• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Chuu2 07

God I love this show so much. The mix of drama and comedy in this show hasn't been something I've seen since I watched Clannad AS. Kyoani is truly the best, doing the best of key without actually being key. Easily my favorite show of the season and has completely restored my faith in Kyoani.

Also dat Rikka. My heart can't take this.

Joe Molotov

Smile Precure 38

Holy crap, this episode was pure diabetes fuel! If you could OD on kawaii, I'd need to have my stomach pumped right now. SQUEEEEE! ^_^

Also some NaoxYayoi potential for shipping fans.
And ReikaxWolfrun.

Defuser

Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai! ep 7

This episode goes on a rollercoaster ride of comedy and serious drama alternating.

You know what is the real crime here? We don't get to see Tooka in a swimsuit.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chuu2 07

God I love this show so much. The mix of drama and comedy in this show hasn't been something I've seen since I watched Clannad AS. Kyoani is truly the best, doing the best of key without actually being key. Easily my favorite show of the season and has completely restored my faith in Kyoani.

Also dat Rikka. My heart can't take this.

I agree. Been a while since KyoAni played up the feels.

I need next week to come nao. ;~;

Sure. Will give Tsuritama another chance and watch a few more episodes.
Have added Mononoke & School Days to my Watch List. Thanks guys.

Mononoke is the real recommendation here.
School Days is kind of special (bad) and an initiation rite around this place.

Hunter X Hunter is a personal favourite of mine and a really great shounen series.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Well, (OniAi LN spoilers, I guess)
Wikipedia says they aren't related. I suppose the anime hasn't gotten around to revealing this yet.

Well... derp. lol

This may sound weird
but I'm getting really fucking tired of creators pulling the "Oh they're not really related card". If people are going to go down that road, please have the balls to avoid some lame cop-out.

Q4yY2.gif

Can't wait!

/XX/

DBZ never did anything in one episode.
Yes it did...
Except the driving episode! Aka best Dragon Ball episode ever.
Casual 'fashionista' Piccolo alone makes it worthy!

SOMEONE needs to watch Princess Tutu! And Cardcaptor Sakura.
Don't forget Nadja!

Oh, I see. I was wondering if MAPPA was another one of those studios whose staff had a lot of people who left another studio, like Ordet was, if it was a studio like A-1, or if it was just really out of nowhere. It's interesting to know that it was founded by a founder of Madhouse. I guess that explains Kids on the Slope. I'll definitely need to pay attention to this studio.
To provide more information; he announced it at a panel from Otakon 2011 (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29741968&postcount=10330). And I remember that Miri was pretty confident in their work thanks to the good meals Mr. Maruyama offered to their employees... and... why don't you come around here anymore, Miri? :-(

Grzi

Hells Angels (Hells)

I really expected I would LOVE this movie, but I was a bit disappointed in the end. It's not bad by any means, but the pacing is pretty bad in the second half, the animation isn't as stellar as I expected it to be (the art is interesting though) and the action scenes aren't exactly that good (and they are short and don't happen that often). The story was interesting, but its execution was lacking. It was good, not great, Redline was much better (and prettier).

Pet Girl of Sakurasou 6
tumblr_mdey1j7Mi71rjz8a0o1_500.png

I think this is in the lead position for best drama and comedy at times among these type of adaptations for this season, which is unfortunately for Little Busters. Really emotional this time and pressing and poor Sorata having to just sit and watch. Jin's side is interesting too, he can help with everyone else but then has difficulty with his own pursuits too.
Though why the sad route, I thought Erika-chan could have won the voice acting competition not get that bad to even make her partners run away in tears
. Still wish I could have figured what the 15 minutes is.

I liked when the cat jumped and clicked Sorata's hand.

Space Brothers 26:
I love how they set up this exam. I was expecting that it was going to turn out that the interview wasn't the main thing, but I wasn't really expecting it to take quite this turn. It's a very interesting way to test the candidates, and there were some really great scenes with everyone. This show is always really effective at showing the way the characters attitudes change depending on their environment, and that's one of the things I really enjoy about it. Looking forward to seeing what happens when
Mutta and Azuma finally talk

But why did we lose Furuya and Fukuda in favor of that loser dude who gets drunk and talks about wasabi?

Maedhros

Chuunibyou 07

This show tries so hard to make the audience squee...

Too bad it doesn't work with me.

The drama parts were the best part, IMO. Finally some reasons to why she acts crazy. She's just looking for acceptance of her fathers death. Probably. It was really sad.

I would have dropped this show by now, but it's already ending... so I'll probably watch it 'till it ends.

Watching K-On!! 09 right now, and it's kind of surreal seeing these characters studying for the final exam considering my own students are currently doing the exact same thing. "We've already made the test!" *class collectively* "Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh????" I know them feels kids. I know them feels.

The whole show is actually doing a shockingly good job at capturing how normal/weird everyday life in school can be. God, I never thought I'd say that. Hahahaha.
The show really does bring back memories of high school for me. Maybe that's why I love it so much.
Oh god, K-On!! episode 10 is killing me. The note passing sequence is absolutely fucking perfect.

My students are so hilariously awful at being subtle that I literally just stare at them as they pass notes back and forth, thinking they're being really sneaky. Spoilers: turning to stare at the recipient of your note makes it REALLY obvious. Hahahaha. That, and nobody just passes scraps of paper. Everybody uses really nice stationary with cute shit on it.

I'm convinced there's some note passing store out there that supplies nice paper to school girls.
bcZAD.gif

Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai! ep 7

You know what is the real crime here? We don't get to see Tooka in a swimsuit.
That's what I meant last night when I said it was depressing.

Grzi

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - 07

While the story is becoming more and more shoujo (still charming though) the visuals in this episode were so vibrant and expressive that I couldn't care less.

EBITEN - 02

Wait .. Any show with stars or something like that is subjected to be parodied ?

SO this episode is about sailor moon .... the normal girl is actually an hyperactive girl with alot of imagination ...i see ..this show is not nearly as good as setokai no ichizon ...i hope the new member will spice things up ...

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
its can actually be a dangerous illness, so im not sure how its worth mocking
im guessing the way its portrayed is very KEY though
Look I am not knocking people who have it. Its just the anime makes it funny. I can't explain how or why (not without giggling at least). It just does. I know it can be dangerous, no need to treat me like a junior.

Also started watching phsyco w.e its called ... I now fear the future. But on the bright side we all get sweet looking HUDs

Metrotab

Banned
Horizon - 11

This show just doesn't 'click' with me at all. Nothing these people are doing is interesting. None of the bravado and dramatic speeches sound genuine. The battles are cool but last too short and are coated with way too much talking. Characters are interesting but most of them feel like they don't even do anything.

Horizon is committing the largest sin by making the prospect of another episode feel like a chore. It's just like Medaka Box.

cajunator

Banned
Kansai Kanna!

I like how amiami says that you can't combine other items with it for shipping purposes. lol

That reminds me of the time I got stopped by a cop and I had a giant duck plushie in the backseat of my truck. I was tired and I hate cops so I was nervous and he handcuffed me and put me in back of his car so he could search my truck. I guess he wanted to find something to incriminate me with. But all he found was the duck and a box of boxes so he gave up and left.

New Chihayafuru S2 visual and cast:

Oh helllllll YEAH. Put it in my veins RIGHT NOW.

Andrew J.

Zetsuen no Tempest 07

They really laid it on thick with the Hamlet quotes this time around. At least I won't have to hear any more Shakespeare references in the anime I watch today.

Psycho Pass 06

FFFFUUUUUUU-

Jex

The fact that they're still flogging those Patlabor super-deluxe editions makes me thing that Honneamise really badly miscalculated the demand when they had those things made up. They must have lost so much money on those sets, it's not surprising that they went out of business when considering they made decisions like that.

On the plus side, it allowed me to grab my set really cheap a few years go. It's the nicest collectors edition of anything that I own.

Articalys

Yet another Madoka Magica screening is set for December 1 in Philadelphia, PA, at Cinema 16:9.

Man, Aniplex USA just hates everywhere except the northeast and midwest now, huh. I really hope everyone else gets a chance soon.

Hyouge Mono 1

The appealingly quirky and unique material and the pedestrian at best Bee Train production are locked in a tight battle. I don't actually have a problem with the art and animation - it's not great, but it's acceptable. While set in the Warring States period, there isn't really action that requires strong animation or storyboarding, and the talking heads which dominate are competently drawn. Some poor layouts, which at times actually obscure the important characters, are more troublesome but tolerable. What do cause serious problems are the lazy pacing and above all the abysmal music and music direction. The chaotic rhythms and dissonance of the soundtrack are rather poor on their own merits, but are especially poor fits for the scenes they're placed against and made it rather difficult to focus on, say, the ship scene at the end.

Still, I might keep watching, especially since it isn't looking likely that I'll ever be able to read the manga in English, and the language is complex enough that I'd need several more years of study to read it in Japanese. Sasuke is an amusing protagonist, and his personality helps to keep things from becoming as dry as I thought they might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom