• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You're obviously not watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
Ah nope, bailed after the first episode. lol

---

Jormungand (18) continues to both impress me and disappoint me at the same time. I really wish this was a vehicle for some American action star or something because then it wouldn't have to look so bad at times. At the very least the intrigue and the character arcs are about as interesting as any other spy show on TV at the moment (Hunted, Strike Back, etc).

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Late to the avatar battle but just wanted to say, Yuru Yuri fans had this shit locked down before you people thought it was cool!

*puts on hipster shades and runs away*

Someone had to have taken a screenshot of the posts made by the 4 yuru yuri girls. :p

Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ 6
KgKBO.jpg

Man, she's such a bitch. I love her!
So now the harem's all set. No more Sekirei are left to join it, I think. Unless they just hand wave it and say there are more later on...
And interesting episode that would have been even better if the budget was there. In Musubi's jealous rage she channeled the spirit of Thoraxes and killed a girl. It was pretty cool.
Now I wonder where the show will go from here.
08uFc.jpg

Her power seems like it would be incredibly broken, but she never seems to fight anyone.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Someone posted this in the Dragon Ball thread:
Now, I shit a lot on Z, but I cannot deny that everything pre-Namek was amazing. And yes, digital colouring sucks well, not really, I just don't think it fits the franchise. #getoffmahlawn

jman2050

Someone posted this in the Dragon Ball thread:

Now, I shit a lot on Z, but I cannot deny that everything pre-Namek was amazing. And yes, digital colouring sucks.

One thing DBZ got right from the start was the fighting. It's all awesome as hell (when everyone isn't standing around talking)

One thing DBZ got right from the start was the fighting. It's all awesome as hell (when everyone isn't standing around talking)

I always thought Dragonball franchise had some of the least awesome fights. Compared to other series that have lots of elemental abilities, visual genjutsus, multi tiered deep skill trees, and attacks with large AoE's and combination abilities, Dragonball franchise aws lacking as it was basically just laser beam blasts and punches or kicks and nothing more.

jman2050

Dragonball franchise aws lacking as it was basically just laser beam blasts and punches or kicks and nothing more.

But that's why it was awesome. None of that gimmicky crap, just a bunch of muscled dudes with enough power to slice a planet in half beating the shit out of each other and occasionally throwing giant laser beams when shit gets real. Nothing more needed. I've always enjoyed the fight choreography throughout the series, even as far back as early Dragon Ball.

cajunator

Banned
So I just asked him. Apparently it was a promotional item, can't be found anymore. :-/

He does have an Azu-nyan and Mio he's willing to part with though, if you're interested Cajun.

Mio. Yes. Hnnng.

I thought they made it pretty clear when
Saki's internal dialogue described her fear of Squealer finding out and possibly turning on them
. I belive it was in episode 4 or 5.

While that's true, I meant
a human all alone, with no Cantus in sight to save them. I guess they would just be fodder.
Those queerats are scary as shit. Don't trust them.

You are the only one sporting an Extollere original!

Ultimadrago is the one true Yuko.

Courtesy of Otaking, say hello to one of the new GAiNAX series that Mr. Yamaga announced some time ago (specifically, the one about "survival with air-soft guns game"), co-produced along their satellite studio Kichijōji Tron... this is Stella Jogakuin:

Stella Jogakuin adaptée en série télévisée !
http://gainax.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1175

Gainax.fr • Afficher le sujet - INFOS : PRODUCTIONS A VENIR !!!
http://gainax.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=41826#p41826

I hope you do well from now on, man...

Oh this looks interesting :D

I see girls handling guns.

Upotte!! Season 2 or Gunslinger Girl Season 3?

It can't be Gunslinger girl 3. The quality is too good :(

I'm really jealous of all the people who can buy anime figurines and all that. All I have is a Nia Teppelin keychain that I got in a convention and a self-made dakimakura that's already peeling off.
you can do it if you only buy some stuff and not everything you find cute .. i got 6 of them over 3 years and it was manageable..

So this giant plush was sold out a week after I first saw it and mulled over buying it. For 300 dollars though, I assume it's pretty hefty. :p

man i want this
Thankfully it's sold out so i don't have to feel guilty over not buying it.

Jex

To be fair I wasn't around here then, and I've heard a fair amount of negativity from my friends and elsewhere on the net.

To cast the net further a field and look at a much, much larger sample size:

On MAL it's rated as the 15th most popular show as voted by 97,144 users

On ANN it's as the 32nd best show and the 20th most popular show.

Based on these two indicators I'd say that the positive opinions of the show are the overwhelming majority with the critics being a very small minority. In that sense, I don't think it's divisive.

ANN and MAL are, of course, both self-selecting data sets because they attract a certain kind of user, however I can't think of any better resources to query when talking about how well received a show is overall.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Based on these two indicators I'd say that the positive opinions of the show are the overwhelming majority with the critics being a very small minority. In that sense, I don't think it's divisive.

ANN and MAL are, of course, both self-selecting data sets because they attract a certain kind of user, however I can't think of any better resources to query when talking about how well received a show is overall.

On MAL this show is rated as the as the 59th best show as voted by 145,834 users

And it was regarded as the 7th best anime of 2010 on NeoGAF

Okay, then, I'll back off the divisive part then. I guess I haven't talked to the right people or looked in the right places.

jman2050

Jex

On MAL this show is rated as the as the 59th best show as voted by 145,834 users

And it was regarded as the 7th best anime of 2010 on NeoGAF

I was just making a point. Thats all.

Oh and I enjoyed Angel Beats. Sue me.
What point are you making? I'm not saying that the popular opinion on a show necessarily correlates to the shows objective quality. I'm just saying that the popular opinion on a show correlates to the popular opinion on a show.

It's a value free judgement.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What point are you making? I'm not saying that the popular opinion on a show necessarily correlates to the shows objective quality. I'm just saying that the popular opinion on a show correlates to the popular opinion on a show.

It's a value free judgement.

Sometimes the critics of a show don't think themselves as a minority.

cajunator

Banned
Fair enough, I just was under the mistaken impression that more people didn't like it. Personally, I did enjoy it for what it was but it's not my all time favorite or anything.

AnimeGaf doesnt like it and are quite vocal about that fact.
I think the most interesting thing about this forum is how different the mindset is to the average anime fan. Its both good and bad.

Jex

Tonari's shoujoness was apparent from episode 1, not the show's fault if you didn't recognize it then!

I'm not saying that the show wasn't clearly a shoujo in the first episode, but it differentiated itself from the classic genre trappings in a number of ways. From the first episode:

Shizuku, the female lead of the story is a longer who doesn't want to make friends.

Haru, the male lead and obvious love interest is imperfect, and not just in the "he's kind of shy" way, he actual has some pretty serious character flaws although he is of course handsome and academically excellent.

The episode focused really on comedic situations rather than wistful longing.

Haru actually progresses their relationship in this very episode by kissing her.

During the most recent episode we've moved on to -
Haru and Shizuku's relationship is strained and stalling because Shizuku can't confront her true feelings or whatever which leads to -

a classic love trial forming as meek-yet-attractive girl falls for the male lead.

Grzi

BTOOOM! 3-6

Yeah, I watched four episodes of BTOOOM! in a row when I could be watching a show that's actually good, but what are you gonna do. These episodes managed to keep my attention so I guess they weren't THAT bad, there was some pretty funny stuff, like when
the chick shocked herself with the taser
, I laughed out loud on that one. The show really reminds me of Gantz (I hated Gantz), in that it tries too hard to be serious and dark, but it comes off as ridiculous. It's also mostly ugly, but I'm happy Madhouse decided to let their talented animators work on Hunter X Hunter.

Thoraxes

TTGL is also my favorite show of all time too.

I've never had so many feels watching anime.

You can all disagree with me, but my brain was drugged up with endorphins and adrenaline the whole ride. Shit was magical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom