• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
A wise move.

The Heartcatch Precure movie, though, is fabulous.

I'll be sure to check out Heartcatch after Smile.

=====================

Smile Precure - 09

y1QlE.png
1RE5L.png

Ropur.png
jVVzh.png

Yayoi focused episode is awesome episode!

Letting her
April Fools joke escalate was both hilarious and sad to watch. Glad she cleared everything up in the end though.

Did I mention that I love the pouty face expressions when they go "Bu bu buuu~"? Because I really, really do.

Now that I'm caught up, I don't think SAO was that bad. Like I said before though I am watching for the lulz and in that department it is delivering.

I did immediately watch eps 5 and 6 of Armored Trooper Votoms right after to cleanse my mental palate. Chirico is definitely one badass protagonist.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 05

Always go with murder.

So the gang's all here now and it was pretty amusing going from one misunderstanding to the next. It wasn't heavy on the drama and more on getting friend up to speed. But, it was still a fun episode.

cjkeats

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 05

So the gang's all here now and it was pretty amusing going from one misunderstanding to the next. It wasn't heavy on the drama and more on getting friend up to speed. But, it was still a fun episode.

Thank god, I was getting worried after the last couple episodes.

SDBurton

Smile Precure - 10

Was hoping there would be an intimate moment between Nao and Akane where she would encourage our hot blooded girl to do her best in making her dad's Okonomiyaki. There's always next time.

I don't know why, but when Wolfrun caught a whiff of it and shouted "WOW!" I literally laughed out loud for a good minute.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Zetsuen no Tempest 2

Solid episode. The original material that was in the manga was vastly changed but the core narrative elements remained the same. I definitely preferred the anime version.

Pet Girl of Sakurasou 5
tumblr_md2l1xBGEX1qcsesho3_500.png

Pretty funny whenever the moments involve both Jin and Sorata. Shiina is consistently annoying, and Erika-chan needs to calm down and accept some help or something.

Anyway, Ryuunosuke needs to be seen, I dont think weve ventured into Jin's room yet, and I hope they continue to show us more of the game development aspect of this.

We saw Jin's room when it was cabbage'd back in uh, episode 2 maybe? It wasn't anything special.

cajunator

Banned
Speaking of which, people may not like the series but you can't deny that NISA's Umineko box set is looking pretty stylish:

Very nice.
I love NISE boxes though. Have 11 of them so far, with another coming (Denpa Onna)
Such a breath of fresh air in the US market.

Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere 4-13 (end) Dubwatch/rewatch

A few week parts in the dub, mainly, a lack of enthusiasm whenever there were crowds involved, but Sentai must be commended, so many on screen TN notes whenever there were words with double meanings, or defining or providing tidbits of history on some of the things characters said were being referenced too.

Honda Futayo, Munishige, Horizon Ariadust, Toori, Honda M, were cast well, in my opinion, the great debate and then the
conversation when Toori and Horizon talk about being parallel and inversely parallel when he rescued her remained just as emotional

Ah I was actually glad to see it in HD stuff, if I remember the CR stream didnt really look that well in moments of great action. Will probably rewatch whenever they bring s2.

Psycho Pass 4

I was almost expecting someone to say Brain Burst this episode.

Glad there seems to be some semblance of an overarching plot showing up, though I imagine this is more like a 2-parter. Ah well, it's interesting enough.

It would be quite difficult for any character popularity episode to stack up to Gintama's.

While I'm not sure if it was ever animated, Sket Dance did have two fun chapters about their character popularity polls. But besides that, yeah, never seen any other show pull one off as well as those two series.

Jex

My Little Monster - Episode 6

Other than that, I like the developments. Love triangles in romance comedies can be lame, but I think the angle is required here to motivate Shizuku to make a stronger move eventually. Without competition she tends to get kinda lazy, just like in her studies! It'll be interesting to see how things go from here, but the characters continue to be the highlight of the show.

I don't feel that you really need to limit that to just romantic comedies. Pretty much every romance work or romance plot-line involved a love triangle of sorts and they tend to be lame because it's pretty clear who's going to "win" making the whole plot pointless.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I don't feel that you really need to limit that to just romantic comedies. Pretty much every romance work or romance plot-line involved a love triangle of sorts and they tend to be lame because it's pretty clear who's going to "win" making the whole plot pointless.
Love triangles are the best! it's the journey not the destination that matters.

Jex

Love triangles are the best! it's the journey not the destination that matters.

Love triangles can be great when like, I actually don't know how they're going to work out. Case in point, the original Macross series has a very intriguing love triangle that's set up in a manner which leaves genuine tension in the show.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, it seems to me that Sentai does cheap out on their packaging and presentation a bit (Infinite Stratos wasn't bad though). NISA gets it right IMO.

Sentai at least included a nice music CD with the IS package. It had Charles' character song. that alone made it worth the purchase.
No regrets :D

/XX/

Another IA PROJECT video, another gang from the '.GIF Generation'. Many habituals are at it again:

【IA】ワールド・コーリング【オリジナルPV】 ‐ ニコニコ動画:Q
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19262932

IA x JIN | WORLDCALLING on Vimeo
http://vimeo.com/52908595

As in the past, Bahi JD shared rapidly a closer look at his own contribution there (http://bahijd.tumblr.com/tagged/world-calling). More information at the official website for the collaborative single:

IA PROJECT│IA×じん
http://ia-project.net/ia_jin/

I'm too timid to venture into another community thread like that, I've accustomed to this place already! And it is so random I don't know what to say there!

Also, why in that kind of threads we always end up talking about Japanese animation openings dubbed in Spanish? :-D

cajunator

Banned
Disc art is not a big concern. Some of it is really pretty though. Some of it is risque too like the naked angels on the Steel angel Kurumi discs.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
GIRLS und PANZER Episode 3

- GIRL ALMOST GETS RUN OVER BY A TANK THAT SHE JUMPS ONTO THE TOP OF WHILE ITS AND NOBODY CARES
- TANK ABOUT TO FALL OFF A BRIDGE, SOMEHOW GETS SHOT AT TO STAY ON BRIDGE ???
- WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO THE TANKS? DISGUSTING AND SUPER FUCKING IMPRACTICAL.
- BRITISH GIRLS GONNA BRITISH
- OBLIGATORY BATH SCENE WITH OBLIGATORY FANSERVICE
- GIRL GETTING OFF SHOOTING TURRETS
- YUKARI IS MAI WAIFU

god this show is so stupid.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

- GIRL ALMOST GETS RUN OVER BY A TANK THAT SHE JUMPS ONTO THE TOP OF WHILE ITS AND NOBODY CARES
- WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO THE TANKS? DISGUSTING AND SUPER FUCKING IMPRACTICAL.
- YUKARI IS MAI WAIFU

But did you like it?

Jex

- YUKARI IS MAI WAIFU

But you aren't going to stop watching, right?

Jex

[Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun] - 6

mlm6a.png
mlm6b.png

mlm6c.png
mlm6d.png

This episode felt a little bit more traditionally shoujo than other episodes and I think that's partly due to the presence of class-rep. She's basically like a heroine from another, considerably less wacky shoujo show. She seems to be getting fleshed out fairly well as a side character and a small number of scenes are framed entirely from her perspective, allowing us to get some of that all-important shoujo intersection that we know and love. While she's a considerably weaker character (personality wise) than Shinzuku she fits into the mix fairly well.

Of course, she wasn't the only thing keeping it shoujo. There was plenty of introspection, face faults, girls checking out cute guys, more introspection, love-triangles and characters discussing the main characters relationship status. While duckroll argued that this love-triangle thing
may well spur Shizaku into action so far the reverse has been true. Faced with the reality of her growing affections for Haru Shizaku feels that the only logical thing to do is completely set aside her feelings so that she can focus completely on her studies. Of course, this essentially flies in the face of all the available evidence and it seems that she isn't being very honest with herself - shoujo plotline no. 4.

As duckroll mentioned there was some pretty off-model stuff in this episode but that didn't really bother me because I still felt that the episode was delivered in a fairly refreshing a delightful manner.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just assumed that was like an officer hat or something, part of some standard uniform kit. Certainly a rather odd choice considering no one else dresses up in a historical uniform.

Honestly, if their fake Americans doesn't have someone smoking a pipe or someone declaring that "I shall return", then the Rommel-worship will just be even more weird. :p

Jex

Honestly, if their fake Americans doesn't have someone smoking a pipe or someone declaring that "I shall return", then the Rommel-worship will just be even more weird. :p

Is it really Rommel-worship? There's zero references to Germany, or any other country in the show. They're called Panzers because, well, that's what the tanks happen to be but if you didn't know they were already German the show wouldn't inform you of that fact. They never talk about any historical event or any real war. It's very, er, sanitized I guess.

SDBurton

Smile Precure - 11

2v0Po.png
tdWXe.png

1tDdG.png
8u1wE.png

:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now this is what I'm talking about!

Nao's fear of bugs is adorable, and watching Akane take care of her was exactly what I wanted to see. OTP GET!!!

At this time I have Akane as top and Nao as bottom. Seems fitting as Akane seems to be more aggressive of the two and Nao has her moments where she shows her girly side.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is that really it though? Does she really? You think she wants to go home to his wife, put on a strap-on and go to town? Then she wants to kill herself for supposedly opposing Hitler?

That's pretty deep for an anime about little girls driving around tanks for sport.
Sure, let's read it that way. :p

Weekly Sales for October 29 - November 4:

Blu-ray
*1, 3,686 33,443 Strike Witches The Movie Limited Edition
*7, 1,705 *1,705 Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Finale vol.3 Limited Edition

There's a Strike Witches movie?

Also, the people who decided to wrap up Nogizaka Haruka in an OVA are probably smacking their heads on their desks right about now. lol

Is it really Rommel-worship? There's zero references to Germany, or any other country in the show. They're called Panzers because, well, that's what the tanks happen to be but if you didn't know they were already German the show wouldn't inform you of that fact. They never talk about any historical event or any real war. It's very, er, sanitized I guess.

Well yeah, it's completely apolitical. But let's say you dressed up as Rommel for Halloween, even minus the Swastika, you wouldn't expect anyone to give you odd looks for that?

That said, I do remember that Paul Merton special where he visited Ireland and the Irish would rather cosplay as Nazis than as British officers because... well, they're Irish. Go figure. lol `

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom