• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Zetsuen no Tempest - 6

irt9txacxoab3.JPG

Jex

The second season's first arc is one of the best things ever, partly because it also happens to crank up the Kaiji moe considerably. Incidentally, it's also the only arc I watched as I stopped after the introduction of
the bog
for whatever reason. Maybe I'll correct that once you get caught up!

Something to do with palls circling holes without falling in for 16 episodes, perhaps?

From the New World 2:
A slower paced episode, but I had a lot of fun watching the stuff in the first half of the episode. It all has a refreshing feel to it, and it was a lot of fun. Towards the end, you started getting more of a sense where things were going, and the final narration foreshadows some serious stuff happening very soon. I really enjoyed the way the conversation between Saki and her mother was framed. The dialogue, particularly what wasn't said, and the whole way the scene was framed. It was really well done.

Gintama' 222

Jugem Jugem Shit-Tossing the Life of Shin-chan's Two-Day-Old Underwear Balmung Fexalion Issac Schneider 1/3 True Love 2/3 Hangnail Anxiety Betrayal Knows My Name Or Does It Really Ignore Calls Squid Dogfish Halibut Trout-Cod Dogfish... This Is a Different Dogfish, I'm Talking About The Dogfish Shark Kaluga Angler Ray Yuuteimiyaoukimukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe All's Well That Ends Well Runny Diarrhea is still adorable.
Hilarious episode I would say.

Additionally, I'd recommend keeping and eye on Steins;Gate - Epigraph of the Closed Curve (STEINS;GATE 閉時曲線のエピグラフ) in case, as some rumors say, it is really related to some specific events that will be present on the movie itself, as well:

『STEINS;GATE 閉時曲線のエピグラフ』限定版収録ドラマ試聴動画 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRn2gcpIgXg

The very reliable man Reading Steiner has already translated one of the excerpts present on the dedicated website for the 'drama CD' (http://steinsgate.jp/epigraph/sample/no01.html), as an introduction:

Current Plans « Tempus Edax Rerum
http://tempusedaxrerumtl.wordpress.com/2012/10/13/current-plans/

Check for more in the upcoming days!

Thanks

Grzi

Medaka Box Abnormal - 05

As last week, I expected more, but this was still an improvement. It was very good, but not great. I wonder though, did most good animators leave Gainax with Anno and Imaishi? Seriously, one single shot was well animated, the downward kick that Zenkichi did, when his heel hit the floor, other than that, it didn't look very good. Too bad.

Ultimadrago

The final arc of the first series definitely has some pacing issues but the first arc of the second season is easily the best arc of the entire show. You should really give it ago.

The second season's first arc is one of the best things ever, partly because it also happens to crank up the Kaiji moe considerably.Incidentally, it's also the only arc I watched as I stopped after the introduction of
the bog
for whatever reason. Maybe I'll correct that once you get caught up!

This is great news!

I'll be sure to keep the things updated once I watch it.

Medaka Box Abnormal - 05

As last week, I expected more, but this was still an improvement. It was very good, but not great. I wonder though, did most good animators leave Gainax with Anno and Imaishi? Seriously, one single shot was well animated, the downward kick that Zenkichi did, when his heel hit the floor, other than that, it didn't look very good. Too bad.

Yes.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Really hard to tell if Yoshino is a good guy or not.

Seems like a jerk regardless.

Articalys

More U.S. anime movie screening news:

- A Letter to Momo will be screening tomorrow at the Exploratorium in San Francisco, as part of the SF Int'l Children's Film Festival. Thanks for waiting until the day before to let us know about it, ANN; I can't make it downtown on such short notice.

- For anyone who lives on the opposite side of New York State that couldn't make it to the Manhattan show a few weeks ago, Madoka is screening in Buffalo, NY in two weeks, on November 23 as a post-Thanksgiving feature.

Jex

I can empathize, but the way they handle it here isn't meant to be Oreimo or SAO-style pandering.

I'm sure if duckroll was still around he'd say "Ando something something" and I'd have to agree, this is exactly the kind of material that could easily go completely wrong if it was given to a less competent director. Ando is the hero we, and especially BONES, need right now.

Articalys

Monty Oum's new " anime ", pretty awesome :

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md7eoqkk8m1rgz2wvo3_250.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md7eoqkk8m1rgz2wvo4_250.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md7eoqkk8m1rgz2wvo5_250.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md7eoqkk8m1rgz2wvo6_250.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
[quote="Tomat, post: 44169722"]Damn that's pretty fucking cool lookin.[/QUOTE]
Here's the trailer for that, [B]RWBY[/B]:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYW2GmHB5xs[/url]

You guys need to watch this in fullscreen 720p; those gifs don't do it justice.
[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/i2jCF.jpg
9sBdg.png

Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest
White is cold and always yearning burdened by a royal test
Black the beast descends from shadows
Yellow beauty burns gold

(from the official series description on the YouTube video)
For those who don't know, Monty Oum is the lead animator at Rooster Teeth, the guys behind the Halo machinima series Red vs. Blue. He's also the guy behind the "Haloid" short film and the "Dead Fantasy" CG series.

duckroll

Zetsuen no Tempest - 6

irt9txacxoab3.JPG

Looks like Mahiro hasn't heard that:

iyng43XTRKRMb.jpg

still throughly enjoy watching this. awesome all around, I like the crazy plot too :D

Zenkichi needs the memo to.

OH7Jc.jpg

Let's not forget there's even more from Medaka this week! Lololol.

--------

Psycho-Pass Episode 05

Yep, still underwhe- no actually this episode was pretty good.

I thought the ongoing case was pretty interesting and this episode concluded it very nicely. The police procedural scenes were pretty cool and the second half was great as the action reached its climax. The end scene regarding
Shinya's past
was interesting too. It's a shame the character designs look so bad in a lot of scenes though, especially Akane in particular.

Kogami's face isn't looking too hot here either! :)

Zetsuen no Tempest - 06

I don't know anything about the manga, but the show must be doing a good job of avoiding its faults because it delivered on another great episode this week. I'm so happy that BONES might be able to get back to their former glory, this really shows great potential for it. Hopefully it stays that way.
The direction continues to be stellar, while the action scene didn't have the most amazing animation (by BONES standards) it was directed in such a way that you could only marvel at its beauty. Good shit.

Episode 6 was outsourced to Sakura Create, just like episode 4 was outsourced to Gonzo. So far this season, Zetsuen is one of the few shows where the outsourced episodes look rather consistent both in tone and quality, because there seems to be tight control from the top. I'll say Code:Breaker does a pretty good job too, since episode 5 was outsourced and it didn't feel any different at all either.

I'm sure if duckroll was still around he'd say "Ando something something" and I'd have to agree, this is exactly the kind of material that could easily go completely wrong if it was given to a less competent director. Ando is the hero we, and especially BONES, need right now.

ANDOGOD! Regarding the "incest" stuff though, I think it was effectively executed because unlike the manga,
the flashback scene was cut up into pieces which makes it more of a provocative memory rather than a long pandering scene which plays out at one go.
The anime certain seems much more interested in building the characters into actually compelling characters, rather than using them as sock puppets for endlessly nonsensical dialogue like the manga did. Very surprising!

Grzi

:(

L
Episode 6 was outsourced to Sakura Create, just like episode 4 was outsourced to Gonzo. So far this season, Zetsuen is one of the few shows where the outsourced episodes look rather consistent both in tone and quality, because there seems to be tight control from the top. I'll say Code:Breaker does a pretty good job too, since episode 5 was outsourced and it didn't feel any different at all either.

Didn't know that, but it's pretty interesting. Yeah, they did a very good job with it.

Here's the trailer for that, RWBY:

For those who don't know, Monty Oum is the lead animator at Rooster Teeth, the guys behind the Halo machinima series Red vs. Blue.

Rooster Teeth has become pretty huge these past few years. I still remember watching the 1st Season of RvB years and years ago.

BluWacky

From The New World 7

An improvement on last week, although still a little dodgy artistically (the show needs to avoid CG). The pacing is slightly awkward, though, with two cliffhangers that don't seem to coincide with advert breaks that are therefore ruined by their almost immediate resolution. It feels like the show has rushed to get to this point, which is the end of the first section of the novel.

With that said, the story content is much more interesting this week - it's less of a catalogue of ambushes and more about character, setting a lot of groundwork for the next story arc.

Kiyoumaru is so cool~

firehawk12

Subete no aware

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is that a gun-scythe? lol
I listen to the Rooster Teeth podcast on a regular basis and it was kind of funny to hear him try and justify its existence or that it made sense because the kickback from firing the gun would propel it forward and give her enough strength to use the scythe. Physics~.

I thought the trailer looked kind of dumb when I watched it, but maybe I'm just upset someone would actually spell ruby as "Rwby".

cajunator

Banned
Reminds me of NMH2

tumblr_mbx1douw5y1qbi1djo1_500.png

Margaret <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I listen to the Rooster Teeth podcast on a regular basis and it was kind of funny to hear him try and justify its existence or that it made sense because the kickback from firing the gun would propel it forward and give her enough strength to use the scythe. Physics~.

I thought the trailer looked kind of dumb when I watched it, but maybe I'm just upset someone would actually spell ruby as "Rwby".

Are you sure it doesnt just stand for "red, white, black, yellow"?

Cwarrior

What's the point in a sibling relationship that doesn't involve incest?

According to anime there most be a ridiculously high amount of inbreeding going on in japan, I swear like well over half of Japanese stories have incest in them( most being about about some guy wanting to fuck his little Sister variety) and the way the writer goes on about it like his broken new ground created a deep thought provoking masterpiece like his the first to ever think up of it, when it truth everyones been doing it.

I think am the only one that feels physically ill when incest comes up in an anime/manga.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, being a character designer probably requires a special kind of imagination. lol

Oh wait, that's supposed to be "Ruby"? lol

I just assume it's something that looks cool, and in a 3 minute clip, that's fine. How long is the final thing supposed to be?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Saw RWBY preview after the season finale for season 10 of RvB. Pretty solid stuff. Though, after meeting Monty in person, the man is insane. lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, it just occurred to me. Abstract fighting animu thingie with four girls reminds me of Black Rock Shooter. I hope it turns out better anyway.

Articalys

How long have they been talking about it on the podcasts -- for a while now or just recently? What other sort of official information have they given out there that's not on the Rooster Teeth site or YouTube page?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You know, it just occurred to me. Abstract fighting animu thingie with four girls reminds me of Black Rock Shooter. I hope it turns out better anyway.

From what I heard about BRS, it wasn't very good. This looks promising though I don't expect production values to be high. I mean... the budget and the level of quality that RoosterTeeth goes for is nowhere near the level of anime studios in Japan..

How long have they been talking about it on the podcasts -- for a while now or just recently? What other sort of official information have they given out there that's not on the Rooster Teeth site or YouTube page?

It was announced just after the season 10 finale which was this week Monday.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
From what I heard about BRS, it wasn't very good. This looks promising though I don't expect production values to be high. I mean... the budget and the level of quality that RoosterTeeth goes for is nowhere near the level of anime studios in Japan..

But can RT afford Okada-bot?!

Articalys

It was announced just after the season 10 finale which was this week Monday.
So all I'd need to listen to is podcast 191, which came out two days ago?
Also did they livestream the season 10 finale or something? The description on their page says "Stay tuned at the end for a special preview of a new Rooster Teeth show!" but there's nothing for RWBY in the video on the episode page. Unless they just uploaded a new video without the preview once the full trailer went live.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
He's been doing stuff for the past two years at RoosterTeeth. Where have you been? You should watch RvB.

Got tired of waiting for more Dead Fantasy episodes. I remember catching a post that he was taking a break for awhile on his DeviantArt page yeeeears ago. Glad to see he's still doing his thing.

Now off to see if there's any new DeadFantasy episodes! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom