• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
New pickups this week is:

Baka and Test Season 1 Bluray (I think this has one of best disc art I seen so far)
Soul Eater: Complete Collection Bluray (still can't believe the price I got it for)

Also I have Ah My Buddha: Complete Collection coming in next week.

cajunator

Banned

Baka and Test Season 1 Bluray (I think this has one of best disc art I seen so far)
Soul Eater: Complete Collection Bluray (still can't believe the price I got it for)

Baka and Test is so fun.
The art sometimes reminds me a little of Shaft.

Uchip

Banned

ah yes Soul Eater
with the great but underused cat character

cjkeats

Seitokai Yakuindomo: Episode 1

BGc4A.jpg

There were a million dumb moments I could've put here, but this was the first one and I'm lazy.

Do you guys like masturbation jokes, awkward period talk, pron gags, making fun of short people, and other assorted humor of that caliber?
Then boy, do I have a show for you!

The first episode wasn't half bad. It made me laugh a few times, which was it's goal I suppose. The animations is really well done too, it's very pleasing to look at.
But the problem is that it seemed like a collection of bad jokes being told at high speed. It was almost hard to follow. Hopefully the pacing will smooth out.

Z4BpO.jpg

Tiga, is that you?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seitokai Yakuindomo: Episode 1

Do you guys like masturbation jokes, awkward period talk, pron gags, making fun of short people, and other assorted humor of that caliber?
Then boy, do I have a show for you!

The first episode wasn't half bad. It made me laugh a few times, which was it's goal I suppose. The animations is really well done too, it's very pleasing to look at.
But the problem is that it seemed like a collection of bad jokes being told at high speed. It was almost hard to follow. Hopefully the pacing will smooth out.

I'll tell you now that the jokes-per-minute remains the same throughout the entire series. I quite like it, because if a joke is bad, then you don't have time to think about it being bad because they're already moving on to the next joke.

Of course, it's all sex jokes, so... if you don't like girls being "echii" (or, find the idea of girls being perverted funny specifically) then... well, that's the whole show. lol

This reminds me though... is no one bothering to watch the new season of Seitokai no Ichizon? Haven't seen any posts about it.

Thoraxes

I saw on Amazon it wasn't out till the 20th, unless maybe you mean the DVDs?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You're not overblowing it, but I think that as a character drama, Aika is not really intended to be a sympathetic character or one who the viewer holds in high regard. Consider all the previous flashbacks for example. :)

It's great because my opinions of most of the characters has changed multiple times through the six episodes we've been given already.

Not even sure if there are really any "good guys" in this show anymore after it was mentioned that Hakaze and the Tree of Genesis are dangerous too.

duckroll

http://i.imgur.com/VC053.jpg

Shounen Sunday is going to be announcing a new anime project every week for the next 8 weeks. The formats probably vary, so there might be TV series, OVA, and movies as part of this "anime announcement rush". If at the end of 8 weeks there is no Silver Spoon anime, I'll sacrifice 10 kittens.

----

http://eurekaao-prj.net/?p=527
http://eurekaao-prj.net/?p=529

Eureka Seven AO has just pulled an amazing scam on the fans actually buying the BD/DVDs. They have changed the episode distribution on the final two volumes such that Vol8 will include ep21-22 and the OVA included in the PS3 game. This means any fan buying the series who bought the PS3 game just for the OVA just got boned. Or is that BONES'd. I really don't know anymore. :(

Vol9 will include ep23-24 and another 20min bonus feature. They have no confirmed if that will be another OVA episode at this time.

Articalys

Believe it or not, Sugar Rush is what they actually changed the name of Wreck-It Ralph to for Japanese theaters. And yeah, it's the name of the racing game within the movie.

Robotics;Note 5

NOW we're getting somewhere. This is exactly what I want and have come to expect from the science series. References to real world stuff like The Buzzer, conspiracy theories being true, a sense of foreboding and things not being as they seem, etc.

I hope they drop the toy robot stuff and go full on crazy like Steins;Gate.

duckroll

Believe it or not, Sugar Rush is what they actually changed the name of Wreck-It Ralph to for Japanese theaters. And yeah, it's the name of the racing game withing the movie.

That's also the name of the AKB48 song they're using right? Lol, the entire thing is just so... weird.

Branduil

What is this? For me, Sugar Rush is a British show about teen lesbians. lol

Sugar Rush is the Japanese title of Rekku-Ito Rarufu. Also, it's truly a bizarre experience when you realize that you're listening to an AKB48 song in an American movie theater, and then you realize that you've been listening to it for a minute before you noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Shounen Sunday is going to be announcing a new anime project every week for the next 8 weeks. The formats probably vary, so there might be TV series, OVA, and movies as part of this "anime announcement rush". If at the end of 8 weeks there is no Silver Spoon anime, I'll sacrifice 10 kittens.

Cool. My wishlist:

Anagle Mole
Denpa Kyoushi
Area D
Arago
Mixim
Defense Devil

Of course it's likely not going to be any of those except MAYBE Denpa Kyoushi.

Silver Spoon and Rinne would seem to be shoe-ins based on what Sunday currently has that doesn't have any sort of anime project announced. Some of those 8 would probably be OVAs or movies for stuff like Conan and Hayate, but I would have to think there must be at least a couple of new TV series, and having the two series by high profile creators would make a lot of sense.

Branduil

That's also the name of the AKB48 song they're using right? Lol, the entire thing is just so... weird.

Well Vanellope is pretty moe. I can see the movie being popular in Japan.

It's a very good film though. Strong direction from first-time movie director Rich Moore. And I wasn't joking when I said the race is better than the redline race.

Also, duckroll, you should really see the animated short in front of the movie, Paperman. It's cel-shading done right, and it's incredibly stylish.

iJAvEpRJ670qG.gif

iKFNQp2w5kMTW.gif

Uchip

Banned
Jojo 06
Pluck
that is all

Well Vanellope is pretty moe. I can see the movie being popular in Japan.

It's a very good film though. Strong direction from first-time movie director Rich Moore. And I wasn't joking when I said the race is better than the redline race.

Also, duckroll, you should really see the animated short in front of the movie, Paperman. It's cel-shading done right, and it's incredibly stylish.

iJAvEpRJ670qG.gif

iKFNQp2w5kMTW.gif

that is definitely doing it right

trejo

I'd say it goes Yellowline > Sugar Rush > Redline, personally.

And yes, Paperman looked jawdropping indeed.

Saint Seiya Omega 31

I see they're going to follow in the footsteps of the OG Gold Saint arc by having the Bronze Saints spend 99% of the arc getting their asses kicked (and probably winning for incredibly bullshit reasons).

Ah well, at least Paradox is cool. Only took 26 years to get a female gold saint.

trejo

I think cosmic no longer likes it, because it's doing more character development than random fighting. Lol.

I was disliking it for the exact same reasons but now with the
Schrodinger's Hakaze stuff
and the tease that
Aika may have been a two-timing slut
I am suddenly a whole lot more into it.

I think cosmic no longer likes it, because it's doing more character development than random fighting. Lol.

I'm just not finding the character development interesting at all. I generally want to sympathize with the characters before I can appreciate character development, and that's hard to do with these assholes. When that's the case, the main draw becomes fighting for me, something which there hasn't been much of in the last few episodes.

I'd probably be more intrigued by the Hakaze paradox stuff if I didn't already know it leads to a mess of a debate. Even if that gets changed, it will be hard to disassociate myself from the manga unless more attention is given to the large scale battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom