• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

[Magi] - 7

I'm kind of shocked to hear a show with so much badly done voice casting. It's such a rare occurrence that I wasn't even aware it was something that could go wrong. How does one screw up this badly anyway?

jbug617

Banned
I'm still waiting for my Wii-U arrive. So how long did it take you guys to download the update and also does it matter on the speed of the connection

Grzi

Magi - 07

yeXUD.jpg

Good episode and a nice star to the arc. The music was a bit better this episode too.
What I don't like is how they handle the comedic moments, they just feel very awkward, and it's like they rush the punchline or whatever. It doesn't work most of the time, unfortunately.

I don't have a problem with Kassim's voice though, seems fine to me.

yami4ct

To be fair, Orihime started with something and went down.

Pre-Soul Society arc, Bleach was full of interesting characters and ideas. Soul Society completely blew all that. Overcomplicated the world. Kubo used that complication to get lazy, thus the characters got worse. Soul Society arc is the Gundam SEED Destiny of the Bleach world. Sadly, unlike SEED Destiny, Bleach has kept shambling on.

I'm still waiting for my Wii-U arrive. So how long did it take you guys to download the update and also does it matter on the speed of the connection

Took me a couple of hours. Hopefully by the time you get yours it'll be a bit faster. I also had to do an update for NSMBU that took a couple of minutes.

yami4ct

Hahahahahaha.

Guess Nintendo still really strict guidelines.

I expect it'll losen with time. Nintendo is desperate for this launch to go smoothly. A negative story about a child seeing something even remotely bad could really hurt going into the holiday. Thus, they are being as strict and careful as possible.

Mandoric

Banned
Their Blood+ OP was pretty good, not to mention the OP sequence itself was fantastic

Is the term "anime artist" legit though? Ive wondered the how and why bands are chosen to do anime songs. Given that Aniplex pretty much has the monopoly on that stuff now, isn't it just a case of Sony finding bands from its catalog that it wants to pimp and give more exposure to? I wonder how often the anime staff themselves have a say in it.

There's also Flying Dog and Lantis. Often even for shows published by Aniplex; they really don't have that much of an influence on the music side.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 08

Really fun episode. Festival does not disappoint and I really liked the fun little things in this episode that made it enjoyable to watch. Of course, this is the case every episode so whatever~

Jex

Man, you guys put way too much energy into deciphering Eva.

Perhaps this is your first encounter with Evangelion? If Anno still 'has it' none of these questions will have been answered by the time the film series wraps up. If he's lost it, everything will be explained.

Jex

Well I actually somewhat disagree with this but not for any factual reason really but more because I feel visuals always take the precedence when it comes to any visual medium, other than writing which I feel is crucial for any work. You can get away with mediocre audio if the visuals are impressive enough. That said, audio can both enhance and also detract from an experience if they're exceptional in one way or another on the quality scale.

I'm sorry to shatter your world view, but I feel that these two videos explain why I made that statement:

Spoilers for ET: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWcg3cITkTI

Spoilers for Jaws: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2K-YedETiI

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Perhaps this is your first encounter with Evangelion? If Anno still 'has it' none of these questions will have been answered by the time the film series wraps up. If he's lost it, everything will be explained.
I'm rather enjoying the Eva talk myself. Light years better than discussing SAO.
I'm sorry to shatter your world view, but I feel that these two videos explain why I made that statement:

Spoilers for ET: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWcg3cITkTI

Spoilers for Jaws: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2K-YedETiI
Get your own schtick dawg.

Jex

I've never gotten the ridiculous appeal Rei has to some people. I mean, I suppose it's endearing that she slowly develops into a human being, and her
refusal of Gendo in EoE
was something I'd been waiting a long time to see, but otherwise, I dunno. I don't see the appeal.

I feel that it's worth pointing out that it's not "some people", rather, it's the vast majority of the fandom, at least based on polls and merchandise sales and the like. She has always been, and will presumably always will be, the most popular character in the franchise by what I imagine must be some order of magnitude. Which isn't to say that I disagree with you, just that there's even more crazy people than you make out!
Evangelion 3.0 opening weekend: 771,764 viewers, gross of ¥1.13 billion yen ($14 million). Wow.

Good golly.

/XX/

I feel that it's worth pointing out that it's not "some people", rather, it's the vast majority of the fandom, at least based on polls and merchandise sales and the like. She has always been, and will presumably always will be, the most popular character in the franchise by what I imagine must be some order of magnitude. Which isn't to say that I disagree with you, just that there's even more crazy people than you make out!
Hey, that Asuka won one of the monthly Newtype polls over Ayanami, shortly after the release of Evangelion: 2.0!

Now that the demographic spectrum who follows the franchise has been getting bigger and bigger (well, tainted by the Rebuild of Evangelion perspective and not the one from the original series, but whatever...) we could even end up seeing some different, more varied results one of these days, on much broader and ambitious polls!

But now seriously, preferences on characters are trifles... one series and each of its characters makes a whole unity that doesn't exists outside the role they have on it. So everyone is indispensable and equally important for its balance.

Khara > Shaft?
Amusing comment that I'm not going to endorse or even show a source for it; precisely some people have been accusing Aniplex Inc., of falsifying some recent numbers...

Ultimadrago

To be fair, UVERworld also sang the first OP for the Blue Exorcist TV series, so it's not unsurprising that they do the OP for the film. But whenever I think of UVERworld I think of D-Tecnolife as well - and I don't think I actually watched Bleach by the time that was used as the OP.

UVERworld have done pretty well for themselves, given how many other "anime" artists have crashed and burned since. UVERworld are linked in my head to Hitomi Takahashi - they both did themes for Blood+, both did OPs for Terra E, both did Gundam themes etc. But whereas Hitomi Takahashi has disappeared from the industry it seems, UVERworld's albums top the charts and they're in regular demand.

(I wanted to use this post as an excuse to link to Takahashi's JET BOY JET GIRL, but I can't find any videos of it on Youtube. So have a link to UVERworld's Blood+ OP instead, which is a sakuga otaku favourite, although my preferred OP from that show has always been OP2)

Thanks for the post and reference links. These other OPs are definitely superior to the Bleach one that comes to mind.

I got my 30 DVD Mystery Grab Bag!! from Crunchyroll/RightStuf, and of course it's every bit as shitty as I knew it would be, but who can resist the allure of the Mystery Grab Bag!!

Basically, it's just a bunch of random volumes of Geneon and ADV anime circa 2004. The stuff no one's gonna buy because no one buys volumes of anime anymore.

Thanks for taking a stab and pictures, as I wanted to witness what a giant "Enron Mystery Box" would like.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - 07 (Can't believe I forgot to watch this last week)

Zx0UN.png
OZaT4.png

s4P6B.png
qEIZ4.png

ShizuxNatsu ship? :O Sounds like bitterness coming out of her voice! Fight on Natsume and win her love!
In a perfect world they would've made her a lesbian.

Natsume is awesome. I'd totally get on a ship with her and Shizu.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - 08

Very solid episode, I just hope this is the extent of
blondie's involvement with Shizu and Co. as I don't want him fucking things up just when Shizu and Haru are getting back on track.

/XX/

Except Shinji, no one likes him.
Sorry, but I like him! As what he is and what he shows on his position as main character... however I don't have to agree with him or share his thoughts... for me to reach this conclusion, obviously.

cajunator

Banned
Isnt it the same sound Yoshi makes in SSB franchise?

very similar, yes.

Pickup this week. This came quicker than I thought because it got delayed till first week of December.

A8Fkm9-CEAAKMm7.jpg

Whaaaat? I bet this is being held up by something else in the same order on rightstuf in my case :(

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - 07 (Can't believe I forgot to watch this last week)

Natsume is awesome. I'd totally get on a ship with her and Shizu.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - 08

Very solid episode, I just hope this is the extent of
blondie's involvement with Shizu and Co. as I don't want him fucking things up just when Shizu and Haru are getting back on track.

Tiny hats <3

Sorry, but I like him! As what he is and what he shows on his position as main character... however I don't have to agree with him or share his thoughts... for me to reach this conclusion, obviously.

I can tolerate him, though some of his behavior gets grating to me.

Magi 7

Only 7 eps in, and already a lot of dudes with same face.

Show plot beats been pretty dull so far. You don't see his many debuff based weapons in a show this early though. Interesting.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Extollere, you've seen
Sora No Otoshimono
, correct?

No, lol.

That's pretty funny, but pantsu bereft of their bottoms aren't nearly as interesting to look at. It's the form that give the panties life, you see. The real tragedy is that nearly every ecchi show I've seen or looked into lacks this insight, focusing more on the garments themselves than the underlying shapes which describe them. The most recent offender, Kyou no Asuka Show is a prime example of this. If it's not too flat it's too round, and if it isn't either of those I can be sure the crotch is placed upside down or in the wrong area. Few shows are willing to put both artistic know-how and delicacy into other areas while giving the same hand to the more salacious bits. HSOTD knew how, but when it comes to shows that should excel in this area very few even pick up the ball. It's almost like they don't even know their way around a pencil!

cajunator

Banned
No, lol.

That's pretty funny, but pantsu bereft of their bottoms aren't nearly as interesting to look at. It's the form that give the panties life, you see. The real tragedy is that nearly every ecchi show I've seen or looked into lacks this insight, focusing more on the garments themselves than the underlying shapes which describe them. The most recent offender, Kyou no Asuka Show is a prime example of this. If it's not too flat it's too round, and if it isn't either of those I can be sure the crotch is placed upside down or in the wrong area. Few shows are willing to put both artistic know-how and delicacy into other areas while giving the same hand to the more salacious bits. HSOTD knew how, but when it comes to shows that should excel in this area very few even pick up the ball. It's almost like they don't even know their way around a pencil!

Oh, I think you might like SNO.
The creator is VERY perverted and puts great care into fanservice.

Syrinx

No, lol.

I didn't know pantsu shot connoisseurs had such discriminating tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom