• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
If I've got time to watch only one of the new anime (the only ones that seem interesting are Psyco-Pass, Btooom and From the New World), which should it be?
I'm inclined towards whichever is most depressing.

Articalys

Is it?

buy 9 volumes of a 26 episodes show and you will get a bonus episode it's not that crazy.
True, it doesn't change much from the fact that most of the time, when a show has a BD-only episode on the last volume, everyone that buys it has probably already bought the rest of the series too, but it's the first time that they've explicitly required you to buy the full series, as far as I know.

It'll probably just be some fanservice thing anyway.

Kazzy

Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - 5

qpmqQ.jpg

Dekomori is an idiot-savant, I should have seen that coming. No one can be this stupid, without being at least somewhat aware.

But we're back to Rikka, and she isn't so fortunate on the dumb luck scale, as she has to drag her grades. Naturally, she embellishes everything, looking for an excuse not to do any work. There have already been little hints that her façade has been peeling away, like her not so subtle reactions to Yuuta's relationship with Shinka. So it was nice that we actually got some form of acknowledge from Rikka herself. And even though it's safe to assume someone acting like this wouldn't exactly be the most popular, it was still sad when she revealed just how insular her life is. Aw!

Now that Rikka looks to Yuuta for guidance, I'm enjoying that her interactions are gradually becoming much more overt (and a little normal). It was kind of sweet how forced her little "thanks" eventually was. Touka continues to be great, despite the very little we actually get to see of her, so I wonder if she will become a bigger presence as the show progresses,
I want an encounter with Shinka.

And the teacher, damn! She is some sort of passive aggressive puppet-master.

wonzo

Banned
Kanon (2002) *8,919 (7, not including Fan Disc) (Toei Animation)
2002/04/01 *9,665 Vol. 1 (One epsiode)
2002/05/05 10,217 Vol. 2 (Two episodes up to Vol. 7)
2002/06/07 *9,045 Vol. 3
2002/07/05 *9,194 Vol. 4
2002/08/02 *8,278 Vol. 5
2002/09/06 *7,491 Vol. 6
2002/10/02 *8,546 Vol. 7
2003/08/12 *2,531 Fan Disc​

key fans will buy literally anything

If I've got time to watch only one of the new anime (the only ones that seem interesting are Psyco-Pass, Btooom and From the New World), which should it be?
I'm inclined towards whichever is most depressing.
magi's pretty depressing thanks to yoshino shitting all over the source material

Zetsuen no Tempest The Civilization Blaster - 06

mCr0Ul.jpg

no you don't that's what make you intresting

i think i'm impressed how they handle the adaptation of the manga ..they really add just what's need and not too much ..all while following the manga storyline.. animation was good this ep as well so i'm really and trully satisfied.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - 4

I liked the foreshadowing with the visual novel that Yuuta was playing, trust your instincts! I guess Shinka's past means they finally do have some common-ground, although I still don't like her all that much. Though, I can see why everyone seems to be so high on the dynamic between her and Dekomori, this looks like it could be fun!http://i.imgur.com/oXKRs.jpg

Their chemistry could take out a city block. A truly powerful pairing you're witnessing right there.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Moe is a pretty stupid word that gets tossed around too much on my opinion. The word is incredibly arbitrary too; everyone seems to consider every character in existence moe in some way or another.

If moe ever had a real meaning it has sorta lost it by now. Maybe that's just me though.

fertygo

Moe is a pretty stupid word that gets tossed around too much on my opinion. The word is incredibly arbitrary too; everyone seems to consider every character in existence moe in some way or another.

If moe ever had a real meaning it has sorta lost it by now. Maybe that's just me though.

Actually the word meant to got tossed around.

Uchip

Banned

its meaning is now vapid girly shows imo

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Whoever is for some reason afraid of an anime fan purging on this forum.
It will never come to that.

It's like you guys don't get that the whole "Tomat prophet of doom" thing is a joke.

But hey, it's not like this is the first time I've gotten jumped on here for participating in behavior that other people regularly do without complaint, so whatever.

Metrotab

Banned

Moe is not a character trait, but an audience response. So it is inherently subjective.

Tomat

Are you still Undercover Mad Pierrot? Bring back your god tier avatars!

MP is right by the way, none of the doom calling is serious.

Moe is not a character trait, but an audience response. So it is inherently subjective.
Well in that case it's kinda silly for some folks on the Internet to use the word so seriously when describing everything they hate about anime.

Uchip is probably right though.

anyone from DotA gaf is pure evil by default
This is pretty much a fact!

Metrotab

Banned
Well in that case it's kinda silly for some folks on the Internet to use the word so seriously when describing everything they hate about anime.

Most people dislike the proliferation of a certain character design paradigm (big eyes, small noses) combined with a perceived lack of action shounen anime. I have been told that both complaints are rooted in a nostalgic tunnel vision developed through Toonami/whatever's selection of anime to localise.

Ultimadrago

Dem pauses. Ash Roller is an unapologetic pervert.

It's like you guys don't get that the whole "Tomat prophet of doom" thing is a joke.

But hey, it's not like this is the first time I've gotten jumped on here for participating in behavior that other people regularly do without complaint, so whatever.

I got the joke, Mad P. Heck, I was one of the first to speak of Tomat the prophet!

Famous last words.

I will be the first to say "It wasn't really a joke..." when this time comes!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Angel Beats 3-6

A big fat MEH.

I was still surprised by the fact that certain scenes have some decent animation in them. Oh shit!
Too bad the character designs are the worst ever.

I didn't make it past 3 episodes, basically the same critique. Meh.

Ultimadrago

But Kaiji moe is real.

Kaiji 3-26[END]

Man, that
final bet
was hardcore. However, I found myself more engaged by the
Tonegawa
match than the
Hyoudou
match. The common
over-confidence = loss
quota (not uncommon for the genre) was again, easily spotted. This fact along with the
final
match and
gamble
made things all the more underwhelming when the actions are revealed afterwards. Overall, the series had much more emotion than that other baseball series I keep comparing it to. I'd say it was almost to a fault, as the show is packed with tears and reactions. I mean for tens of minutes at a time here! I found the main antagonist to be not horrible (in terms of writing), at least I found it interesting how both him and his subordinate credited their
experience and innate talent
on their wins through
cheating
. Anyways, the show was a pretty fun watch. Kaiji's genius and flawed logic put into play kept me watching intently.

I'll definitely give the second season a go sometime.

Grzi

Did you lose a bet? Why are you watching this?

I wanted to watch at least one Key adaptation so I know what people are talking about, and I decided to check this one out, since it's pretty short.

Plus, it was voted as the 7th best anime of 2010 by AnimeGAF members, you guys can't take that back!

I wanted to watch at least one Key adaptation so I know what people are talking about, and I decided to check this one out, since it's pretty short.

Plus, it was voted as the 7th best anime of 2010 by AnimeGAF members, you guys can't take that back!

dat hatewatch, good luck

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Dude watch one of the good ones. Clannad/AS is the best stuff KyoAni has ever done (especially the latter).

Angel Beats was okay. It's abut Air-tier.

jbug617

Banned
Zetsuen No Tempest: The Civilization Blaster 6

I think the story has lost me now.
So the person who Hakaze trusts thinks she dead and they never explain why he thinks she is dead. Couldn't they let him talk to her? Also how was he able to take down the spear guy so easy when he can't use magic. Yoshino and the lady from the beginning form a secret partnership to help stop the black iron syndrome (which is what Hakaze is trying to do). Mahiro sister isn't really his blood relative and wanted her?

seems like next episode
that Mahiro's sister will end up kissing both of them

Jex

But Kaiji moe is real.

Kaiji 3-26[END]

Man, that
final bet
was hardcore. However, I found myself more engaged by the
Tonegawa
match than the
Hyoudou
match. The common
over-confidence = loss
quota (not uncommon for the genre) was again, easily spotted. This fact along with the
final
match and
gamble
made things all the more underwhelming when the actions are revealed afterwards. Overall, the series had much more emotion than that other baseball series I keep comparing it to. I'd say it was almost to a fault, as the show is packed with tears and reactions. I mean for tens of minutes at a time here! I found the main antagonist to be not horrible (in terms of writing), at least I found it interesting how both him and his subordinate credited their
experience and innate talent
on their wins through
cheating
. Anyways, the show was a pretty fun watch. Kaiji's genius and flawed logic put into play kept me watching intently.

I'll definitely give the second season a go sometime.

The final arc of the first series definitely has some pacing issues but the first arc of the second season is easily the best arc of the entire show. You should really give it ago.

Grzi

Dude watch one of the good ones. Clannad/AS is the best stuff KyoAni has ever done (especially the latter).

Angel Beats was okay. It's abut Air-tier.

I do plan on watching Clannad one day, but 50 episodes is too much for me now. I honestly don't expect much though, but maybe I'll be surprised.

Tanken Driland - 09

God, how I missed this show. Fun fun fun. The dragon reminded me of Volvagia a bit, which was nice, I was also kinda hoping Paan would get Loran's lance as a gift of sorts, it sucks that it didn't happen.

Tomat

Kinda bummed I don't have more Chuu episodes to watch. I haven't actually kept up with a new season until this season I think.

The wait is a drag!

cajunator

Banned
Kinda bummed I don't have more Chuu episodes to watch. I haven't actually kept up with a new season until this season I think.

The wait is a drag!

I know how you feel. Chuunibyo always makes me happy.
The show is insane. I am insane. It totally fits you see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom