• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep,

also love me some Higurashi Face.

if only more anime could be like it.
http://www.chihiro-subs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/kon12.png

Is that K-On gone mad? Nah, I want more anime with Shafts head tilt lol.

Qb4xy.jpg

Defuser

Aguirre was King Jimmy Rustler of the Funny Pics threads. His original claim to infamy was constantly posting, referencing, and urging others to post this picture for reasons unknown. After cementing himself as a monster in the eyes' of many of the threads' inhabitants, he began replying to every post about himself with kawaii uguu~ anime and kpop reaction images. This brought the anime-hate out of slumber and out of the woodwork, including one of everyone's favorite negative associations. Amidst an immutable torrent of whiney shitposting from his detractors, Aguirre was finally temp-banned.

Now, what does that actually have to do with you and the anime thread? I'm not really sure. While likeable to some such as myself, Aguirre was a troll in form and function. It's not like he was simply banned for making some anime-themed posts.
A temp ban only? Should have been a perm.

Grzi

Angel Beats 3-6

A big fat MEH.

I was still surprised by the fact that certain scenes have some decent animation in them. Oh shit!
Too bad the character designs are the worst ever.

exactly!
and the show takes itself seriously despite that

I like though that once stuff start going down they can do creepy pretty well then bounce right back into the silly stuff.

I still don't like Higurashi though. Bad art and animation style, characters are freaky and the curse thing just isn't interesting enough.

i'm waiting to see what you'll think from the end of season 1 till the end of 2.

Kazzy

Medaka Box Abnormal - 5

They didn't disappoint with the Munakata fight! He is every bit as ridiculous that he was in the manga, and I had forgotten just how crazy awesome his rationale actually is. All those goofy lines are still intact, which still amuse me.
I guess they're not touching the Kumagawa references, huh? I don't know why, but I was surprised that they kept that flashback scene intact. I guess it will make for a nice cliffhanger if they end it on his entrance in the hallway, though. That would be glorious, and the kind of expected trolling that I've come to expect.

I have enjoyed the preceding episodes to varying degrees, and naturally, it's starting to feel like it's hitting that stride, now that the fights have finally gotten under way. I look forward to the nest episodes.
NAZE!

And they've really softened Madeka's face, haven't they? She always looks as though she's pouting in most shots.

That's the stuff of nightmares!

BluWacky

Anyone know when we should be getting new info about the Steins;Gate movie?

Co-incidentally, the film's website updated yesterday, but only to announce more cinemas where the film will be shown and some random bonuses you get with tickets.

The film's still scheduled for Spring 2013, but that's about it beyond the news that the film will have an original ending.

Kazzy

Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - 4

Well, it probably was the hardest thing to deduce, but I guess I was right about Shinka's sudden appearance . She is pretty much a bitch though, so it's just as well that Dekomori makes up for that in spades! I get a kick out of all her little inflections, and her insistence on forcing death into every other sentence. Oh, and Yuuta finally has someone who will troll him back!

I liked the foreshadowing with the visual novel that Yuuta was playing, trust your instincts! I guess Shinka's past means they finally do have some common-ground, although I still don't like her all that much. Though, I can see why everyone seems to be so high on the dynamic between her and Dekomori, this looks like it could be fun!

Yuuta's just an old romantic!

Maedhros

Do you hate the moe "look" or the moe behavior?

Forced look and forced behavior. Moe only for sales. Sometimes, moe works, like in Tonari. Most of the time, it don't do nothing for me, like Chuunibyou and other series with focus on moe.

So, when I say moe, I'm talking about the pandering type. Moe by itself, isn't good or bad. It can be anything, really.

cajunator

Banned
Forced look and forced behavior. Moe only for sales. Sometimes, moe works, like in Tonari. Most of the time, it don't do nothing for me, like Chuunibyou and other series with focus on moe.

So, when I say moe, I'm talking about the pandering type. Moe by itself, isn't good or bad. It can be anything, really.

So basically you don't mind if characters look cute so long as they have a purpose?

Pooya

Zetsuen no Tempest - 6

irt9txacxoab3.JPG

Looks like Mahiro hasn't heard that:

iyng43XTRKRMb.jpg

still throughly enjoy watching this. awesome all around, I like the crazy plot too :D

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Blasty no Tempest 03

So I'm getting two very, very different feelings from this show after this episode.

On the one hand this show has such a well polished look and just oozes atmosphere, the battle scenes have a nice level of tension and are visually interesting, the characters have a lot of intrigue but in the end it creates a vibe of a world that is far more interesting than whats actually going on in the story right now. Honestly everything great about this show is looking like its in spite of its source material rather than from it.

I'll still hold out hope for the payoff but I already know I'm probably going to turn on this show soon enough. But its two episodes in a row now where I felt like the series is being held back by something and its probably the source material since everything else about this show feels so good.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 31
i learned something today ...
Never hurt a yandere face

because let's face it ..she is the textbook definition of yandere ..
  • was saved by the man she has fallen to afterwards
  • copied said man moves ( better than the son who is said to be a genuis at this )
  • hates the woman the man trully fell in love with
  • out of spite, start to prey of the son

wBwaKl.jpg

a classic and unitresting way to fight
The fight itself was every bit disapointing as i was expecting ..lots of cheap angles and lots of far away scenes ..it was flashy but kinda boring..

Yuna arrived at the cancer house?
if it's as creepy as the other one , it should be fun

Articalys

Oh hey, we've got a PV for the upcoming Kotoura-san 4koma adaptation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx5dV6vUBIc
plot reminder (for a certain level of "plot") said:
The anime will adapt Enogizu's four-panel online romantic comedy manga of the same name. The school fantasy story follows Haruka Kotoura, a girl who recently transfered to a new school. Kotoura happens to be able to read people's minds, and she joins the school's ESP club.
And yes, Kana Hanazawa is in this show too.

Zetsuen no Tempest - 6

http://i.minus.com/irt9txacxoab3.JPG[IMG]

Looks like Mahiro hasn't heard that:

[img]http://i.minus.com/iyng43XTRKRMb.jpg[img]

still throughly enjoy watching this. awesome all around, [B]I like the crazy plot too[/B] :D[/QUOTE]
It get crazier later on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom