• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpmurphy

I don't find it all that absurd, but if you didn't like it then, you probably wouldn't like it at all.
The start with the little girl believing that the random stranger talking to her had some kind of love interest in her didn't jive with me or offer a good delivery of humor. I don't find the idea of "naive kids creating comical predicaments for their adult teachers" unlikable or anything like that, but if the MC (the teacher, I suppose in this case) is boring and predictable as much as he is introduced to be, that kind of kills the point of that premise.

Hanamaru Youchien 3
uqDtz.png

This episode was all about boobs, and the girl they're attached to. Also some :sdburton
Man someone should take away Anzu away from her parents, specifically her mom. She's a bad influence.
4pl6b.jpg

She's probably the most normal kid in this school...

Magi 3

Thank god this dungeon arc is over. Took forever.

But seriously, fuck this pacing. Shit has absolutely no weight at this point. I'm almost considering just waiting for Balbadd to start before watching any more. Goddamit

The start with the little girl believing that the random stranger talking to her had some kind of love interest in her didn't jive with me or offer a good delivery of humor. I don't find the idea of "naive kids creating comical predicaments for their adult teachers" unlikable or anything like that, but if the MC (the teacher, I suppose in this case) is boring and predictable as much as he is introduced to be, that kind of kills the point of that premise.
Yeah, you're not going to like it.
Yeah, it was rather positively received here from what I remember.

But like everyone gave it an 8, and with how widely different rating systems people have, I just find it odd.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Yellow subs were a technical anachorism that have no place in today's world! (Except for nostalgia.)

If it's contrast, there are other possible choices that aren't so blaringly obvious. Though perhaps it's only my own preference to have subs that are non-obnoxious during viewing...

Risette

A Good Citizen
Yellow subs were a technical anachorism that have no place in today's world. (Except for nostalgia.)

If it's contrast, there are other possible choices that aren't so blaringly obvious. Though perhaps it's only my own preference to have subs that are non-obnoxious during viewing...
Unofficial subtitles are far, far, far, far more obnoxious on average than yellow subs. I can get over yellow subs.

OceanBlue

Looks like everyone likes white subs, lol. I personally don't really like either, since white subs are too bright and yellow just stands out.

Yellow subs were a technical anachorism that have no place in today's world. (Except for nostalgia.)

Weren't the subs yellow due to some technical limitation with older TVs? I feel like I remember hearing that it had to do with what TVs could output or something. I don't remember for sure though.

I'm young, as I guess most of you can tell from this post.

icecream

Public Health Threat
It was also a limitation of the time-code machines at the time as well.

Unofficial subtitles are far, far, far, far more obnoxious on average than yellow subs. I can get over yellow subs.

Well, if you're lamenting over the horrible typesetting choices of fansubs... that's a separate dicsussion in of itself.

But in terms of retail releases nowadays, yellow subs are less than preferred.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 094

Reinhard offering Mittermeyer an opportunity to disobey his orders was a very cruel thing to do. Mittermeyer simply has no real option, as stepping down from the front lines against Reuenthal would have meant voices of disappointment from the other admirals back in Phezzan and rumours of his betrayal to the Empire--or worse, in the case that Reuenthal actually kills the Kaiser in battle. And of course, all the high stress he's feeling at the moment is vented against Lang, who finally had it coming. Kessler's decicion to uphold the the Kaiser's law goes back to what I commented in my previous post that punishment has to be reserved for provable crimes. Thankfully, it seems they can finally get at him for Silverberche's death. I for one cannot wait to see that fatso's head on a stake.

God damn the Kaiser has incredible accuracy. I told you not to underestimate
the Imperial Cock
. Poor Mittermeyer simply has it rough in comparison. :(

Ultimadrago

Magi 3

Well, that wasn't quite as fun nor adventurous as I'd hoped.

The animation still works as does the background work
(though they are largely occupying a single room for the entirety of this episode.
I still can't say I find the main characters interesting, but I'm open to seeing where the next episode takes them.

OceanBlue

All of these impressions about Magi 3 worry me. I thought it might've been because I read the manga that the third episode wasn't so strong, but apparently it wasn't that amazing in general...

Well, I hope it picks up in the next arc. Or at least some time before Balbadd.

CØDE:BREAKER 03

Poor puppy.

OGAMI OGAMI OGAMI OGAMI OGAMI OGAMI OGAMI OGAMI OGAMI OGAMI OGAMI

Dear lord, shut up. The female lead is getting to the point where she's worse than Isanami from Brave 10. They both can't shut up about the main guy's name but while Isanami is helpless and doesn't butt in into literally everything, this girl can't help but input her justice opinion into whatever situation, magic powers be damned. Nothing's worse than a character who talks big but has literally zero skills to back it up. Hell, even Usopp is better, at least he can shoot stuff.

Also, there was some :sdburton.

fertygo

All of these impressions about Magi 3 worry me. I thought it might've been because I read the manga that the third episode wasn't so strong, but apparently it wasn't that amazing in general...

Well, I hope it picks up in the next arc. Or at least some time before Balbadd.

Well at least until the very next arc, they will still using this pace. Fast pacing not fit for Magi at all, its need in slower pace like HxH.

@Above CB Impression.
But she's what make the show entertaining (read: very funny)

icecream

Public Health Threat
Personally I prefer it when a young female Japanese transfer student whispers the translations to me in my ear.
Having tried doing that once for a friend at AX, it was very hard to keep up in real time and eventually just ended with leaving them behind and giving him a summary of the episode afterwards.

Can't even imagine how such things work at the UN or something...

But don't worry, your Japanese transfer student will have no problems!

Having tried doing that once for a friend at AX, it was very hard to keep up in real time and eventually just ended with leaving them behind and giving him a summary of the episode afterwards.

Can't even imagine how such things work at the UN or something...

But don't worry, your Japanese transfer student will have no problems!
especially if she breathes heavily between each phrase.

Jex

[Code:Breaker] - 3

OGAMI OGAMI OGAMI OGAMI OGAMI

This episode certainly followed the tried and true Code:Breaker formula of wacky school hyjinx/romantic misunderstandings followed by brutal fucking murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom