• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Random JoJo 6 thought

Was this the first ep without Dio hamming it up? If so, I didn't even realize until after the fact. Didn't think an ep could succeed without him!
:lol

duckroll

I'm just not finding the character development interesting at all. I generally want to sympathize with the characters before I can appreciate character development, and that's hard to do with these assholes. When that's the case, the main draw becomes fighting for me, something which there hasn't been much of in the last few episodes.

I'd probably be more intrigued by the Hakaze paradox stuff if I didn't already know it leads to a mess of a debate.

Yeah you mentioned that problem before. Personally I enjoy shows where all the characters are assholes and I don't sympathize with anyone. If the scenario is serious and compelling, I generally prefer that over a show where everyone is likable. Leave that stuff for comedies and romance stuff. Thrillers and character dramas should be about flawed people trying to outmaneuver everyone else imo.

Space Brothers 23:
Every episode of this show always manages to just feel so good. This episode managed to pack so much content into such a small amount of time. I wasn't really expecting Teshima's storyline to wrap up like this, but I like his scenes in this episode. I just wish there had been a bit more time with him during the previous exam so it had some more meaning.
Kenji also making it through was an obvious reveal, but I enjoyed the way it was revealed to Mutta.
Serika's scene was also very nice, managing to give some great comedy while also having some good insight into her background.

And I absolutely loved the little kid asking Mutta Claus to get rid of vegetables as his Christmas wish. Such a hilarious scene.

Uchip

Banned
Yeah you mentioned that problem before. Personally I enjoy shows where all the characters are assholes and I don't sympathize with anyone. If the scenario is serious and compelling, I generally prefer that over a show where everyone is likable. Leave that stuff for comedies and romance stuff. Thrillers and character dramas should be about flawed people trying to outmaneuver everyone else imo.

what about jojo where everyone is a bro?

Ultimadrago

Space Brothers 23:
Every episode of this show always manages to just feel so good. This episode managed to pack so much content into such a small amount of time. I wasn't really expecting Teshima's storyline to wrap up like this, but I like his scenes in this episode. I just wish there had been a bit more time with him during the previous exam so it had some more meaning.
Kenji also making it through was an obvious reveal, but I enjoyed the way it was revealed to Mutta.
Serika's scene was also very nice, managing to give some great comedy while also having some good insight into her background.

And I absolutely loved the little kid asking Mutta Claus to get rid of vegetables as his Christmas wish. Such a hilarious scene.

I never told you welcome back!

You sorta just tip-toed back in here.

Now that I think about it, I might want to backtrack on that statement. It's not that I can't get into stuff starring assholes when its character driven + action, I just have to find it compelling. I don't really find anything about Mahiro's relationship with his sister interesting, or pretty much anything that's going on with anyone except for Hakaze.

I assume you're referring to my opinion on Code:Breaker here, so I'll just say the sense of morality being presented in a genuine way is what bothers me at the base of things. I love stuff where every single character is a murdering jerk like Needless or Gamaran; I just don't want the fact that what these people are doing is wrong to be shoved down my throat all the time. Taking place in a different time period or a shitty world generally makes it easier for me to enjoy that kind of stuff, but I can do modern day Japan stuff too depending on how it's presented.

jbug617

Banned
K 6

A lot of this episode dealt about
Totsuka and his past with Homra. You can tell that the Red King is going to snap and break out of the jail

The other part of the episode dealt with
Shiro coming to realize he doesn't know who he really is. Kuroh is most likely going to help him and probably protect him till they figure it out.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Blasty no Tempest 06

There are just not enough good things to say about this series. The last 2 episodes in particular have been absolutely great.

wonzo

Banned
JOJO 6
jojo6.jpg
jojo6a.jpg
jojo6b.jpg
jojo6c.jpg

Holy shit, I'm literally speechless.

http://eurekaao-prj.net/?p=527
http://eurekaao-prj.net/?p=529

Eureka Seven AO has just pulled an amazing scam on the fans actually buying the BD/DVDs. They have changed the episode distribution on the final two volumes such that Vol8 will include ep21-22 and the OVA included in the PS3 game. This means any fan buying the series who bought the PS3 game just for the OVA just got boned. Or is that BONES'd. I really don't know anymore. :(

Vol9 will include ep23-24 and another 20min bonus feature. They have no confirmed if that will be another OVA episode at this time.
BONES sure is filling the void of of studio's trolling their own fanbase ever since Gainax pretty much died.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it's something in Wreck-It Ralph.
Ah right, the Disney cartoon about vidya gaims.

Believe it or not, Sugar Rush is what they actually changed the name of Wreck-It Ralph to for Japanese theaters. And yeah, it's the name of the racing game within the movie.
That's also the name of the AKB48 song they're using right? Lol, the entire thing is just so... weird.
Sugar Rush is the Japanese title of Rekku-Ito Rarufu. Also, it's truly a bizarre experience when you realize that you're listening to an AKB48 song in an American movie theater, and then you realize that you've been listening to it for a minute before you noticed anything out of the ordinary.
Inception.gif

This sounds way more interesting than whatever Brandy is talking about.
I'm glad someone else was here to make that reference!
When it comes to yuri, I'm pro-tier unlike the pretenders here!
Sugar Rush is admittedly a very deep pull. lol

Is it wrong to hope it's an anime about racing teen lesbians?
I think we live in an age when Michael Schumacher will be turned into a moe yuri girl who races cares and jumps into the bosom of her kohai soon enough!

Completely forgot about it.

And it looks like I'll need to forget it again.
Being shown in NicoNico vision is probably why no one cares.
Yeah, it's this season's Ebiten. I just find it weird that no one is bothering, since I think some people watched S1 way back when.

Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu 11

I'd be scared to use a Shaftsoft OS.
Still better than Windows Vista.

Uchip

Banned
space bros 29
kind of disappointed that they didnt show the ice coming off the rocket when it launched
maybe this is supposed to be some kind of future rocket with a different fuel system

cajunator

Banned
Dude. That show is cute just for the sake of being cute. Chuunibyou is just organically adorable.

There are different tiers of Cute and how it might be achieved.
I can kind of see what you mean by organic as Chuunibyos cute is more a result of the character personalities and situations than just cute girls doing cute things.
However its still a very calculated cuteness, whereas for example Tonari No Kaibutsu kun would be more organically cute in the sense that the characters just naturally exhibit cuteness without it coming off as pandering.
Man a whole encyclopedia of hnngh could be written on the subject.

Narag

I think we live in an age when Michael Schumacher will be turned into a moe yuri girl who races cares and jumps into the bosom of her kohai soon enough!

Take it to the next level and anthromorphize the car like the guns were in Upotte!!. What love could be purer than between a driver and her car?

cajunator

Banned
Take it to the next level and anthromorphize the car like the guns were in Upotte!!. What love could be purer than between a driver and her car?

I've seen vehicle-tan fanart on various sites before.
Also surprised there is no train moe show given the popularity of that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I've always wanted something like Initial D but all the characters are replaced by moe girls with some yuri undertones. Still got the same soundtrack though.

Basically would be anime of the forever.

cajunator

Banned
Alright, it's motherfuckin' Utena time. Can I just watch the last arc straight through, or am I supposed to squeeze the movie in somewhere?

The movie is standalone.
Its a separate and essential experience.
The ending is one of the most........well words cant describe it very well so just watch it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jojo 01

Wow. This was really, really terrible. Might be the ugliest show I've watched all year (some of these scenes are just lol wut, the boxing scene and the fountain scene in particular) and this isn't manly, its just stupid. I hope this gets better quickly or it'll be a quick drop. I really enjoyed the Jojo OVA but so far this is just flat out stupid without being enjoyable.

Nice ed though.

duckroll

The first episode was pretty bad, outside of the sweet ass fight scene. It has been better since then.

This is like Fate/Zero all over again. In the end the world will be divided into those who liked the first episode, and those who didn't. And corpses will litter the battlefield.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This is like Fate/Zero all over again. In the end the world will be divided into those who liked the first episode, and those who didn't. And corpses will litter the battlefield.

I thought the first episode was really good. I'm actually shocked people feel otherwise.

Soma

I didn't mind ZnT Episode 1 but I still found the melodrama pouring out of many of the scenes pretty silly. Even the music (while great) felt a bit too bombastic for some scenes that it accompanied. That was a pretty sweet fight scene though.

I gotta say the show has been pretty damn solid even if I can't seem to really care about the main characters for the moment. I haven't seen the latest episode yet though.

Thoraxes

Jojo - 06

Tom Petty and the
Plucking Poco Peepants NeckHeartbreakers.

This episode was boss as fuck and DAT ED TRANSITION!
YESSSSSSSSS

Also lol pulling down his pants and slapping his ass in the flight

p6TW9.jpg
AMNH6.jpg

fertygo

The first episode was pretty bad, outside of the sweet ass fight scene. It has been better since then.

The first eps is already as great as possible covering Candy Candy story with overgrowth boy, I'm gloating a lot reading that part on manga. Prop to them can make it that entertaining, still one of my favorite eps. Btw I don't think darkside gonna like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom