• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Smile Precure - 04

Yes!!!!! Another sports-type! :D

Nao was so awesome when she butted in and told those upperclassmen what's what. From what I'm seeing she's cool, reliable, and caring. The perfect prince!

Her ability to cook gives her some bottom points, but I must wait until I see her interactions with Akane before I give out positions in the relationship.

Nao-sama suteki~<3!

Nao is a cutie too.
I would totally love to meet the character designer for Smile Precure and buy him a drink. Or maybe a whole keg.

cajunator

Banned
Space Bros 30

Amazing.
This show is magical.
I think the previous ED would have worked better at the end of this episode. It would have been absolutely perfect I think.
Also, one little mistake with the episode. It showed bad weather over Houston, when the rocket and any spacebound craft takes off from the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral in Florida.

Toshie Kawamura, the character designer for Smile PreCure!, is female.

Meant to type "them" because I wasn't sure. But oh well. Id buy HER a drink too.

Metrotab

Banned
Kimikiss - 6

It is scary how good this show combines several different romantic arcs, each with their own nuances, yet feels like one whole narrative. The SoL-encadrement is done remarkably well.

wonzo

Banned
Lychee Light Club 6
litchide6.jpg

I still don't see what this has to do with the original work.

Stoof

Ga-Rei-Zero 2

This show is crazy, I don't know exactly what is going on but I'm intrigued at least. I'm guessing there will be some sort of flashback episode to explain everything.

I think the previous ED would have worked better at the end of this episode. It would have been absolutely perfect I think.

That would have been great since it was a rocket flying through space for most of the ED!

Magi 05

I rate this a 8.5/10.

Ok, I liked this episode. The moment it went all musou was the moment my interest piped up. I could easily see myself liking this just for the action and the wide variety of weapons that could possibly be used. Funky costumes and toss in elemental powers and you got a fan.

School Days 03-05

This is a show made by insane people. Or trolls.......Or insane trolls. It's actually starting to become sort of fascinating. It's clear that no one's coming out of this happy. Kind of surprising given the type of show it initially appeared to be. It's by no means any good, but it's still interesting.
Just embrace it, yami4ct.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ICE

FrGvy.jpg

Yes, all those dancers are the same and they animate exactly the same all at the same time.

So Hito told me to watch it and so I did. This was in response to me saying we need a truly awful anime to recommend. If this was meant to leave me with my knickers in a twist then it truly failed. I can only describe it as mundane and non-sensical.

Very briefly (because I'm not a big fan of just iterating what happened) the plot is this:

Men are dead so humanity is on its way to destruction because women can't get preggas without men. Also yuri is on the rise (Don't bother SDBurton. It's not worth your time).

Apparently man was evil and science killed them off and so women are split on whether to just live out their days or continue the work of evil men. The science left by man is ICE, a method to make women pregnant by encasing them in an icy looking shell. By hey, lets make it overly complicated by having a wacky self defence mechanism that kills everyone in the room if you just look at the ice funny. The smallest crack in the ice and it turns into a blue laser firing monster! Oh those men were such bastards. Apparently we can't make babies but we can make huge googly eye monsters!

Blah blah blah so obviously all that science back fires and a MASSIVE MONSTER is summoned by evil man science. But the hero saves the day through self sacrifice. RIP hero. Never forget. Cue camera pan up.

And while everything was rather predictable and straight forward up to that point they decide to go cooky with the ending because that's what everyone wants from their shows! Watching a bit too much Big O have we?

So the plot is nothing to write home about so lets discuss other things. The OVA is from 2007 but looks like it was made in the 80s. The animation is terrible. Mouth moves before people talk. Sometimes they don't even move. It's like a bad parody of japanimation. Oh and all the generic characters look the same. Literally the same. Same face, same hair, same voice same everything. Why are they so concerned about the decline of humanity when they clearly have cloning technology up to scratch.

Oh and the voices and songs are from AKB48. That would explain some of the crappy voice work then. Question? Are AKB48 a yuri idol group or is this another form of pandering? We've also redefined the friend zone. Men really were holding us back those scandals.

If you want to watch a show about the decline of humanity watch Humanity Has Declined. If you want to watch an AKB48 show watch AKB0048. This show is just blah.

P.S. Men are evil.

P.P.S. Well at least another suicide gif came out of this.

Stoof

Ga-Rei-Zero 3

Well I guess I get my flashback episode! It was very cute and
makes me wonder what happened to Yomi to turn her bad. There was also a picture of the white haired kid, whoever he is.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 4

~ Power! I want power. The power to get my sister back... ~

This episode focused on Reinhard and Kircheis' friendship, through a long flashback to their youths when they first met. Several interesting aspects arise. Immediately, their core dynamic is present: Reinhard is the well-principled but brash leader, Kircheis the supportive and coolheaded friend with good advice. Together they decide to join the army and get the power they need to get Reinhard's sister back. Reinhard's love for his sister is outspoken and very clear, but I could see slight glinces of some romantic aspirations on Kircheis' part. These are never stated explicit, so that's just a guess on my part. Next episode is going to be very interesting, as Kircheis, my favorite character right now, will lead his own battle.

Que anda wey!
Welcome to WesternComicGAF.
FTFY
Alright Anime-GAF, I'm agitated, stressed, and exhausted. Lay some happy anime recommendations on me.
Rinne no Lagrange? It's a bit unconventional, and some people will whine that it's shit, but it's one of the most fun/happy shows I've seen. Maru!

Narag

Galactic Cyclone Bryger 30-31

Two parter time! Huh, J9 said they weren't hired killers and wouldn't take assassination jobs yet here we are in Hong Kong out to murder the leaders of one of Earth's four three great Connections. Dat continuinty.

It's a shame the kid sidekicks finally did something kid sidekick-worthy this ep by getting themselves kidnapped. Alas I suppose it can't be helped. J9 has to sorta abort the job to save the sidekicks so their targets get away. However, one of the accomplices on their mission gets killed so J9 being such bosses that they are decide to complete the mission in honor the fallen. So not only do they kill the three leaders of this criminal group (by dressing up as little girls no less) they then take their super robot and blow up the entire fucking asteroid that group was based on.

Of course one less Connection this benefits the Nubia Connection and Khamen Khamen who closed out yet another episode with a fucking awesome scene.

s4rh1l.png

Visible panties on a child. Thank god this practice died out in the early 80s and was never seen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom