• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magi 5

Didn't expect to see big ass titties with pierced nipples in this anime.

I don't dislike this show.

Show went all dynasty warriors for some reason... are the baddies all so.. 1 dimensional in this show though?

Mandoric

Banned
And next week, we get

ZxNMu.jpg

It's going to be amazing!

INTERPOO

Uchip

Banned
nah the cg for the new initial D isnt worse
theyre at least using moving cameras well now, and its blended better
still looks like ass, but its not going backwards

Infinite Ryvius 17

Dang,
Juli is really falling apart. I wonder if she'll be able to last through the upcoming battle. Also, I am amused at how frank Faina is. "I know you've got feelings for Kouji; don't try to hide it. Too bad you'll never realize them, cause he's coming with me now!" So harsh.

The character art looked even more unattractive than usual, sadly.

Articalys

This is really only of interest to the four or five of us that watched the show, but it looks like they've published the results from the official Phi Brain character poll. As expected, Kaito is first place by over double the votes of second place Rook, with Freecell, Nonoha, and Jikugawa rounding out the top five, and Pinochle, Gammon, Mueller, Ana, and Elena in the second half of the top ten. Full results at the above link.

Oh, they also made a special wallpaper for the winner, illustrated by character designer Youhei Sasaki.

This is really only of interest to the four or five of us that watched the show, but it looks like they've published the results from the official Phi Brain character poll. As expected, Kaito is first place by over double the votes of second place Rook, with Freecell, Nonoha, and Jikugawa rounding out the top five, and Pinochle, Gammon, Mueller, Ana, and Elena in the second half of the top ten. Full results at the above link.

Oh, they also made a special wallpaper for the winner, illustrated by character designer Youhei Sasaki.

The top three is similar to what Id have for it, Kaito FTW and then ROOK! Nonoha wouldnt be there though, surprised Gammon is that low :/

I hope Sentai has it for February, growing impatient!

One Piece 218 - 229
tumblr_maxee0fH0o1rhb45eo4_500.gif

So glad to the end of the Foxy Pirates arc and then that dull memory loss filler arc, was painful. Anyway, moving on Aokiji sounded nothing like I expected though oddly fitting in english. Even more seeing the whole event animated was far better than the manga. It seemed more intense and pressing though oddly more lively thanks to the VA chosen for Aokiji.

This seemed to signify to me that One Piece will definitely be firing on all cylinders now and probably not letting anything go, staying at some high pace, filled with the goodness that gives me the same sense of action and adventure that Alabasta prided itself on and that Skypeia forgot. I hope Water 7 is done real well and I already started getting somewhat into the emotions just by all the tiny hints and stuff of one of the most memorable events in the manga for me and probably the only other major event from this arc that I remember from when I read it three years ago, I think.
so many hints towards the Going Merry condition from the crew, shes all broken and stuff and will get repaired but you know, and then the Ussop Luffy thing

Water 7 looks so colorful, large, and well, filled with more water than I imagine. Rather one of the more creative places in the universe.

Is he still alive? I honestly don't remember. Don't think kirito hanged out with him irl lol.
Klein is still waiting for his pizza ginger ale !!

Seriously ? he is working and still looking for a girlfriend..

Now go watch HeartCatch, it's practically guaranteed to make you feel better.
Less blushing but more funny and much better fights ...

Yeah, welcome to the uneven episode quality that plagues all Precure series. You get amazing episodes, you get boring episodes that only exist to preach to kids about NEVER GIVING UP and DOING YOUR BEST, you get episodes that would be okay but are 100% recycled from episodes of previous series. If there's one constant about modern Toei, it's that its shows vascillate between inspired and completely phoned in from episode to episode with little rhyme or reason to it.

One thing about Suite is that it's actually probably the worst of the modern Precure series in how it handles its characters.
Ellen's conflict over her past evaporates way too quickly, Ako is introduced as a main too late to get any quality characterization, and the theme of "conflict" between Hibiki and Kanade peters out halfway through instead of exploring progressively more fundamental forms of division between the two like I felt it should have
. I'll give Suite that it's more ambitious than most other Precure series in what it tries to do with its characters, but it just couldn't muster the creativity or good writing to take any of this stuff to a satisfying conclusion.
I agree 300% i was bored on multiples occasions because they didn't exploit their characters enough
Knew you'd like it! You're probably the only person here who can actually claim to actively look forward to seeing transformations each week, so........congrats, lol.

And if we must do rankings:

Hibiki > Waon > Ellen > Kanade > Ako
Waon is cool but ellen is just better ..this show when you take into account what she did during the entire series.

There was a preview airing of the first episode of Initial D Fifth Stage on Animax earlier today.

Hence, the Initial D Fifth Stage OP.
Good opening ..but noisy tribe music is still the best .

kaito + rook + freecell + nonoha + jikugawa+ gammon..
Those must be active in the next season .... i won't accept half assed puzzles !!!
Bring ana Too for the lolz !!

CØDE:BREAKER 05

There wasn't enough ØGAMI in this episode. Nor fabulous tea time.

I guess I can see why that happened. I'm not watching the show for the plot anymore so I really shouldn't give too much thought about it.

yami4ct

Looking at my schedule I realized if I didn't do it this week, I would never do it. So without further ado, I present.....

School Days 01-02

Oh dear god, where do I even begin? Let's start with the art. I think it's terrible. Backgrounds are static and boring. Character designs are even worse. Itoh looks like he's wearing clothes 3 sizes too big. No one's face ever shows any real emotion. Also, the eyes. Holy hell, the eyes. Why does everyone have thick, black lines under their eyes that make them look like they're suffering from chronic insomnia.

That's not the worst part of the characters, oh no, not by a long shot. They're personalities are some of the most obnoxious, erratic, strange things I've seen in anime. It seems like everyone is behaving opposite of their own personal interests, especially Sekai. Why the hell is getting herself involved in any of this? Main character is unlikeable and real creepy. Super stalker type. Katsura is annoyingly witless and personality-less. It's like they took the airhead love interest to the most extreme extent possible. Background characters are non existent. Kiyoura particularly bothers me, though. She's so freaking creepy. I expect her to just snap at any moment and murder the entire school. Honestly, best possible outcome right there.

That doesn't even begin to address the writing. Holy crap. Let's start with the premise that begins the show. A person who you secretly take a creeper photo of and keep secret for 2 weeks will fall in love with you? That's the most stalkery stalker thing I've seen presented on a show like this. And the characters don't even act like it's at all weird. Dialogue is awful. Characters just expound their feelings out in the open for zero reason. Character motivations are either non-existant or poorly presented. Plot is glacially slow. Cliches are abused as much as possible. Whoever wrote this script should be ashamed.

In conclusion, I hate it and hate you guys more for foisting it upon me

Expect me to write up 2 episodes a day for the rest of the week. Also expect more cursing. I don't think I'll be able to hold it back.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Looking at my schedule I realized if I didn't do it this week, I would never do it. So without further ado, I present.....

School Days 01-02

Oh dear god, where do I even begin? Let's start with the art. I think it's terrible. Backgrounds are static and boring. Character designs are even worse. Itoh looks like he's wearing clothes 3 sizes too big. No one's face ever shows any real emotion. Also, the eyes. Holy hell, the eyes. Why does everyone have thick, black lines under their eyes that make them look like they're suffering from chronic insomnia.

That's not the worst part of the characters, oh no, not by a long shot. They're personalities are some of the most obnoxious, erratic, strange things I've seen in anime. It seems like everyone is behaving opposite of their own personal interests, especially Sekai. Why the hell is getting herself involved in any of this? Main character is unlikeable and real creepy. Super stalker type. Katsura is annoyingly witless and personality-less. It's like they took the airhead love interest to the most extreme extent possible. Background characters are non existent. Kiyoura particularly bothers me, though. She's so freaking creepy. I expect her to just snap at any moment and murder the entire school. Honestly, best possible outcome right there.

That doesn't even begin to address the writing. Holy crap. Let's start with the premise that begins the show. A person who you secretly take a creeper photo of and keep secret for 2 weeks will fall in love with you? That's the most stalkery stalker thing I've seen presented on a show like this. And the characters don't even act like it's at all weird. Dialogue is awful. Characters just expound their feelings out in the open for zero reason. Character motivations are either non-existant or poorly presented. Plot is glacially slow. Cliches are abused as much as possible. Whoever wrote this script should be ashamed.

In conclusion, fuck this show. I hate it and hate you guys more for foisting it upon me

Expect me to write up 2 episodes a day for the rest of the week. Also expect more cursing. I don't think I'll be able to hold it back.

You know, you could have

A. Chosen to listen to the people who recommended that you avoid this show

B. Simply stop watching it

As it is, your apparent dislike rings hollow.

Jex

Lewd Art Online 18

I like watching them fly around and shit, more of that and less sister tits. Big battle coming next week, should be pretty boss if they do it right. Asuna +1 for not being quite so useless this week.

I don't think you understand the purpose of this arc.

yami4ct

You know, you could have

A. Chosen to listen to the people who recommended that you avoid this show

B. Simply stop watching it

As it is, your apparent dislike rings hollow.

I guess I'm sort of a masochist. I feel the need to watch terrible things on occasion. It's sort of fun to see just how terribly something can be executed. This show seems fit for a huge experiment on how something can go so horribly awry.

Also, not going to lie, there are certain aspects that intrigue me and I can't wait to see what insane depths they go to.

Gintama' 214

Ah, what an amazing arc. So stellar, the last episode of this arc brought it all. Great action, funny bits and a really, really touching ending.

It was also really nicely paced and really helped developed some of the supporting case. Hell, it also brought back some of the supporting cast!

I feel like I'm at a lost of words to say about this great arc.

yami4ct

On a more positive not, I have to say Hunter x Hunter and JoJo both are continuing to absolutely kill it. Both have a complete understanding of what makes their source material good and are able to completely execute on it. They are a joy to watch.

Jex

I'm interested in Gungrave. Heard it's pretty good. However, I still need to start Darker Than Black again (Why haven't I progressed? I'm a dumbass). Are the two similar enough so that I should just keep watching DTB and save Gungrave for a hiatus or when I'm done, or can I watch the two simultaneously?

I'd say you should avoid Gungrave entirely but I seem to be nearly alone in that opinion. If you insist on watching it make sure to skip the first episode entirely.

yami4ct

Litchi de Hikari Club 4-5

This is still fuckin dumb and its existence baffles me.

I don't know much about the series myself, but from what has been said about the original work and adaptation, it is a quite baffling thing. I'm not sure who pitched/approved something like that.

Jex

Code:Breaker 5

You see this bullshit right here? This is what I'm talking about! You give a nice
optimistic villain defeat speech to reform him
like any good shounen, then you disregard it to push your own fuckin capital punishment agenda! And how do you do it? By giving a bullshit reason that won't cure some kid's incredibly serious illness. It's on the same level as the end of Star Wars episode 3 (do I really need to spoiler this?)
where Panda Face apparently "dies of a broken heart".
Fuck that shit.
Code:Breaker is just a show that teaches you the truth of the world - pretty little speeches and remorse wont save you from the burning hand of justice.

yami4ct

I've been gone for a while, but is Blast of Tempest still remaining a pretty decent show? Watched the first couple episodes, got busy, and kind of fell behind. Want to know if I should pick it back up.

Jex

I've been gone for a while, but is Blast of Tempest still remaining a pretty decent show? Watched the first couple episodes, got busy, and kind of fell behind. Want to know if I should pick it back up.

So far it's been pretty good throughout.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
BTOOOM! 04
Damn, that was gruesome. Not sure I would be able to stand this without all the shadows and censoring. Last show I was grossed by like this was Mirai Nikki, and that fell more on the fantastical-horror side of things than this cartoon.

I think this is also the first time the word owned has been used in an appropriate way by a translation group. Go, go crunchyroll subbers!
Video games are bad. Not like animu, a superior art form for connoisseurs of good taste.

wonzo

Banned
Ixion Saga DT 5

Hah, this show sure does love its troll Flashbacks. This episode was definitely better than the last few and next episode certainly looks like it has potential. Kon's still an insufferable little shit and Marian's pretty much the best character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom