• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai Lite - 06 [END]

zCQli.png
aC2a5.png

MRMbn.png
fMl6Z.png

Dekomori takes what she wants, and she wants you Nibutani!

Awesome final episode to further push the obvious chemistry between Dekomori and Nibutani.

And this episode just solidifies the OTP of Dekomori and Nibutani. I'm okay with this. :D

It really does. I'm trying to decide on what name to refer the pairing by but both DekoxMori and MorixMori seem solid.

Hv748.png

The OTP of Chuunibyou.

cajunator

Banned
OK, those songs are awesome. The first one reminds me of Mell without dat manly voice. :p

Yeah the music is really great stuff. The album is called Changing My Life but the song "I love you" is actually the OP (as if you couldnt tell lol) and thats done by THE★SCANTY

faridmon

Yeah the music is really great stuff. The album is called Changing My Life but the song "I love you" is actually the OP (as if you couldnt tell lol) and thats done by THE★SCANTY

I have just listened to all of them, and indeed the songs are quite good. Especially, ones that are made espcially for an Anime (?)

I shall watch it sooner than I have originally planned.

cajunator

Banned
I have just listened to all of them, and indeed the songs are quite good. Especially, ones that are made espcially for an Anime (?)

I shall watch it sooner than I have originally planned.

A wise decision.
You can take your time with the first half but the second half should probably be watched together as much as possible.

By the way, this song was on the album too but I don't recall it making it to the anime. Its a beautiful song though and hard to find around so I'll post it here too
Embraced Love

Ok screw it heres more because damn I love this music so much

Nostalgia

Eternal Snow

Does this mean Deen is your favorite anime studio?
Na, don't even know if I have a favorite. maybe Kyoto at the moment.
As much as I loved Higurashi they were responsible for Umineko which anime wise was horrible besides the OST.

Since next season is looking like shit, I'll probably backlog some shows:

Slayers (complete, all seasons and ovas/movies)
Higurashi (never watched)
Full Metal Panic (complete, all seasons)
K-On (i'll give it another chance, I'm watching Chuunibyou for fucks sake, I can handle it with some pausing when I'm embarassed/one episode per week)

Suggestions? Never watched A LOT of old series, like Evangelion, GiTS, etc.

I watched Evangelion for the first time this summer, took a while to get into but I enjoyed it alot.

Syrinx

Well if you liked the YuruYuri formula you could check out Azumanga Daioh.

And I guess I can include my arbitrary recommendation of Mitsudomoe.

Thing is, I'm not so sure I am a fan of the YuruYuri formula, whatever that means. If you mean If by formula you mean four (or more or less, I don't care) girls who get into antics that range from mundane yet pleasant to "WTF are they doing? ahahahaha", then I might enjoy it. But, like I said in my YuruYuri 17 impressions, it kind of feels like Season 2 has mostly become a series of sketch pieces involving the characters rather than cohesive episodes. So, I guess it would depend on the definition of "formula".

Appreciate the recommendations, though.

cajunator

Banned
Thing is, I'm not so sure I am a fan of the YuruYuri formula, whatever that means. If you mean If by formula you mean four (or more or less, I don't care) girls who get into antics that range from mundane yet pleasant to "WTF are they doing? ahahahaha", then I might enjoy it. But, like I said in my YuruYuri 17 impressions, it kind of feels like Season 2 has mostly become a series of sketch pieces involving the characters rather than cohesive episodes. So, I guess it would depend on the definition of "formula".

Azumanga Daioh kind of started the whole thing, at least in terms of popularity. Its a really cute show like the others but requires a bit more knowledge of japanese in-jokes and trends. The original set came with english booklets that helped explain everything. Its still fun to watch though and Chiyo-Chan was at one time the cutest character ever. Japan has since created some incredible moenukes however. Also it isnt really just 4 girls, but a class of them
One of them is genki, one of them is really slow, one of them is kind of normal and has huge....assets, one of them is really quiet and shy, one of them is super athletic and the shy quiet one goes all :SDBurton for her. Its just really damned cute and well worth a watch to see where the whole 4koma cute girls doing cute things started from. Theres more to it though, like the teachers, one of whom is sort of pedo creepy, and two women who are friends, but ones a drunk and the other has relationship problems but is mostly normal.

Oh shit, you know what? Check out WORKING.
This is sort of a comedy about a bunch of people who work at a cafe. Its super cute and this OP is one of the biggest earworms I have ever heard. The show lives up to that OP too.

Metrotab

Banned

Azumanga Daioh is a must-watch, full stop. If you even have the slightest interest in the Slice-of-Life genre, you can't go without having seen it. It is the historical canonizer and started the trend.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Suite Precure - 26

Hang in there girls! The Minor Trio
really came out on top
in this episode and are now ahead of the girls in
note collecting
. Here's hoping they can come up with a plan to turn this situation around.

Jex

Dog Days s2

More characters, more antics, more fight animation, more magical girls, less badly plotted drama. Overall better than S1, I'd say.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

I really liked it, but it could stand to be a touch longer. They also started doing overlay EDs when I needed that hit. :/

Devadasy

AIC showing their Gainax envy. Mad Pierrot put me up to this, but I don't feel quite as trolled as I did when I finished ICE.
You still watch current shows? Or rather, you seem to wait until they've finished before deciding whether or not it's worth your time. If so, that would be a wise move.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
My top 5 studios:

1) KyoAni
2) Kyoto Animation
3) Animation DO (sister studio to Kyoto Animation)
4) Studio Ghibli
5) (Sometimes) AIC

Completed Starship Operators today. The music was great, and I plan to order the soundtrack from RightStuf, but the plot was all drama
and death, some obvious and others not so much
. The plot was unique at least
seeing how the Galaxy News Network Starship channel purchased the spaceship Amaterasu in order for the newly graduated space cadets to lead themselves as a government in exile against the tyranny of the Kingdom

I thought the ending was lacking. I mean after
Shinon's plan succeeded and everyone but Shimei escaped the Amaterasu, the episode just ended with the crew being picked up and Shinon narrating a few lines. There could have been time jump, be that of the safe return of the Amaterasu crew to Earth or some other planet days later or even months later after the war.

I want to watch a decent space anime like Planetes soon, and I hear that Space Brothers is good. I am just not sure if I could keep up with the story though if it is a three cour anime or more.

Metrotab

Banned
The only two studios I have an 'image' from, are Kyoto Animation (particular brand of SoL/romance) and Studio Gainax ('gainaxing', which refers to several phenomena at once). I know Studio SHAFT has become really popular lately (-gatari stuff and Madoka) but I haven't watched their works yet. And then there's Studio Ghibli who have some sort of mainstream appeal, but I don't know any of their works.

All the other studios are just names to me.

PSYCHO-PASS 04

Oh wow, this episode started quite weirdly. Mostly because I have never heard of this avatar world before now, but it a pretty logical and cool part of the future.

Of course, the case this week will involve the avatar world and I guess the super serious business of being popular or something. The episode was light on the action and the fun from last episode but it does set up the case and shows us a lot more of the avatar world.

Really like how this avatar world looks. Lots of use of different colors, the designs are pretty nifty and it gives a nice contrast to the otherwise metal and steel real world.

That tomato metaphor at the end. :[

7th Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! BD/DVD Adds Unaired Anime Episode

The voice cast members of the Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! anime revealed on the online Radio Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! program on Thursday that the previously unannounced seventh Blu-ray Disc/DVD volume will include unaired anime. Specifically, it will have one unaired 24-minute episode and the six Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai! "Lite" shorts.

The seventh volume will ship on June 19, 2013 with about 22 minutes of the Lite shorts, the new unaired episode, an unaired short movie "Depth of Field ~Ai to Nikushimi Gekijō" (Depth of Field - Love and Hate Theater), a "black activity report" video, and the clean versions of the "Lite" opening and ending animation sequences. It will also have cast and staff commentaries and Japanese subtitles. Copies in the first pressing will add a full-color 24-page booklet, an illustration postcard with an exclusive drawing by original character designer Nozomi Ousaka, and an exclusive case for the Digipak packaging.

So after all of us recover from our chuunibyou syndrome, we'll relapse come next June.

Metrotab

Banned
Kimikiss - 2

It's weird how many things are differently done in this show. 3 characters getting their own romance arcs and splitting the spotlight? One of whom is a girl getting involved with a guy? A rather gentle tone instead of wacky harem shenanigans? I'm liking this a lot.

And the background art is a lot more impressionistic than I'm used to, gives everything this washed out look. Not something I'd usually prefer, but it gives the show a way different feeling.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Chuunibyou - 5
The two mature ladies prove to be the better characters again. This is why we need an anime based around the PTA.

Also how can someone hate milk!? I'm going to go off and drink some out of anger.​

Polar Bear Cafe - 31
I can list off some good things about you Penguin-san. For starters you're a penguin and then there's the fact that you are... um... what was the question again?

New ED is cool. Glad one of the best characters got a cool song.​

Gintama - Rerun 1
It's an old Gintama episode. Boo hoo. I want more new Gintama.​

PSYCHO-PASS - 4
So this is the future of NicoNico Douga/2ch. Though the idea that someone would
want to murder me because I wasn't doing a good job of being myself so they wanted to be me instead is a bit cooky.
Then again this could explain Evilore's thread the other day...​

Noirulus

Chuunibyou 1 - 5

I had no idea this was being made by KyoAni. I was surprised by the quality of the art/animation and had to look up who was producing it, lol.

Anyway, as everyone else has been raving about this, I decided to check it out. It's the very definition of pandering to moe-philes, but man does it deliver in spades. There's the interesting theme "chuunibyou" which is a free pass to let your heroine and her side-kick act as cute as possibly possible, then we have a clumsy narcoleptic upperclassman and a bishojo thrown into the mix and yet everything gels together quite well. Usually it can take a bit after the cast get together for the anime hijinks to feel natural, but that's not the case with this show. There's already a strong chemistry between the cast and it's been very enjoyable.

Wouldn't feel complete without sharing some cuteness, of course.

Oh yeah, something bothered me regarding Nibutani.
I know she's embarrassed speaking about her past chuunibyou-ness, but couldn't she easily convince Dekomori that she's the real Mori Summer as she's got lots of evidence? I'm thinking there's more to her joining the club than just getting back all the copies of her book from Dekomori.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Hmm, so there are apparently three bonus episodes to Baccano. Worth watching?

Also, this Chuunibyou looks good. Might have to check it out after Hyouka. Bah, too many shows...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chuunibyou 1 - 5

Oh yeah, something bothered me regarding Nibutani.
I know she's embarrassed speaking about her past chuunibyou-ness, but couldn't she easily convince Dekomori that she's the real Mori Summer as she's got lots of evidence? I'm thinking there's more to her joining the club than just getting back all the copies of her book from Dekomori.
They touch on that in the latest episode actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom