• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepykyo

I really hope it gets expanded to a second season or something. But I like the random landscape views they give especially the underside of the bridge they also show.

Awashima's moment felt kind of unnecessary looking back.
tumblr_mcu09k6KdQ1rx1dfqo1_500.gif

Oh my. Would watch, but what is with the excessive green saturation?

Ultimadrago

With all the talk about Mr. Dezaki & Mr. Sugino, I'll use the opportunity to shoe-in again the Treasure Island opening, just because it is that amazing and loved
:

宝島 OP&ED - デイリーモーション動画
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x88zes

Boy, do all the good links I had of it have disappeared overnight or what? I ain't been lucky searching for videos lately! Other one I posted before (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26782972&postcount=144) looked much, much better!

That's neat, man. I especially liked the adult's vocals (Yoshito Machida from what your linked post states, correct?)

Has he done any other music for openings or endings?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You have chosen poorly, I'm afraid to say. Actually, I'm not afraid to say.
Speaking of choosing poorly...

Asobi ni iku yo

At times this really tried to be interesting, but meh. Chet would love it though. They even left human ears on everyone for him.

Jex

It turns out that the staff working on Psycho Pass haven't quite mastered the art of animating humans dancing:

ppremix.gif

ppdance2.gif

Jex

Oh, would you look at that, Photobucket are degrading the quality of my images for no apparent reason.

Here's one from earlier:

acceltoast.gif

and when I upload it again:

acceltoast-1.gif

Gross. Anyone recommend another image host?

Jex

Looks like that was one of the new 'features' of the new photobucket. If I go back everything's better. Here's how they should look:

ppremix-1.gif

ppdance2-1.gif

These clearly need to be in high quality to match the high quality animation.

Looks like that was one of the new 'features' of the new photobucket. If I go back everything's better. Here's how they should look:

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/ppremix-1.gif[/IM]

[IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/ppdance2-1.gif[/IM]

These clearly need to be in high quality to match the high quality animation.[/QuOTE]

They degraded it and sped it up? Awkward move for pb.

Jex

Speaking of... You've reminded me of this gif. I don't know where it's from, but it's pretty hypnotic, especially with something slow and rhythmic:

http://sadpanda.us/images/1237371-ON0W9SP.gif[/img[/QUOTE]
That looks like it's from the [B]Birdy the Mighty:Decode[/B] OVA episode set between season 1 and season 2.

cajunator

Banned
Nice selection. I love Watanabe, his girls <3 You know, Watanabe reminds me a lot of Kuuchuu Yousai's work. He did the art for Djibril, and I think I was actually getting the two mixed up in my head when I was looking through some images.

Wait... Nurse Witch Komugi is one of Watanabe's... this is.. wait, who is this costume-wearing, sometimes-tanned, DFC hottie?? Be still... my beating heart.

Which girl are you referring to? Komugi?

Asobi ni iku yo

At times this really tried to be interesting, but meh. Chet would love it though. They even left human ears on everyone for him.

Cat Planet Cuties?
Well I'm biased to like this show for obvious reasons...Somebody has to buy the blurays.

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb - 05

I was not meant to last long in this world.

If I don't make it to Christmas, tell my family and friends I loved them. I have lived a truly good life.

I will tell everyone how wise the Bear was, and how he went with a big smile as his heart exploded, BTOOOM STYLE.

Worth watching?

Yes it certainly is.

Grzi

Robotics;Notes - 04

A pretty boring episode, new girl sucks, some more stuff is foreshadowed, but nothing of real importance occurred. But hope dies last, so I'm still expecting the story to become at least as interesting as it was in Steins;Gate.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Which girl are you referring to? Komugi?

Yes, I think. The one from that music video you linked. She's lovely in every way.

Alright, Birdy added to list. Think I'm gonna have to start keeping a backlog on MAL, so I can remember everything to watch. The Mrs seems to get a little irritated if we start watching too many shows at once.

I feel like we've dropped a lot of shows recently:
Accel World
Usagi Drop
Penguindrum
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
SAO

On that remark, we dropped Natsuyuki Rendezvous somewhere around episode 9, because the dream arch was becoming really tired. Would any of you guys recommend finishing it? She also wanted to catch up on SAO, but I got really tired of that. All of the girls were just cock teases.

Dresden

On that remark, we dropped Natsuyuki Rendezvous somewhere around episode 9, because the dream arch was becoming really tired. Would any of you guys recommend finishing it? She also wanted to catch up on SAO, but I got really tired of that. All of the girls were just cock teases.

If you got to episode 9, you're at the end anyways and past almost all the tedium of the dream world.

Robotics;Notes 4
tumblr_mcuen0yWgO1qim879o4_500.png

An actually good female character in this, who, hopefully gets in league with the main crew to add a nice touch. Loved her lines and mode of talking, and similar interests, relatable.

Subaru didnt answer Kai's question, he was even smirking which made it even more compelling.

Plot wise I guess I was wrong in one regard, but otherwise correct on another
figured it was some incident on the cruise ship as well as what each's ability was. At this point in the time the ending was actually interesting, the random girl only appearing digitally was creepy, what is the bigger issue at hand here beyond the overarching committee and now this as well as just the robot tourneys

cajunator

Banned
Yes, I think. The one from that music video you linked. She's lovely in every way.

Alright, Birdy added to list. Think I'm gonna have to start keeping a backlog on MAL, so I can remember everything to watch. The Mrs seems to get a little irritated if we start watching too many shows at once.

Sorry to hear you dropped so many shows. Birdy the mighty is pretty fun actiony stuff. Some Sakuga in it if you enjoy such things.

Yes that girl I posted is Komugi-chan and she's completely adorable.
Akio is a fucking wizard when it comes to cute character design. the ahoges, bandaids, frilly dresses, bright colors, and black eye outlines are his trademark style. Dude knows what's up.

Have you seen Dream Eater Merry?

Jex

[Pyscho Pass] - 4

I wasn't particularly impressed with this weeks episode of Pyscho Pass. I feel like the series is perfectly content to be what it is and doesn't want to stray too far away from that vision. Which is, you know, fine, but I don't particularly care for what that particular approach is. The creators seem to be playing it remarkably safe and I don't get the feeling that they're particularly interested in doing anything creative or daring, they're just trying to make their stock procedural.

The construction of this episode highlights this facet of the show: nothing interesting is done with the cinematography, animation or editing throughout the whole episode. It feels very workmanlike. There may be some nice pieces of individual art I feel that, on the whole, it was pretty flat. This is especially true with the nightclub scene near the end of the episode which felt completely stilted and rigid. It was surprisingly dull to watch.

I think the biggest problem with this episode is that, ironically, we aren't given enough information to understand why the events that take place in this episode are so important. The way that the show presents these events makes it pretty clear that what's going down is part of something larger, something important. However, as we don't know why these events are of such import it's really hard to care what goes on during the course of episode. Lets summarise, shall we?

-The team investigate the flat of a man who has dissapeared.

- It's theorized that he's been killed and his body disposed of.

- The man in question runs a popular avatar in an online ComuField. His avatar is still operating even though he's long dead.

- Ginzoa and Akane beging to stalk this avatar online. At this point the fact that a man's death set of this whole even because we don't learn any thing about him or his family.

- Akane and Spooky Boogie cooperate to organise a raid.

- Surprise, the bad guy is one step ahead of them and escapes.

- Can he be stopped?

As such the most important part of the episode is clearly devoted to the online world. Ironically Akane knows all about this world and so she doesn't ask a single question but we might actually need her too because we don't know anything about this virtual world. Akane is completely useless in most areas but this is the one time where she doesn't want to ask questions? What's a Comfield? What's the importance of these avatars? What is popularity good for online? Etc etc. All of these things would presumably feed into the motives which we don't know because the show barely explains what they're doing. As such it's pretty hard to care for anyone or thing in this world.

PsychoPass44.jpg

PsychoPass45.jpg

I can't say I was a fan of the character positioning either. They don't look like humans naturally filling the room, they look like they're all getting ready for a photo-shoot. It just looks very fake.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

I got bored man. Usagi Drop was cute and all that, but I couldn't do it anymore after a few episodes. Same with Space Bros. I think we got to episode 6 or 7, how much longer are you gonna keep testing for! Penguindrum was awesome at the start, but it kept raising too many questions without giving any answers. It was a little frustrating. Jinrui was cool - funny. No reason to drop it, except that I started watching Tsuritama (which I also dropped).

Shows like Steins;Gate and Baccano were absolutely thrilling and enganging from start to finish, so I guess I don't really know how to pick them. I loved Sakamichi no Apollon, but that show had amazing pacing - and I'd probably say it was more of a drama than it was slice of life.

I also suffered through such trials as Tiger & Bunny - which I managed to finish on behalf of losing a part of my soul. I dunno... Anime is awesome, I love it... but sometimes it hurts, and I ask myself 'why?'. I guess I just have specific tastes, that I don't even fully understand - and there are too many shows - a lot of them sound promising, and I turn out disliking them. Some of them don't seem like much, and end up being fantastic, and rewarding.

Uchip

Banned

Asobi ni iku yo

those bastards

ppremix-1.gif

ppdance2-1.gif

These clearly need to be in high quality to match the high quality animation.

Theyre almost as good as commander sheppard

This weeks Psycho Pass has to be a halloween tie in
its too convenient

Robotics;Notes 4
tumblr_mcuen0yWgO1qim879o4_500.png

An actually good female character in this

LOL

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
No no, this statement tells me you certainly do know how to pick 'em. :)

My point is... I try to watch a lot of shows. I watch shows that people recommend. I watch shows that I've heard about and researched. About half of the shows I start, I drop. I feel like that's preventing me from enjoying my hobby somewhat. I don't like investing time in things I'm not gonna finish, and I don't like finishing things I don't fully enjoy. I suppose when I come across something amazing that makes up for it, but I wish my choices reflected what I liked a little more. Problem is, I have no idea how to do this.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I got bored man. Usagi Drop was cute and all that, but I couldn't do it anymore after a few episodes. Same with Space Bros. I think we got to episode 6 or 7, how much longer are you gonna keep testing for! Penguindrum was awesome at the start, but it kept raising too many questions without giving any answers. It was a little frustrating. Jinrui was cool - funny. No reason to drop it, except that I started watching Tsuritama (which I also dropped).

Shows like Steins;Gate and Baccano were absolutely thrilling and enganging from start to finish, so I guess I don't really know how to pick them. I loved Sakamichi no Apollon, but that show had amazing pacing - and I'd probably say it was more of a drama than it was slice of life.

I also suffered through such trials as Tiger & Bunny - which I managed to finish on behalf of losing a part of my soul. I dunno... Anime is awesome, I love it... but sometimes it hurts, and I ask myself 'why?'. I guess I just have specific tastes, that I don't even fully understand - and there are too many shows - a lot of them sound promising, and I turn out disliking them. Some of them don't seem like much, and end up being fantastic, and rewarding.
Maybe you should stop watching anime

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
My point is... I try to watch a lot of shows. I watch shows that people recommend. I watch shows that I've heard about and researched. About half of the shows I start, I drop. I feel like that's preventing me from enjoying my hobby somewhat. I don't like investing time in things I'm not gonna finish, and I don't like finishing things I don't fully enjoy. I suppose when I come across something amazing that makes up for it, but I wish my choices reflected what I liked a little more. Problem is, I have no idea how to do this.

Dude, you're totally speaking my language right now. This is how I am as well, and why I have such a hard time following a lot of the discussion here. I try out a lot of shows and usually end up dropping at least half of them.

Articalys

A few other tidbits of news from Sentai:

- At the present time, they have no plans to go back and do a dub for any of their previous sub-only releases
- They are "looking maybe" at Carnival Phantasm and the OVAs for The World God Only Knows; the main series for the latter has been selling well for them
- Steve Blum has contacted them about wanting to do Kids on the Slope, but there's nothing confirmed

These three things are secondhand from the reports of someone who's actually at the panel, btw, so I can't actually verify any of it (as opposed to the confirmed licensing news from earlier).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom