• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Mondai-Ji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sō Desu yo? Singers Revealed
On Friday, the December issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Newtype magazine is revealing the singers of the opening and ending theme songs for the Mondai-Ji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sō Desu yo? (Don't Problem Children Come From an Alternate World?) fantasy comedy television anime. Iori Nomizu will perform the opening "Black † White," while Kaori Sadohara will perform the ending "To Be Continued?" Nomizu will also voice the character Kuro Usagi in the anime.

wonzo

Banned
For a second there, I thought you replied to that twice.
I did too. I've actually gotten in the habit of reading one's post as the other's. It gets weird when something uncharacteristic is said.

clearly it's a sign... a sign telling you to read Onepunch-Man asap

Joshiraku 12-13

Once was enough.

Final Joshiraku rankings! Red > Black > Yellow > Green > BrownPurple BurgundyRed WineBrown
dat 100% accurate list

Grzi

iQZPRQBHgGDeg.jpg

Amazing.

Sekirei 12
Like I thought, she didn't die because of reasons. The fighting here was pretty great too, even if the art isn't the greatest, the animation was quite well done. It ends with a happy ending, for now anyways.
Great show, definitely my favorite Super Power Harem show that I've recently watched (Maken-ki and Samurai Girls being the others). It's not much of a looker this show and it's art can be quite inconsistent, but it's got it where it counts.
The nipples are drawn well. You'll just have to take my word for it.
On to the next season!
gOL8f.jpg

The End for now.

sonicmj1

i won't fall in to that trap !.. i was trully bored with blood-c ...

but the opening music was ok

It's okay to be bored at first with Blood-C. The first episodes are truly boring.

However, given his other works, you should trust that he wouldn't have made the show the way he did without a good reason. I think you should give it another chance.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Jormungand 17
Hyperlinked images may contain spoilers, this is your only warning.
Yuck, this sure did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Even as a fan of this show at times the production on this episode was obscenely bad in the most distracting manner. There is an excessive use of still shots, lazy scaling on objects, some really bad art, and terrible CG that just litters scenes.

Even ignoring that as much as possible, it still wasn't a very enjoyable episode. Most of this episode is just exposition. One character after another takes turns explaining a very simple story for far too long, and character interactions are kept to a minimum. These scenes are so tedious that even the characters themselves fall asleep listening to the long winded explanations.

I have a strong dislike for Kasper, primarily because I don't feel his scenes are particularly fleshed out. Even the small squad protecting him are faceless nobodies, and these generically designed filler "characters" often blankly stare off into space even while in combat. It feels very impersonal, and it's clear that the only people that wind up mattering in this situation are Kasper and his She-Hulk protector (who is admittedly pretty cool). Like look, these guys are like multicolored twins or something. It just feels like these sections of the story are sort of inferior and irrelevant, and that not enough thought was put into the world surrounding these two characters that the show wants to incorporate into the larger narrative.

Oh, and every Valmet scene is focused around her sexuality now. It's annoying as hell, exploitative, and doesn't really add anything to the story ever.

wonzo

Banned
Jormungand 17

Damn those pesky assassins! This was pretty dull outside of the nice animation towards the end of the episode. The CG was really bad at times, the Valmet "fanservice" was stupid, and it dragged on far too often with the boring as hell exposition which was actually acknowledged as being really dull and needless by the fucking characters themselves. Still, things are building up to shit going down next episode and I am digging the whole espionage theme to this little arc so it's not all bad.

Mandoric

Banned
Hah, to be fair, I don't remember anything about the Boer war. I'm sure someone suffered though. lol

I think the Rommel in particular fetishism is a key point of what you're getting at here, TBH. If you're working from a detached perspective, and aren't particularly fond of the Nazis, centering all your Germanism around a consummate Wehrmacht man executed for involvement in a plot to assassinate Hitler probably seems like a good idea.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Damn those pesky assassins! This was pretty dull outside of the nice animation towards the end of the episode. The CG was really bad at times, the Valmet "fanservice" was stupid, and it dragged on far too often with the boring as hell exposition which was actually acknowledged as being really dull and needless by the fucking characters themselves. Still, things are building up to shit going down next episode and I am digging the whole espionage theme to this little arc so it's not all bad.
It's not even really espionage though. The unit for some reason just kind of went,
"Hahaha, we're a spy unit so they'd never expect us to try and outgun them."
I didn't feel like it made the manner they operate any different from what we've seen in this series' past.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think the Rommel in particular fetishism is a key point of what you're getting at here, TBH. If you're working from a detached perspective, and aren't particularly fond of the Nazis, centering all your Germanism around a consummate Wehrmacht man executed for involvement in a plot to assassinate Hitler probably seems like a good idea.

I guess I'm just wondering if we've moved past the point where it's just okay to use Nazis for general entertainment purposes now.

Call of Duty had Nazi Zombies, so obviously Dudebros don't care. They even had JFK in BLOPS as a playable character (I think), so maybe the whole idea of "too soon" doesn't really come into play nowadays.

I just wonder though, like, if a politician decided to just take some of Hitler's policies and propose them as good ideas in Parliament or Congress now (I actually have no idea what Nazi policy was, but I'm assuming they had to govern just like any other government), would they be able to get away with it without immediately being called a Nazi.

Obviously historians (and history nerds) are perfectly fine with talking about military strategy and divorcing it from the actual human cost of war. And even then, my understanding was that Rommel and the conspirators wanted to kill Hitler for political reasons and not moral ones, but whatever.

As I said in IRC, I'm not even sure if it even necessarily bothers me per se. I just think it's fucking weird.

This shot was already used in From The New World:
E4vKr.jpg

And I can see why you would choose to use it to easily depict the horrors of humanity, even if you completely divorce it from the Vietnam War. It's an iconic image that instantly evokes a shitty war and man's animalistic nature.

But, I mean... that fucking dude died. You know what I mean? Again I have no problem with using that image in your art, but it just feels odd to me for some reason.

At this point though, I'm just spouting a stream of consciousness. lol

wonzo

Banned
Chitose Get You! 19

a fifth graders pantyshot...

hanginabout.gif

It's not even really espionage though. The unit for some reason just kind of went,
"Hahaha, we're a spy unit so they'd never expect us to try and outgun them."
I didn't feel like it made the manner they operate any different from what we've seen in this series' past.
Yeah, they did pretty much cast that aside when they
went all in guns blazing
but I'd still say the whole espionage angle that was being built up for the past two episodes was nice while it lasted.

Fuck, haven't been in here in like two weeks. Work of all sorts has been killing me. =(

After finishing iM@S and thoroughly enjoying it, I've decided to go and take a look at other shows I offhandedly dismissed due to bad first impressions. A lot of my JH girls seem to really love K-On!, so I figured it was time to give it a shot, despite how set in my ways I was about the show.

K-On! 01

Well, that wasn't what I was expecting at all. In particular, none of the voices even remotely matched up to what my head had come up with years and years ago. Having never even heard dialogue from an episode of the show before today, I had envisioned everyone to have a super high pitched annoying sort of voice, especially in the case of Mio. Looks like I was way the fuck off the mark.

First impressions after episode 1? I feel like I just sat in on my school's music club. Seriously. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet. Hahaha. In the very least, I didn't hate it. I guess I'll see where this road takes me.

Westlo

Of course they could do something stupid like drag it out and then add original filler material or even an original in-between arc. But I think we would all prefer if they didn't do that. -_-

I look forward to what Yoshino will add to the series!

It's okay to be bored at first with Blood-C. The first episodes are truly boring.

However, given his other works, you should trust that he wouldn't have made the show the way he did without a good reason. I think you should give it another chance.

Blood-c first episodes are accepted as bad ? but the rest is good ?
hum maybe i would watch the rest then ...

Kamisama Kiss 6

Almost every scene with the crow douchebag showing off was so painfully cringe-worthy to watch it wasn't even funny.
the cast of this show need more supporting characters

cajunator

Banned

If you dont like the cute coffee drinking and singing theres not much to like in the first few episodes but ohhhhh just you wait for the rest.

wonzo

Banned
HidaSketch x Honeycomb 2

Yoshinoya being Yoshinoya and Yuno pulling a Natsume by not taking the initiative. All in a days work for your average Hidamari.

hidasketchxhoneyop.gif

Also, can anyone explain what the deal is with this frame? I'm guessing it could simply be SHAFT being SHAFT or just a production fuckup... which is really the same thing when you think about it.

Sounds like a good idea to me!

And if by that you mean more characters that aren't the "bishie of the week swooping in to save the day" then yeah.

I saw Shin Sekai Yori episode 6 yesterday and it was much better than 5. The next episode looks promising as hell. Haven't checked out the latest episode of My little monster since I've been busy with the first four eps of Sword art online. Damn... SAO is a very addictive anime. I like that the protagonist is still a drifter right now and the world itself is pretty bleak at times.

Also, Rock Lee's spinoff show is fucking awesome. I honestly wouldn't complain one bit if Naruto Shippuden were replaced with Rock Lee's adventures whenever the anime caught up to the manga.

Maedhros

I saw Shin Sekai Yori episode 6 yesterday and it was much better than 5. The next episode looks promising as hell. Haven't checked out the latest episode of My little monster since I've been busy with the first four eps of Sword art online. Damn... SOA is a very addictive anime. I like that the protagonist is still a drifter right now and the world itself is pretty bleak at times.

Also, Rock Lee's spinoff show is fucking awesome. I honestly wouldn't complain one bit if this Naruto Shippuden were replaced with Rock Lee's adventures whenever the story caught up to the manga.

Oh man, you admitted you like SAO? Run for your life.

cajunator

Banned
I saw Shin Sekai Yori episode 6 yesterday and it was much better than 5. The next episode looks promising as hell. Haven't checked out the latest episode of My little monster since I've been busy with the first four eps of Sword art online. Damn... SAO is a very addictive anime. I like that the protagonist is still a drifter right now and the world itself is pretty bleak at times.

Also, Rock Lee's spinoff show is fucking awesome. I honestly wouldn't complain one bit if Naruto Shippuden were replaced with Rock Lee's adventures whenever the anime caught up to the manga.

unfortunately all the fun characters like Lisbeth and Silica pretty much disappear from the show.

Yeah... I checked the main SAO thread just now and found out I may have to run into some... questionable material. That sucks, but I'll keep watching and get my fill of good stuff with Shin Sekai Yori. Hopefully stuff like episode five and eighteen in SSY and SAO is seldom seen.

Gonna get some beauty sleep now.

faridmon

Jormungand 17

OK, that art is really scary...

After reading the LNs, I hope the current SAO arc does well enough for them to greenlight the next one. That one should be definitely worth watching if adapted well. High hopes, I guess.

Also after reading the LNs I can't wait for the end of this arc, because the climax is almost certain to make anyone on hatewatch self-destruct in a flare of pure ether and vitriol.

:popcorn:

Steroyd

After reading the LNs, I hope the current SAO arc does well enough for them to greenlight the next one. That one should be definitely worth watching if adapted well. High hopes, I guess.

Also after reading the LNs I can't wait for the end of this arc, because the climax is almost certain to make anyone on hatewatch self-destruct in a flare of pure ether and vitriol.

I see this challenge and I accept!

Defuser

I just waiting for that particular reveal episode. I'm saving up all my gifs for that one episode!

fertygo

Its one of best-selling anime ever now!

Not looking forward to it!

#FirehawkMeltdownWatch

duckroll

Psycho Pass 4

I was almost expecting someone to say Brain Burst this episode.

Glad there seems to be some semblance of an overarching plot showing up, though I imagine this is more like a 2-parter. Ah well, it's interesting enough.

The director has confirmed that tomorrow's episode is the conclusion of a two-parter, but it sounds like the overarching plot is definitely starting, since they'll be exploring into Kogami's past after this. Hopefully it starts to pick up the pace.

Jex

Hang on a minute, you're not darkside.

sonicmj1

HidaSketch x Honeycomb 2
Also, can anyone explain what the deal is with this frame?[/URL] I'm guessing it could simply be SHAFT being SHAFT or just a production fuckup... which is really the same thing when you think about it.

Probably Shaft being Shaft, but that says "Fujisan", aka Mt. Fuji. And Mt. Fuji is traditionally painted on the walls of bathhouses, as you would know if you watched Thermae Romae.

It's not hard to draw it, but you know how Shaft can be sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom