• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

From The New World - 7

glad that's over, I don't think 3-4 episodes were needed for all of this
rat slaughter
, got quite boring, the atmosphere of first episodes is mostly gone but looks like it will get better in next arc maybe.

Visually this and last episode got an obvious hit too. that CG boulders :|

Westlo

The next Casanova

holeup.png

Gotta love MALs forums.

Grzi

Girls und Panzer 3 - 5

Yeah, this is definitely the surprise of the season, the duckroll hype was not mistaken this time. The show effortlessly achieves such a high level of simple enjoyment, the fun ratings are off the chart for this one. The character designs are good and nicely animated, and while the tanks are CG, it somehow doesn't hamper the enjoyment. Whoever hasn't boarded this hype train (or should I say tank) should jump in as soon as possible.

Westlo

Girls und Panzer 3 - 5

Yeah, this is definitely the surprise of the season, the duckroll hype was not mistaken this time. The show effortlessly achieves such a high level of simple enjoyment, the fun ratings are off the chart for this one. The character designs are good and nicely animated, and while the tanks are CG, it somehow doesn't hamper the enjoyment. Whoever hasn't boarded this hype train (or should I say tank) should jump in as soon as possible.

What this has legit hype? I knew this was legit, duckroll never lets us down.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm really jealous of all the people who can buy anime figurines and all that. All I have is a Nia Teppelin keychain that I got in a convention and a self-made dakimakura that's already peeling off.

From the New World episode preview for next week has me pumped.
Can't wait to see the kids grow up

I cant wait to see
Shun x Satoru!

Persona 4:The Animation
To list out my complaints first, I feel the series starts way slower than it needs to. The pace of those first few episodes can be agonizingly slow. They don't seem to grant Yu any sort of personality until you get 8 or so episodes in. He's a blank slate, like in the game, but since you aren't the player projecting on to him, he just feels empty. The animation ranges from pretty good to awful. Battles feel truncated. It's amazing that I feel some of the turn based battles from the game feel more dynamic and interesting than their animated counterparts.

One thing I really want to give the show credit for is how it handled the last 1/3 or so. I think it's BS to restrict the "true" ending to a home media release, but from a story and pacing perspective the back part of the series is top notch. The manage to get in all the important bits and give them time to land. They even added optional stuff I did not expect, like the battle with
Margaret
. They didn't need to do that, but it was a really neat touch. The way they handle the story of the true end in general was very well done. Also, the way they gave the main cast their Ultimate Personas was good, seeing as they didn't have time to deliver them the way the game did.

Overall, it's a fantastic show. Sure, most of that is due to the amazing cast, which remains the greatest video game cast of all time in my opinion. Even if it loses some intangible things in translation, the core is still there and still super poignant and amazing. If the rumor of the P3 adaptation being a film is true, I'm really worried about that. P3 is even denser than P4 and I feel they barely held on with P4A as a full show. I see no way P3 gets a satisfying adaptation as a single film, but we'll see.

Those are odd terms to use to describe a fantastic show. Anyway the characters were alright and it sold me on getting Golden to try the game out. However, series wise I dont think Id put P4 above P3, the characters in P3 were way more charming and delightful, Minato, Akihiko, Shinjiro, and of course Ken Amada were leagues abouve Yukiko, Chie, Rise, and Naoto. Persona 3 is up there with Resonance of Fate, Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope Intl. as the best RPGs to date.

Well its not like people in the western world had to buy the true ending separately since it is included in the part 2 (or part 3 if youre in Europe?) sets after all.
Margaret
battle was awesome, why would it not need to be included?

From The New world 06
I still wonder
how a queerat would react to a human without a Cantus

???
What do you mean, Saki had no cantus during this whole arc around Squealer

BluWacky

???
What do you mean, Saki had no cantus during this whole arc around Squealer

Yes, but as was specifically pointed out in episode 6,
Squealer didn't know that - hence why Saki was upset because she accidentally let him know.
. The children are taught (as per episode... 2, I think) that
they should stay away from the Bakenezumi before their psychokinesis develops
, and I think it should be fairly obvious why from the events of these episodes and episode 4 in particular when
they attack the children and Rijin

cjkeats

Anyway the characters were alright and it sold me on getting Golden to try the game out. However, series wise I dont think Id put P4 above P3, the characters in P3 were way more charming and delightful,

"Charming and delightful" are odd terms to describe the P3 characters. I love P3 as much as the next person, but they hardly left me with any delight, especially near the end when everyone gets all moody.

Teddie is pure joy-kuma.

Grzi

However, series wise I dont think Id put P4 above P3, the characters in P3 were way more charming and delightful, Minato, Akihiko, Shinjiro, and of course Ken Amada were leagues abouve Yukiko, Chie, Rise, and Naoto. Persona 3 is up there with Resonance of Fate, Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope Intl. as the best RPGs to date.

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I think you'd like Tatsuya from P2, DTL.

Anyway, I'd say the characters in P4 have much better characterization than those in P3, they seem much more realistic in their behavior and overall style. The characters in P3 seem more surreal and/or closer to your typical anime stereotypes, but I guess that fits within the P3 story in a way.

fertygo

Of course the one that got compared by DTL is the female vs male, hahaha..

I thought P4 have enough bishie, and Yosuke are more your type than Akihiko, apparently not lol.

Ultimadrago

A bit more news on the Australian release of Nichijou from Madman:

As stated before, the DVD set is planned for March 2013.

I wonder if the talk of an American company picking it up (after Bandai released it) holds true.

I've seen more than one source bring it up (from a convention) and that would be excellent.

in before some arsehole mentions nanako

Déjà vu.

Also Fox is a yen digga'. Hell no, they're not in front.

Of course the one that got compared by DTL is the female vs male, hahaha..

I thought P4 have enough bishie, and Yosuke are more your type than Akihiko, apparently not lol.

tumblr_lo6ucuWuy11qdpytgo1_400.gif

Yusuke did bring the best and most memorable friendship moments, but p4 girls were all in the way and too obsessed with Yu that it diminished the experience.

Kazzy

True enough I suppose, but he's still a complete dick to Kanji.

He becomes good friends with Kanji, eventually. I mean, that's why I like his character so much, he's just trying to fit with everyone, being the big city kid and all. It just so happens that he has an extremely haphazard way of doing it, putting on the facade of a ladies man. It even gets more focus in his S-Link
where he becomes jealous of the MC's ability to adapt to living in Inaba, who does it much more successfully than Yosuke ever could in the prior six months.

Grzi

Ixion Saga DT 4-6

These episodes all felt really bland, they weren't exactly bad or anything, they just failed to draw out any type of emotion out of me. I feel as if they try to draw out a gag that would fit into five minutes to an entire episode and it just doesn't work. Episode 5 had the worst art I've seen in quite some time, so ugly and bland (and I've finished watching Angel Beats the other day). I'm hoping this will get back on track, there's potential, but the pacing is awful, and they should focus on the fantasy aspects a little bit more.

cjkeats

It even gets more focus in his S-Link
where he becomes jealous of the MC's ability to adapt to living in Inaba, who does it much more successfully than Yosuke ever could in the prior six months.

Well they don't call him the swagtagonist for nothing.
Yosuke did have his moments, like the social link and his introduction. ("Critical hit to the nads" is one of the best lines in the games. did they use it in the anime?)

LOL you're too harsh, but the camping part make my stomach hurt.

That part was hilarious. Yosuke did provide some great comic relief if anything.

NewFresh

From The New world 06

This show continues to be really bizarre, creepy, foreboding and TENSE AS FUCK.
Its really quite intriguing and I still wonder
how a queerat would react to a human without a Cantus
Then that ending. holy shit.

I thought they made it pretty clear when
Saki's internal dialogue described her fear of Squealer finding out and possibly turning on them
. I belive it was in episode 4 or 5.

Though the best moment came today when one of the girls was like "Elliot sensei, do you... nevermind." After pressing her to ask me, she finally spoke up and asked if I was familiar with boys love. "Oh yeah, one of my good friends who works at a manga publisher used to drag me around with her to all the shops!"

I think one of them almost fainted. Hahaha.

You're awesome!!!

Call me call me - Cowboy Bebop, listen to this OST from time to time.

I love this song.

Ryuukan

Horizon S1 FIN:
If I had to choose between the world and Sunrise, it would be an easy choice.

I would hide in the studio first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom