• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Polar Bear Cafe 32
polarbear32.jpg
polarbear32a.jpg
polarbear32b.jpg
polarbear32c.jpg

In this episode, Polar Bear lets two of his many side jobs slip and the penguins try to appeal to nerds with the power of Linux and Sentai.

Kagami

Is this's shows controversy solely derived from the way viewers react to it? Or is it legit good?
It's a fun show.
Certainly being surprised is part of it, but I'd already played the game as well as been spoiled on the TV series ending before I saw it, and I still really enjoyed it. I've watched it three times.

Zetsuen no Tempest 06

Thank you show for introducing him.

Very good job. Not just in adaptation and creating new material for a better flow of the story, but just everything about this episode was really well done. The burst of action was good, the rearranging of events works well and is pushing quite hard for the anime being the superior version.

cajunator

Banned
Chuunibyo 06

Isshiki did what had to be done, and he paid the price.
More silly chuunibyo antics and fun sakuga of Nibutani wailing on Dekomori.
Not sure what direction its all going but I love the craziness.
Sister is still best girl.
Also, this episode was severely lacking in "Au".

Little tidbit about The Flowers of Evil anime: the production studio ZEXCS says it'll use a production "process that is completely different from the traditional one." I wonder what this could mean...

It is made from the ground up bones of animators who didnt make the cut probably.
Recycle!

PSYCHO-PASS 05

That was a fun episode. Actual detective work going on, super funky visuals, it was pretty engrossing and fun to just watch. In fact, the whole mind trip visual flare was awesome and really helped with the closing of the case and more about the villain's perspective instead of infodumping.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Some of Hulu's descriptions for these shows are making me laugh my ass off. Here are the worst ones:

-Girls Bravo
Watch this. This is one of my standard recommendations. It's has an Official BGBW Seal of Approval.

The US is going to get some infinitely shittier cover art abomination when it comes out here :(
And in the UK it will come on a DVD-R with the title scrawled on with a pen and each episode is 240p so they can all fit. You can only buy it by buying copies of the Daily Mail and collecting cut out tokens.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - 06

Amazing episode, its just incredibly funny.. The jokes even more exaggerated than the usual hipster act, with over dramatic dialogue and such. Probably this is my favorite episode yet.
Ho ho ho, did someone say hipster?

chuuni - 06

Keeps getting better and better.

If this episode didn't cement for you why Nibutani is the best girl in the club, you probably hate America, and by extension, you probably also hate guns, puppies, God, and freedom.
How did you guess?

Help me clear my backlog GAF!

What should I watch first?

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/EtrianFOE&status=6&order=0
I don't care if it isn't on your list, I recommend Girls Bravo. It has an Official BGBW Seal of Approval.

And now, a brief interview with Henry Goto, Aniplex of America president. Covering such topics as Aniplex USA's release model, success standards, and customer base.
Ah so he thinks cheap plastic trinkets sold at a premium price is a good thing. Good thing the UK market seems to be taking the logical route of just releasing the complete show in a bog standard set at a reasonable price.

In all the years I've been forcing encouraging people to watch School Days I don't think I've seen anyone come out the other side saying it was legitimately good.
Taken as a whole the show is pretty crap. Getting overly angry at it is the only way to get enjoyment out of it. If I had just watched it on my lonesome rather than for AnimeGAF I wouldn't have enjoyed it at all.

duckroll

Ah so he thinks cheap plastic trinkets sold at a premium price is a good thing. Good thing the UK market seems to be taking the logical route of just releasing the complete show in a bog standard set at a reasonable price.

Are you talking about the same UK market where even some high profile shows don't get blu-ray releases or get incomplete blu-ray releases because it has become impossible to make money back from the release? Sounds like a great market!

Kazzy

Are you talking about the same UK market where even some high profile shows don't get blu-ray releases or get incomplete blu-ray releases because it has become impossible to make money back from the release? Sounds like a great market!

Oh, come on! Now that's just mean!

Go_Ly_Dow

Chuunibyou - 6

Oh my, what a fun episode. Kyoani really pulled out the stops in the animation department. With this and Hyouka in the same year they really are on another level.

Ishiki went above and beyond the call of duty for his bro's ;_;

Some of the most touching scenes in anime history :(

K 06

This episode went confusing flashback city.

But, at least it finally managed to vaguely and not fully explain everything til the end of all the flashbacks, something about the story.

At least next week, looks like it's going into the lack of personal space action time again.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess! 1

I'm not sure how much of this show I really intend to watch. I just wanted to watch to see a guy summon a goddess while ordering a pizza. Frankly, this episode wasn't nearly as absurd and hilarious as I'd hoped. It was mostly just a loser who spends his day losing. And that phone call thing turned out to be divine intervention or some shit, not just a guy randomly picking up the phone and summoning a goddess like I thought. Oh well.

Ah! My Goddess! 1

I'm not sure how much of this show I really intend to watch. I just wanted to watch to see a guy summon a goddess while ordering a pizza. Frankly, this episode wasn't nearly as absurd and hilarious as I'd hoped. It was mostly just a loser who spends his day losing. And that phone call thing turned out to be divine intervention or some shit, not just a guy randomly picking up the phone and summoning a goddess like I thought. Oh well.

Pretty good show overall.

cajunator

Banned
Ah! My Goddess! 1

Its a great show, but the TV series goes much more into detail with the story and the club, bugs, etc.
The OVA + movie does a pretty good job with about 5 episodes though.
It was a show more relevant before a million other haremshits were produced and diluted the idea.

Syrinx

Its a great show, but the TV series goes much more into detail with the story.
The OVA + movie does a pretty good job with about 5 episodes though.
It was a show more relevant before a million other haremshits were produced and diluted the idea.

I'm confused; am I not watching the TV series? I'm pretty sure I am.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, that was the song. It was typical length for an episode; about 22-23 minutes or so.

Yeah it fleshed out a lot of stuff that the ovas couldnt.
Its a good watch.
Although the jokes and antics might wear thin over time.
Skuld is adorable and Urd is hot as fuck.

Syrinx

Yeah it fleshed out a lot of stuff that the ovas couldnt.
Its a good watch.
Although the jokes and antics might wear thin over time.
Skuld is adorable and Urd is hot as fuck.

Only watched the first episode so I don't know what those words mean. Goddesses, I assume?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
As usual, Funimation has a new seasonal survey up for Autumn. Give your input for the R1 industry here:

https://s.zoomerang.com/s/funimationfallsurvey

Also, 10 lucky respondents each win a pair of BD/DVDs of their choice, one for you and one for a friend.

Filled it out. Basically made my point quite clear. "No BluRay, no sale"

Wish I could have said that on a Sentai Filmworks one though.

Hayate no gotoku -06

I dunno what to think about this episode .. in term of animation it was below average ..
in term of references there was only 2 ( one TWGOK by the way )
it wasn't funny .. ( at best you might consider tsugumi being cute )..

It's still not a bad anime but it's still a weird season ..at least there seems to have a nice plot ( cannon plot even ) hidden behind all of these things ...

i have nothing about plot..but hayate no gotoku should be funny ... this season is not ... and that's a real problem..

Syrinx

Yeah the main goddesses are Belldandy, Urd, and Skuld.
Youll like all of them.

I'll admit that when Belldandy said that her duty was to serve what's-that-buttbag's-name and that his wish was her command, impure thoughts entered my head. But they were purely empirical, wondering if she would really do it.

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I BECOME?! YOU'VE BROKEN ME, ANIME-GAF! ARE YOU HAPPY?! ARE YOU FUCKING HAPPY?!

Back to homework and Queen.
And gaffing.

Kagami

As usual, Funimation has a new seasonal survey up for Autumn. Give your input for the R1 industry here:

https://s.zoomerang.com/s/funimationfallsurvey

Also, 10 lucky respondents each win a pair of BD/DVDs of their choice, one for you and one for a friend.

Is it just me or did the address info request at the end not include a street address?
And it didn't ask for a phone number or an email address (except separately for the newsletter). I figured there'd be more after that but then it suddenly ended.
Not sure how they'd find me from just state and zip.

Was there any place for general comments?
I wanted to comment on their streaming service but I didn't see a place to do it.
Also their reasons for not having an elite subscription didn't include, "not enough titles I want to see."

Anyway I filled it out as someone who doesn't buy DVD/BD at all and only watches streams, since that seemed to make the most sense as far as Funi's market goes.

Is it just me or did the address info request at the end not include a street address?
And it didn't ask for a phone number or an email address (except separately for the newsletter). I figured there'd be more after that but then it suddenly ended.
Not sure how they'd find me from just state and zip.
Indeed. The whole thing was a bit dodgy, like some random Funi dude just made it for funsies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom