feels so good, just like a sport show should feel, a soccer show should feel, make you feel good watching people play that sport and acting like a team".
Now it's just a matter of time until Reika becomes a normal human girl.

-----

I feel bad that in a few days A Letter to Momo is going to be shown in Lucca and I won't be able to see it. At least the official Italian trailer was nice (I liked the dub) and I'll only have to wait until December for the BRD.

wonzo

Banned
Gakkatsu! 5-8

I don't really remember why I dropped this ages ago but now that it's been fully subbed I don't really see the reason not to finish it off.

Yeah. I suppose S1 was a while ago, but the first episode of each of these arcs seem to be recaps.
Hopefully they've run out of shit to recap unless they plan on bringing back the British guys or the doctors.

Also, I guess that's their CoD reference! Although that's MW2 and not BLOPS2!
Think of it as meta commentary on the CoD franchise and the fact that it's all the same shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom