• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama 159

8LBGl.jpg

French bread is the best type of bread used to smash a bridge into pieces.

Sugita, you did a good job signing!

Jex

[Magi] - 3

It doesn't really feel like these characters have earned very much considering that it only took them about two episodes to achieve their dreams, or whatever. Not that they seem particularly interesting anyway.

At least the episode was well made, as per usual standards. Maybe it will get better late?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 095

Knapfstein and Grillpalzer's plot to betray Reuenthal at the last second makes me think of them as another "Twin Stars" for Reinhard, but their less than admirable motives would surely damn them under the Kaiser's opinion. This is a governor that values integrity above all, and I fear that, were their plan ever successful, they would meet a less than honorable demise.

Speaking of the Kaiser, his reluctance to go ahead with the battle comes across as a sad affair. He's a man known for his composure, but he suddenly is losing his cool around his subordinates, such as when Muller asks him to spare Reuenthal's life. We can see the deterioration of his personality more and more as the show progresses --without Yang Wenli, there are simply no battles he wishes to fight for. It almost seems like he regrets proposing Reuenthal an eventual confrontation back when Kircheis was alive.

Julian refuses Reuenthal's offer (nice to see Murai again), and then the episode ends with Mittermeyer succumbing to despair after failing to bring Reuenthal back to his senses. He does bring an interesting point: what exactly does Reuenthal wish to achieve after defeating the Kaiser? It looks like a suicidal rebellion from every angle you look at it, but maybe (and Reuenthal himself acknowledges it) he just wants to fight for fight's sake. Such a petty state of affairs, but at the very least they are not involving any non-combatants this time around.

So much prep.

OceanBlue

[Magi] - 3

It doesn't really feel like these characters have earned very much considering that it only took them about two episodes to achieve their dreams, or whatever.

I wish they didn't leave the episode off where they did, but it's not like they weren't already pushing a ton into three episodes, I guess.

Obviously, the story needs to continue, and if they included a little more, there would be a better sense of where the story is going to go. It would've ended in a perfect spot for the first arc to act as the 'beginning of the real adventure'. Instead, the story is left off in an awkward spot with no forward momentum. I guess they were struggling to fit as much as they could into three episodes, but they're making a lot of questionable writing choices because of it.

Instro

Code Breaker 3

ibuyz10JHZ9eNM.gif

Man this episode has everything. Black Bolt, action, comedy, good music, cute puppies, badasses, groin kicks, yakuza, etc etc.

Articalys

New Short OVA of Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team Announced
The Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team original video anime series will get a Blu-ray Memorial Box on February 22, 2013, and the box will bundle a brand-new short film, "Sanjigen to no Tatakai" (Battle in Three Dimensions). Ichiro Okouchi wrote the scenario, which follows the 08th MS Team (led by Shiro Amada in the Gundam Ez-8) through the jungle zone towards the next battlefront. Just as they approach a bridge, the team is attacked by the Zeon forces from the front, left, right, and the air.

The 26,250-yen (US$330) set will include the anime series' 12 episodes (including the epilogue special), a promotional video and commercial collection, the pilot film, the credit-less opening and ending animation sequences, a storyboard collection, a collection of illustrations from magazines and promotional materials, and a 42-page booklet with the scenario for the short film. The bonus extras Blu-ray Disc will have "Sanjigen to no Tatakai," and The 08th MS Team Data Archives. The video series will have both the original soundtack and the 5.1ch version.

Hajime Katoki is illustrating the box, and Kunio Okawara, Kimitoshi Yamane, and Toshihiro Kawamoto are illustrating the jackets for the three main discs inside. The animation staff of the short film are illustrating the jacket for the bonus extras disc.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I am free now, food and water have never tasted so good.

If I make it out of this alive I promise to turn over a new leaf and become a better person.

Code:Breaker 3

I'm still trying to figure out if they'll get to the part that made me angry or not. Toki's introduction has already been changed a lot and it seems like they want to get to Hitomi as soon as possible, so it could really go either way.

With knowledge of the manga, I've realized some character actions make no sense at all. (MASSIVE manga spoilers)
Aoba shows absolutely no indication of being Code:Revenger despite the one that slaughtered her entire orphanage being right in front of her. I know she's trying to hold back her rage, but come on, there's no way she would act that stupid.
Just makes me think the reveal wasn't planned out at all.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 096
Bittenfeld always has the best lines. It even sounds like an Oscar Mayer commercial.

This battle was the first time I remember in the show where high morale can outweigh tactical mastery. Or maybe Bittenfeld is just a lucky son of a bitch.

Knapfstein meeting his end before Grillpalzer is not cool bro. That cunt deserves to be split in half and thrown to the dogs.

I just don't see how Reuenthal is gonna keep this charade any longer. Mittermeyer is on the chase and Mecklinger is gonna pincer him soon too.

Grzi

Medaka Box Abnormal - 02

Yep, this was shounen as fuck, but skipping all the unnecessary crap and going straight to the point which could make it a joy to follow. Right now I'm still on the fence about really start praising this until I see some actual action and how it's animated, so hopefully Gainax won't disappoint with that.

Medaka Box Abnormal - 02

Yep, this was shounen as fuck, but skipping all the unnecessary crap and going straight to the point which could make it a joy to follow. Right now I'm still on the fence about really start praising this until I see some actual action and how it's animated, so hopefully Gainax won't disappoint with that.

Oh, you'll get action. In fact, after half or 3/4 of next episode, that's ALL you'll get for the remaining episodes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Smile Precure 36
rz5Uzl.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is what Jexhius looks like.

C85Mbl.jpg

I also never get tired of the extreme close up faces that they use. The combination of the wacky faces and the fact that their face fills the frame is just fun to watch.

hP4nZl.jpg

And hey, new power! (And only one decor this week, strangely enough).

You know, as for the episode, I do feel like it's a cop out that they basically
don't admit their feelings to each other and that it's all implied. Maybe teaching young girls to kiss is a horrible thing that corrupts youth or whatever, but I really expected some kind of smooch to end the show... not an over-glorified handshake that is less sexual than the finger-sex found in Rinne.

Still, I think they made the perfect choice with Akane being the one to experience this. Especially since her power is basically fire. All dat passion!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 097

Goddammit Reuenthal I'm not supposed to be shedding manly tears for you. ;___;

FUCK YOU GRILLPALZER YOU FUCKING CUNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom