• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

[From The World] - 5 is quite fascinating to look at with a critical eye. The way it presents images to the viewer at times seems deliberatly deceptive or just plain bizarre. For example, this series of images really doesn't let you know what time of day this scene is taking place at:

FromTheWorldCage1.jpg

FromTheWorldCage2.jpg

FromTheWorldCage5.jpg

or rather, you think you know, but actually you're wrong. Surprise:

FromTheWorldCage6.jpg

So many weird, weird choices with the lighting and colouring that I really can't fathom. Like, in that first image it looks like the sun is being blocked by the tree/cage, but that's not the case either. The sky goes from a light turquoise to a midnight blue within a few shots. It really makes no sense.

cajunator

Banned
[From The World] - 5 is quite fascinating to look at with a critical eye. The way it presents images to the viewer at times seems deliberatly deceptive or just plain bizarre. For example, this series of images really doesn't let you know what time of day this scene is taking place at:

FromTheWorldCage1.jpg

FromTheWorldCage2.jpg

FromTheWorldCage5.jpg

or rather, you think you know, but actually you're wrong. So many weird, weird choices with the lighting and colouring that I really can't fathom. Like, in that first image it looks like the sun is being blocked by the tree/cage, but that's not the case either.

Isn't that how it looks in the middle of the day in the UK?

Jex

Because he looks different than the one in real world, because the way he wrote his name wasn't the same as it's actually written.

She don't want to fuck him
. It's stupid to think like that, even if it's just trolling.

Doesn't she?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hm, well if you're the one recommending her I don't see why n- wait, this is suspicious. I could have sworn your name was Zei at the end. Clearly the only explanation is that the real RurouniZei was just replaced by you, who then messed up while typing his name, in some evil Mumei GAF conspiracy. You people can't fool me.

Curses! My plot has been unveiled!

I was trying to make light of our awful season ;_;

I know. There's always next year.

Knew you'd like the pic. ^^;

Narag

I'm *BATMAN*.

Pretty much. I do think think if it was handled better, it wouldn't be so awkward and there'd be some basis for the pretense that she doesn't suspect based entirely how she knows him. It's hard to believe he hasn't confided in his family about his ordeal though.

Syrinx

YuruYuri 24

This is the end. Beautiful friend.

I guess a Snow White play starring the members of the Student Council and the Amusement Club was a pretty good way to end the series, especially how the play ends up happening with the girls playing themselves rather than their characters. Kyoko plays Snow White (totally should have been Himawari), crazy science lady plays the witch, SC president plays the mirror, everyone else is an elf, except Chizuru, who played the hunter (and she was fucking PACKING!). Yui also plays the prince. I liked seeing Kyoko eat cardboard. Also, the robot.

I wish more would have happened at the end. I realize that the main plot isn't too important, but still. I wanted Yui and Chinatsu to finally hook up for good. Now I don't know what will happen between them :(. Also, I wanted to see if Ayano would get the pole out of her ass. Nope. Pole is still firmly in place. Though she did have that emotional part, but she had acting as plausible deniability.

Overall, I enjoyed this series. The antics that the Amusement Club got into were very entertaining. I just wish there was more development into the relationships between the characters by the end, and that Himawari and Sakurako got less screentime. Also, get rid of the creepy stuff. Not even just the sexual stuff, but the stuff like
Akari's sister and Chizuru having sexual fantasies about her sister.

Blackout Days 6

Great production values, but the content has been less than stellar. I'm surprised Governor Crispy Cream still hasn't gotten his powers back after 6 episodes. This is probably going to be a Milky Holmes situation in that aspect. That sucks.

Theonik

or rather, you think you know, but actually you're wrong. Surprise:

So many weird, weird choices with the lighting and colouring that I really can't fathom. Like, in that first image it looks like the sun is being blocked by the tree/cage, but that's not the case either. The sky goes from a light turquoise to a midnight blue within a few shots. It really makes no sense.
Maybe it's meant to show passage of time. Haven't seen it in person.

Grzi

You Are Umasou

If a family consisting of a father who is a huge fan of sakuga and amazing action choreography, a mother who is very emotional and loves sappy stories told in a good way (didn't feel like playing around with the gender roles, sorry!), a 7 year old son and a 4 year old daughter went to see this film, everyone would be equally pleased by the time it was over. I really don't have much else to say, this was superb on nearly every level.

Durarara!! 14 - 25 (end)

Was definitely worth the $150. 10/10. Liked every moment and mini arc throughout and just the whole thing. I kind of wish there was more as it seemed some things are just left unresolved.
Celty and the cops, Celty head? And I kind of wish Kida Masaomi stuck around. Was all teared up in the conclusion scene when he, Anri, and Mikado were all huddled up and expressing their feelings in the Yellow Scarves hideout --> hospital scene where it says he up and left Ikebukuro. I always get so worked up when friends resolve stuff and leave. Why did he have to go. It kind of made the last episode not as stellar since his presence wasnt there, at least for a scene, and it felt so awesome to have him in the chatroom talking with Kanra (Izaya voice).

The best thing for the onus episode was that it was like the ultimate Shizuo Izaya affair, especially when they kept switching positions. Everyones reactions were hilarious.

Chatroom scenes were good though if only they had actually subbed it or changed it to english, guess it would have been too much work for Aniplex, etc...since only maybe 85% of them were voiced.

Thanks to whomever suggested it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pretty much. I do think think if it was handled better, it wouldn't be so awkward and there'd be some basis for the pretense that she doesn't suspect based entirely how she knows him. It's hard to believe he hasn't confided in his family about his ordeal though.
This show barely acknowledges the existence of the real world. Your girlfriend is trapped in a machine by an evil raperdude and the first thing you think of is to play a video game. Only in anime-land. :p

I think the problem is just that its a Mac. the rest of the issues generally stem from there.
You are channeling Izayoi now! lol

Narag

This show barely acknowledges the existence of the real world. Your girlfriend is trapped in a machine by an evil raperdude and the first thing you think of is to play a video game. Only in anime-land. :p

What else should he do? That's all he's good at! I wish that had been handled better too but I suppose it's asking too much since the property seems to be about cool things happening in-game rather than, well, anything else.

Syrinx

Thinking of watching Ghost in the Shell tonight (the movie). Do I do original Japanese voices with English subs or English dub?

Jex

Thinking of watching Ghost in the Shell tonight (the movie). Do I do original Japanese voices with English subs or English dub?

There's nothing wrong with the English dub, it's a perfectly valid choice. I prefer the Japanese one, however.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Dresden

It makes sense, too. The fanservice has gone from

-a little girl who he said reminds him of his sister

-a young girl who's around the age of his sister

-his sister

-???

It's gone up in both age, size, and the degree to which he is related to them. Clearly it's time for him to conquer his own mother.

Thoraxes

It makes sense, too. The fanservice has gone from

-a little girl who he said reminds him of his sister

-a young girl who's around the age of his sister

-his sister

-???

It's gone up in both age, size, and the degree to which he is related to them. Clearly it's time for him to conquer his own mother.

By traveling back in time to when she will look like his sister to ensure that he won't disappear during the Enchanted Under the Sea dance.
Yes, yes he is.

You're pretty awesome, bear.
:D

Little Busters! 5
tumblr_mcxebbAG3a1qcw656o1_500.gif

Well at first I was glad we were going to get time with her out the way but then :( :( :(

Why is a cliffhanger there? The breakdown was hard to watch and so sad on top of the fact that it is a kitten that died but then to trigger the memory of the hospitalized brother and all the happy times. Waiting for the conclusion is hard but then, I dont think I even want to know how and what happened that it was that powerfully emotionally to trigger wanting to forget about it

Hopefully Riki can be good support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom