• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
School Days OVA

A semi-reflective hallucination that occured during episode 12
while Makoto was getting stabbed.

cajunator

Banned
That's fair. It just breaks my suspension of disbelief anyway.

Even her name is Ai! :p

The whole idea was that they were two extremes that had to come together. It's been so long that I don't being annoyed by their relationship, but I do like what happens to Tanabe at the end in terms of the whole space suit oxygen thing. Yeah, it ends up being a cop out, but there was no way this was going to have a grimdark ending... especially with the moon girl.

And speaking of which, I thought moon girl ending the conflict was a nice way to finish off that arc. Maybe I was less cynical at the time, and sure it was so obvious that it hurt, but the idea of someone who simply doesn't understand the concept of "nations" is so very Star Trek that it took me back to a time when SyFy was very simple in its morality.

Man, I need to get a Nyanko plushie at some point...

Planetes is an incredible show, but Hachimaki is pretty much intentionally the polar opposite of Ai Tanabe and a complete dick. However he's stubborn like my Dad so perhaps I'm a bit more used that that kind of character than some of you.
Ai? Well she's just adorable and I love her to death.

School Days 12: END

Orson_Welles_Citizen_Kane_clapping_.gif

Oh man, no way it could have ended better. As horrible as it was going, the only choice was for them to take it all the way. After all that, I feel a little more mentally disturbed. That series is messed up in ways I did not expect. For as awful as the beginning was, that's what made the end pay off more.

Yes. YES! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D

New PV for Maoyuu Maou Yuusha -- now with voices!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ar0_IZ2vA

Apparently they reuploaded the first PV too, now partially voiced as well.

This is definitely on my watchlist.

Personally, those two are as far as I went down that particular hole. I have Garzey's Wing sitting around here somewhere, but I feel like physically owning it is good enough.

That said, Earth Maiden Arjuna rounded out the hazing trio when I came to animeGAF. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up yet.

WTF? Watch it dude. Do it! Do it now! GET TO THE CHOPPA!
AlthougH I cant really talk. I havent watch Arjuna. We both have an attrition to make.

If anything, watching School Days and Blood-C proves to myself that I can handle anything you guys through at me. Do your worst, GAF. HaHa.

Yami To Boshi To Hon No Tabibito.
Its amazing in a whole different way. You will probably enjoy it more although it is equally as frustrating and bad. I gave it a 10/10 for enjoyment.

Heh. I got it for 30 bucks a couple months ago to complete the series 1-7. Amazon is on crack. Same with Oreimo and several other series.

Sakurasou 1-5

I really like this series. Misaki is the only person I cannot stand.

Misaki is amazing. I'm genki. she's genki. We get along.

School Days 6-7

Makoto is an amazing hypocrite. Claims to act on the behalf of others, yet when he's required to step up and actually help somebody he relents.

Show is also making clear moves that set up Kotonoha's rapidly deteriorating state of mind. Seems I had it right. Kotonoha's going to be the one doing the killing.

School Days 9

This is getting really hard to watch. They just keep twisting the knife.

School Days 10

Wow. Didn't really expect this, although I suppose otherwise this might not end badly. It's pretty much greek tragedy at this point.

School Days 11

One part of me wants to say things have been stretched into charicature here, but at the same time I can look back and see that this course of events was set up properly. It's just that early on it allowed for a more sympathetic interpretation.

Still.

School Days 12

Well, that didn't happen exactly as I recall from what I was spoiled on.

Just because you have a knife doesn't mean you're a doctor, particularly when determining a 1-2 month old pregnancy.

I seriously cannot believe it took you this long to watch SChool Days.
Boggles the mind.

Yup. Hyouka is selling well too.

Ice fucking cold.

duckroll

Girls und Panzer - Episode 5

nEzZP.jpg

Mmmm... looks tasty! I want a tank cafe too!

This episode totally rocked. Excellent pace all round. There's character development, cute girls doing cute things, espionage, foreshadowing, more character introductions, and another kickass tank battle. Hats off to the staff for making a show so unique and entertaining. The tactics and details of the various aspects of the show are really quite impressive, considering how ridiculous the entire concept is. Every match so far has been really fun to watch. The wait for episode 6 is going to be really, really painful. >_<

30j3Y.jpg

Awesome logos. Lol.

cajunator

Banned

This episode totally rocked. Excellent pace all round. There's character development, cute girls doing cute things, espionage, foreshadowing, more character introductions, and another kickass tank battle. Hats off to the staff for making a show so unique and entertaining. The tactics and details of the various aspects of the show are really quite impressive, considering how ridiculous the entire concept is. Every match so far has been really fun to watch. The wait for episode 6 is going to be really, really painful. >_<

How long is it delayed? do I have time to catch up?

Ginga e Kickoff 26
tumblr_mctrccO8LR1qf4yk3o1_250.jpg

Wow the show has gotten even better post first half and with Aoto fully a part of the team and such. Probably my favorite episode thus far, because the whole second half was so funny. The two characters Id least expected to dislike the same thing and dislike it that extremely. Aoto so scared to faint numerous times and then having Koto protect him.
And then the moment of friendship and teamwork, and ultimate trust (jumping in the pool even though he has no swim ability, must have been scarier for Aoto, really well done.

Wow whats with Ryuuji? (preview)

Wat? It was not a bad dream? gnah...

But this episode was so full of references, it was glorious. I never thought I would ever see a Kelly's Heroes reference in my japanese animation.

On his official site, Shinichiro Ikebe has been listed as the composer for Isao Takahata's upcoming film The Tale of Princess Kaguya. Ikebe composed the scores for Future Boy Conan and several Kurosawa films including Kagemusha.

BluWacky

On his official site, Shinichiro Ikebe has been listed as the composer for Isao Takahata's upcoming film The Tale of Princess Kaguya. Ikebe composed the scores for Future Boy Conan and several Kurosawa films including Kagemusha.

Blimey, how did I miss that Ghibli were doing Kaguyahime? I've always liked that folk story.

Admittedly I wish they were doing an adaptation of this, but I guess it doesn't quite fit the Ghibli brand...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Smile PreCure 32

Holy fuck, this episode was pure nightmare fuel. I'm not gonna sleep for weeks now. :(

((((&#65307;&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;))))))) ((((&#65307;&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;))))))) ((((&#65307;&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;))))))) ((((&#65307;&#65439;&#1044;&#65439;)))))))

Pet Girl of Sakurasou 5
tumblr_md2l1xBGEX1qcsesho3_500.png

Pretty funny whenever the moments involve both Jin and Sorata. Shiina is consistently annoying, and Erika-chan needs to calm down and accept some help or something.

Anyway, Ryuunosuke needs to be seen, I dont think weve ventured into Jin's room yet, and I hope they continue to show us more of the game development aspect of this.

duckroll

Upcoming credits and episode titles for Magi:
Ep6 - The Combat Tribe Finalis
Script: Masahiro Yokotani
Episode Director: Daisuke Takashima
Storyboard: Masayuki Kojima
Animation Director: Yoshiko Nakajima, Shouhei Hamakuchi

Ep7 - His name is Sinbad
Script: Hiroyuki Yoshino
Episode Director: Yoshihiro Yanagiya
Storyboard: Mamoru Kanbe
Animation Director: TBA

Ep8 - Broken Promise
Script: Masahiro Yokotani
Episode Director: Hidetoshi Takahashi
Storyboard: Yutaka Yamamoto <--- LOL
Animation Director: Maki Kawano, Satoshi Sakai

Ep9 - The Duty of a Prince
Script: Hiroyuki Yoshino
Episode Director: TBA
Storyboard: Takahiro Toyomatsu
Animation Director: TBA

Ep10 - His name is Judal
Script: Yoichi Kato
Episode Director: Hideki Nagamachi
Storyboard: Masayuki Kojima
Animation Director: Sayaka Koiso, Chie Nishizawa

Looks like ep6 = ch25-32, ep7-10 = ch33-45+. They're definitely slowing down once they start Balbadd at ep7, but who knows if it'll be good. Yoshino is only writing 2 episodes of the next 5 though, so I guess that's good news.... maybe? Considering the pace though, I wonder what they're going to stretch later on if they plan on ending with Balbadd. It looks more like they'll finish Balbadd by ep18 or 20 at this rate...

Defuser

Upcoming credits and episode titles for Magi:

Looks like ep6 = ch25-32, ep7-10 = ch33-45+. They're definitely slowing down once they start Balbadd at ep7, but who knows if it'll be good. Yoshino is only writing 2 episodes of the next 5 though, so I guess that's good news.... maybe? Considering the pace though, I wonder what they're going to stretch later on if they plan on ending with Balbadd. It looks more like they'll finish Balbadd by ep18 or 20 at this rate...

IIRC didn't some news say they were expanding more on Sinbad and his seven generals? They could be padding it with new content.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I tried to not just reiterate the events in my reviews (the people interested have already seen the show so they don't need me to tell them what happened) but rather my feelings and predictions. In my review of episode 9 I wrote this about that scene (please note the image link):

At that point I was more focused on my thoughts of the main three then on the side characters. Still funny how the last part of my prediction came true. Guess I'm too aware for my own good.

Fair enough!

daaaaaaaaaaaaamn son

You should play Cross Days and see why me and firehawk12 want an adaptation of it. :lol

duckroll

Somewhere in the middle I guess. They did show Sinbad and his pals in the OP. Oh while time will tell.

Maybe they're building up to
Aladdin vs Judal as the mid-series climax,
and after all the stuff that happens in that battle at around ep12-13, they'll have original arc before the end of Balbadd? I dunno if it'll work though. I keep worrying about Yoshino. :(

fertygo

Maybe they're building up to
Aladdin vs Judal as the mid-series climax,
and after all the stuff that happens in that battle at around ep12-13, they'll have original arc before the end of Balbadd? I dunno if it'll work though. I keep worrying about Yoshino. :(

Nooooo, they gonna go with Ao no Exorcist route!!!

The series end with original anime arc ala the first FMA, and with no way to come back

Don't do this A-1!!! ;_;

Kagami

Thank fucking god someone was smart enough to screenshot it.

So apparently they did do a stealth edit in the DVD version of School Days.

What most of you probably saw, if even at all: http://i.imgur.com/224V8.png

What we saw when it first aired: http://i.imgur.com/DkVfE.png

Now line up and receive your punishment.
That's not a stealth edit.
Glowing white was a goofy color to choose for the TV edit, considering, but blood is what it was supposed to be...it means the same thing, in any case.

Incidentally, I believe Crunchyroll is showing the TV edit.

SDBurton

Smile Precure - 08

Body switch episode. Miyuki and Candy spend the day in each others bodies after trying on pair of strange rings. Alright episode I guess.

I've noticed lately that the opening has been promoting the Precure All Stars movie, and some of the girls look pretty cool.

The girl on the left looks like a badass. :D

That's not a stealth edit.
Glowing white was a goofy color to choose for the TV edit, considering, but blood is what it was supposed to be...it means the same thing, in any case.

Incidentally, I believe Crunchyroll is showing the TV edit.

I wouldn't call it goofy. Maybe if it was lime green or something. :lol

It's certainly easier to spot than the red, and led people to the same conclusion.

Reknoc

Smile Precure - 08

Body switch episode. Miyuki and Candy spend the day in each others bodies after trying on pair of strange rings. Alright episode I guess.

I've noticed lately that the opening has been promoting the Precure All Stars movie, and some of the girls look pretty cool.

That episode had Candy Precure, which was awesome.

cajunator

Banned
Smile Precure - 08

Those are the original Precures :D

Kagami

In the game (so game spoilers):
He pulls her into the room and starts raping her, when Makoto and Hikari stumble upon the outside of the room. Instead of going in to help her, they start fingering/jacking each other, and then they fuck outside the room to Kotonoha getting raped.

The scene ends with them leaving as she's getting raped while leaving a puddle of semen and lady juices outside the door where they got off to her rape.
Just to clarify this for people who haven't played the game,
Makoto and Hikari don't realize it's rape. That's why they're both meloncholy, because they're crushing on Kotonoha and Taisuke, respectively, and believe they've both lost. Makoto wouldn't have just stood by if he realized it was non-consensual, since he still wanted Kotonoha.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Smile Precure - 08

She's from the first series, Futari Wa Precure. She's pretty cool.

ARIENAI

DiGiKerot

Seriously?

Lame. >:I

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I'm pretty sure that no characters prior to Fresh, whilst appearing in the movie, got any dialogue what-so-ever - not even stock yells or grunts or stock-footage attack names - in AllStars NewStage.

They talk plenty in the other AllStars movies, though.

Now that I'm thinking about it, did you subject yourself to the Suite Precure movie? It's... remarkably terrible.

SDBurton

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I'm pretty sure that no characters prior to Fresh, whilst appearing in the movie, got any dialogue what-so-ever - not even stock yells or grunts or stock-footage attack names - in AllStars NewStage.

They talk plenty in the other AllStars movies, though.

Now that I'm thinking about it, did you subject yourself to the Suite Precure movie? It's... remarkably terrible.

Not yet, Mad Pierrot gave me the heads up to stay away from it so I'll heed his words.

Are we seriously going to get another 8 episodes of stuff just like this? I find it hard to believe, but that would be amazing. Lol.

For the most part. Some of the "fights" aren't exactly fights in the traditional sense, but the illogical logic never stops and it's glorious. The next episode (or next few depending on how long they spend on Munakata) should be some of the best ones.

Cosmicblizzard, this is for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCQJGEBWUno

A sign of our everlasting friendship!

Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom