• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Now this I cant wait for impressions of.

I dunno. I doubt I'll have any kind of strong reaction one way or another. I remember about a year ago somebody was going through it, and I spoiled it at least to the effect that I know something
violent
is supposed to happen by the end. Also - I understand this show is known to induce rage. If I'm expecting to rage, I'll likely rage less, or not at all.

EDIT: Is this's shows controversy solely derived from the way viewers react to it? Or is it legit good?

Lain

Ginga e Kickoff!! 26

Sadly no game this time, but it was good to see Reika become a normal human being and stop looking like a conflated frog.
I wouldn't have taken Kota and Aoto for people
afraid of ghosts
but it was a nice idea to get them to start working together.

chuu 6

iywjHs0mxHWgA.gif

I honestly don't remember what happened in this eps at all.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Girls und Panzer 05

There is absolutely no doubt that Yukari is the best girl in this series. I find myself utterly bored, completely disinterested and honestly offended for about 90% of this show, the other 10% is when Yukari is the spotlight. She is truly the best. The show shifts from being a complete turd into a complete masterpiece, that was quite apparent in this episode as the Yukari focused segments were by far the best -
the reconnaissance scene was so utterly ridiculous and hilarious

I will also give credit to the show for establishing whatever that girls name is the
ability to text message at the speed of light a few episodes ago.
Nice bit of foreshadowing to some of the events this episode.

Also, JESUS. WHY.

jbug617

Banned
Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai! 6

Solid episode. I just think all the characters are likeable. I think that Kumin and Isshiki are the ones who stand out this episode but
the train scene with Yuuta and Rikka was good

I can't wait for the beach episode. You know all of them will end up going.

It's in my laptop all ready to go. Progress.
I dunno. I doubt I'll have any kind of strong reaction one way or another. I remember about a year ago somebody was going through it, and I spoiled it at least to the effect that I know something
violent
is supposed to happen by the end. Also - I understand this show is known to induce rage. If I'm expecting to rage, I'll likely rage less, or not at all.
I had that same thing spoiled, and if anything it enhanced my enjoyment of the show.
EDIT: Is this's shows controversy solely derived from the way viewers react to it? Or is it legit good?
It depends on your definition of "legit good," and how much credit you're willing to give the creators.

cajunator

Banned
violent

Pretty much if you have an idea whats going to happen, it takes the fun out of it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
violent

It's a bad show, only reason it gets any attention is for the shock value.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Pretty much if you have an idea whats going to happen, it takes the fun out of it.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Still willing to give it a shot. Anyways, I only have some vague idea of what happens. I can't fully remember what I spoiled for myself. Maybe I can convince mrs extollere to sit through it with me, and revel in her rage.

It's in my laptop all ready to go. Progress.

I had that same thing spoiled, and if anything it enhanced my enjoyment of the show.

It depends on your definition of "legit good," and how much credit you're willing to give the creators.

When it comes to anime, legit good is anything I find to be highly entertaining. Like, if I feel like I need to watch several episodes in a row. It can be a trashy show for all I care, as long as I can get into it. I don't mind being raged, that's part of the experience for me. Like Kirino, I hated her but I kept watching. Kuroneko had nothing to do with that decision. Okay, she did.

Instro

Chuunibyou 6

ibbbohTW06Z6Kv.gif

Deko continues to show why she is the best.

Hell of a fun episode, had a blast watching Chuuni this week. It felt like every character was on their game for this one, each one had their moments and everyone was playing off each other in hilarious fashion. Particularly Deko and Nibutani, whose back and forth bickering has really improved the comedy sections of the show over the last few weeks. It really had me laughing quite a bit throughout this one and the timing with the a lot of the jokes, particularly the physical comedy, was really spot on. Plus the character animation was excellent, which made for some pretty over the top antics throughout the episode. Truly enjoyable, one of the better comedy episodes in an anime that I have seen in some time.

When it comes to anime, legit good is anything I find to be highly entertaining. Like, if I feel like I need to watch several episodes in a row. It can be a trashy show for all I care, as long as I can get into it. I don't mind being raged, that's part of the experience for me. Like Kirino, I hated her but I kept watching. Kuroneko had nothing to do with that decision. Okay, she did.
Well, I don't want to oversell it, so I'll just say that if you're looking for a show that makes you want to keep watching, then I think you'll be satisfied. Several people here have watched the whole thing in one sitting.

Then again, you've got people like Envelope, uchip, et al who are quite vocally negative about it. Really, you should just watch it!

Jex

Hyouka 22 Chuu2 6

TIYPEl.jpg

Indeed!

So I didn't mind a wacky hijinks episode, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they resolve or touch on the whole Rika arc.

I also still find it weird that the show sits somewhere in between Nichijou and Hyouka/K-On in terms of realism/seriousness. It's an interesting dichotomy between some of the serious issues of isolation and social stigma and the cartoony and silly nature of some of the character reactions in the show. The battle of the two "Moris" being the biggest example of this anyway.

"Still, fun show is fun, etc." -Yui.
What is this nonsense.

Time for a pachinko game adaptation.

The music company Nippon Columbia revealed on Thursday that CR Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman, the pachinko game with original character designs by Lupin III creator Monkey Punch, is getting a television anime series that will premiere on January 7, 2013. The game's story follows Roman, a phantom thief who operates at night in the Genroku era (1688-1704) of Bakumatsu, the time that spelled the end of the shoguns' rule over Japan.

Yukino is performing the opening theme song "RanTiKi," while fellow Nippon Columbia artist Hige is performing the ending theme song "Zarathustra."

The anime will premiere on TV Tokyo on Monday January 7 at 26:05 (effectively Tuesday, January 8 at 2:05 a.m.), and it will also run on TV Tokyo's affiliate stations as well as on AT-X.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

I disagree. From my situation, playing the game before hand and then finding out that the anime was going to follow a
bad end
made it far more enjoyable.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Still willing to give it a shot. Anyways, I only have some vague idea of what happens. I can't fully remember what I spoiled for myself. Maybe I can convince mrs extollere to sit through it with me, and revel in her rage.

I know what you mean.
Maybe you should watch it after all.
As for Kuroneko, you know how much Im a fan of her :D

Articalys

Medaka Box Abnormal 5
Four and a half chapters this time, to fit in the entire fight. They did a good job with it and Kamiyan was great as Munakata.

Finally, next week we get Naze. Absolutely cannot wait.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I feel like Kumin really doesn't belong in that group for some reason. She just feels extremely out of place.

wonzo

Banned
Girls und Panzer 5

This show is an illegal amount of fun. Yukari owns, the battle owned, the CG owns, the dirty westaboos own, the revolving ED owns, and even the goddamn restaurant with the cute little serving vehicles owns. EVERYTHING FUCKING OWNS!

well, everything except next week ;_;

Kazzy

Medaka Box Abnormal 5

Four and a half chapters this time, to fit in the entire fight. They did a good job with it and Kamiyan was great as Munakata.

Finally, next week we get Naze. Absolutely cannot wait.

One episode, huh? I thought they might have taken long with this fight.

I'm the same, it's what I've been waiting for too. Naze is awesome.

Also, look at how great the Chuunibyou volume 1 cover art is:

And I think someone mentioned it before, but those patterns are printed in some shiny ink or something:

That's cool, if anyone regularly shells out for the those prices, at least they have something to show for it.

I'm like three episodes behind on Chuunibyou now, but at least that means I can watch them all in one sitting! Looking forward to it.

Kazzy

The US is going to get some infinitely shittier cover art abomination when it comes out here :(

I love me some fancy packaging, but the gulf in prices kind of renders it a moot point for me. That, and when you actually have to take stock of all this stuff, you start to realize how superfluous it all is.

Maybe I'm just salty, now that I've started moving my entire DVD collection into binders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom