• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Blasty no Tempest 02

Another really enjoyable episode. This show is like what Guilty Crown should have been mixed in with some Darker than Black with the yaoi undertones of No. 6. The story is really interesting and the fights are a blasty to watch, this show has a really great atmosphere to it and it looks really nice.

But um what the hell is going on in the ending? I am so confused. That is supposed to be a girl right? But its like clearly a dude with a huge beard walking around. Why.

Jex

[Blast of Tempest] - 6: THE PARADOX OF THE SKULL

Hidden character motivations, please step to the front this episode!

Well, now that I've managed to (mostly) recover from the World Series heartbreak, I'm ready to dive back into anime and try to catch up on the past three plus months of stuff.

So, for starters:

From the New World 1:
A strong opening episode which sets up a premise which is both intriguing and mysterious, and gives us a rather unique world view. The characters, such as they are in this introductory episode, seem like they have potential, and towards the end we get some strong and emotional moments. Mixed in with everything we get to see some of how the kids in this world are spending their time, and how they perceive the world around them. It's interesting, and leaves me wanting to find out more about the circumstances going on here.

Plus, I would be remiss if I didn't compliment the music which really gives the episode a nice atmosphere, and the excellent use of color throughout various different scenes. There's a lot of good contrasting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yuri Strike Witches: The Movie

44ct4l.jpg

So yeah, I don't know why I watched this, other than I watched the second season, but there it is. lol

I think an interesting experiment would be to count the number of times they had a close up one of the girls' crotches/pantsu. I think I lost count at around 20 or so, but I'm sure there's much more. I think I died a little inside every time I saw one of those shots. :p

Not that I remember anything specific about the story of the second season, but it didn't tread new ground.
The main girl is still the bestest and awesomest Witch, to the point where they do the whole self-sacrifice thing again. Then they just retcon the second season and give her super Witch powers again.

It's so weird, because it felt like... well, what amounted to a pilot episode. Then I saw this:
h8P3Pl.jpg

So it all makes sense now. :p

I guess if Girls and Panzer and Upotte can happen, you might as well bring back the original moe+military fetishist franchise. It also explains why they introduced a random number of new characters for no real reason. So many new girls to pimp out merchandise!

Oh yeah, there are also bears.
kS9W8l.jpg

(In the tradition of Polar Bear Cafe, insert "bear back" joke here.)

Gintama' 221

Jugem Jugem Shit-Tossing the Life of Shin-chan's Two-Day-Old Underwear Balmung Fexalion Issac Schneider 1/3 True Love 2/3 Hangnail Anxiety Betrayal Knows My Name Or Does It Really Ignore Calls Squid Dogfish Halibut Trout-Cod Dogfish... This Is a Different Dogfish, I'm Talking About The Dogfish Shark Kaluga Angler Ray Yuuteimiyaoukimukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe Runny Diarrhea is really cute.

Glad this is suddenly became a mini-arc too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gintama' 221

Jugem Jugem Shit-Tossing the Life of Shin-chan's Two-Day-Old Underwear Balmung Fexalion Issac Schneider 1/3 True Love 2/3 Hangnail Anxiety Betrayal Knows My Name Or Does It Really Ignore Calls Squid Dogfish Halibut Trout-Cod Dogfish... This Is a Different Dogfish, I'm Talking About The Dogfish Shark Kaluga Angler Ray Yuuteimiyaoukimukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe Runny Diarrhea is really cute.

Glad this is suddenly became a mini-arc too.

All I will say is that the pay off to this joke is fucking amazing. If you managed to avoid spoilers, you'll have your mind blown.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Blast of Tempest 6

What was a really boring and mundane event in the manga was blown to proportions seemingly indescribable. Somehow Bones was able to take a simple event of Yoshino talking with the agent into a large event. It really shows the potential this show has considering the source material tends to be boring most, if not all, of the time. Bones takes the essential plot points in the narrative and works around it creatively to create an interesting, compelling, and cohesive episode from beginning to end. The approach to the problem that our duo is faced with is executed well and how the conflict was resolved at the end was done spectacularly to set up for the next episode. While juggling all of these, the show somehow manages to add layers of mystery to the plot allowing for more greatness to come. This show is a testament to how studios don't have to be bogged down to the source material and stick to it as well as how it can be loosely translated to be something truly outstanding.

yami4ct

Well, now that I've managed to (mostly) recover from the World Series heartbreak, I'm ready to dive back into anime and try to catch up on the past three plus months of stuff.

So, for starters:

From the New World 1:
A strong opening episode which sets up a premise which is both intriguing and mysterious, and gives us a rather unique world view. The characters, such as they are in this introductory episode, seem like they have potential, and towards the end we get some strong and emotional moments. Mixed in with everything we get to see some of how the kids in this world are spending their time, and how they perceive the world around them. It's interesting, and leaves me wanting to find out more about the circumstances going on here.

Plus, I would be remiss if I didn't compliment the music which really gives the episode a nice atmosphere, and the excellent use of color throughout various different scenes. There's a lot of good contrasting.

As someone who lives not too far from Detroit and goes to college even closer, I feel ya man. I don't even like baseball and that one really hurt.

Whoever is for some reason afraid of an anime fan purging on this forum.
It will never come to that.

If it did come to that, I'm fairly confident in my ability to masquerade as a normy. Worst comes to worst, I can just sell you guys out like the traitor I am.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I saw the first season of this. Your screen shot just motivated me to watch the 2nd and then the movie. :D
It's more low quality yuri for the yuri peasants! ;)

(It's around Saki level, really.)

One thing about Strike Witches - I still find it odd that the men wear pants but the girls don't. But why not, I suppose. lol

duckroll

Medaka Box Abnormal - Episode 5

wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords.

Can you see how many swords are hidden behind those words? No? Neither can I! But it's okay, I'll just KICK them all away! Punch, kick, block, grab, kick. Bam, boom, aeigiapojgafka. I dunno how Nisio comes up with these ridiculous scenarios, but after my brain tried to process all the garbage talking this week, I really feel the urge to KILL someone. Because people die when they're killed. It happens. Yeah!!

X82ry.jpg

I don't think any of the characters in this show can be understood...

Soma

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 06

Yep, still the most enjoyable show for me this season.

Seems like there's some possible drama going on with
that tense phone call with Touka and her requesting Yuuta to go to the beach with them.

Psycho-Pass Episode 05

Yep, still underwhe- no actually this episode was pretty good.

I thought the ongoing case was pretty interesting and this episode concluded it very nicely. The police procedural scenes were pretty cool and the second half was great as the action reached its climax. The end scene regarding
Shinya's past
was interesting too. It's a shame the character designs look so bad in a lot of scenes though, especially Akane in particular.

Medaka Box Abnormal Episode 05

Yep, still shounen Nisio as fuck.

Really fun episode as it's definitely one of my favorite fights from the Flask Plan arc. Next episode the second best girl in the series shows up finally!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
It's a show staring like only girls with no pants.

Strange you didn't keep watching.

A question I decided to investigate. Found out that I finished the first season back in April '09, also a time when I was getting ready for finals. :lol

Must've slipped my mind afterwards. Oh well, will right this wrong in due time.

It's more low quality yuri for the yuri peasants! ;)

(It's around Saki level, really.)

One thing about Strike Witches - I still find it odd that the men wear pants but the girls don't. But why not, I suppose. lol

I'ma cut you. :p

And thank goodness the men wear pants. No bulges in my combat yuri. :D

=============================

Smile Precure - 25

ngbkr.png
DWfCS.png

ftW3b.png
fdN2p.png

Not even the freezing cold can keep these two apart. OTP represent!

I was wondering when there was going to be an episode focused solely on the two of them. Seeing the two go at it in various competitions and carrying their grudge match into the boss fight was fun to watch. I was a little bummed that they didn't create
a new technique when they noticed that they could combine their powers. I was hoping for an epic yuri firestorm to melt away that Super Akanbe in a flash.

Novid

Banned
Hell. Freezes. Over. (and yes, you can tell me if its old)

Victoria Secret, in there strange and kooky (can we say strange and kooky way in the same sentence conserning these folks Ok? Ok..)

...has desided that they couldnt hide no more that some in there ranks are closed dojin lovers...

Kotaku has shown this that will air on CBS (or CW not sure) on Thanksgiving Weekend...

http://kotaku.com/5959109/victorias-secret-features-an-unexpected-anime-inspiration

Yes. Thats a black chick.

Cosplaying as Rei. The billion dollar moe queen.

With Justin "I HATE ANIME" Bieber singing his "Naruto" inspired SONG in the back ground.

Long Con Exposed.

Victoria Secret, in there strange and kooky (can we say strange and kooky way in the same sentence conserning these folks Ok? Ok..)

...has desided that they couldnt hide no more that some in there ranks are closed dojin lovers...

Kotaku has shown this that will air on CBS (or CW not sure) on Thanksgiving Weekend...

http://kotaku.com/5959109/victorias-secret-features-an-unexpected-anime-inspiration

With Justin "I HATE ANIME" Bieber singing his "Naruto" inspired SONG in the back ground.

Long Con Exposed.

Not sure if want.

Dresden

Long Con Exposed.
What's wrong with a black woman dressing up as Rei?

Long Con Exposed.
...is she doing the robot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom