• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Medaka Box Abnormal 5

Four and a half chapters this time, to fit in the entire fight. They did a good job with it and Kamiyan was great as Munakata.

Finally, next week we get Naze. Absolutely cannot wait.

One episode, huh? I thought they might have taken long with this fight.

I'm the same, it's what I've been waiting for too. Naze is awesome.

Nazebros.

Can't wait to watch this weeks episode though,this fight is pretty much the reason I started watching it without bothering to finish season 1.

fertygo

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - 06

Amazing episode, its just incredibly funny.. The jokes even more exaggerated than the usual hipster act, with over dramatic dialogue and such. Probably this is my favorite episode yet.

Dresden

chuuni - 06

Keeps getting better and better.

If this episode didn't cement for you why Nibutani is the best girl in the club, you probably hate America, and by extension, you probably also hate guns, puppies, God, and freedom.

jman2050

Or the teacher sucks at teaching.

Expanding factors should take like, ten minutes tops to teach!

My perspective may or may not be warped from finding every math subject I've ever studied mind-numbingly easy, so I make no guarantees that I'm not talking out of my bum!

cajunator

Banned
I love me some fancy packaging, but the gulf in prices kind of renders it a moot point for me. That, and when you actually have to take stock of all this stuff, you start to realize how superfluous it all is.

Maybe I'm just salty, now that I've started moving my entire DVD collection into binders.

Definitely I dont buy volume by volume anymore if I can help it.
Collection is already too big.
However I still love a good artbox, like Fate Zero and Madoka Magica provided.

wonzo

Banned
HidaSketch x Honeycomb 3
hidasketchxhoney3.jpg
hidasketchxhoney3a.jpg

typhoon moe and goddamn private schools flaunting their shit #occupyyamabuki

Saw the first episode of Chuunibyo today and it certainly has a strong impact. That was a hell of a way for the two main characters to meet lol. I would have watched another episode before going to sleep, but it seems like there are several subscription services one has to sign up to in order to view a wide selection of shows. I'll definitely be looking forward to watching Chuunibyo down the road.

Grzi

Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - 06

Another great episode, didn't expect Isshiki to get an entire episode for himself but it didn't disappoint, it was pretty funny, but next week seems to be the real deal, can't wait.

Maedhros

I feel like Kumin really doesn't belong in that group for some reason. She just feels extremely out of place.

That's because she does FUCKING NOTHING.

I don't like anyone specially in this show outside the little imouto. But this fucking girl... ugh, she's so bad that makes the others look good.

Kazzy

Doing things, character interaction. How a character who only sleeps 99% of the time can be any good?

Why? Not everyone has to be a walking plot device, and I think you're overstating your point just a tad. She is good, and most seem to like her.

Maedhros

Why? Not everyone has to be a walking plot device, and I think you're overstating your point just a tad. She is good, and most seem to like her.

So, is she good just because? That's bullshit.

I can understand why people like the other ones, because they actually do something. They do their crazy antics, they interact with the others. Nothing to do with the plot, which is almost non-existant in this show.

Kumin only... sleeps? To be fair, she say one or two words sometimes, maybe people think she's good because of these moments...

Kazzy

So, is she good just because? That's bullshit.

But I never said that, I was just refuting the claim that a character always has to have an express purpose for simply being. Sure, she sleeps a lot, but it is hardly her sole characteristic. If anything, her involvement just shines a light of varying levels of delusion that exist between the group.
Because they all exhibit those signs, lets be honest.

cajunator

Banned
And that's exactly why I hate anime fans sometimes...

Doing things, character interaction. How a character who only sleeps 99% of the time can be any good?

She's window dressing there to be cute.
Also shes basically placeholder #5 to keep the club alive.
Kyo ani uses characters sometimes just for pandering.

Maedhros

But I never said that, I was just refuting the claim that a character always has to have an express purpose for simply being. Sure, she sleeps a lot, but it is hardly her defining characteristic. If anything, her involvement just shines a light of varying levels of delusion that exist between the group.
Because they all exhibit those signs, lets be honest.

What's the reason for a character to exist if they don't interact? What makes her different from a furniture or a tree?

Can you understand where I'm coming from? Rikka, Dekkomori, Shinka and the MC all interacts, have daily problems, etc. So we can actually judge/give value for them.

Kumin's lite episode gave a very interesting perspective on all the chuuni-madness going on.

The perspective she gave was actually pretty on your face considering only the interactions. It wasn't really necessary... at least she's aware like we're supposed to be.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
She's window dressing there to be cute.
Also shes basically placeholder #5 to keep the club alive.
Kyo ani uses characters sometimes just for pandering.

She's a cute facilitator, and basically acts as the voice of "reason" by occasionally pointing out to Yuuta and Nibutani when they get all "Chuu2 is so fucking embarrassing I want to die!" that it's not nearly as bad as they're making it out to be. Granted, Rikka and Dekomori take it to extremes, the overall theme of her message that "having some fun isn't a bad thing" isn't all that problematic.

Overall she just finds the group amusing, so she hangs out with them. Plus, napping.

Defuser

Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai! ep 6
Poor Ishiki. Lost the hair, lost the girl, probably lost all respect from his female classmates and a receive devotion gratitude from the guys which is useless because it doesn't get the girls. Nibutani is awesome when Dekomori is involved.

You know I thought that Yuuta & Nibutani interaction would have increased after she join the circle given the past 4 episodes have some emphasis between the 2 not to mention Yuuta's dream of her but it turns out to be nearly non-existent anymore once Dekomori enters into the picture.

Maedhros

Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai! ep 5
Poor Ishiki. Lost the hair, lost the girl, probably lost all respect from his female classmates and a receive devotion gratitude from the guys which is useless because it doesn't get the girls. Nibutani is awesome when Dekomori is involved.

You know I thought that Yuuta & Nibutani interaction would have increased after she join the circle given the past 4 episodes have some emphasis between the 2 not to mention Yuuta's dream of her but it turns out to be nearly non-existent anymore once Dekomori enters into the picture.

I actually liked that she doesn't even care about Yuuta... Rikka is everything he needs anyway.

Articalys

Hmm, looks like Nurarihyon no Mago gets to go out with one final OVA in a blaze of glory.
This year's 50th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that the limited edition of Hiroshi Shiibashi's 25th and final Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan manga volume will bundle an anime DVD on March 4, 2013. Shiibashi himself is supervising this new anime project which will tell the anticipated secret origin of the Nura clan. The limited edition will also include an exclusive postcard. The first anime DVD to be bundled with the manga will arrive with the 24th manga volume next month.

Maedhros

That's why I can't teach people... if I've had some friend who actually had problems with something so fucking basic, I would probably tell them that they were too dumb or even worse insults... =/

cjkeats

In the last episode of Pet Girl, I recited the Quadratic formula along with her. That will forever be ingrained into my brain (along with the code to make the app for the ti-83 to do it all for me). It helps that I like math.

I almost want to do that math sheet for fun because it's so slow at work this morning.

Grzi

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - 06

Pretty good episode, but I smell drama, which could be a bad thing.
The art and animation were great again, which made me happy.

Chuunibyou_Demo_Koi_ga_Shitai!_-_06
man i haven't laughed so hard in a while
There wasn't big delusions this time but dekomori vs nibutani is really something else.

i noted a devilish attention to detail in some scenes( kyo ani style) ..man they really are something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom