• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Higurashi 6

I have no idea what just happened,
didn't everyone die in the first few episodes?
continue watching it will make sense at the end ...

Dear diary...
Work tonight was shit.
Eating popeyes again. Green beans are the shit.
Id rather be at home squeeing at Cute.
Chuunibyo is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper cute. I fall asleep on random things like pillow girl.
We see eye to eye. Maybe she can be my waifu!
Why are giraffe tongues black?

P.s.
Hnnnnnnnngh @ Rikka

Weird events and existential questions ..again ..just as i expected ..

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dog Days s2

More characters, more antics, more fight animation, more magical girls, less badly plotted drama. Overall better than S1, I'd say.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

I really liked it, but it could stand to be a touch longer. They also started doing overlay EDs when I needed that hit. :/

Devadasy

AIC showing their Gainax envy. Mad Pierrot put me up to this, but I don't feel quite as trolled as I did when I finished ICE.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite 6 -END-

The world needs to know about Dekotani.

I love both EDs.

cjkeats

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou: Episode 4

Isn't this supposed to be 24 episodes? Why did it feel like the last episode? Yawn.

After My Little Monster got all serious this week too, I'm banking heavily on more shenanigans next week.

I still haven't watch Chuu2 this week, but reports say it's delivering.

cajunator

Banned
Chuunibyo 05

OHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY GODDDDD THIS IS SO FUCKING CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MY HEART IS SO FUCKED

I have developed a word specifically to describe this show, since cute and adorable do not cut it.
Its HYPERDORASQUEETIFUL
Thats what the hell it is.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chuunibyo 05

OHHHHHH MYYYYYYYY GODDDDD THIS IS SO FUCKING CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MY HEART IS SO FUCKED

I have developed a word specifically to describe this show, since cute and adorable do not cut it.
Its HYPERDORASQUEETIFUL

:D Glad you enjoyed it! And I love your word, though remembering how to spell it will be challenging!

Grzi

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - 05

exYFW.jpg

Not as wacky as the episodes before, so it's a bit less interesting, felt a bit boring at times. Still, the visuals were great again, and the after credits scene was fun.

Space Brothers - 29&30

"I know you want to be free, baby."

Episode 30 was ;_______________________________;

Maedhros

Lol, Crunchyroll Brazil was just announced. R$9.99 (~$5). I think this is relevant for Brazil, mostly. The list of animes:

Simulcast:
Meu Monstrinho (Tonari no Kaibatsu-kun)
Clube de Luz Lychee (blahblahblah no Lychee)
Spin-off de Naruto: Rock Lee e Seus Amigos Ninjas! (Naruto SD)
Aoi Sekai no Chushin De
Shin Sekai Yori (Do Novo Mundo)
Hayate, O Mordomo de Combate - Não Consigo Tirar Meus Olhos de Você (Hayate, lol)
Café Polar (Polar Cafe)
Gintama - Terceira Temporada
Naruto Shippuuden
Poyopoyo
Insetos Mordedores de Traseiros (lol, dunno how it's named in Japan)
Diga "Eu te amo" (Say I love You)
Sword Art Online
Folktales from Japan
Irmãos do Espaço (SpaceBros)
Teekyu
Saga Ixion DT
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Chitose Pra Você!
Hiiro no Kakera - Segunda Temporada

Acervo:
Bleach
Campione
O Declínio da Raça Humana
Kokoro Connect
O Baskete de Kuroko
Knight in The Area
Sengoku Collection (Samurais do Mundo Paralelo)
Sket Dance
A Ambição de Oda Nobuna
Utakoi
Vision
Yurumates 3Dei
YuruYuri - Primeira Temporada
A Namorada Misteriosa X

---

I think it's a nice list. More will be added later.

Grzi

Natsume's muffled little "good morning" in this episode is up there near the top of my "Most adorable thing this season list"

Yeah, she was great, I really loved the part from the screencap I posted, a pretty funny low-key scene.

Steroyd

Chuunibyou - 05

tNcTw.jpg

Kumin with some insight and dropping dem wisdom bombs

Wow I thought they'd have to go full on serious to cover Rikka's personal issues but they handled it in a way that kept in line with how the show has been going so far, and cover the matter in a way that didn't drag it down, maybe it's her delusional speak that breaks the reality of the situation but given the subject matter of the episode it far exceeded how I ever expected it to be handled.

And Yuuta wanted to jump into Rikka's delusions a couple of times, I reckon there's going to be a middle ground between crazy and wanting to be normal, even Nabutani is straining herself to being normal.

cajunator

Banned
Tonari No Kaibutsu Kun 05

This season is so ridiculously good its not funny.
This show continues to be extremely enjoyable. This episode took a bit more serious feel to it as others have mentioned, but has enough lighthearted moments throughout that really tug on the heartstrings. Also, aside from Natsume being extremely cute when she's sick, the show had to throw another volley at me by introducing a meganekko character voiced by Kana Hanazawa. I really think anime is trying to end my life. In some ways its just as cute as Chuunibyo, although its not to the level of hyperdorasqueetiful. I would call it megahnngalacious though. That's fairly close.

By the way, I found it kind of strangely coincidental that I was eating baklava this morning while watching this episode.

286 and 287

Though there were a few flashbacks, probably my favorite ones with Lady Tsunade and Naruto, Dan, Nuwaki, I thought both were good together. The spider chakra in chest exploding was an interesting jutsu.

For plot I did wish that
they at least showed how the ninja spies were defeated, I dont believe they just "gave up and left". And Shizune got all serious defending and believing in her Lady Hokage.

Brazil

Lol, Crunchyroll Brazil was just announced. R$9.99 (~$5). I think this is relevant for Brazil, mostly. The list of animes:

Simulcast:
Meu Monstrinho (Tonari no Kaibatsu-kun)
Clube de Luz Lychee (blahblahblah no Lychee)
Spin-off de Naruto: Rock Lee e Seus Amigos Ninjas! (Naruto SD)
Aoi Sekai no Chushin De
Shin Sekai Yori (Do Novo Mundo)
Hayate, O Mordomo de Combate - Não Consigo Tirar Meus Olhos de Você (Hayate, lol)
Café Polar (Polar Cafe)
Gintama - Terceira Temporada
Naruto Shippuuden
Poyopoyo
Insetos Mordedores de Traseiros (lol, dunno how it's named in Japan)
Diga "Eu te amo" (Say I love You)
Sword Art Online
Folktales from Japan
Irmãos do Espaço (SpaceBros)
Teekyu
Saga Ixion DT
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Chitose Pra Você!
Hiiro no Kakera - Segunda Temporada

Acervo:
Bleach
Campione
O Declínio da Raça Humana
Kokoro Connect
O Baskete de Kuroko
Knight in The Area
Sengoku Collection (Samurais do Mundo Paralelo)
Sket Dance
A Ambição de Oda Nobuna
Utakoi
Vision
Yurumates 3Dei
YuruYuri - Primeira Temporada
A Namorada Misteriosa X

---

I think it's a nice list. More will be added later.

I had no idea this was happening, but I like the list and the price. I'm already a Crunchyroll subscriber, though.

Samurais do Mundo Paralelo is such a shitty title, but Meu Monstrinho is kind of nice. And lol at Insetos Mordedores de Traseiros (it's Oshiri Kajiri Mushi, by the way).

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
As long as I get credit for the word lol.

We need to call the people at Webster and have them add it to the dictionary.

hy-per-do-ra-squee-ti-ful (adj.)

1) A adjective describing an object(s) or person(s) of immeasurable cuteness.

hy-per-do-ra-squee-ti-full-ing (adv.)

1) To be in a perpetual state of hnnnng.

Chuunibyo 05

MY HEART IS SO FUCKED

Its HYPERDORASQUEETIFUL
4769-shepard.jpg

Maedhros

Since next season is looking like shit, I'll probably backlog some shows:

Slayers (complete, all seasons and ovas/movies)
Higurashi (never watched)
Full Metal Panic (complete, all seasons)
K-On (i'll give it another chance, I'm watching Chuunibyou for fucks sake, I can handle it with some pausing when I'm embarassed/one episode per week)

Suggestions? Never watched A LOT of old series, like Evangelion, GiTS, etc.

Brazil

K-On (i'll give it another chance, I'm watching Chuunibyou for fucks sake, I can handle it with some pausing when I'm embarassed/one episode per week)

Evangelion.

cajunator

Banned

Slayers is goddamned glorious. Definitely watch as much of it as possible.
Have you seen Dirty Pair, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Nadesico, Bubblegum Crash/Crisis, Iria:Zeiram the animation, Tsukikage Ran, or You're Under Arrest? All of those are older shows worth checking out.

cjkeats

+1 recommendation for Evangelion

Uchip

Banned
Slayers is goddamned glorious. Definitely watch as much of it as possible.
Have you seen Dirty Pair, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Nadesico, Bubblegum Crisis, Iria:Zeiram the animation, Tsukikage Ran, or You're Under Arrest? All of those are older shows worth checking out.

rewatching the original Dragonball myself

cajunator

Banned
Girls Und Panzer 01

Its pretty damned cute I will say that. not sure what to make of it yet. Bad CG tanks mix with hypercute 2D girls in one happy muddled but fun mess. Will watch more later.
Its not as cute as Tonari or Chuunibyo though. More of a conventionally cute show.

Narag

Evangelion.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Liking Higurashi does institute liking Deen. In fact it may result in hating it as they don't have any other Anime that can be comparable to Higurashi.

As terrible as DEEN is I really enjoyed Full Moon. And there was Kenshin. Honestly still one of my favorite OVAs of all time.

cajunator

Banned
As terrible as DEEN is I really enjoyed Full Moon. And there was Kenshin. Honestly still one of my favorite OVAs of all time.

Full Moon O Sagashite is a fucking amazing series. One of my favorite anime endings ever.
Takes a while to really punch you in the gut but oh my god does it ever.

cajunator

Banned
OK, I need to check those two out.

Full Moon O Sagashite is pretty long, 52 episodes, but its so worth checking out. Its really adorable, but also very VERY sad. Once you read the premise, youll agree. Mitsuki is a sweetheart. you'll love her to death. Plus all the music in the show is really good jpop r/b music.

faridmon

Full Moon O Sagashite is pretty long, 52 episodes, but its so worth checking out. Its really adorable, but also very VERY sad. Once you read the premise, youll agree. Mitsuki is a sweetheart. you'll love her to death. Plus all the music in the show is really good jpop r/b music.

Cool.
Although I really don't like most of teh Jpop/RnB
I will still watch it.

Yamakan's back to save... something.

The December issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine is announcing on Friday that Yutaka Yamamoto (Kannagi, Fractale, episodes of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star) is directing the Senyū fantasy battle comedy anime at his Ordet studio and LIDEN FILMS. Michiko Yokote (Genshiken, Squid Girl, xxxHOLiC) is in charge of the series scripts, and Ushio Tazawa (The Place Promised in Our Early Days, The Telepathy Girl Ran) is designing the characters. Yamamoto (often nicknamed as "Yamakan") is also working on the Wake Up, Girls! anime with the production company avex entertainment and the voice talent agency 81 Produce.

Ai Kayano voices the character Ruki, while Kenichi Suzumura voices Foifoi. Jouji Nakata plays Rudolf, and Emiri Katō plays a character whose name has not been revealed. Jump Square magazine already revealed in September that Hiro Shimono and Yūichi Nakamura will lead the cast as the hero Aruba and the sadistic palace warrior Rosu.

The anime shorts will premiere on the TV Tokyo station on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 from 25:35 to 25:40 (effectively Wednesday, January 9 from 1:35 to 1:40 a.m.). The niconico (formerly Nico Nico Douga) service will also stream the anime in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom