• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
That's sort of how I felt about it all. It's formulaic to a fault too although I appreciated the fans that just assumed Krauser was doing the most depraved thing possible even if it was something innocuous.

Yeah, I think the fans were the best part of the show. I always laughed when they started narrating what Krauser was doing.

Narag

Galactic Cyclone Bryger 16

pHdPYl.png

Fanservice ruining anime. #femmeworthwasright

Isaac the Razor is such a boss, taking a revenge job for so little. Maybe it makes sense since apparently the bad guy this time was turning young girls into plastic shells and stuffing them full of explosives for smuggling purposes. Not like the sparkling naked corpses wouldn't draw attention. Grim stuff.

cajunator

Banned
Well I just finished Revolutionary Girl Utena 23 and now I'm more confused than ever.

That's perfectly normal.
You can watch the vast majority of Utena and not know whats going on.

Ideally, you'd want to stay away from any and all Fate Stay/Night adaptations and focus instead on Fate/Zero.

I've never played the VN so I can't comment on that.

Forget fate stay night.
Concentrate on Fate Zero.

My MAL, for those of you who haven't added me yet. I accept all Gaffers, so don't be shy.

Today was supposed to be an anime day for me, but I ended up spending the entire day outside the house, now it's 1:30 AM and I'm going to bed without having watched anything I planned to watch. Damn.
But at least I finally watched Dredd, and it was pretty good.

Oh man.
I know that feeling.
Time has a way of getting away from you and then its too late to enjoy.

Galactic Cyclone Bryger 16

Isaac the Razor is such a boss, taking a revenge job for so little. Maybe it makes sense since apparently the bad guy this time was turning young girls into plastic shells and stuffing them full of explosives for smuggling purposes. Not like the sparkling naked corpses wouldn't draw attention. Grim stuff.

Wow lol. Can I run away from this thread now like others have?

Still no kayos? :(
Eternal Girl Utena 22

About time we got some backstory on what's going on. I'm getting excited for the next episodes now!
Oh shit, it's that soo-
Nah, that's gonna have to wait another twelve episodes.
God damn it.

Too deep for me? I'm not really getting any of the deep stuff in this show and it makes me feel dumb.
Personally, I don't bother trying to grok that stuff in a first viewing. If a show wants me to clear out the cobwebs and turn my brain on, it has to earn it.

You hear that folks, subs just don't look good unless they're placed at the bottom of the screen with some crappy font, bad graphics overlaying signs and shitty karaoke for the OP and ED.
A lot of official subs do look like shit, though. The yellow font has a sort of nostalgic appeal, but really it just looks ugly.

cajunator

Banned
its like if princess tutu got interrupted halfway into a transformation

Horrific imagery here.

Now that I got over with School Days, I should probably watch good anime again. I'm thinking of Magical Girl Madoka.

Comedy chapter in the franchise was a bad move.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is an excellent choice and a show of substantial quality.

Soooo cute.
Really a fan of the style.

The graphs and stuff aren't too horribly useful but the recommendation list is.

Wait, what? All it does is recommend spinoffs, specials, summaries, and junk associated with stuff you've already watched. I'd call those recommendations the least interesting thing about MALgraph.

cajunator

Banned
Magi 03
Where did the budget go?
im going to end up having to read this arent I

Magi had a budget?

Space Bros 01

So... i found the anime to watch this season....

Yes.
Space Bros is long but a very enjoyable watch.
Hugely inspirational, with beautiful moving music.
Joyous.

So I finally created a MAL profile.

I guarantee I'll have a low percentage compatibility with everyone.
Even cajun. ;~;..

65%.
Although I really should update mine more.

Hanamaru Youchien 2

Besides the wierd bit about one of the girls wanting to marry the teacher, this show is pretty normal kids doing kid things. Which in it's self is kind of a thing a kid would do anyways. It's the girl's mom that needs to be watched out for.

The full song is called Kigurumi Wakusei.
Its a 6 minute long rock opera song with epic instrumentals and cute lyrics.
One of my favorites.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Well, since we're on this subject, I might as well check the official measuring tools that tell me whether I have strayed off the path of righteousness or not...

ygVeR.jpg

J4GH5.jpg

Still good.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Ultima your love of Nichijou is truly a thing to behold.

Teekyuu 1 - 3

I... need doujin for this. Hot, sweaty, delicious, doujin.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ultima your love of Nichijou is truly a thing to behold.

Teekyuu 1 - 3

I... need doujin for this. Hot, sweaty, delicious, doujin.

Fuck, I should have spent my time watching this instead of finishing the MAL. I knew I was forgetting something! >> And I gotta go to bed in the next half hour 'cause work tomorrow. FUUUUUU-!

Must watch tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom