• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any resemblance is purely coincidental. :)

I guess... for the record, I like watching shounen, drama, and romantic comedy shows. I'm a fan of mecha and occasionally tokusatsu(though I haven't visited the GAF side for that). Occasionally I do get a sort of sweet tooth for meaningless cute shows too.

I also like watching shows that are objectively bad. For example, I watched Gundam AGE start to finish.

My favorite posters in these threads are DTL and Duckroll. Cajunator is a close 3rd(I also live in Louisiana).

cajunator

Banned
Any resemblance is purely coincidental. :)

I guess... for the record, I like watching shounen, drama, and romantic comedy shows. I'm a fan of mecha and occasionally tokusatsu(though I haven't visited the GAF side for that). Occasionally I do get a sort of sweet tooth for meaningless cute shows too.

I also like watching shows that are objectively bad. For example, I watched Gundam AGE start to finish.

My favorite posters in these threads are DTL and Duckroll. Cajunator is a close 3rd(I also live in Louisiana).

I like the cut of your jib, sir.
What portion of Louisiana?

After reading the LNs, I hope the current SAO arc does well enough for them to greenlight the next one. That one should be definitely worth watching if adapted well. High hopes, I guess.

Also after reading the LNs I can't wait for the end of this arc, because the climax is almost certain to make anyone on hatewatch self-destruct in a flare of pure ether and vitriol.

:popcorn:

i don't hate watch but man the last episode will sure trigger some delicious comment here ...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Girls und Panzer 4

This show is terrible. Simply and utter terrible. The CG, the entire premise, the characters (except for that milf), the actual tankery itself, the complete pandering fanservice which is just honestly creepy.

Did however get a laugh at the one scene in the alley. You come at the king, you best not miss. Only this scene wasn't actually enjoyable in the slightest.

/XX/

Because my version of the first DBZ OP > your version.
As I commented with Mr. Reg-chan in one occasion... lets not go that path, 'camarada' trejo, because we know how it ends, on this place called Internet!

Nah! Seriously now, I agree with you... not for Dragon Ball Z, but Jordi Vila's passion on the first opening for Dragon Ball (specially in the Catalan version) was remarkable, though.

Also, Homero > Homer.
I'm not going concede on this if you are referring to the Castilian/European Spanish dubbed version of The Simpsons, no sir! Carlos Revilla is an institution here, and his work the most memorable because he died before his loving legacy would have been taunted due to the most progressive decline the series had after season 11.

Anyway, using translated names is... just, bu... t, just... WHY?

Poor Azazel-san, no one remembers you.
And people still obviate the most relevant work he has done, on Shin-chan, taking the baton of Keiichi Hara. Doing that not trying to perpetuate a style that wasn't his own was specially important to him, I think. He didn't succeed immensely but at least he didn't try to fill Mr. Hara's boots directly, and later parted ways and continued on his own with great integrity.

Hmmm, I thought Mr. Nagahama confirmed it already as a TV series some time ago (http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43270426&postcount=16435). Is this implying something else? New details incoming?

Kusano looks pretty adorable.
Is Sekirei mostly a fighting series?
It's a fighting show, but a lot of the time it's just normal harem antics. It's pretty typical of any super power harem show.
K-On! 01

Well, that wasn't what I was expecting at all. In particular, none of the voices even remotely matched up to what my head had come up with years and years ago. Having never even heard dialogue from an episode of the show before today, I had envisioned everyone to have a super high pitched annoying sort of voice, especially in the case of Mio. Looks like I was way the fuck off the mark.

First impressions after episode 1? I feel like I just sat in on my school's music club. Seriously. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet. Hahaha. In the very least, I didn't hate it. I guess I'll see where this road takes me.

XKqbT.gif

Keep at it! The show really clicked with me after the 4th or 5th episode. Became my favorite show ever. Season 2 is even better.
And about the voices, I could never imagine Mio with a high pitched voice, but then again, I went into this show blind with no prior knowledge.

I'm hoping for "tick!". Or "check!". Because those will obviously be super moe.

Also, Lan must say "woof..." when embarrassed, and Muginami must say "got it!" a lot.
I think I'd be okay with them keeping it as "maru" since none of the alternatives come remotely close and the show explicitly takes place in Japan. "Perfect!" would make the most sense given the circle motion, though "tick!" would be deliciously meta.

Muginami can say "roger dodger!" I think that'd be pretty moe.

I think I'd be okay with them keeping it as "maru" since none of the alternatives come remotely close and the show explicitly takes place in Japan. "Perfect!" would make the most sense given the circle motion, though "tick!" would be deliciously meta.

Muginami can say "roger dodger!" I think that'd be pretty moe.

Muginami desu~

Jex

Girls und Panzer 4

This show is terrible. Simply and utter terrible. The CG, the entire premise, the characters (except for that milf), the actual tankery itself, the complete pandering fanservice which is just honestly creepy.

Did however get a laugh at the one scene in the alley. You come at the king, you best not miss. Only this scene wasn't actually enjoyable in the slightest.

Complain about the premise, complain about the characters and complain about the fanservice but don't complain about the tank battles, they're cool!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Smile Precure - 18

Seriously? You're going to make my girl
trip near the very end of her run to avoid the typical 'hard work pays off' ending?
What a load of horseshit! >:I

INITIAL D FIFTH STAGE

i'm very happy by the "return !!!"

The soundtrack is mild so far but that's probably because we haven't got to the good stuff yet.

The episode was good i realise that not using Cgs in initial D would be a financial mistake so i'm happy with the cars as long as they are properly animated ( something they do ).. no problem.

y1ShBl.jpg

Ah ah ah take that imposters !!!
Ah the look on their faces was trully priceless !

I'm so looking forward to episode 2!

---------------
KAMISAMA HAJIMEMASHITA - 06

Nice episode ..for 2 reasons .

First because there seem to be some plot or sub plot that started in this episode with the flashback ...
Second because ....
QvDitl.jpg

According to the youkai , she taste like strawberry !
another plot device like darkness opening in the school
... As if tomoe didn't need another reason to follow nanami in the school ...

Depending on how they will use both sub plots the show might even be better

Complain about the premise, complain about the characters and complain about the fanservice but don't complain about the tank battles, they're cool!

Eh, that CG really ruined any chance for the tank battles to be entertaining to me. It's Muv-Luv bad...maybe even worse.

Kagami

I feel so weird not hating the CG vehicles in Girls und Panzer because I always have in other anime up till now.
And the first-person view city scene in ep 4 wasn't just "not bad," it actually looked pretty cool.

Metrotab

Banned
Kimikiss - 8

Oh oh, it's time for the drama to start!

Also, since everyone is seemingly obsessed with the Panzermädchen I have decided to pick up Girls und Panzer.

Cool beans.
what are your favorite series?

Shadow Skill

GaoGaiGar
ARIA
Kara no Kyoukai
Hajime no Ippo
Touch
Madoka
Nanoha

There are dozens more that I'm not remembering, but this is probably a good list because I did remember them.

I also generally like stuff done by BONES. They usually have an amazing ride and then steer me into a brick wall at the finish line, but I at least love the ride.

I feel so weird not hating the CG vehicles in Girls und Panzer because I always have in other anime up till now.
And the first-person view city scene in ep 4 wasn't just "not bad," it actually looked pretty cool.

well, the CG in GuP is a prime example of CG done right because it's not about to save money or time but the show would be not possible without it - even in the glorious 80s.

cajunator

Banned
Shadow Skill

GaoGaiGar
ARIA
Kara no Kyoukai
Hajime no Ippo
Touch
Madoka
Nanoha

There are dozens more that I'm not remembering, but this is probably a good list because I did remember them.

I also generally like stuff done by BONES. They usually have an amazing ride and then steer me into a brick wall at the finish line, but I at least love the ride.

Oh neat. Like some of those.
GGG is always fun with the over the top mecha stuff. DIVIDINGGG DRIVERRRR!
you probably know my obsession with Madoka Magica already and Nanoha is pretty swell too with those huge battles that make it look more like Gundam or something.
Good stuff.

trejo

As I commented with Mr. Reg-chan in one occasion... lets not go that path, 'camarada' trejo, because we know how it ends, on this place called Internet!

Nah! Seriously now, I agree with you... not for Dragon Ball Z, but Jordi Vila's passion on the first opening for Dragon Ball (specially in the Catalan version) was remarkable, though.

Don't worry, it was just a friendly jab at people who actually care about that stuff. Of course one is always going to prefer the version they grew up with so arguing about it just seems silly.

I'm not going concede on this if you are referring to the Castilian/European Spanish dubbed version of The Simpsons, no sir! Carlos Revilla is an institution here, and his work the most memorable because he died before his loving legacy would have been taunted due to the most progressive decline the series had after season 11.

Anyway, using translated names is... just, bu... t, just... WHY?

I always liked the way Humberto Vélez took that character and completely made it his own. He was a perfect fit for the role. And while not as tragic as death, it's ultimately a good thing that they changed most of the voices now that the show is crap. That way you can clearly tell when you're watching the "good" Simpsons.

And Homero just sounds more natural in spanish. *shrug*

/XX/

The Blue Exorcist official website for the upcoming movie is being updated frequently on these past days, with new pictures added to its 'GALLERY' section and other new things (like the announcement of a new light novel, http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4087032833/). I think it is looking very promising in the visual department! The previous teaser in better quality also helps in achieving that impression (for me at least):

映画『青の祓魔師(エクソシスト) 劇場版』特報 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHUct-WiaR8

Like before, I hope Cédric Hérole does copies of his cut layouts after he ends his work on it (http://mimicarina.over-blog.com/article-work-blue-exorcist-108999939.html) to share those with us!

I always liked the way Humberto Vélez took that character and completely made it his own. He was a perfect fit for the role. And while not as tragic as death, it's ultimately a good thing that they changed most of the voices now that the show is crap. That way you can clearly tell when you're watching the "good" Simpsons.
That is cool. Maybe they saw where they were headed with that series and bailed out! That adds to the nostalgia for the viewer, sure...

Don't worry, it was just a friendly jab at people who actually care about that stuff. Of course one is always going to prefer the version they grew up with so arguing about it just seems silly.
Yeah. Even if I wanted I couldn't argue about something like that, even less with a pal like you... as some say, 'vive la différence !'

cajunator

Banned
Tonari No Kaibutsu kun 06

This show is really really bad for my heart.
Haru, just pick one. Shizuku, Natsume, Oshima. It doesnt matter. They are all <3. you seriously cannot go wrong with any of them.

Jex

Eh, that CG really ruined any chance for the tank battles to be entertaining to me. It's Muv-Luv bad...maybe even worse.
The CG certainly doesn't look particularly good with 2D characters layered over it, but that doesn't actually mean the action sequences themselves are poorly constructed or low on tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom