• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You guys know you can delete images from quotes right? I mean I saw the .gif the first time. There is a lot of annoying .gif spam in here to begin with and it just gets worse when the same garbage image starts to pile up.

cjkeats

That's some true dedication. I'm maybe 4 episodes behind...maybe I'll try to get caught back up for the lulz and to have something to talk about here on a Saturday night.

I haven't done laundry in like two weeks so I needed something to do between cycles.

How was Otakon?

Pooya

If you really wanna know (big SAO spoilers),
after Asuna is rescued, Silica and Lisbeth make a pact to leave Kirito with her alone for one month before making a move on him.

Yeah.

with SAO, sky's the limit. It's never dumb enough.

Firemind

Sword Art Online: Fairy Dance 1-4

I just did what I do best. I took your little world and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to AnimeGAF with a generic protagonist and his harem. Hmmm? You know... You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying. If, I told you, a few weekss ago, that, like, these next episodes are going to be horrible, nothing happens. Because it's all "part of the plan." But if I tell you that the next two episodes are aweesome, well then everyone loses their minds!

Introduce the ultimate otaku wishfulfillment. Upse the established order, and everything becomes SAO. I'm an agent of SAo. Oh, and you know the thing about SAO? It
sucks. LOLOL

Are you drunk?

It's okay. I am too.

Firemind

saoboobs.gif

Taruranto

Ookiku Furikabutte: Natsu no Taikai Hen #9

I really like how the writer is handling the relationship between Mihashi and Abe, despite the fact we are 2 season in they still far from having a functional catcher/pitcher relationship. As things are now, they work but it's obvious it will be pretty destructive and damaging on the long run, especially for Mihashi.

Compared to the way most sport manga handle these kind of things the writing is so damn good. Too bad i can't into basketball and i really miss a lot. :(

Not canon.

You are not canon!!!

Maedhros

Hyouka 12~17

Well, that was nice. The festival was really entertaining, the cooking contest was very nice, Chitanda being stupid was nice, the forced drama in manga club, the jealousy between Oreki and Satoshi... And the mystery wasn't half bad.

It wasn't the second coming of Jesus too. It was just okay... I don't understand the high praise outside of the art/animation.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Hyouka 12~17

Well, that was nice. The festival was really entertaining, the cooking contest was very nice, Chitanda being stupid was nice, the forced drama in manga club, the jealousy between Oreki and Fukube... And the mystery wasn't half bad.

It wasn't the second coming of Jesus too. It was just okay... I don't understand the high praise outside of the art/animation.

By that point people were desperate for anything better, no matter how slight.

I think we'll see another weekend show supplant SAO talk after it ends. I also think it'd have less exposure in the thread if it was made available during the week too.
You know what else is available on the weekends? Motherfuckin' Muv Luv. But do people talk about that? No! They don't even watch it!

Thoraxes

Hyouka 12~17

Well, that was nice. The festival was really entertaining, the cooking contest was very nice, Chitanda being stupid was nice, the forced drama in manga club, the jealousy between Oreki and Satoshi... And the mystery wasn't half bad.

B-b-b-but something something second coming of Jesus something something Kyoani something something subtlety in storytelling something mystery something something greatest of all time something characterization something something.

Maedhros

By that point people were desperate for anything better, no matter how slight.

Yeah, I can see that. The show was pretty boring until episode 4~5. Then came 6~11, which were just ok. Then the festival, which were just as good as 4~5.

But overall, this show isn't really that good. Actually, I had more fun watching Nichijou/Lucky Star than watching this. If it was actually a mystery anime, it would be much, much better.

Mumei

So I am currently watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Magi, Shin Sekai Yori, and Zetsuen no Tempest of the shows airing this season, and Revolutionary Girl Utena for older shows. And I just finished watching Natsume Yuujinchou San and will be picking up the next season soon.

Any recommendations for standout shows this season that I'm not watching?

Taruranto

So I am currently watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Magi, Shin Sekai Yori, and Zetsuen no Tempest of the shows airing this season, and Revolutionary Girl Utena for older shows. And I just finished watching Natsume Yuujinchou San and will be picking up the next season soon.

You may want to check Psycho-Pass.
Also Fantastic Children, watch it, it's great.

jbug617

Banned
Ookiku Furikabutte: Natsu no Taikai Hen #9

I really like how the writer is handling the relationship between Mihashi and Abe, despite the fact we are 2 season in they still far from having a functional catcher/pitcher relationship. As things are now, they work but it's obvious it will be pretty destructive and damaging on the long run, especially for Mihashi.

Compared to the way most sport manga handle these kind of things the writing is so damn good. Too bad i can't into basketball and i really miss a lot. :(

You are not canon!!!
I enjoyed the show. The simple relationship between Mihashi and Abe makes the show good.

cjkeats

What's the consensus on Strike Witches season 1 and Shangri-La? My local HMV is having a buy one, get one 40% off sale on box sets and these are the only two that strike any intrest to me.
Saying the anime selection there is "limited" is being generous.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
What's the consensus on Strike Witches season 1 and Shangri-La? My local HMV is having a buy one, get one 40% off sale on box sets and these are the only two that strike any intrest to me.

SW is trash, haven't seen Shangri La so I can't comment on that one.

Thoraxes

If you like cute girls that don't wear pants with yuri and some gun action while they fly through the air using their magic powers that give them animal ears and tails, then SW is for you.
I liked it.

Maedhros

It wasn't the second coming of Jesus, it was God himself.

Nope, it wasn't. It was nice, but not as good as many other shows I've seen in my life. Overall, Hyouka is boring as fuck and have a shitty female MC (Chitanda). At least until now, I don't understand her purpose other than being extremely curious, to the point of being annoying.

Stoof

Have you seen Space Brothers? It started in spring but it's still going and it's definitely worth checking out!

And I second the Psycho-Pass recommendation.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
If you like cute girls that don't wear pants with yuri and some gun action while they fly through the air using their magic powers that give them animal ears and tails, then SW is for you.
I liked it.

None of those have any bearing on whether SW is actually good, though. I guess the best compliment I could give the series is that it isn't as bad as Saki, which bears many similarities. Even so, there's really no reason to waste time on it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I'd recommend Psycho-Pass and Space Brothers, which is from a couple of seasons ago but is still airing.

Edit: Oh, yeah, as duckroll mentioned below, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is pretty good too.

duckroll

My Little Monster (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun) is pretty solid! Highlyrecommended. I dunno if you'll like Girls und Panzer, but I'm really enjoying that too.

Taruranto

Nope, it wasn't. It was nice, but not as good as many other shows I've seen in my life. Overall, Hyouka is boring as fuck and have a shitty female MC (Chitanda). At least until now, I don't understand her purpose other than being extremely curious, to the point of being annoying.

I've been saying this for ages. :(

At least until now, I don't understand her purpose other than being extremely curious, to the point of being annoying.

because she's so cute omg unlike real girls who are mean she's nice and acts like a 10 years old so she''ll always love me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom