• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Little Busters! 5
tumblr_mcxebbAG3a1qcw656o1_500.gif

Well at first I was glad we were going to get time with her out the way but then :( :( :(
I'm always amused by posts you make about being irritated that a character in an anime isn't a handsome boy.

BluWacky

Isn't that how it looks in the middle of the day in the UK?

Not enough grey for that. We don't have colours in the sky here.

Anyhoo, hyperbole aside, while I appreciate Jex's point, I thought it was supposed to convey the passage of time - clearly
Satoru and Saki's near-sexual moment
was supposed to take longer than was shown. Plus I don't think the difference in lighting conditions is actually that extreme for end-of-day into early-night.

I'm not defending the artistic missteps in episode 5 by any means, but those particular shots were the least of my worries.

At the Otakon music fest in Baltimore tonight for my bday (which was yesterday, but whatevs). Faylan and Natsuko Aso just got done, and JAM Project is up next. Really hoping they do MAXON, or I might just rage :p. Great show so far.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Going with this line of reasoning, it only makes sense that ultimately, he'll romance himself.

This gross picture that could spoil slightly the next arc after Fairy Fucker might make sense now.
Here' my pitch for part 4:

Kirito, for some contrived reason, is forced to play a game where upon logging in, the system creates an immediate duplicate of his personality hosted on some gigaserver (because run-of-the-mill MMO servers can't handle the glory of Kirito). Everytime he logs out, all the experiences of Kirito and DupeKirito are encoded into his mind. Thus, he's never sure which Kirito he is playing as, and the only way to find out is to have gay sex work together with the other Kirito.

Uchip

Banned
Here' my pitch for part 4:

Kirito, for some contrived reason, is forced to play a game where upon logging in, the system creates an immediate duplicate of his personality hosted on some gigaserver (because run-of-the-mill MMO servers can't handle the glory of Kirito). Everytime he logs out, all the experiences of Kirito and DupeKirito are encoded into his mind. Thus, he's never sure which Kirito he is playing as, and the only way to find out is to have gay sex work together with the other Kirito.

many kiritos would make the community less appealing than DotAs

Sword Art Online 18

I don't know why they can ruin a decent MMO playing episode with more of the Asuna business. Hell even a second flash of her face to remind us of whatever junk they had to do in order to justify playing another MMO can turn all the below average junk in the episode into another oh who the fuck cares.

Articalys

Didn't "Alert" also say "Alart" an episode or two ago?
Maybe, I wasn't paying attention. I only noticed the name since it wasn't fully onscreen last episode and wanted to double-check.

Different studio, I know, but it's a wonder how Tiger & Bunny managed the ridiculous amount of perfect onscreen English that it had when A-1 can't even spell the same word the same way in two subsequent episodes.

Narag

Didn't "Alert" also say "Alart" an episode or two ago?

Yup.

Maybe, I wasn't paying attention. I only noticed the name since it wasn't fully onscreen last episode and wanted to double-check.

Different studio, I know, but it's a wonder how Tiger & Bunny managed the ridiculous amount of perfect onscreen English that it had.

It's actually be interesting to know how different studios handle this.

Different studio, I know, but it's a wonder how Tiger & Bunny managed the ridiculous amount of perfect onscreen English that it had when A-1 can't even spell the same word the same way in two subsequent episodes.

Sunrise obviously cares while A-1 is eh, close enough.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What else should he do? That's all he's good at! I wish that had been handled better too but I suppose it's asking too much since the property seems to be about cool things happening in-game rather than, well, anything else.
Even in the 2d world, 2d > 3d. Go figure!

Going with this line of reasoning, it only makes sense that ultimately, he'll romance himself.

This gross picture that could spoil slightly the next arc after Fairy Fucker might make sense now.
What in the what. lol

duckroll

Code:Breaker - Episode 5

How do you know these guys are really, really evil? They look like monsters, and they like to lick sharp objects! This show continues to be over the top, bombastic, and totally unashamed of what it wants to be. Good stuff. Lots of action this week, and some pretty interesting revelations and scenarios.

The villains here felt really, really evil, and were probably the most justified killings in the series so far. There's some pretty disturbing suggestions about what's going on behinds the scenes as well. So far the series has been doing a pretty good job of tying seemingly unrelated acts of corruption and the evils of society together in the background, hinting at a larger conspiracy with the main villain behind it all.

I can't wait to see how shit hits the fan soon. When Hitomi finally makes his entrance, I'm sure it's going to be pretty awesome. :D

Sword Art Online 18

This was a rather poor, monotonous episode. The story has noticeably faltered into a tiring repetition, since, aside from the intriguing ending, absolutely nothing happened. Once again, the episode suffered due to it's very deliberate pacing, since, even if I liked the material, this episode should have covered much more of the story, so, hopefully, this relaxed pacing doesn't ruin the ending, since that, along with the
tears
, is the only good aspect of ALO. The enjoyable, adventurous setting has been squandered due the plethora of dull diversions, such as any of Suguha's scenes in the real world or Lyfa's romantic quandaries in the virtual one. As such, there's far too much focus on the dull, love-struck suguha; so much so that Kirito has felt like a side character throughout this arc. All of which would be fine if Suguha was in the least bit interesting.

Suguha's "character development", which was a partial focus throughout this episode, is entirely relegated to the
growth of her love for Kirito
, so she's becoming increasingly worthless. Of course, this will inevitably lead to a glorious, satisfying
rejection
and an
abundance of tears
, but it's almost not worth it. She continues to be inexplicably unaware that
Kirito is, in fact, her brother
, even though their appearances are extremely similar. I mean, for all the criticism that Asuna's received, she's a far better character than Suguha. Also, her fanservice was entirely excessive and pandering as hell, but certainly not unexpected. Recon is the weakest, most irritating character in the story, and yet, despite this, I still feel bad for him, due to Suguha's considerable stupidity. In summation, Recon and Suguha deserve each other.

Sugou's intermittent scenes are definitely the worst moments of each episode, since he is unquestionably one of the worst antagonist's I've seen in anime. He's portrayed as this highly unintelligent, absurdly simplistic villain, and it never comes close to working. As such, once again, he, directly in front of Asuna,
slips into yet another monologue that details nearly every particular involved in his "master plan"
. I'd hope Asuna would actually
use her knowledge and attempt to escape on her own
, but, of course, that won't happen, since she's suddenly required to exist as a weak princess that needs to be rescued.

All in all, ALO has consistently failed to meet my thoroughly low expectations. The solid execution is entirely wasted on contrived, terribly-written material. Really, the only way this could get worse is if Silica appeared.

Sword Art Online 18

Recon is the weakest, most irritating character in the story, and yet, despite this, I still feel bad for him, due to Suguha's considerable stupidity. In summation, Recon and Suguha deserve each other.

Take that back! Surely, Recon isnt bad at all. He's rather underrated and just deserves a chance to prove himself I think. I think he has a unique part to play and will ultimately prove to be a valuable asset to the team, probably more than other characters you want to see, like Silica. His offline out of game self is hilarious and has a nice design.

cajunator

Banned
Not enough grey for that. We don't have colours in the sky here.

Anyhoo, hyperbole aside, while I appreciate Jex's point, I thought it was supposed to convey the passage of time - clearly
Satoru and Saki's near-sexual moment
was supposed to take longer than was shown. Plus I don't think the difference in lighting conditions is actually that extreme for end-of-day into early-night.

I'm not defending the artistic missteps in episode 5 by any means, but those particular shots were the least of my worries.

Cant wait to see this episode with all the mixed reactions to it.
Those queerat things are weird as hell.

Mandoric

Banned
At the Otakon music fest in Baltimore tonight for my bday (which was yesterday, but whatevs). Faylan and Natsuko Aso just got done, and JAM Project is up next. Really hoping they do MAXON, or I might just rage :p. Great show so far.

Lucky! I bought tickets but got tripple-whammied by work stuff, the storm, and Otakon's weird booking system that they finally did away with in October.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sword Art Online 18

I guess since Leafa doesn't recognize her brother... This is kind of NTR? Hmm... Yeah, I think I can use that to handle Yui and all the crap.

Oh, and thank the heavens for fanservice.

Mandoric

Banned
Way too many people involved and not enough caring to do a consistency check on something that small. AKA lazy.

Then I have no idea. If it wasn't for the last one I'd say it's consistent.

If it's two subsequent episodes, it has two completely different staffs on it. Sunrise just cares more about nailing English down on a planning level.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I can't wait to see people's reactions to (SAO spoilers)
Lisbeth's and Silica's pact.

lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Even though everyone complains about SAO it has the most impressions posted about it almost immediately after it airs.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online: Fairy Dance 1-4

I just did what I do best. I took your little world and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to AnimeGAF with a generic protagonist and his harem. Hmmm? You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying. If, I told you, a few weekss ago, that, like, these next episodes are going to be horrible, nothing happens. Because it's all "part of the plan." But if I tell you that the next two episodes are aweesome, well then everyone loses their minds!

Introduce the ultimate otaku wishfulfillment. Upse the established order, and everything becomes SAO. I'm an agent of SAo. Oh, and you know the thing about SAO? It
sucks. LOLOL

Narag

I just did what I do best. I took your little world and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to AnimeGAF with a generic protagonist and his harem. Hmmm? You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying. If, tomorrow, I tell you, that, like, these episodes are going to be horrible, nothing happens. Because it's all "part of the plan." But if I tell you that the next two episodes are aweesome, well then everyone loses their minds!

Introduce the ultimate otaku wishfulfillment. Upse the established order, and everything becomes SAO. I'm an agent of SAo. Oh, and you know the thing about SAO? It
sucks. LOLOL

ibiSOeh3dWEusR.gif

Risette

A Good Citizen

I just did what I do best. I took your little world and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to AnimeGAF with a generic protagonist and his harem. Hmmm? You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying. If, tomorrow, I tell you, that, like, these episodes are going to be horrible, nothing happens. Because it's all "part of the plan." But if I tell you that the next two episodes are aweesome, well then everyone loses their minds!

sucks. LOLOL
tumblr_m9pr6u05hH1r175wq.gif

Kazzy

I just did what I do best. I took your little world and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to AnimeGAF with a generic protagonist and his harem.

...Oh, and you know the thing about SAO? It
sucks. LOLOL

Jc6LZ.gif

That's a post of Machiavellian proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom