• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

I am deeply disappointed by the selection of anime on crunchyroll.

Compared to Netflix Canada and DVD/Blu-Ray prices, Crunchyroll is a god-send. It helps that I haven't seen virtually anything on there. The PS3 app is pretty convenient too
when it works, which is next to never

[Girls und Panzer] - 1

I remember reading some earlier discussions where people, and by people I mean firehawk12, where talking about Nazi imagery or whatever (apologies for not looking up your specific posts) but I don't really understand that complaint. I may have only seen one episode but haven't been any references to that at all, the tanks in question aren't even exclusively German! There weren't even references to any particular country or area in the episode, it was just wacky Japanese student council nonsense.

He also said he had problem with people reenacting the American Civil War.

Compared to Netflix Canada and DVD/Blu-Ray prices, Crunchyroll is a god-send. It helps that I haven't seen virtually anything on there. The PS3 app is pretty convenient too

On the ps3 it really doesn't have much titles to choose from.

cjkeats

On the ps3 it really doesn't have much titles to choose from.

They're all there for me...I think. I just add it to my queue and go from there, watch until it crashes/freezes/goes out of sync/set's my PS3 on fire, then switch over to my apple TV and airplay it from something. I haven't noticed anything missing from any of the apps.

Kagami

[Girls und Panzer] - 1

the show appears to be free from offensive fanservice shit.

While it saddens me personally, the second trailer for the series ended with this message from the director:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcv3fLTlD-k

EkshT.png

So I guess that's good news for some people.

Ultimadrago

JoJo - 05

F.U.C.K. Y.E.S.

And it only gets better. Wish I could forget all about the manga so I could experience this for the first time by watching the show.

Man, I feel like I'm doing myself a service and disservice by not reading the manga before watching this.

Malvingt2

Magi 5

While the last two episodes are an improvement over the first 3 it still wins hands down the prize of being the worst anime shounen adaptation ever(looks like crap) would of been better off being handled by studio Deen.

Magi deserves better then this.
I disagree, Samurai Deeper Kyo is way worst, Now the only bad episode of this adaptation is episode 2 by far. I knew about the changes before watching the anime adaptation so Episode 1 is good with the amazing ost behind it. I understands the anime team reasoning behind it. Episode 2 is straight garbage even with the ost still rocking.. Episode 3 is good, Episode 4 is the best so far because it feels Magi and episode 5 is right behind it. even with the small changes those episodes feel Magi like. I am enjoying the ride so far and the Hakuei anime only Djinn-Equip form was a nice touch..

/XX/

Well, Studio Ghibli's shithouse working conditions had to start somewhere!
Speak of the devil (in this case I'd find more apt to say in Spanish 'hablando de rey de Roma', but whatever)... Toho Co., Ltd. has registered very recently and simultaneously the domains 'KAZETACHINU.JP' (http://www.makko.biz/whois/whois.php?q=kazetachinu.jp) and 'KAGUYAHIME-MONOGATARI.JP' (http://www.makko.biz/whois/whois.php?q=kaguyahime-monogatari.jp), and it seems like this latest one as I speculated before (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29375731&postcount=119 and http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29376294&postcount=121) could definitely be called The Tale of Princess Kaguya.

I hope this really is a double feature presentation...
will be Mr. Takahata the one destined to cheer up the audience this time?

We live in a different country, not in a dystopian future!
The fascination for a 'Big Brother-type' surveillance some of your authorities seem to have makes me think you are destined to live in one! :p

The genre shift happened last season but nice try.
It keeps happening!

Can metafiction be considered a genre?

Again, what's the point of being critical of a show if you think everything is subjective and based on opinion? Wouldn't it be best to just not bother since your opinion is just different to others? Why bother voicing that disagreement?
You say that as if you can't put in common opinions, and see things in other light thanks to negative criticisms from others. It can even help you to value in different ways what you saw, because the opinion of every person could also change (even within a specific timeframe or personal situation), it isn't something immovable.

Congrats on being the first on my ignore list all of animeGAF.
I wasn't here then, and I like you... don't ignore me, please! Did you hear me? HEY!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Originally I was trying to knock it out in 2 days but things came up that prevented me from doing so. :(
Damn son.

He also said he had problem with people reenacting the American Civil War.
The people who choose to be on the Confederate side at least.
I wonder how many black people choose to be reenactors on that side of the Civil War anyway. :p

[Girls und Panzer] - 1
I remember reading some earlier discussions where people, and by people I mean firehawk12, where talking about Nazi imagery or whatever (apologies for not looking up your specific posts) but I don't really understand that complaint. I may have only seen one episode but haven't been any references to that at all, the tanks in question aren't even exclusively German! There weren't even references to any particular country or area in the episode, it was just wacky Japanese student council nonsense.
I suppose it depends on whether or not you think Harry cosplaying as a Nazi for Halloween is distasteful or not. Maybe only royalty is not allowed to go all Hugo Boss. :p

cajunator

Banned
Ga-Rei-Zero 1

...Whaaaaaaaaat.

heeheehee

Speak of the devil (in this case I find more apt saying in Spanish 'hablando de rey de Roma', but whatever)... Toho Co., Ltd. has registered very recently and simultaneously the domains 'KAZETACHINU.JP' (http://www.makko.biz/whois/whois.php?q=kazetachinu.jp) and 'KAGUYAHIME-MONOGATARI.JP' (http://www.makko.biz/whois/whois.php?q=kaguyahime-monogatari.jp), and seems like this latest one as I speculated before (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29375731&postcount=119 and http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29376294&postcount=121) could definitely be called The Tale of Princess Kaguya. I hope it really is a double feature presentation...
will be Mr. Takahata the one destined to cheer up the audience this time?

The fascination for 'Big Brother'-type surveillance some of your authorities seem to have makes me think you are destined to live in one!

It keeps happening!

Can metafiction be considered a genre?

You say that as if you can't put in common opinions, and see things in other light, thanks to negative criticism. It can even help you to value in different ways what you saw, because everyone's opinions can also change (even within a specific timeframe or personal situation).

I wasn't here then, and I like you... don't ignore me, please! You hear me? HEY!

I honestly don't think you're on anyones ignore list.
You're kind of awesome.
I'm likely on several. *shrugs.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Smile Precure - 01

AWESOME first episode! Miyuki certainly is an energetic character, her happy go lucky attitude along with her overreactions made her and this episode so fun to watch. And is that Chopper's VA for Candy? Hype!

You know what I really like though? The fucking boyshorts/hotpants that all the Precures wear. It's about damn time they got some love! :D

We got a brief introduction to Akane and Nao along with the other girls. Can't wait to pull this anchor up and start shipping! Oh, and one more thing.

FwYZX.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've had the Smile Precure OP stuck in my head all day.

Only SP related thing i've watched is that Kaiji X SP MAD.

/XX/

I honestly don't think you're on anyones ignore list.
You're kind of awesome.
I'm likely on several. *shrugs.
Thanks! You sure aren't on mine, cajunator (in fact I don't have anyone on ignore)... you are The Joy of this place, and lighten up the mood with your presence and easygoing nature, man!

cajunator

Banned
Smile Precure - 01

AWESOME first episode! Miyuki certainly is an energetic character, her happy go lucky attitude along with her overreactions made her and this episode so fun to watch. And is that Chopper's VA for Candy? Hype!

You know what I really like though? The fucking boyshorts/hotpants that all the Precures wear. It's about damn time they got some love! :D

We got a brief introduction to Akane and Nao along with the other girls. Can't wait to pull this anchor up and start shipping! Oh, and one more thing.

FwYZX.png

Dude, Yayoi is going to KILL YOU.
I would recommend being very careful around that particular moenuke. good lord.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Smile Precure - 01

FwYZX.png

Congrats on starting the best PreCure. I need to catch up myself. And yes Yayoi is by far the best.

the music? really?

Yeah the Magi songs are as good as Bleach's music (a few really unique in Magi). Only five episodes in and I already have some favorites.

Crunchyroll selection is just as good as Hulu+ selection. Netflix selection is terrible (well basically because it takes so long for stuff to be added, small selection, and its really just dominated by Sentai stuff).

Not to mention because of a certain error on Netflix, I ended up not seeing the key moment in the first ten or so TTGL episodes and saw it out of order thus spoiling the impact of that moment because they had the episodes misnumbered.

Jex

I suppose it depends on whether or not you think Harry cosplaying as a Nazi for Halloween is distasteful or not. Maybe only royalty is not allowed to go all Hugo Boss. :p
I haven't seen any cosplay yet but perhaps I'm missing something.

/XX/

Sometimes, there are moments when I sit and realize... I just jerked off to something that another guy made, for me to jerk off to...
Search for female authors only then!

An old man and his love for Anime and Hiking Arizona...

and the crippling arthritis which has pretty much stopped him from doing these video's ;_;
Poor guy! He still gonna carry that weight...

They actually played tennis!
They played (a bit) on the first episode!

Has anyone heard anything about Gothicmade? Any impressions posted somewhere in Japanese or something?
A little translated nugget:

iamdreamers ·【公開初日】花の詩女~ゴティックメード【感想】 - Togetter said:
評判は両極端ですね。簡単にまとめると
・FSS知ってる人は必見
・FSS知らない人は「なんのこっちゃ」
http://togetter.com/li/400167

http://boards.4chan.org/m/res/8402039 said:
>People either love it or hate it, don't they. To put it simply:
>It's a must watch for those familiar with FSS.
>Those unfamiliar with FSS will be all "What the fuck am I watching?"

Coming from that old fan... sounds good to me!

Jex

[Girls und Panzer] - 2

Still girls riding tanks. Still good. It's about as close are we're going to get how a real robot show operates as well!

Well it looks like I'll have to retract my earlier statements. This episode features fanservice by having a girl in her underwear wash a tank. I guess there is pointless fanservice in this show. I guess it's kind of laughed off because this show is a rather silly comedy in many places. For example, how else would this work:

gup2a.png
gup2b.png

There isn't really a safe way to have real tanks shoot each other with real rounds. After all tanks are tools of war designed to kill other people, and other tanks. If Tankery was a real sport it would be a blood bath. As this show is a wacky comedy that doesn't apply, of course.

Oh yeah, there is someone dressed up in a German uniform, one of the girls is wearing a tank commanders outfit. That's not particularly offensive as it doesn't really make her a Nazi or anything, unless we want to conflate German soldiers/officers with Nazis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom