• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I was going to watch lots and lots of anime tonight, but then Battle Royale.

So much more fun than anime.

Syrinx

YuruYuri 22

I don't wanna be the husband either, Himawari.'

I really think this show gives way too much airtime to Himawari and Sakurako. I got tired of their hating each other yet being best friends and just being too stubborn to admit it schtick a while ago.

At least this episode had the part where Chinatsu massages/tortures Akari. That was pretty good. Akari has an odd ticklish spot on her back...unless Chinatsu was rubbing her boobs. I don't think she was, but the way her hands were positioned...

Also, is this a series of events that happened while Kyoko and Yui were on their trip? Or was the whole thing some deja vu thing with Kyoko having bought them a sword when they already had a sword, presumably from when they went on their last trip?

YuruYuri 22

I don't wanna be the husband either, Himawari.'

I really think this show gives way too much airtime to Himawari and Sakurako. I got tired of their hating each other yet being best friends and just being too stubborn to admit it schtick a while ago.

At least this episode had the part where Chinatsu massages/tortures Akari. That was pretty good. Akari has an odd ticklish spot on her back...unless Chinatsu was rubbing her boobs. I don't think she was, but the way her hands were positioned...

Also, is this a series of events that happened while Kyoko and Yui were on their trip? Or was the whole thing some deja vu thing with Kyoko having bought them a sword when they already had a sword, presumably from when they went on their last trip?

Well the author love those characters ( so much that he is doing doujins of them under a pen name )

SO well that is the result ..you don't even need yuri googles to see it

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Space Bros. 4-5:

Such heart in this show. The music really sells it for me. :)

Plus Apo is adorable.

Pretty nice looking. I really don't know much about Miku or what her games are supposed to be, but this looks cool.

There a reason she's in the sky? Or is this just the kind of thing she does?

No reason, just thought it'd be fun to paint her free-falling. ^^

polar bear 31

lmao that first half was intense as fuck, but i couldn't stop laughing! Poor penguin.

The 2nd half taught me a lot about fan life... hmmmm...

The llama ED was amazing though.

Great eps.

Thoraxes

I saw a little bit of Texhnolyze on TV years ago actually. I had never heard about it and decided to watch a little bit. Unfortunately I was so hit and miss with being able to watch it I had no idea what was going on. Maybe now I'll finally get back to it and be able to follow along.

I think you would enjoy it. It's a very slow burn, but the payoffs (as I believe KO Traveling Hobo and Narag can tell you) are great, the setting is crazy creepy and fascinating, and your feelings will basically follow this chart:

FrNK7.png

YuruYuri 22

I think it's an in-joke about how the characters never age, don't change school years, etc, but still acknowledging they've actually already gone on a trip last year, to the same place. Don't think too hard about it.

Maedhros

Chuubinyou 05

A character that only purpose is to sleep... that's the definition of useless. Holy shit, that must be the worst thing a moeblob could create.

Considering how fucking bad the cast is, Rikka is easily the best there... considering only the main characters though.

And finally some good scenes that made me laugh: the interaction between the sister (Rikka's) and Yuuta's little sister. So nice.

cajunator

Banned
Pretty nice looking. I really don't know much about Miku or what her games are supposed to be, but this looks cool.

There a reason she's in the sky? Or is this just the kind of thing she does?

Miku was the very first vocaloid software from Yamaha.
She became insanely popular, leading to fanart, music, and culminating in several videogames.

Syrinx

Miku was the very first vocaloid software from Yamaha.
She became insanely popular, leading to fanart, music, and culminating in several videogames.

I don't really know what vocaloid means. I got the impression from the wikipedia page on Miku that it's some sort of thing where you record your voice singing or whatever and then distort it or enhance it and just generally play around with it.

cajunator

Banned
I don't really know what vocaloid means. I got the impression from the wikipedia page on Miku that it's some sort of thing where you record your voice singing or whatever and then distort it or enhance it and just generally play around with it.

Not exactly.
Its a totally computer generated voice.
Just type in lyrics and the melody of the music and the program creates a song.

RurouniZel

Vocaloid is a meshing of the words "Vocal" and "Android". The software is developed by Yamaha, who licensed it to Crypton Media, who created Hatsune Miku. She's used to simulate a singing voice for aspiring song writers who don't have a vocal to sing the songs they write.

Syrinx

Not exactly.
Its a totally computer generated voice.
Just type in lyrics and the melody of the music and the program creates a song.

That's...actually pretty cool. Kind of strange that they churn out as many versions as they do. I can't imagine that the software is improving at that dramatic a rate. Though I wager the idol aspect allows them to produce a steady stream of products that sell like hotcakes.

Instro

From the New World 6

A rather convenient way to get ones powers back, not sure why they didn't do that earlier unless it was her trip out that gave her the idea. It was pretty interesting to watch Satoru descend into a bit of madness though, dude got pretty drunk on power there.

Production values were kind of mixed this week, theres some great spots of animation and then some not so nice spots, particularly as the episode was winding down. The CG was rather jarring too, the whole flying rock scene near the end was pretty ugly. I did love the scene
as they exit the cave, with the stair animation and the lighting during that segment as well. Very cool

In any event, it was an ok episode. Not a lot happened to move the plot forward, most of the episode is just
watching Satoru walk around killing shit
while Saki basically repeats the same lines over and over again for 15 minutes. The first 10 minutes or so are great though I thought, the opening in particular is pretty odd to watch. It starts to drag further in though sadly.

edit
Derp I meant episode 6.

Syrinx

Kinda bummed to hear the impressions on From the New World 5. It seems pretty unanimous that the animation was off in this one. Haven't gotten the chance to see it for myself, though, so I'll withhold judgement.

Maedhros

Code:Breaker 04

Lol... Sakurakouji must be the worst female MC character I've ever seen. She's useless, her reason is fucking stupid and she can't do nothing. This make the show even better.

cajunator

Banned
That's...actually pretty cool. Kind of strange that they churn out as many versions as they do. I can't imagine that the software is improving at that dramatic a rate. Though I wager the idol aspect allows them to produce a steady stream of products that sell like hotcakes.

You got it.
They made several versions each representing different idol characters like Megurine Luka.
The fan community also created offshoots like a yandere one and alts of the real vocaloids.

RurouniZel

Space Bros. 5-8:

Gotta stop for tonight, work tomorrow. But this is why I've waited so long to watch. I knew after the first couple of episodes that this was the kind of show that I would want to marathon once I started watching it. Like Steins;Gate and Chihayafuru, I can't just watch one episode at a time. If I can watch 30, I'll watch 30. Unless I have to go to bed for work tomorrow, which is the case tonight. ;_;

:kumin

Maedhros

Hyouka 06

Chitanda: "I can't stop thinking about this"
Oreki: "Well, fuck you".

God, I would pay buckets of money to see this happening. Seriously, fuck you Chitanda.

This episode was stupid.

cajunator

Banned
Space Bros. 5-8:

Gotta stop for tonight, work tomorrow. But this is why I've waited so long to watch. I knew after the first couple of episodes that this was the kind of show that I would want to marathon once I started watching it. Like Steins;Gate and Chihayafuru, I can't just watch one episode at a time. If I can watch 30, I'll watch 30. Unless I have to go to bed for work tomorrow, which is the case tonight. ;_;

:kumin

That show is so much soulfood.
It inspires you.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 06

Chitanda: "I can't stop thinking about this"
Oreki: "Well, fuck you".

God, I would pay buckets of money to see this happening. Seriously, fuck you Chitanda.

This episode was stupid.

Ah I see you survived the worst episode.
It only gets better from there.

Gintama' 209

I feel like I seen this already.

Ha, eight episodes in and we already got a Gintama recap. And, I know they didn't bother remaking the scenes with the recapped stuff still in SD. I see through your lies!

Omg, four devas!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Right, I almost forgot this was happening today:

From Saimadoka in 2011 to Sakimoe this time around.
Only nine more hours to go until all this garbage is over.

Until next year.

Toki has this in the bag! Let's go!

Saki salt is so delicious.

Jex

While I admittedly couldn't name a single anime character designer to save my life, I'm a little surprised someone would pick Naoki Urasawa as a favorite, since I've always found his people drawings to be one of the worst aspects of his mangos.
I've always thought he did a great job at drawing unique characters. The normal way to make a character design unique is to have them with some weird scar or have them wear crazy clothes but he managed to achieve uniqueness without having them look too 'cartoony', for want of a better word.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
SAO 14

Sweet. This is over now, right? Pretty good end.
Alright time to g-

SAO 15

What the fu... !? God, make it stop! WTF IS THIS?!

Anyways, here's my current backlog, no particular order yet:

Chihayafuru
Durarara!!
Eden of East
Hyouka
Moribito
Birdy Decode
Texhnolyze
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199

Seem alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.