• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama' 234

phUAh.jpg
tOwxP.jpg

Am I watching the right show anymore?

Jex

Patlabor arrived today. Made for a surprisingly heavy box, although I guess Paprika was in there too. Not at all familiar with any of the three and looking forward to watching them when I have the time. Thanks to the person who posted it when the deals were in place.

That's the weight of a quality product for you!

Jex

The worst thing about fauxcest is that it allows a show to indulge in a variety of incest-fetish related plots and situations but then excuse itself (and the audience) by saying "it's all okay because they aren't related". As if that somehow made everything wholesome.

jbug617

Banned
The worst thing about fauxcest is that it allows a show to indulge in a variety of incest-fetish related plots and situations but then excuse itself (and the audience) by saying "it's all okay because they aren't related". As if that somehow made everything wholesome.

I watched a show (i think it was Myself, Yourself) and I think they handle the incest story angle pretty well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, then you get Yosuga no Sora or whatever that show is called. (And Koi Kaze I suppose).

But yeah, it's a shitty cop out that is of the "eating cake and have it too" variety.

Exentryk

I'd recommend you stick with tsuritama as it really isn't childish at all and gets better with each and every single episode. As for more recent stuff, you could check out Kenji Nakamura's other series: Mononoke (incl. the Ayakashi Bakeneko Prequel Arc) and Trapeze.

oh and School Days sounds right up your alley.

School Days is quite the refined love story

Thank everyone later.

edit: seconding Mononoke though a really interesting and suspensful series.

Sure. Will give Tsuritama another chance and watch a few more episodes.
Have added Mononoke & School Days to my Watch List. Thanks guys.

lol
sad to have to pick up steins;gate again?
its better than death note

I highly doubt it. Haven't found a single anime as good as DN (if I ignore everything after episode 25). My second favourite is Full Metal Alchemist, followed by One Piece and Naruto. Have actually stopped following the latter two though. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this >_>

Tsuritama isnt that childish.
Anyway, Fate Zero would perfectly suit your tastes. Possibly Psycho Pass.

Will try Fate Zero. Psycho Pass has a nice concept but the first episode didn't intrigue me much.

Uchip

Banned
I highly doubt it. Haven't found a single anime as good as DN (if I ignore everything after episode 25). My second favourite is Full Metal Alchemist, followed by One Piece and Naruto. Have actually stopped following the latter two though. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this >_>

yeah
nothing compares with Naruto
might as well call it quits now and save the disappointment

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Saw the first ep of little busters. Was awful. Saw the second ep, and burst out in laughter when he said he had narcolepsy. By the third ep I had enough. But still can't stop laughing at narcolepsy. OH SHIT HE FELL ASLEEP, SOMEONE CALL 911. Gimmie a break.

Dynedom

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 07

Nice to see this show mixing up the drama and comedy well. Surprisingly rounded. This and Tonari... have been refreshing surprises.

Kumin is so best girl its not even close.

Instro

Saw the first ep of little busters. Was awful. Saw the second ep, and burst out in laughter when he said he had narcolepsy. By the third ep I had enough. But still can't stop laughing at narcolepsy. OH SHIT HE FELL ASLEEP, SOMEONE CALL 911. Gimmie a break.

Welcome to Key, enjoy your stay.

Haven't found a single anime as good as DN (if I ignore everything after episode 25).

I will try to refrain from making the comments I could make here.

(But really, don't listen to the jerks who told you to watch School Days in the hopes of getting "lolz" impressions out of you. If what you list is all that you've seen, you should try, say, Cowboy Bebop or Baccano or Kaiji.)

From the New World 7:
Now this was more like it. A strong episode which was more on par with the earlier episodes, and which neatly resolved the current story arc. There were a lot of great bits here, and I really liked seeing the ways that the various supporting characters helped them out. The Monster Rat politics and culture actually seems pretty interesting to me, and there were some standup guys where.

With that ending, you know that everything is going to be changed for the destiny of these characters now, and it should be really interesting to see how they relate to society after everything they've learned. You can't just learn that sort of information and just go and ask what's for dinner, so that will be something to pay attention to in the coming episodes. You can already see in these last couple of episodes how much Satoru's personality has changed and not all of it has been positive. The storyline keeps impressing me, and I'm ready to see what's next. I do hope some of the production values can return to earlier levels, but that's the only real complain I can make.

duckroll

Next you guys are going to claim that somewhere there is a legitimately good show that's all about fucking dogs or something. Yeaaaaaaaaaah. :p

sleepykyo

Going to second/third the Fate-zero and Cowboy Bebop suggestions. And remove School Days from your list.

Uchip

Banned
"Thanks to its “exceedingly strong and provocative sexual depictions,” the 3rd Berserk movie – Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent – has been handed an 18+ rating by Japan’s movie censors"

good that theyre not holding back
now we just need confirmation that they fixed the cgi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom