• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Ginga e Kickoff 27

Erika is upset that
the boys are passing her skill level. Even Shou can do things that Erika can't. Also it's was Aoto's birthday and Erika decides to share her feelings through bake goods (which come out poorly).
In the end it's just another training episode.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
JoJo's kind of sucks. I tried pretending it didn't, because the intro and the ending music are pretty cool. Five episodes in and, yeah, it's bad. Always cliche but not funny, well drawn but poorly animated.

Yeah pretty much. I only made it 3 episodes in. The show is just really ugly and its not interesting at all. I don't know when it will get interesting but it failed to hold my interest at all 3 episodes through.

But I am 2 episodes through Sword Art Online. Show is awesome, the hate is pretty befuddling. I am guessing it will drop like a rock soon enough or something.

wonzo

Banned
Nichibro's SP5
nichibrosp5.jpg

lewd

I can already see a PS3 port coming.
And they will still divide in 3 versions!
scamco strikes again

The answer you want: absolutely.
The actual answer:
the animals are in a sort of zoo exhibit behind glass, so that's a natural glare reflection.

Anyway, Sentai's got their February slate of releases up, which includes stuff like Ano Natsu de Matteru and Kamisama Dolls.

The Ano Natsu potential cover doesnt give the male character any coverage, though I guess I will get it the clip I saw of the anime at least made it seem like it is an interesting anime.

I like the Letter Bee potential cover
tumblr_mdi5nuSMVW1qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

Casshern Sins worth getting for 17.99?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Yeah pretty much. I only made it 3 episodes in. The show is just really ugly and its not interesting at all. I don't know when it will get interesting but it failed to hold my interest at all 3 episodes through.

But I am 2 episodes through Sword Art Online. Show is awesome, the hate is pretty befuddling. I am guessing it will drop like a rock soon enough or something.

1. Likes MLP
  2. Thinks SAO is amazing
  3. Thinks JoJo sucks

Jesus christ, I'm didn't even think that level of bad was possible.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chuu2Koi 07:

*dies of cute overload*

But man, the end of that episode...
What a punch to the gut. Now it makes sense why Tooka had hoped Yuuta would keep her in line and not try to run to where her old house was. Man... poor Rikka. It also tells a lot about why Rikka spends so much time in straight up denial. Unlike the others who knew her father was going to die, they didn't tell her so it just happened suddenly and without warning. When you're a kid that can leave quite the impression on an already impressionable mind.

WHY ISN'T IT NEXT WEDNESDAY YET??? :mad:

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Chuu2 07
Wasn't particularly thrilled with this episode. The pacing was unnecessarily slow, as things are stopped and held up from happening until the end of the episode. The show also tries to up things and move into territory that is more dramatic, but it's hard to take the show seriously when it is tugging on the other end by ratcheting up the already heavy fanservice. This fanservice bloats and wreaks havoc upon any plot as the show is trying to push both sexually provocative and moeshit agendas, leaving little time for anything that isn't more suited to being a .gif. I guess I also find the main conceit of the story to be pretty unbelievable, which further complicates buying in to what the show is trying to push.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
  1. Likes MLP
  2. Thinks SAO is amazing
  3. Thinks JoJo sucks

Jesus christ, I'm didn't even think that level of bad was possible.
Let's not misquote people here. He liked the first two episodes. As I recall, most people turned on the show after this.

He also likes the original Jojo OVAs.

Cwarrior

JoJo's kind of sucks. I tried pretending it didn't, because the intro and the ending music are pretty cool. Five episodes in and, yeah, it's bad. Always cliche but not funny, well drawn but poorly animated.

You hate giraffes and now jojo smh I always knew you was a bad man.

You call jojo cliche but really how many anime are there out there about manly gentlemen bros in 19century england on a castlevania-esq quest to vanquish Dracula/dio in maximum fabulous style?

Uchip

Banned

You call jojo cliche but really how many anime are there out there about manly gentlemen bros in 19century england on a castlevania-esq quest to vanquish Dracula/dio in maximum fabulous style.

yeah, cliche normally means you can predict whats going to happen
its one of the last things I would use to describe jojos bizarre adventure

Haha, they absolutely nailed these scenes. If nothing else, Gainax is being extremely faithful to the source material in style. That's a good or bad thing depending on your point of view, I suppose.

i think it's great when an anime stay true to the feelign the manga gave to the readers ..if they kepe this up , can you imagine the rest ?

Cwarrior

What has become of you darkside,if only I had done more then maybe you wouldn't have ended up like this, now your truly animegaf.

Poor darkside I have failed you, no one deserves this fate.

*pours 40*

Thoraxes

Given the statements from the people on my Facebook yesterday, you are in for some feels and some crying.

sleepykyo

Kimikiss - 13

That dramabomb was quite expected.

I liked this series despite how predictable it was. Kind of chuckled at how well everyone takes getting dumped/rejected though. Hard feelings? None here.

In regards to SAO, maybe we should shift the required viewing away from School Days/Blood C to Cowboy Bebop/Fate-Zero.

Articalys

Aniplex USA continues to give the middle finger to the southeastern US, announcing the next Madoka movie screenings to be in Indianapolis, IN, at the Georgetown 14 Cinemas on December 8 and 9. No link for tickets yet.

cajunator

Banned
From the New World 07

Well this show continues to be quite unsettling.
The kids were in extreme danger the entire time but it seems to have turned out ok.
Or has it?
Of note the production quality of this show is not very good.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Aniplex USA continues to give the middle finger to the southeastern US, announcing the next Madoka movie screenings to be in Indianapolis, IN, at the Georgetown 14 Cinemas on December 8 and 9. No link for tickets yet.

Three hour drive from me. Not worth it unless I can get a cheap Amtrak ticket or something.

edit: lol, there's not even a train available in the time frame of the showing even if it would be super-cheap. American rail transit is a fucking joke.

CØDE:BREAKER 6
tumblr_mdcxs9eXW01qcsnnso1_500.gif

Yuki needs even more screentime, definitely gave good moments and commentary though the best action was with
Heiki and that light! So cool. I always like in these when teachers in the institutions are involved in the plot, Kanda for one. Though Toki :( better not have any permanent effects on him

Ogami Rei is pretty good, just admit that these folks are his friends and precious to him, I dont think the other CØde:breaker's have the same issue, or at least Toki or Yuki.

qcf x2

You call jojo cliche but really how many anime are there out there about manly gentlemen bros in 19century england on a castlevania-esq quest to vanquish Dracula/dio in maximum fabulous style?

Your memory is insane, props for that.

My problem w/ JoJo isn't the setting or the plot. In fact, those things are why I wanted to get into it. My beef is more like:

1. I AM SPEAKING EVERYTHING THAT I THINK, AND I AM DOING IT LOUDLY BECAUSE THE AUDIENCE IS COMPLETELY INCAPABLE OF FIGURING OUT WHAT IS GOING ON!

2. DBZ powerups after like one episode. I mean even DBZ didn't do that.

3. This move!!! ...this move is the ancient blah blah blah that was blah blah by the legendary blah blah blah! How amazing the blah blah is of it! It normally takes blah blah to be able to harness it! - from every character in the show.

^ Stuff like that is fine if it's making fun of other genres, but it's not a joke if the punchline never comes, so it's just kind of bad (not terrible, but bad). I understand the shounen genre is rife with simplicity, but ffs this is like a poorly executed parody. I read about 12 chapters of the manga before the season started and it was slightly better because the faces were pretty funny looking.

Also I saw a few eps of the OVA years back and I remember it being a manly show for manly men who like tons of violence, funky fashion and trash talking. Maybe this will develop into that later, but I'm not sure how one can consider it good so far and speak poorly of any other shounen series. I do wonder if people are giving it the benefit of the doubt because of what may or may not happen further along in the plot.

Giraffes suck.

Chuu 2 Koi 7

Not buying the melodrama, seems like KyoAni couldn't/didn't want Little Busters because they could make a Key story themselves. However this episode shows they've clearly not picked up the finer points from Key's playbook, and fell quite short of the mark of producing something that conveys real emotion.

trejo

1. I AM SPEAKING EVERYTHING THAT I THINK, AND I AM DOING IT LOUDLY BECAUSE THE AUDIENCE IS COMPLETELY INCAPABLE OF FIGURING OUT WHAT IS GOING ON!

3. This move!!! ...this move is the ancient blah blah blah that was blah blah by the legendary blah blah blah! How amazing the blah blah is of it! It normally takes blah blah to be able to harness it! - from every character in the show.

But these are two of the things that make the show so awesome in spite of everything.

Uchip

Banned

2. DBZ powerups after like one episode. I mean even DBZ didn't do that.

you just described most of what makes it entertaining

Anyone notice how episode 45 of Fairy Tail has the MOST feeling of DBZ in it?

After skipping to the part of Satan Soul, there are just so many DBZ-like scenes and fights.

The english dub is just killing my mood...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom