• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Btw

View Post
1. I AM SPEAKING EVERYTHING THAT I THINK, AND I AM DOING IT LOUDLY BECAUSE THE AUDIENCE IS COMPLETELY INCAPABLE OF FIGURING OUT WHAT IS GOING ON!
LOL, You not gonna figure what JoJo's character thinking without their narrative.

Soma

though SPEAKING OF SAO

I had a Sword Art Online related dream earlier.

like i was part of an army in the game (think i had this really awesome two-handed sword or something) and we were all about to battle another army for some reason on the other side of this huge mountain. everything was pretty tense and people were talking stories about this legendary soldier that never seems to die. then the perspective shifted to Asuna making some long-winded speech and everyone was all like "man this is boring let's fuck shit up already". and afterwards all I could think was even in my dreams, Asuna still manages to ruin everything.

jbug617

Banned
Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai! 7

Good episode. All the characters interact with each so well and the relationships don't seemed forced. That ending though. I think this show moves ahead of Tonari for my favorite this season.

Ultimadrago

though SPEAKING OF SAO

like i was part of an army in the game (think i had this really awesome two-handed sword or something) and we were all about to battle another army for some reason on the other side of this huge mountain. everything was pretty tense and people were talking stories about this legendary soldier that never seems to die. then the perspective shifted to Asuna making some long-winded speech and everyone was all like "man this is boring let's fuck shit up already". and afterwards all I could think was even in my dreams, Asuna still manages to ruin everything.

Wish-fulfillment brag post.

Syrinx

Darker Than Black Vol. 2 Ep. 5

This show is so fucking awesome.

More development for Kirihara. Though this arc wasn't quite as fantastic as the Tahara or Havoc arcs, it was certainly good for this much. She really needed that development too; until this arc I didn't find her very interesting at all.

Pretty fucking scummy of that dude to hang Alice's downfall on Kirihara. She just did what she always wanted to do. It wasn't her fault Alice was weak and pathetic and needed somebody else to boss her around.

That fight scene with that dude and Hei was great. Hei fooling the dude by putting his own blood on his face and then faking death only to come back with a vengeance like a fucking boss...damn.

Soon as I'm finished with this series (still have a ways to go), I'm asking for recommendations for something similar.

Has DTL even seen DBZ?

I started to watch it (the narrator comments at the end of each episode, keep your eyes on the skies, next time on dragonball z! were good), but then Funimation has that odd thing where they removed and add random episodes out of order so I went and read all of it in the manga. May give GT a try....though I think most people said to avoid it?

Tanken Doriando 10
tumblr_mdiakcx2qG1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I liked these moments in this, pretty funny and good art. I hope Dialga returns again as probably my favorite antagonist thus far, even with that personality. Not much to say just the standard Tanken Driland episode.

hime has some mythical abilities? what, that came out of nowhere

Taruranto

Darker Than Black Vol. 2 Ep. 5

This show is so fucking awesome.

More development for Kirihara. Though this arc wasn't quite as fantastic as the Tahara or Havoc arcs, it was certainly good for this much. She really needed that development too; until this arc I didn't find her very interesting at all.

Pretty fucking scummy of that dude to hang Alice's downfall on Kirihara. She just did what she always wanted to do. It wasn't her fault Alice was weak and pathetic and needed somebody else to boss her around.

That fight scene with that dude and Hei was great. Hei fooling the dude by putting his own blood on his face and then faking death only to come back with a vengeance like a fucking boss...damn.

Soon as I'm finished with this series (still have a ways to go), I'm asking for recommendations for something similar.

Just remember, the show ends with Season 1.

wonzo

Banned
Chuu2 7

This was pretty fun till the stuff at the end of the episode but I sure as hell wouldn't compare that stuff to the kind of shit you'd see in a Key series considering that it's pretty well grounded and makes perfect sense given the way Rikka acts. It'll be interesting to see where the series goes next.

though SPEAKING OF SAO

let me put you to sleep , but put this hat on your head before that ..it's called a nervegear ... you'll have sweet dreams ..!

7Th

I guess the serious developments in Chuu2Koi maybe worked better in the less comical light novel; without Dekomori, Pillow and all the slapstick action the atmosphere of the story must have been a little bit less over-the-top.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I started to watch it (the narrator comments at the end of each episode, keep your eyes on the skies, next time on dragonball z! were good), but then Funimation has that odd thing where they removed and add random episodes out of order so I went and read all of it in the manga. May give GT a try....though I think most people said to avoid it?

Yeah, GT is bad, don't subject yourself to it. At least you've seen Z in its entirety in some form, which is what counts!

I've actually wanted to tackle the manga eventually, but like virtually every manga that I've ever wanted to commit to reading, I know I'll never actually work up the motivation to get to it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I guess the serious developments in Chuu2Koi maybe worked better in the less comical light novel; without Dekomori, Pillow and all the slapstick action the atmosphere of the story must have been a little bit less over-the-top.

I think in this particular case it actually works because of the stark contrast it provides which actually fits into the character arc that Rikka is currently experiencing; the war between her delusional fun of her childhood and harsh reality of the present. Despite all the funny comedic stuff going on between Deko x Mori, Kumin being so fucking adorable, etc. that Rikka basically being down the entire episode really helped draw more attention to it; this is clearly her growth arc where she is being forced to face the reality
of her father's death and now the new found knowledge that even their old "base" is not there anymore.
She's spent the entire last three years running away from reality, so it really is ironic that she found out the harsh reality BECAUSE she tried so hard to run away from it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yeah, GT is bad, don't subject yourself to it. At least you've seen Z in its entirety in some form, which is what counts!

I've actually wanted to tackle the manga eventually, but like virtually every manga that I've ever wanted to commit to reading, I know I'll never actually work up the motivation to get to it.

Get back on Koihime Musou. :(

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm like three weeks behind on my weeklies! But I guess I do owe it to you for powering through Suite/Smile like a boss :lol

Nice Nissan Combination avatar ya got there.

Haha thanks! You guys weren't kidding when you said they always put the two together when anything happens. :D

On Season 10 of RvB, when I finish that I'll finally get my crap together and power through the rest of Smile.

I am interested in hearing your reason as to why

I can't defend #2, but yuri makes anything amazing. Unless it's certain shows, which then makes it at least watchable.

Theonik

I am interested in hearing your reason as to why
There are plenty of reasons to dislike Avatar TLA. I don't intend to list them all. The pacing for the show was quite abhorrent at times though, most episodes felt like filler for one and most characters were either unlikable or flat-out annoying.
inb4 pizzaroll "Bleach filler lever camerawork
As for Initial D being better with yuri and moe, well they both have a positive impact usually and frankly I don't know what it would be like but what he describes sounds like good fun.

Stoof

Chuu2 7

Well that was definitely a different kind of beach episode. It still manages to handle the serious stuff really well and it falls right in line with Rikka's character. It's a close call but I think this might be my AOTS so far.

Emitan

I haven't been watching anime much lately. I'm up to the latest My Little Monster and I'm getting frustrated with Shizuku. Just fucking date him!

Uchip

Banned
There are plenty of reasons to dislike Avatar TLA. I don't intend to list them all. The pacing for the show was quite abhorrent at times though, most episodes felt like filler for one and most characters were either unlikable or flat-out annoying.
inb4 pizzaroll "Bleach filler lever camerawork
As for Initial D being better with yuri and moe, well they both have a positive impact usually and frankly I don't know what it would be like but what he describes sounds like good fun.

yuri and moe have a positive impact...?
I dont even know how you can call this defensible
the ugly character designs and too cool for school characters of initial D are what make it unique and cheesy to the point of fun, and having shitty moe characters would take away from any charm that it had.

Its kind of like how girls und panzer would have been 100x better if its cast was more similar to advance wars rather than whatever the fuck their names are generic obnoxious little girls

as for avatar, those are just uncommonly held opinions that cant be used as an argument

yami4ct

Holy shit... someone is really taking JoJo seriously when even the show itself doesn't... wow.

It has characters named Robert EO Speedwagon and Tonpetty. The fact anyone can take it seriously is mind boggling. The fact that it's so not serious is what makes it so amazing.

Uchip

Banned
It has characters named Robert EO Speedwagon and Tonpetty. The fact anyone can take it seriously is mind boggling. The fact that it's so not serious is what makes it so amazing.

there are no blue haired people in England! this show offends my sensibilities!

Bakuman 3 - 6
tumblr_mdgld6W2vw1rjz8a0o1_500.gif

Friendship triumphs over all and what better way to express friendship than through a punch and a swift make up because of doubting one another. I liked it. The Ed cuts in perfectly too, reminds me of the way they cut it in last season when we had Monochrome Rainbow.

The arc concluded well though I think, they kind of rushed through this entire Super Leaders Lover Fest, there wasn't the usual drama building up to showing the other stories or readers votes and early results, etc. I wonder what the outcome would be if
one of the "Jack Girls" as Fukuda says hadnt won

jbug617

Banned
Bakuman 3 - 6
tumblr_mdgld6W2vw1rjz8a0o1_500.gif

Friendship triumphs over all and what better way to express friendship than through a punch and a swift make up because of doubting one another. I liked it. The Ed cuts in perfectly too, reminds me of the way they cut it in last season when we had Monochrome Rainbow.

The arc concluded well though I think, they kind of rushed through this entire Super Leaders Lover Fest, there wasn't the usual drama building up to showing the other stories or readers votes and early results, etc. I wonder what the outcome would be if
one of the "Jack Girls" as Fukuda says hadnt won

Did Bakuman ever get a home release in the US on DVD or Bluray?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
CLAMP is "shoujo", and as well know, everything CLAMP does is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom