• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Umm...
I didn't think that he raped her. I remember raging after that episode that I thought that a relationship between them would be the shows tool to have Makoto weasel out of his two-timing scumbag ways. Are you sure there was rape involved?
It's definitely rape in the game. It's been a while since I've seen that episode so I can't really remember just how rapey that was.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Umm...
I didn't think that he raped her. I remember raging after that episode that I thought that a relationship between them would be the shows tool to have Makoto weasel out of his two-timing scumbag ways. Are you sure there was rape involved?

Yes.

Either at the end of episode 9 or during a flashback of 10 you see Kotonoha walk out of a room and watch Makoto and Sekai dance at the bonfire from a distance, the camera moves from the ground up revealing a white puddle behind her. Unless they did some stealth edit later to remove the scene, it's fairly evident that she was raped.

Horizon In The Middle of Nowhere 1 - 3 (dubwatch)

Actually my fifth time rewatching episode 1. Dub is alright, however it sounds like they gave Neshinbara a female voice :/ I like that they still kept Judge for characters responses and overall pleased with most characters.

Ending animation in episode one actually has quite a few scenes from season 2...

Syrinx

It's definitely rape in the game. It's been a while since I've seen that episode so I can't really remember just how rapey that was.

Didn't play the game. If this is what that was, then maybe I'll have to reevaluate my thoughts on the series. They largely won't change, but
if he did rape her, then that probably would go a long way to help explain how she went insane.

Edit: Hmmm. Didn't notice that, SDBurton. I always miss stuff like that. Well, that helps fit another piece of the puzzle into place.

Umm...

It was definitely rape in the game. They didn't make it so obvious in the anime but he was clearly taking advantage of a confused and traumatized girl.

Thoraxes

Yes.

Either at the end of episode 9 or during a flashback of 10 you see Kotonoha walk out of a room and watch Makoto and Sekai dance at the bonfire from a distance, the camera moves from the ground up revealing a white puddle behind her. Unless they did some stealth edit later to remove the scene, it's fairly evident that she was raped.

In the game (so game spoilers):
He pulls her into the room and starts raping her, when Makoto and Hikari stumble upon the outside of the room. Instead of going in to help her, they start fingering/jacking each other, and then they fuck outside the room to Kotonoha getting raped.

The scene ends with them leaving as she's getting raped while leaving a puddle of semen and lady juices outside the door where they got off to her rape.

SDBurton

I swear if I have to go back and re-watch this crud to take a screenshot of the scene I'll slap you all with every fiber of my being. :(

He pulls her into the room and starts raping her, when Makoto and Hikari stumble upon the outside of the room. Instead of going in to help her, they start fingering/jacking each other, and then they fuck outside the room to Kotonoha getting raped.

The scene ends with them leaving as she's getting raped while leaving a puddle of semen and lady juices outside the door where they got off to her rape.

Yeah I played the game. And Shiny Days. And Cross Days. :lol

Syrinx

What the fuuuuckkkkkkkkkkck is with School Days? Damn, you guys spared me by having me watch the anime instead of... this.

Thoraxes

I swear if I have to go back and re-watch this crud to take a screenshot of the scene I'll slap you all with every fiber of my being. :(

Yeah I played the game. And Shiny Days. And Cross Days. :lol

Isn't Summer Days the one with the
Imouto Rape, Milfs, and Milf-daughter threesomes?

It's been a while...

wonzo

Banned
What the fuuuuckkkkkkkkkkck is with School Days? Damn, you guys spared me by having me watch the anime instead of... this.
Don't worry, give it time and you'll eventually move onto the silly spin-off OVA's and then the game! Shit's like an RPG.

yami4ct

Most of the way through episode 11. Just have to post an immediate reaction.
She's preggers?!?! Oh dear god, this could not get worse. I thought this show wouldn't break me, but it may just have. What the fuck?
More to come in like 15 minutes.

Syrinx

Don't worry, give it time and you'll eventually move onto the silly spin-off OVA's and then the game! Shit's like an RPG.

No. Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope noooooooooopppeeeeeee.

Even though I have seen some pretty weird, bizarre, fucked up things, I do have some boundaries I don't want to cross. I don't want to go for incest
though YuruYuri brought that shit in after it was too late for me to bail out, also there was never actual sex.
Bottom biting bugs is another.
Fingering each other and then fucking to the sounds of the guy's girlfriend being raped
is soooooooo far over that boundary that I can barely see it. If my line was the international date line (live in EST), then that would be... the sun.

jman2050

Another person is enlightened in the ways of 0verflow.

Most of the way through episode 11. Just have to post an immediate reaction.
She's preggers?!?! Oh dear god, this could not get worse. I thought this show wouldn't break me, but it may just have. What the fuck?
More to come in like 15 minutes.

I think I've used up every reaction gif I have for these types of reactions, I need a new one.

SDBurton

To be fair,
blood
is just as damning a piece of evidence in this particular context.

Oh no doubt but it's the fact that everyone MISSED IT in the first place is what's the problem. :lol

I seriously thought I was going crazy because no one else caught it.

yami4ct

Okay I gotta bring this up because I never see it mentioned when people do impressions around this area:
Wasn't it around episode 8-9 that the bonfire dance took place, which was also the time that Kotonoha was raped by Makoto's friend Taisuke?

Just checked:
It is. Do people avoid this little tidbit on purpose or what? I thought that was a fairly important scene that caused her to enter her fucked up state. That was a definite "Oh shit" factor in my book, so seeing every person as of late skipping over this somewhat important detail just kinda shocks me.

I didn't mention it because at the end of episode 9, it wasn't quite clear what had happened. You see a red bow fall to the ground and that's it. In episode 10, it became much more clear that
if he didn't out and out rape her, it was at least sexual assault. At the very least he stripped and groped her. The fact he didn't know what he did was wrong the next day
made it even more messed up. Ok, now onto

School Days 10-11

Oh dear lord, what has happened. If 8-9 were mostly filler, these were mostly content. Terrible, miserable, detestable content. This is not what I expected the show to become. In 10 we see
Mokoto sleep with the rest of the girls in the school
. This makes little sense to me. I mean, he's such an ass. Why does he garner such attention. We also see
Katsura has had a mental breakdown. A horrible, frightening breakdown
11 caps it all off with the horrible revelation that I posted earlier. What. The. Fuck. I mean, I guess I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, but it was still a shock.

Now it's on to the final. I don't know I can do it guys. Please support me coming out the other side.

jman2050

Oh no doubt but it's the fact that everyone MISSED IT in the first place is what's the problem. :lol

I seriously thought I was going crazy because no one else caught it.

I dunno, it seemed pretty obvious to me what had happened and I figured that it was just assumed as a matter of course. I didn't think people would interpret that scene differently (seriously though, how could you?)

SDBurton

I dunno, it seemed pretty obvious to me what had happened that it was just assumed as a matter of course. I didn't think people would interpret that scene differently (seriously though, how could you?)

I thought they would at least make a mention of it in their impressions. That's what got me. I mean, if I was in their place that would probably be one of the first things I'd bring out because it was simply so shocking and just another example of how far downhill this ugly road was going.

As you can see from other people's posts they had no clue that actually went down. At the very least their holy shit meter just went up another level.

Anyway kudos to you for catching it!

wonzo

Banned
No. Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope noooooooooopppeeeeeee.

Even though I have seen some pretty weird, bizarre, fucked up things, I do have some boundaries I don't want to cross. I don't want to go for incest
though YuruYuri brought that shit in after it was too late for me to bail out, also there was never actual sex.
Bottom biting bugs is another.
Fingering each other and then fucking to the sounds of the guy's girlfriend being raped
is soooooooo far over that boundary that I can barely see it. If my line was the international date line (live in EST), then that would be... the sun.
http://schooldays.us/ (screenshot section's nsfw)

You can't run away from the truth forever~

akunohana10.png

Thank fucking god someone was smart enough to screenshot it.

So apparently they did do a stealth edit in the DVD version of School Days.

What most of you probably saw, if even at all: http://i.imgur.com/224V8.png

What we saw when it first aired: http://i.imgur.com/DkVfE.png

Now line up and receive your punishment.
The
blood
works much better tbqh.

K 5

Skater douche vs crazy glasses dude had some really good choreography. And it's nice to see the former actually get what he deserves.

I want to speculate about stuff, but I honestly don't know where to begin. Shiro and his presence at the school seems to be a mystery.

Okay I gotta bring this up because I never see it mentioned when people do impressions around this area:
Wasn't it around episode 8-9 that the bonfire dance took place, which was also the time that Kotonoha was raped by Makoto's friend Taisuke?

Just checked:
It is. Do people avoid this little tidbit on purpose or what? I thought that was a fairly important scene that caused her to enter her fucked up state. That was a definite "Oh shit" factor in my book, so seeing every person as of late skipping over this somewhat important detail just kinda shocks me.
Speaking strictly about the show and not the game which I know handles this part very differently: it was obvious that
they fucked
, but it wasn't obvious that
Taisuke raped her. It seemed more like she just let it happen and Taisuke was too clueless to realize how terribly wrong the whole thing was.

Articalys

Apparently, Miyazaki is so busy working that he couldn't even make it to the Person of Cultural Merit award ceremony, where he's one of 15 honorees.
Studio Ghibli founder and anime director Hayao Miyazaki missed the Monday award ceremony where he was scheduled to receive the Person of Cultural Merit honor. He also did not attend a Monday afternoon tea with Emperor Akihito, Empress Michiko, Prince Akishino, and Princess Akishino. When Ghibli producer Toshio Suzuki appeared on behalf of Miyazaki at an airplane unveiling last month, he explained that the director is deep in production of a film "with lots of airplanes."

The film distributor TOHO registered the domain name kazetachinu.jp last week. Studio Ghibli co-founder and director Hayao Miyazaki launched a two-part manga mini-series called "Kaze Tachinu" (The Wind Rises) in February 2009 that focuses on the designer of the Mitsubishi A6M Zero, Japan's famed fighter plane of World War II.

jman2050

Speaking strictly about the show and not the game which I know handles this part very differently: it was obvious that
they fucked
Taisuke raped her. It seemed more like she just let it happen and Taisuke was too clueless to realize how terribly wrong the whole thing was.

Oh no, please tell me this isn't leading to a
What is rape really?
discussion.

yami4ct

School Days 12: END

Orson_Welles_Citizen_Kane_clapping_.gif

Oh man, no way it could have ended better. As horrible as it was going, the only choice was for them to take it all the way. After all that, I feel a little more mentally disturbed. That series is messed up in ways I did not expect. For as awful as the beginning was, that's what made the end pay off more.

Mature

ICE

So Hito told me to watch it and so I did. This was in response to me saying we need a truly awful anime to recommend. If this was meant to leave me with my knickers in a twist then it truly failed. I can only describe it as mundane and non-sensical.

Very briefly (because I'm not a big fan of just iterating what happened) the plot is this:

Men are dead so humanity is on its way to destruction because women can't get preggas without men. Also yuri is on the rise (Don't bother SDBurton. It's not worth your time).

Apparently man was evil and science killed them off and so women are split on whether to just live out their days or continue the work of evil men. The science left by man is ICE, a method to make women pregnant by encasing them in an icy looking shell. By hey, lets make it overly complicated by having a wacky self defence mechanism that kills everyone in the room if you just look at the ice funny. The smallest crack in the ice and it turns into a blue laser firing monster! Oh those men were such bastards. Apparently we can't make babies but we can make huge googly eye monsters!

Blah blah blah so obviously all that science back fires and a MASSIVE MONSTER is summoned by evil man science. But the hero saves the day through self sacrifice. RIP hero. Never forget. Cue camera pan up.

And while everything was rather predictable and straight forward up to that point they decide to go cooky with the ending because that's what everyone wants from their shows! Watching a bit too much Big O have we?

So the plot is nothing to write home about so lets discuss other things. The OVA is from 2007 but looks like it was made in the 80s. The animation is terrible. Mouth moves before people talk. Sometimes they don't even move. It's like a bad parody of japanimation. Oh and all the generic characters look the same. Literally the same. Same face, same hair, same voice same everything. Why are they so concerned about the decline of humanity when they clearly have cloning technology up to scratch.

Oh and the voices and songs are from AKB48. That would explain some of the crappy voice work then. Question? Are AKB48 a yuri idol group or is this another form of pandering? We've also redefined the friend zone. Men really were holding us back those scandals.

If you want to watch a show about the decline of humanity watch Humanity Has Declined. If you want to watch an AKB48 show watch AKB0048. This show is just blah.

P.S. Men are evil.

P.P.S. Well at least another suicide gif came out of this.
I saw this in a screening room at Anime-Expo at midnight. I love it for five seconds of animation:
When the chick licks the other chick's eyeball.
The whole theater made a collective "Ughhhhh". I was in tears laughing.

Dog Days' (Dash)

Seven Arcs basically faced a pretty straightforward choice when making the second season of Dog Days. The first season was very light and fluffy, much like the collection of tails the various characters have. For the second season, it simply came down to whether they should take it in a more serious direction, or just keep it mindbreakingly fun. To sum it up: Seven Arcs chose option 2.

So the second season of Dog Days is just like the first, only even more. Despite the already healthy ensemble cast of the first season, the second season manages to overstuff the cast with a huge number of new characters. There's pretty much a tail for everyone in the second season, in addition to the dogs and the cats, this season adds squirrels. Naturally the number of new faces in the cast earn a significant amount of screen time, and some of the side characters in the first season often find themselves reduced to little more than cameo roles. This is unfortunate, especially if you were a fan of the Wakamoto-voiced Godwin in the first season.

The cast of Dog Days' (Dash) would like to see you soon!

All pretenses of a serious story that were briefly seen in the first season are now thoroughly wiped away in season 2. The whole 13 episodes run feels like a big party where the viewer is invited to enjoy as much of calling out your moves, energy blast explosions, very fluffy tails, and light harem and romantic comedy as you can handle. And then the show just pours on even more. Idoru Millhi does a concert three times this season. If you are incapable of enjoying yourself at least a little during this show, I'm sorry but you'd better check your pulse. You're probably dead.

As an aside, this show has very strange and random attention to detail. For whatever reason, Flonyard has it's own entirely defined written language, which you can see throughout the show. I don't even know why exactly such a thing is necessary, but there it is. If you wanted to learn the language of the many kemonomimi races of Flonyard, you most certainly can. Then you can write your love letters to any or all of Millhi, Rico, Eclair, Brioche, Yukki, Leo-sama, Gaul (?), Couvert, Noir, Jaune, Vert, Violetta, and anybody else in their language. Ah, the wonders of Japan.

I can't imagine myself recommending Dog Days' to anyone who hasn't at least seen the first and enjoyed it. It's more of the same, with an emphasis on more. If you did enjoy the first season, well chances are you already watched this second season while it was airing. If you haven't seen the first or second seasons, well, you should. Anyone who is still capable of just enjoying anime, and who still loves watching anime, owes it to themselves to take a look. Just don't come back and blame me when you want to touch some fluffy tails too.

Dog Days' (Dash)
Final Rating: 9 out of 10 Fluffy Tails

Oh no, please tell me this isn't leading to a
What is rape really?
discussion.
Don't worry, we can just consult this handy chart.

Orson_Welles_Citizen_Kane_clapping_.gif

Oh man, no way it could have ended better. As horrible as it was going, the only choice was for them to take it all the way. After all that, I feel a little more mentally disturbed. That series is messed up in ways I did not expect. For as awful as the beginning was, that's what made the end pay off more.
Do you regret watching it?

Congrats! And this is what we've been telling people forever! David Lynch wasn't kidding when he was talking about School Days!

yami4ct

Don't worry, we can just consult this handy chart.

Do you regret watching it?

Sort of. It's not my type of show, really. I'm not a real fan of "misery porn". It's also clear the visual novel it's based on is very hentai based, something I'm also not really into. Most of all it was a disturbing, but strangely fascinating experience. A lot of images in that show that will never leave my head.

I guess the part that bothered me the most was all the fanservice. Every other scene had either a naked woman, upskirt shot, or boob shot. A little of that is kind of annoying, but acceptable. The extent to which it's used here really bothered me.

You see? That's why watching just the ending is silly.

school days is an experience everyone should experience.

puts life in a perspective.

little monster 6

Not much to add but megane <3

SDBurton

they fucked

Her mind was already at that break point after hearing about Makoto fooling around. Just because she didn't actively voice or physically object Taisuke's advances doesn't mean she was willing to let him do his thing. Taisuke is an idiot, we all know that, but even he knew what he was doing. The guy is a desperate, hopeless fool, who took the one chance he had at making his dreams (cruel as it is) a reality.

yami4ct

If anything, watching School Days and Blood-C proves to myself that I can handle anything you guys through at me. Do your worst, GAF. HaHa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom