• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toriko 78 + 79 (funihulu)
tumblr_md996lIMs51rn5beeo2_500.gif

The tournament episode was kind of slow and dull but had its moments, I liked how Komatsu handled the dough and fruit pie looked good, while in 79 the chitose ame longetivity cane and the Yun yun yun stuff + Komatsu character song(?) was an enjoyable experience. I hope we get into a serious arc sometime?

Mandoric

Banned
Can we have this conversation Saturday night? Because I'm totally down for timing Ishida and Kamiya starring in Romeo & Juliet to an actual English script, but I'm busy tonight and tomorrow.

mAcOdIn

if the world had no incest, there would be no art or literature.
We'd probably all be smarter by like 50 IQ points and be writing this stuff from spaceships.
This season is so forgettable that I don't even know what it means to be watching the right shows.
I feel ya, I'm down to Tonari and not even that's that great.
But Tempest has been pretty entertaining.

So far my right shows have been:

Girls and Panzer
My Little Monster
Tempest
Pet Girl

and then guilty pleasures:

Medaka Box Abnormal
Total Eclipse

lastly dropped:
SAO

All and all, I'm happy with the current season.
I'm mister negative though! I can't share in the same joys others do.

jbug617

Banned
Zetsuen No Tempest: The Civilization Blaster 7

A love triangle. I should of known it was going to happen but man the incest relationship (which is not because they are not blood related) it's crazy. Everyone acknowledges the triangle other than Mahiro.

I still wonder how Mahiro is going to react once Yoshino's secret is revealed because at the end
he got the crazy eyes for revenge.

Articalys

Can we have this conversation Saturday night? Because I'm totally down for timing Ishida and Kamiya starring in Romeo & Juliet to an actual English script, but I'm busy tonight and tomorrow.
It took me a small bit of searching to figure out what the hell you were referring to, but I eventually stumbled across this.
Like the title implies, this is Romeo and Juliet. The catch here is that it is part of Momo&Grapes' Men's Only series, meaning that all characters are voiced by male seiyuu.
Seems like they market an entire line of CDs featuring famous literature narrated by an all-male voice cast.

Mandoric

Banned
It took me a small bit of searching to figure out what the hell you were referring to, but I eventually stumbled across this.

Seems like they market an entire line of CDs featuring famous literature narrated by an all-male voice cast.

Yes, and that one is fabulous. And it's been sitting on my hard drive for like two years, woefully unshared with the greater internet.

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 32

SIcjcl.jpg

I never asked for this !

To my surprise this episode was mmuch better than the previous one .. they weren't that much different except that yuna tried much more than ryuho did ..

as expected Cancer is always a bad card to draw , and yuna did well despite the circustances ..

The fight was average but i'm wondering just how the hell they will solve this given the status of each character so far ...

i think they even achieving to reach the middle of the houses would be a miracle at this point ... and the last episode proven that the power of frienship and teamwork doesn't work when your oponent is totally crazy...

wonzo

Banned
The iDOLM@STER: Shiny Festa OVA Groovy Tune

imasovagroovy.jpg
imasovagroovya.jpg

An entire special dedicated to Miki watching her precious honey~ acting like the playboy he truly is, getting stood-up by honey~, and then discovering the wonders of tomboy's only for honey~ to swoop back in and steal her from Makoto. He truly is the most worthless of characters. Anyways, the first and last two minutes (before ED) of each OVA seem to be identical with the rest of it being a mix of the usual idoru antics and some pretty awesome music video's. The ED's still owns so proclick that shit.

imasovagroovyb.jpg
imasovagroovyc.jpg

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chuunibyo 07

This show continues to be super adorable.
This episode was a little sad towards the end when we find out a bit of Rikka's past life story.
It would explain why she is always pretending. She is running away from a reality she is very afraid of.
Sister is still best girl. Not even a contest.

Also I LOVED this as an amateur radio operator myself:

A Yaesu FT101 Transciever? Where did you find that little lady?
On second thought its not an FT101. It might be older.

I loved this episode so much! :D Everyone was super adorable!

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 7
tumblr_mdidsgtgob1rkmjjzo1_500.gif

What was even the point of the scene, it didnt even go with anything that she was even saying, so it was just awkward. And why does Fake Summer have to beat on Isshiki all the time, it really ruins her character if shes gonna be like that all the time, quite unfair and mean.

Since Little Busters! and now this have handled the same sort of material
death
in the same time period, I guess I would say Little Busters made
death
way more emotional than this did. However I still think in both the characters around the affected just make it way too blunt even if it occurred years later.Though I guess everyone accepts the events in their own time.
At least the sister decided to have her confront this thing now instead of holding it off or just completely preventing Yuuta and Rikka from going out there, they need to do a family bond moment and make up and then confront the grandaddy

Regardless of that, still a really dramatic and interesting episode, I enjoyed it and hope it gets good resolution next week and hopefully many Dark Flame Master moments like this one had.

duckroll

Today's cliff notes quotes for educational anime:

Hamlet

"For ’tis a question left us yet to prove,
Whether love lead fortune, or else fortune love."

"But what we do determine oft we break.
Purpose is but the slave to memory"

"But look, the morn, in russet mantle clad,
Walks o'er the dew of yon high eastward hill."

Twelfth Night

"In faith, they are as true of heart as we. [...]
We men may say more, swear more: but indeed
Our shows are more than will; for still we prove
Much in our vows, but little in our love."

Titus Andronicus

"Because the girl should not survive her shame,
And by her presence still renew his sorrows."

"Kill'd her, for whom my tears have made me blind."

Orlandu84

I watched the first episode weeks ago, but I caught up tonight. I haven't laughed so hard at an anime in years! Oh the glorious mayhem of episode 4! this show make me laugh just by how it imagines the world - Tank themed cafes, tank hobby shops, tanks all over the place!

I know that it is predictable in how it resolves problems, but I don't care so long as it keeps making me laugh. The show will be complete (and probably unable to do any wrong) for me when it successfully references "Kelly's Heroes."

Ultimadrago

Kaiji S2 9-10

It's time to face
"The Man-Eating Bog"

Since this opponent is a
machine lacking human complexities
, I'm wondering how the show will attempt to mix things up in this arc.

On another note, Sakazaki is an...erm...interesting fellow.

Tsuritama 7:
Intense. :(

I feel bad for Natsuki, but
he was really out of line in hitting Sakura. That was a really shocking moment for me watching, because I never thought he would do something like that.
Even still, he's a pretty easy guy to sympathize with, and I really enjoyed the confrontation with his dad. I also liked seeing the scenes of Yuki reflecting again.

Akira has also firmly established himself as the best character in the show. He's always hilarious.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Sword Background Art Online 16 & 17

So Kirito's incestuous half sister is Lyfa in ALO?!?

AND YUI IS NOW A LITTLE PIXIE?!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY shit, why did I stop watching you?

plot still sucks, I'm not supposed to consider that, right?

Saint Seiya Omega 32
tumblr_mdefvbXVeA1r1n5pqo1_500.gif

Wow parts of the episode really dragged. Actually whenever Yuna was on it did. Koga parts were really good and Cancer Shiler had some good moments but why waste it with Yuna who, not surprisingly,
fails to impress. Koga has a marvelous showing triumphing excellent against the Gold Saint he was with shocking me as he stood against all his cracked bones, while all Yuna does is we see her rolling. Awful saint

Anyway I liked the episode overall mainly for Koga's performance, one of my favorite protagonists in a continuing series and never fails to disappoint me.

Started rewatching Kaiji, and I had forgotten how much of a pathetic loser he is at the beginning.

But that's why we love him!

On that note, I've got to give credit to his voice actor, Masato Hagiwara. While Hagiwara's performance for Akagi and Toua were much more emotionally restrained and one-note, in accordance with their personalities, he's able to give a much more vulnerable and volatile delivery for Kaiji which gets across his lack of self-confidence and desperation. His warbling cry of despair when
Endou corners him about slashing his car's tires
is both amusing and sad.

Stoof

I'm reminded about how much I liked the character designs in Tsuritama. Has Sentai said when they will release it in the US?

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 11

Oh my God, my boy's a bike! DAMN YOU! A BIIIIIIIKE!

So the Auto Club seniors release this demon that was trapped in a... CD. What did they use to seal evil demons before CDs? Did they seal them in floppies? Anyway, she's pretty evil. She has a mission to remove all happiness (too much happiness? OH NOES!!!!). But first she turns Keiichi into a motorcycle because she's a total asshole who wants to make Belldandy sad.

Urd rode Keiichi. (cue Beavis & Butthead laughter). Okay, I'm watching the English dub, so y'all are probably gonna tell me I'm doing it wrong. But I'm actually doing it right, because Urd's accent in this version is scientifically proven to cause boners in 71% of men.

Anyway, they take care of it and turn Keiichi back. Except he's naked, so Belldandy and Urd see his penis. I'm fairly confident that Urd will make small penis jokes in the near future.

cajunator

Banned
Ah! My Goddess 11

Oh my God, my boy's a bike! DAMN YOU! A BIIIIIIIKE!

So the Auto Club seniors release this demon that was trapped in a... CD. What did they use to seal evil demons before CDs? Did they seal them in floppies? Anyway, she's pretty evil. She has a mission to remove all happiness (too much happiness? OH NOES!!!!). But first she turns Keiichi into a motorcycle because she's a total asshole who wants to make Belldandy sad.

Urd rode Keiichi. (cue Beavis & Butthead laughter). Okay, I'm watching the English dub, so y'all are probably gonna tell me I'm doing it wrong. But I'm actually doing it right, because Urd's accent in this version is scientifically proven to cause boners in 71% of men.
Anyway, they take care of it and turn Keiichi back. Except he's naked, so Belldandy and Urd see his penis. I'm fairly confident that Urd will make small penis jokes in the near future.

Urd's dub is amazing.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the AMG dub.

Articalys

Robotics;Notes 6

A bit more teasing of the main plot, some amusing fujoshi antics from Frau, and a DRAMA cliffhanger at the end with
Subaru's family issues and Aki collapsing again

I'll admit my patience is starting to wear a bit thin, but as long as they move the main story ahead at least a little bit each episode, it should be alright.

Magi 6

The Sinbad character sounds awesome, though really, no clothes?

The worst episode thus far though. Why do they make Morg so overpowered and dull personality, it makes her really boring and ultimately made this is a really boring and kind of pointless episode. I miss Alibaba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom