• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Got tired of waiting for more Dead Fantasy episodes. I remember catching a post that he was taking a break for awhile on his DeviantArt page yeeeears ago. Glad to see he's still doing his thing.

Now off to see if there's any new DeadFantasy episodes! :D

You won't see anything like that. He's been working at RoosterTeeth ever since he left that project behind. You'll still see great fight animation in Season 9 and 10 for RvB.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So all I'd need to listen to is podcast 191, which came out two days ago?
Also did they livestream the season 10 finale or something? The description on their page says "Stay tuned at the end for a special preview of a new Rooster Teeth show!" but there's nothing for RWBY in the video on the episode page. Unless they just uploaded a new video without the preview once the full trailer went live.
They livestream the podcast. It was only on the latest episode and I think most of it was front loaded towards early on if you don't want to listen to the whole thing, as it's not a very good episode.

kayos90

So all I'd need to listen to is podcast 191, which came out two days ago?
Also did they livestream the season 10 finale or something? The description on their page says "Stay tuned at the end for a special preview of a new Rooster Teeth show!" but there's nothing for RWBY in the video on the episode page. Unless they just uploaded a new video without the preview once the full trailer went live.

They teased the series after the finale and did the video upload sometime later.

Articalys

They livestream the podcast. It was only on the latest episode and I think most of it was front loaded towards early on if you don't want to listen to the whole thing, as it's not a very good episode.
They teased the series after the finale and did the video upload sometime later.
Yeah, I get the podcast, but I don't see anything at all in the episode video about RWBY. Unless "stay tuned" just means "please keep checking the site for new updates" and not "don't stop watching the video after the credits".
Well, not like it's a huge deal, just curious.

kayos90

Yeah, I get the podcast, but I don't see anything at all in the episode video about RWBY. Unless "stay tuned" just means "please keep checking the site for new updates" and not "don't stop watching the video after the credits".
Well, not like it's a huge deal, just curious.

It's the latter. Yeah, you're not goign to find the teaser at the end of the season finale video.

For those wondering of an example of monty and his crew in RvB :

gkick.gif

/XX/

You're welcome!

As last week, I expected more, but this was still an improvement. It was very good, but not great. I wonder though, did most good animators leave Gainax with Anno and Imaishi? Seriously, one single shot was well animated, the downward kick that Zenkichi did, when his heel hit the floor, other than that, it didn't look very good. Too bad.
I find the scene you mention very nice, indeed, but other action ones being more like not continuously shown and sudden are sensed differently. That sense of fast motion in short cuts was very well done on most of these action scenes, in my opinion.

Just wait for Yoshinari's Little Witch Academia at Trigger.
Lets see what kind of projects GAiNAX affronts in the future, shall we? Because they surely are preparing for that; they have a lot of younger staff assigned to "grunt" duties and that keep training hard... even if one of these most promising mentioned 'youngsters' (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40108501&postcount=16050) as is Mr. Kawano is probably gone as well!
Hmmm, maybe that really tight schedule for those promising folks as in-betweeners in the previous season of Medaka Box was one of the reasons for this...
anyway, TRIGGER Inc., seems like a black hole that absorbs their talent immediately after they start to grow-up at GAiNAX!

Fate/Zero 25:
Why did it take me so long to watch the final episode? I don't know.

The ending was great. I wasn't sure at times, but the final scene with Kiritsugu was a perfect way to wrap his story up, and I thought it did a great job cutting to the heart of his character.
The way everything ended up for Kariya was also perfect. That last scene of his, coupled with his dream, just heightened all the suffering of his character into about 40 seconds.
Kirei also remained an intriguing guy throughout the show, but some of his bit in the last episode left me wanting a bit more. He still carried most of the show.

Dresden

Weird to see what RvB has become now. They were still using Halo 1 last I watched, like a decade ago now. How time passes...
Lets see what kind of projects GAiNAX affronts in the future, shall we? Because they surely are preparing for that; they have a lot of younger staff assigned to "grunt" duties and that keep training hard... even if one of these most promising mentioned 'youngsters' (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40108501&postcount=16050) as is Mr. Kuwano is probably gone as well!
Hmmm, maybe that really tight schedule for those promising folks as in-betweeners in the previous season of Medaka Box was one of the reasons for this...
anyway, TRIGGER Inc., seems like a black hole that absorbs their talent immediately after they start to grow-up at GAiNAX!
Rather parasitic of them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Weird to see what RvB has become now. They were still using Halo 1 last I watched, like a decade ago now. How time passes...

They're paid by MS to make Saturday morning cartoons for them now. lol

Not the first time I've seen such a thing. Outlandish weapon combinations like that are so damn common these days, and gun-scythes are no exception.

It looks fuckin cool regardless.
How long until they put guns on guns?

I was gonna say BRS TV did it first but I see firebro beat me to the punch. Still, gunscythes definitely need to become more of a thing.
2013: Year of the Gunscythe.

---

Random note, but the new Battlestar Galactica came out and I'm itching even harder for a good space based military scifi show to watch. Maybe I'll go back to rewatch Frontier. :( :(

(Where the fuck is Yamato 2199... god damnit)

Medaka Box Abnormal 05

This was a very enjoyable episode. Thus, I kill you.

No really, this was one of the most enjoyable episodes yet of the whole series and a half. The fight was fun and pretty hilarious, lots of talking but it was still enjoyable to watch. Hell, just watching someone other than Medaka fighting was a joy in itself.

There was also a :DTL moment too. This episode has it all!

Oh hey, we've got a PV for the upcoming Kotoura-san 4koma adaptation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx5dV6vUBIc

And yes, Kana Hanazawa is in this show too.

Reaction faces central I see.

Little Busters is taking the whole "BD-only episode" thing to a new level -- you only get the unaired episode if you buy all nine volumes of the show.

Who could forget that SHAFT did this too with SZS but only if you bought all the seasons Blu-Rays before mailing in to get one bonus OAV episode.

Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu 10

The stand-out episode of this season. The scenario of Yuno being forced to spend successive nights with each of the other residents of the apartments allowed great use of the character dynamics, highlighting their different personalities and the bonds Yuno has formed with each of them. The direction and visuals were more lively than usual, with some fun character animation, and the cuts between Yuno's experiences and the landlady searching for the spare key were well timed. With some of the techniques on display here, such as the use of text in some of the cutaways

and copious use of the Shaft trademark slow-motion pan and zoom, it's clear that storyboarder Shinichi Omata picked up some tricks from Tatsuya Oishi. There's some great comic timing, such as the slow-motion depiction of that pivotal moment when Yuno's keys fall in the toilet - the fast-forward recap of it when Yuno is explaining what happened to Hiro and Sae was a nice touch as well. There were a couple of other clever touches, such as the landlady putting a tissue box right over the camera, which visually transitions directly into the title card for the next day, or the apology press conference juxtaposed with reality, gently making fun of how seriously Yuno is taking the accident.

Very enjoyable stuff. It also features Hiro's hair at its craziest yet:

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 3

Everyone loves crazy monks.

Okay, Belldandy, you're cool and all, but you're gonna need new metaphors. You can't just keep saying "as many [insert random item here] as there are stars in the sky". First off, there's a SHITTON of stars in the sky, so it's probably bullshit anyway. Second, it gets really annoying when you do. Read some books and steal some.

It appears that Keiichi and Belldandy don't have to be side-by-side or even in the same place every second. Which is good. Keiichi can rub one off in peace. Though she does seem to have a tendency to sneak up on him, so he'll have to be careful.

"Spirit of Money" Who is she, and where can I find her?

Keiichi loses his life savings (2000 yen lololololol) by a breeze created by this so-called spirit of money, which leads him and Belldandy to a temple where a crazy monk bonks him in the head and knocks him out. Well, they end up doing chores for the guy instead of bailing out (options were pretty limited, but at least the monk was repentent of knocking him out, though he won't hesitate to whack Keiichi when he loses focus). The guy leaves because seeing Belldandy do magic shit drove him to gain more spiritual knowledge I guess. Now, the temple is their's.

"Tea would be even more delicious if drank from this cup." Uh, Belldandy, you're at a fucking dollar store (well, 100 yen store, same thing). Those things probably radiate lead to the point of setting off Geiger counters.

OP "Open Your Mind' is quite lovely, I should say. When do I see more goddesses?

Uchip

Banned
Here's the trailer for that, RWBY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYW2GmHB5xs

You guys need to watch this in fullscreen 720p; those gifs don't do it justice.

For those who don't know, Monty Oum is the lead animator at Rooster Teeth, the guys behind the Halo machinima series Red vs. Blue. He's also the guy behind the "Haloid" short film and the "Dead Fantasy" CG series.

I love these kind of indy animations
the sound effects sure could use work though

trejo

Does K have a plot now or is it still black hair dude chasing down white hair dude with some homolust on the side? And more importantly, is there still naked catgirl?

Does K have a plot now or is it still black hair dude chasing down white hair dude with some homolust on the side? And more importantly, is there still naked catgirl?

It does have a plot, but it's... weird. Lot of room for mindfucks, but I don't know how well they'll be pulled off.

Catgirl is still in it and she's pretty much on the same level as the main character in terms of screen time. Unfortunately, she has (begrudgingly) started wearing clothes.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 4

Belldandy's got herself a rival.

So I thought Keiichi sucked, and he still kinda does, but gotdamn, it seems all the men on his campus are as pathetic as he is (except the Auto Club seniors, they're awesome). All falling over themselves for that rich girl, and then staring like lobotomized geese at Belldandy. Fuck, guys, real smooth.

And that rich girl sure loves all the attention she gets. Which is why she gets super-pissed when Belldandy comes onto her turf (the campus, you know, where people go to school? Where she is supposed to be (okay, she's not actually a student, but rich girl doesn't know that). So she tries to ruin her by going after Keiichi. Goddamn, she deserved that bucket of water being dumped on her.

So I guess the system force only activates when somebody else tries to separate them, and Keiichi and Belldandy are perfectly free to leave each other's side by their own accord. Glad I got that cleared up. Anyway, good on Keiichi for calling out rich girl for her bullshit.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Zetsuen no Tempest - 06

Alright, not as bad as I imagined but the preview still makes me feel a bit uneasy of what's coming next. What really irks me about it though more than anything is the idea that
Aika might have been toying with the two leads
. I really felt for Yoshino and his cause to see things through because
whether he wanted to admit it or not, he too wanted to find justice against those responsible for Aika's death
. Flirting the idea that she may have been involved
with Mahiro while dating Yoshino
made my stomach turn as I am now forced to watch a character struggle through whatever challenges may come his way all for
a girl who might have not even been serious about their relationship in the first place.
Long story short, I hate, hate hate hate hate
flaky, halfhearted people

I know I may be overblowing this whole thing. Probably am.

duckroll

Zetsuen no Tempest - 06

Alright, not as bad as I imagined but the preview still makes me feel a bit uneasy of what's coming next. What really irks me about it though more than anything is the idea that
Aika might have been toying with the two leads
. I really felt for Yoshino and his cause to see things through because
whether he wanted to admit it or not, he too wanted to find justice against those responsible for Aika's death
. Flirting the idea that she has been involved
with Mahiro while dating Yoshino
made my stomach turn as I am now forced to watch a character struggle through whatever challenges may come his way all for
a girl who might have not even been serious about their relationship in the first place.
Long story short, I hate, hate hate hate hate
flaky, halfhearted people

I know I may be overblowing this whole thing. Probably am.

You're not overblowing it, but I think that as a character drama, Aika is not really intended to be a sympathetic character or one who the viewer holds in high regard. Consider all the previous flashbacks for example. :)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
You're not overblowing it, but I think that as a character drama, Aika is not really intended to be a sympathetic character or one who the viewer holds in high regard. Consider all the previous flashbacks for example. :)

Good point. Now that I'm looking at those flashbacks and her determination of
keeping their relationship a secret from Mahiro
, it just makes my guess even more plausible.

Mandoric

Banned
I swear, the time change is fucking with my head relative to airtimes. Is it really just 8PM? Did we roll back clocks 5 hours instead of 1 or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom