• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anime GAF has really gotten me into anime again and I have a question after viewing a few of the shows from the Summer and Fall thread. Does anyone use paid Crunchyroll subscriptions here? The price seems very good and I like the idea of 720p content so I thought I'd ask before I bit the bullet.

Use it all the time. The HD streams are actually really nice and it has plenty of Apps to watch it on TV. Heard the PS3 app isn't up to snuff but I use the iOS app and airplay it to my Apple TV. It actually Airplays the 720p stream as well.

Anime GAF has really gotten me into anime again and I have a question after viewing a few of the shows from the Summer and Fall thread. Does anyone use paid Crunchyroll subscriptions here? The price seems very good and I like the idea of 720p content so I thought I'd ask before I bit the bullet.
I use it, gotta have my Naruto Shippudem fix at like 6am in 720p, though I mostly watch on mobile now, which their Android app seems fine with. I just do anime, though I never know what to do with the guest passes..

wonzo

Banned
HidaSketch x Hoshimittsu SP1
hidasketchxhsp1.jpg
hidasketchxhsp1a.jpg

natsume ;_;

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
:(

*hugs
How did you fare in the storm?
It shouldnt have been too bad in Connecticut.

It wasn't too bad here thankfully, but the car just had to break down completely during that timeframe making everything just that much harder than it needed to be. It's just been super stressful these past few days trying to get this whole thing squared away. :/

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Suite Precure - 14

Q7kGO.png

Cammy White raises her glass to you, Cure Rhythm!

Nooooo! How much longer do I have to wait until they
reveal Muse's identity? Stop teasing me already!

cajunator

Banned
It wasn't too bad here thankfully, but the car just had to break down completely during that timeframe making everything just that much harder than it needed to be. It's just been super stressful these past few days trying to get this whole thing squared away. :/

Yeah hurricanes are tons of fun.
If you recall I was at work and the building had a fire the day before a hurricane was supposed to hit.
That was earlier this year.

Yes. It's a pretty alright service. I feel like they are trying really hard, but sometimes find themselves out of their own bounds. Like, it's really cool that they have a new PS3 app, but it's prone to breaking often if you fast forward/rewind too much.

I like supporting the website. You can actually stream their stuff in 1080 too if that's your worry.
The anime is in 720p, Crunchyroll is just upscaling it for you

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yeah hurricanes are tons of fun.
If you recall I was at work and the building had a fire the day before a hurricane was supposed to hit.
That was earlier this year.

Yeah, I rarely have them. I can't even imagine how many times you've had to figure out a way to make things work during hurricanes. :(

Infinite Ryvius 16

Charlie is an idiot, but I have to respect him for standing up for his girl, even if she was just using him earlier.

Juli is in full-on "good girls want bad boys to fix" mode. While I had earlier thought she'd make a good leader due to her charisma and her genuine concern for everyone on board the Ryvius, her actions with Blue and after being appointed captain have exposed a fatal flaw: she is too easily cowed by others and is unable to be forceful and stand up for her own ideals in the face of resistance. She'd probably be fine in peacetime, but ultimately she's too soft for the current extraordinary situation. Unfortunately, I expect she'll be ousted sooner or later.

Somewhat surprised to realize that Mystery Girl has a physical existence.

7Th

"Milk it, milk it for all it's worth!!"

Suite Precure - 13

I really hope
Cure Muse doesn't turn out to be that snot nose loli punk. Her sharp tongue has made me want to toss her into a trash bin many times already.

SPOILERS for Smile Precure, don't read SDBurton.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

wonzo

Banned
K-ON!'s Real-Life School to Be Designated as Cultural Asset
50,000 fans visit 75-year-old campus every year

In its September 21 report, Japan's Council for Cultural Affairs recommended K-ON!'s real-life model school to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology for designation as a tangible cultural asset. The old Toyosato Elementary School building is located in Toyosato, Shiga Prefecture.

Buildings at least 50 years old with high architectural and historical value can be recommended for registration as tangible cultural properties. Toyosato Elementary was built in 1937 and designed by U.S. architect William Merrell Vories and built by Toyosato native Tetsujiro Furukawa with his own funds. It was known as the "best elementary school in the Orient" after its completion.

The building was previously marked for demolition in 2001 due to the building's age and other factors, but local residents appealed to the Otsu District Court, who ordered an injunction in December 2002. The town mayor at the time proceeded with the demolition plans anyways, sparking a local preservation campaign.

An estimated 50,000 K-ON! fans visit the campus every year, and over 1,000 goods inspired by the anime have been put on display. The former campus hosted a few anime song concerts and events, as well as contests between bands from across the nation.

Source: The Asahi Shimbun

kyoani's done it again

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is there a reason JoJo is rushing through the storyline (or seems to be)? What point in the manga are they trying to reach?

Dresden

Is there a reason JoJo is rushing through the storyline (or seems to be)? What point in the manga are they trying to reach?

Not rushing, just moving fast. It's a good pace that keeps things exciting as they speed forward.

They're covering the first two series.

e: hey, kick heart kickstarter is funded and is over 200k. :)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Suite Precure - 15

Kanade is under the impression that
Ouji has a girlfriend and says "fuck making these cupcakes for his birthday party" hahaha!
That's right Kanade, get back on the true path of love and be with your OTP Hibiki!

Even with
Siren being influenced by Mephisto's dark energy, it's obvious she still harbors feelings for Ouji. If there absolutely must be a pairing involving this fool I'll be fine with Siren taking him.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Rushing isn't the right word. The adaption is tackling the manga at a brisk pace, which is far better than the alternative of dragging it out (especially since it's just Phantom Blood, not even one of the better parts). JoJo is meant to be campy fun, and slowing it down would go against that.

Got more anime and stuff today, unfortunately Sandy made One Piece Season 4 Part 2 and Heroman Vol 1 (manga) get stuck somewhere in West Virginia, with no know delivery date so :/

Penguindrum 20

The shocking revelation was made at the end of 19 and while this explored it, was largely uneventful. Kid Kanba and Kid Shoma were awesome though.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 2 and 3

Plot and the visual genjutsus is really good as well as main character dude. However, the anime consistently turns me off by having her be naked so much, why, as theres no real point to it and its just odd as he doesnt seem the type to be pervy. Still its so mysterious that I cant stop watching just because of wanting to know the truth and "spirited away".

Fate/Zero 2 -3
Although Ryuunosuke does some questionable things, he still has the best personality of the masters, and hes just so excited and happy and looks great.

The moment with him and castor is still shocking
the chutlu and the kid, kid going to the light door than being grabbed, I almost forgot about it and jumped out my seat

K-ON!'s Real-Life School to Be Designated as Cultural Asset
50,000 fans visit 75-year-old campus every year

In its September 21 report, Japan's Council for Cultural Affairs recommended K-ON!'s real-life model school to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology for designation as a tangible cultural asset. The old Toyosato Elementary School building is located in Toyosato, Shiga Prefecture.

Buildings at least 50 years old with high architectural and historical value can be recommended for registration as tangible cultural properties. Toyosato Elementary was built in 1937 and designed by U.S. architect William Merrell Vories and built by Toyosato native Tetsujiro Furukawa with his own funds. It was known as the "best elementary school in the Orient" after its completion.

The building was previously marked for demolition in 2001 due to the building's age and other factors, but local residents appealed to the Otsu District Court, who ordered an injunction in December 2002. The town mayor at the time proceeded with the demolition plans anyways, sparking a local preservation campaign.

An estimated 50,000 K-ON! fans visit the campus every year, and over 1,000 goods inspired by the anime have been put on display. The former campus hosted a few anime song concerts and events, as well as contests between bands from across the nation.

Source: The Asahi Shimbun

kyoani's done it again

I was going to post that earlier, but I thought someone probably already posted it. It's a neat looking school even beyond the K-ON! connection.
AUjW2.gif

jbug617

Banned
Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo 4

We find out about what Sorata wants to do with his life. I think the whole issue of
moving out was that he had no purpose being there. Everybody else who was there had something they were good at and he was just plain boring compared to the rest. I think he got confused about Mashiro wanting to move out. In the manga Mashiro was Sorata and Sorata was Mashiro.

Seems like classroom friend is going to join the house next episode.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My friend recommended me Hyouka, what you guys say about this show?
It's a show you sometimes have to be patient with, as there are stretches that can simply feel very slow. I think it is very rewarding though in terms of what it gives back to the viewer. It is a smart and well produced show that's well worth watching.

cajunator

Banned
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 4
Absolutely loving this show so far.
Sound Rikka makes when hit is too cute.

AU! my god I must have rewatched each time she gets smacked a dozen times.
Its sooooooooo adorable.

My friend recommended me Hyouka, what you guys say about this show?

Its worth checking out but the first ten episodes are very slow and not very interesting.
Episodes 1,4-5,7-9 and from around 12 to the end are the episodes worth watching.
The rest is episodic padding at best.

Mothman91

If you're an anime fan, there's a chance you may find it slow
If you're an animation fan, you owe it to yourself to watch at least the culture festival arc
Just started, the animation is indeed very pretty.
It's a show you sometimes have to be patient with, as there are stretches that can simply feel very slow. I think it is very rewarding though in terms of what it gives back to the viewer. It is a smart and well produced show that's well worth watching.

Patient!? I watched The Tatami Galaxy ffs!

Narag

I use it as well. I've certainly no complaints about the service and think I get my money's worth. I think there's a 14 day trial if you just want to try it. Failing that, I'm sure someone would have an extra guest pass available.

OceanBlue

Patient!? I watched The Tatami Galaxy ffs!

I think The Tatami Galaxy was rather fast. Rather than slow, I would say that it doesn't really seem like it's trying to culminate into anything in the first few episodes, even if it's kinda obvious what it's going for.

Yes. It's a pretty alright service. I feel like they are trying really hard, but sometimes find themselves out of their own bounds. Like, it's really cool that they have a new PS3 app, but it's prone to breaking often if you fast forward/rewind too much.

I like supporting the website. You can actually stream their stuff in 1080 too if that's your worry.
Yep I use it.
Use it all the time. The HD streams are actually really nice and it has plenty of Apps to watch it on TV. Heard the PS3 app isn't up to snuff but I use the iOS app and airplay it to my Apple TV. It actually Airplays the 720p stream as well.
I use it, gotta have my Naruto Shippudem fix at like 6am in 720p, though I mostly watch on mobile now, which their Android app seems fine with. I just do anime, though I never know what to do with the guest passrs..
I use it as well. I've certainly no complaints about the service and think I get my money's worth. I think there's a 14 day trial if you just want to try it. Failing that, I'm sure someone would have an extra guest pass available.
Thanks for replies. I decided to try the 14 day trial and I'm pleased so far. Man... the latest episode of Shin Sekai Yori was just plain weird. I still like this setup for new anime though. It's almost like I'm back in my teenage years full of new weekly episodes for shows I've never seen.

My little fox can't be this cute - 05
Why does Kami-sama Hajimemashita keep being entertaining ? i don't know ..
i guess i can watch those kind of show as long as the heroine isn't totally incompetent ..
( saiunkoku monogatari is still the best however )

Anyway , Kami-sama Hajimemashita Ep 5 was alright.. i still can't figure what does mikage was thinking when she lent her mark our heroine , and the show doesn't think i need to know ATM ..fine .

Thunder dieties sure are annoying ....

The Pet Girl of Sakarousou 4
tumblr_mcpakzqlu11qbe3vxo1_500.png

Well since episode 3 this hasnt been bad at all. I honestly want Jin to succeed and even Sorata now too with his found mission. I wish they spent more time on Mashiro's manga as that was actually an amazing plot
Original ending wasnt really that bad, IMO. thoug I guess the competition forced wanting happy ends? So it was depressing when she couldnt keep that entry

Again Jin/Sorata scene was the best similar to ep 3's moment and we need to see Ryuunosuke already.

cajunator

Banned
My little fox can't be this cute - 05

Why does Kami-sama Hajimemashita keep being entertaining ? i don't know ..
i guess i can watch those kind of show as long as the heroine isn't totally incompetent ( saiunkoku monogatari is still the best however )
Anyway , Kami-sama Hajimemashita Ep 5 was alright.. i still can't figure what does mikage was thinking when she lent her mark our heroine , and the show doesn't think i need to know ATM ..fine .
Thunder dieties sure are annoying ....

A fan of Story of Saiunkoku?
We can be friends.

OceanBlue

Atarashii from Animesuki said:
Video research just updated its weekly rankings and Magi made the Top 10 (on a week where all the top shows were aired) with an excellent 5.1% rating ! It's only 0.2% behind Pokemon and 0.5% behind Precure, both of which are very popular and long running franchise ! Magi is doing much better than Gundam Age for that time slot.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=4419502#post4419502

5.1% is really impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom