• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I got over with School Days, I should probably watch good anime again. I'm thinking of Magical Girl Madoka.

According to Wikipedia one is called Valentine Days and the other Magical Heart Kokoro-chan. Guess I too will have to check them out to close this sad chapter in my life.

Comedy chapter in the franchise was a bad move.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I think in my head I'm treating those parts as words on a script. That is, to me they are equivalent to an omniscient narrator giving out random information about the world in a novel or short story. But sure, they're not exposition - they're visual infodumps.
62748.jpg

please stop

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ixion Saga DT 03:

Wow, the protagonist continues to prove that he is GAF-Man. Being a dick about other peoples' choices of pet and using cold darwinist rhetoric to justify not helping an animal in need? Sounds about right.

Unfortunately, this episode had a lot of something that I really hate: seiyuu making animal noises but making no attempt not to sound like a human just reading animal onomatopoeia off of a script. It's always shitty.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So, that Eva horse reminded me of something that I hadn't thought about since around the beginning of the year, namely that there was supposed to be some kind of moe horse-racing ONA in the Winter '12 season called My Sweet Umadonna: I'll Be Your Horse. Does anyone know if this ever came out? I haven't seen a single reference to it anywhere since the Winter '12 Anime |OT| so I presumed it was canned, but perhaps it just went completely unnoticed by everyone.

fake edit: Apparently the OP is on youtube so it actually exists in some form.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Revolutionary Girl Utena 24

I can't say I'm surprised
Tsuwabuki
is messed up. It's just not normal behavior.
I think you should play closer attention to the other characters' behaviours here. Tsuwabuki is just kininarimasu, as any healthy kid his age would be.

So, that Eva horse reminded me of something that I hadn't thought about since around the beginning of the year, namely that there was supposed to be some kind of moe horse-racing ONA in the Winter '12 season called My Sweet Umadonna: I'll Be Your Horse. Does anyone know if this ever came out? I haven't seen a single reference to it anywhere since the Winter '12 Anime |OT| so I presumed it was canned, but perhaps it just went completely unnoticed by everyone.

fake edit: Apparently the OP is on youtube so it actually exists in some form.

It wasn't an ONA; it was a browser visual novel with Production I.G. providing an animated opening sequence.

You can find it here. There were some English impressions of it on Crunchyroll.

But apparently not too complicated to cover a thousand years of history in a few minutes. I mean, can you have it both ways? It's both complicated, but also shallow. I dunno, maybe I just do have a cynical view of science fiction because of how disappointing it has become over the last decade or so.

So, I think it was The Last Samurai or Pearl Harbor that opened with some text scroll that explained how the West was treating Japan in order to provide context for the movie (it was probably Pearl Harbor, since it was about the blockades and the forced isolation, now that I think about it). To me, that's basically what those opening segments are like. I don't think they necessarily detract or add anything qualitatively, but it's still extra contextual information being given to the audience that is divorced from the main part of the show.

I don't see it as shallow, and I definitely don't agree with your comparison in the second paragraph, but I think we'll ultimately have to agree to disagree here.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It wasn't an ONA; it was a browser visual novel with Production I.G. providing an animated opening sequence.

You can find it here. There were some English impressions of it on Crunchyroll.

Ah, didn't realize. I suppose that it must have been placed in the OP in error unless we were more broad with what constituted a new animated production back then. Mystery solved!

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Total radio silence for now, but at least the internet is already hard at work churning out bad-to-middling fanart for the series.

This also may or may not be a (lol westernized) piece official art for the series, however a.) I found it on some Italian-language anime forums so I can't determine its origins and b.) it would certainly be odd for the tagline to be English-language if Japan and France/Benelux are the earliest markets in which the show is currently slated to air.

wonzo

Banned
I can understand for things like movies because it’s intended for deaf people but for anime that gets released over in the west, I don’t understand why the subs look so bad. Thats one of the reasons why I like fansubs.

You hear that folks, subs just don't look good unless they're placed at the bottom of the screen with some crappy font, bad graphics overlaying signs and shitty karaoke for the OP and ED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom