• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

I don't think there's anything wrong with putting shows on the chopping block and dropping a bunch-- so long as you don't completely regret your time with them. In such case, it's time to scale back the fandom a bit. Discovering new shows shouldn't be out of obligation, it should be out of curiosity.
- Steve Blum has contacted them about wanting to do Kids on the Slope, but there's nothing confirmed
He contacted them? I didn't know that sort of thing happened. Steve Blum's the man.

Cwarrior

So who are yall favorite character designers anyway?

That is such a hard question as most anime character designs are based on manga character designs that were drawn by someone else originally.

my opinion on anime character designs are pretty negative so that also makes it hard to even begin to make a list.

Could I really say someone like akira toriyama when he isn't an anime character designer but a manga one?

If I had to stick to anime only or else my list will be 10 manga artist, of the top of my head

Takeshi Koike - cool, sleek detailed unique character designs that are lively looking with lots of sweet hard black shadow shading.

Masakazu katsura (Zetaman, tiger &gunny) note- his mankga that works on adaptions of his own work pretty cool- can draw detailed adults with nice clothing designs but that's not why his on here, this man has a gift when it comes to drawing really old people, the older the character the better his art is...why i don't know.

Shinji OTSUKA (pom poko)-Great big transforming raccoon balls

only ones I can think of that don't suck right now.

Yoshiharu SATO (My Neighbor Totoro)- CATBUS FOR LIFE! enough said.

Masashi Ando (paprika, spirted away) - paprika dream scenes ,spirted away inn monsters and to top it off he once drew a fatman without him looking some round ball *shock*

cajunator

Banned
YES. Yes I do.

Nope. Haven't even heard of it till now[i
mg][/img].

This is Merry.
You'd love her.
yTpZp.jpg

Sentai has licensed Kamisama Dolls, Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox, and Ebiten.

Hybrid BD/DVD for the first two, no date planned yet for any of them.

It seems Sentai is picking up some of the stuff from this season that they missed earlier -- they've licensed Suki-tte Ii na yo and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

Full article on all their licensing activity today.

They also confirmed that Ano Natsu de Matteru and Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! will be sub-only DVD in February.

For me not really good. Of the ones picked up only one is on my list. Will end up definitely buying The Pet Girl of Sakurasou whenever they release that.

Will get Ano Natsu de Matteru even if it is sub only.

Another conference with Hunter x Hunter and Hyouka being unlicensed :(

Narag

Galactic Cyclone Bryger 29

Ep kinda cheaped out with part of a flashback from an earlier ep although to be fair it was to set up this week's drama. The normally stoic Isaac loses his shit in front of his uncle and calls out Earth's government for its corruption. As it were, his uncle just so happens to be an assassination target for the Nubia Connection. J9 actually comes face to face with Khamen Khamen but does jack all which was both stupid and terribly badass what with how Khamen Khamen didn't even give a shit about them. I so nerded out when he appeared though. smh

At least I have another two parter coming up!

y8YKal.png

Did I run this screenshot through blingee? Maybe, maybe not.

Branduil

Yeah?

While I admittedly couldn't name a single anime character designer to save my life, I'm a little surprised someone would pick Naoki Urasawa as a favorite, since I've always found his people drawings to be one of the worst aspects of his mangos.

How so? Urasawa is great at designing characters with a wide variety of faces and body types while still maintaining a coherent sense of style.

Articalys

All those showings across the country must have worked.
Shame one of those isn't Wolf Children of course maybe it has a chance next year!
The only place you need to actually screen your movie to be eligible for Oscar consideration is to have at least a seven day run in LA, so as long as Funi does that at some point next year for Wolf Children, they're good to go.

For that matter of fact, Gkids still needs to actually do their screening for Poppy Hill in the next two months to complete its eligibility.

Also, I found these audience reaction videos on /a/ from what I guess is the official Mystical Laws Youtube account:

Los Angeles
Hawaii
San Francisco (part 1 and part 2)

Narag

Oh that may be it, it was up for a short time,I added it to my favorites and now it does not work at all.

I guess its not officially up yet.

I think it's a db error or something as it's available through their web page and I recall seeing it a week or two ago.

Edit: Actually looks like you have to enable Mature Content in your profile through the site for it to appear.

Edit 2: Well shit, I never realized I was missing out on some shows by not having that enabled.

Soma

Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 04

ibusNN8SJj29oW.jpg

Yep this was pretty shounen right down to the lengthy dialogue. I liked it though I wasn't a huge fan of the fight since the manga. The second half was enjoyable especially with the upbeat music and the flashback to Takachiho's past. Next episode should be the one that me and a lot of other people who've read the manga are really looking forward to.

Robotics;Notes Episode 04

iJO159YeJLJwZ.jpg

Not bad.

After the excitement from last episode I kind of expected this to be a bit slower. The new character is... interesting. Not sure if I really like her yet. She just seems like a weirder version of Daru from Steins;Gate. The little tidbits regarding the Kaitos and Akiho's past and their illnesses were interesting and the bit at the end was pretty strange.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.

cajunator

Banned
Although the blurays of Yumekui merry in that scene dont say "vagina bones" so I forgot about the fansub picture.
Why did they translate it like that? Was it a joke?

Thoraxes

The only place you need to actually screen your movie to be eligible for Oscar consideration is to have at least a seven day run in LA, so as long as Funi does that at some point next year for Wolf Children, they're good to go.

For that matter of fact, Gkids still needs to actually do their screening for Poppy Hill in the next two months to complete its eligibility.

Also, I found these audience reaction videos on /a/ from what I guess is the official Mystical Laws Youtube account:

Los Angeles
Hawaii

Woah.

Ultimadrago

Los Angeles
Hawaii

"This movie was about uuh...love being good...peace on Earth..."

Sounds like a Happy Science film, alright. lol

I also find the music (probably the theme) playing while people are giving fairly lax impressions more humorous than I should.

/XX/

That's neat, man. I especially liked the adult's vocals (Yoshito Machida from what your linked post states, correct?)

Has he done any other music for openings or endings?
Not that I know of, no. Would have liked to hear more of those from him, certainly.

Min.us

Doesn't degrade and you can make a new portfolio with folders and all.
Although I don't like the changes they've made recently, to the point I have the impression they are paving the way for putting different tiers of features in the near future.

You know, I for one welcome more 'H-dōjin' avatars, Lain-style! Good one!

Exactly.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I really hope it gets expanded to a second season or something. But I like the random landscape views they give especially the underside of the bridge they also show.

Awashima's moment felt kind of unnecessary looking back.
tumblr_mcu09k6KdQ1rx1dfqo1_500.gif

Haven't seen the episode yet but it's already proven to be better than the ones that came before it.

/XX/

Did they already make the announced showings for A Letter to Momo?

Nafe

More people should watch this.
My mission on AnimeGAF is to get as much people as possible to watch Getter Robo Armageddon and the Black Jack OVAs.

This works in with something I was just thinking about asking.

This is a question to all members of AnimeGaf as well as any members who enjoy anime but maybe only just read the thread. I was wondering if there were maybe one or two titles someone really enjoys but is maybe older or more obscure or both that they think maybe many people haven't seen and they really think more people should watch them.

Not to preemptively take away some early responses but as some examples I mean such as duckroll suggesting people watch the show Fantastic Children or icarus-daedelus suggesting people watch the film Angels's Egg. DrForester hasn't really posted here much in awhile but I remember Violinist of Hameln being suggested.

I can't remember who all it was but some of us just recently were suggesting that people should take a look at the recent but perhaps more obscure show Denpa Teki na Kanojo.

I was just wondering if maybe different ones here had a particular show they've been requesting people should really take a look at any chance they get but so far maybe hadn't had any success in getting people to watch it and maybe this could be another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom