• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Gundam SEED Episode 32

Yeah, no, I'm not buying that.
Oh I, a blind priest on an island in the pacific found your body, Kira, but nobody contacted me when ORB was searching the area for you, and I couldn't have been reached anyway because in the space of a day I made the trip from my so remote island that ORB forces didn't even think to stop there to talk to me, to the PLANTs in one day. Even with the excuse that he was already making that trip to see Seagel Clyne, it makes no sense that he would take Kira, an Earth Forces soldier, and deliver him to Seagel's daughter, and not the appropriate authorities. But I guess magical seeds are the answer, so whatever.

And DAMN THIS SHOW AND IT'S NOT SLAPPING ANYBODY. Flay deserved it this time, Sai! C'MON AND LET LOOSE.

You are experiencing Gundam SEED in its purist form, absolute frustration. The good aspects of that show are interesting, but the bad aspects are close to absolute garbage. The only reason it's not the worst Gundam show is that Destiny, 00 Season 2, Age and ZZ exist. ZZ is arguable. It's about on the same level as SEED. Oh well, at least SEED has nice suits, if their proportions are a bit off.

Ooooh my fucking god. Say it isn't so!

My heart. God fucking damn it! ;_;

6djCnl.jpg

And at the end of the episode the cripple girl is in critical condition too...

Pet Girl of Sakurasou 7
tumblr_mdrqt87jj11qbxqfpo1_500.png

Mixed feelings over the episode, hated the fact they threw in fanservice stuff again to get in the way of plot
that swift panty shot and then the girl on girl action in the hot bath, why :/
. Though the basis of the episode with Imouto were pretty hilarious at times, well her reactions and then how she caused the others to respond, even if it made me want to throw my sackboy at the screen, why cant these female character be independent or something
really it doesnt take that much effort to find him in this small place
and cant for get Nancy and the other girl driving lessons, lol, and wait Ryuunosuke is a girl, form what Imouto said?!

Best moment
tumblr_mdrrkiwPXA1qbxqfpo1_500.png

And then all those visual genjutsus were great.

trejo

Magi 7

I'm still liking this show despite what anyone says. I dunno, it just does a good job of scratching my adventurous animu itch to the point where it's easy to overlook its flaws and just enjoy the ride. I suppose it also helps that I don't get bent out of shape when an adaptation doesn't follow the source material to a T.

Mostly, though, it's because of Mor.

CorvoSol

Are you still watching the normal one or the remaster?

Still the non-HD. Will HD change the plot? Is it in English on Youtube?

You are experiencing Gundam SEED in its purist form, absolute frustration. The good aspects of that show are interesting, but the bad aspects are close to absolute garbage. The only reason it's not the worst Gundam show is that Destiny, 00 Season 2, Age and ZZ exist. ZZ is arguable. It's about on the same level as SEED. Oh well, at least SEED has nice suits, if their proportions are a bit off.

I mean, I like it, but MAN I JUST WANT THEM ALL TO GET SLAPPED. I'm sticking with this so I can find out how Kira becomes who he is in Destiny. In Destiny he seemed really cold and reserved, and that's NOT how he is now.

yami4ct

Man, rewatching Eva is like falling in love all over again. Same feeling I got from Cowboy Bebop. It's just such a rare feeling nowadays. This season, JoJo has done that for me. Before that, it was probably when I was reading Hunter x Hunter. It's this feeling that keeps me coming back to TV. When you really click with a show, it's just right.

Magi 7

I'm still liking this show despite what anyone says. I dunno, it just does a good job of scratching my adventurous animu itch to the point where it's easy to overlook its flaws and just enjoy the ride. I suppose it also helps that I don't get bent out of shape when an adaptation doesn't follow the source material to a T.

This episode was really faithful, though. People are complaining more about the miscast voices and the direction I guess.

For what it's worth, I liked the episode too.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
guyz what happened to the anime streaming sites? they're all down...well the ones I frequent to

Uchip

Banned
This episode was really faithful, though. People are complaining more about the miscast voices and the direction I guess.

For what it's worth, I liked the episode too.

I forget if it was you that recommended me Toriko
but man, I cant get over the fact that the entire premise is based around Poaching rare animals

cajunator

Banned
My Little Monster 8

Poor Natsume, I'd be pretty sad too if I were forced to wear a small hat. A real crime against humanity.

God NAtsume is soooo adorable.

Yeah, it's a real shame. :(

Nah. Shaft makes money. They will make the show a success.

Sounds like the Serial Experiments Lain Blu-rays will be shipping tomorrow from RightStuf. I know what I will be doing this Friday.

Ok, so if Black Lagoon is already shipping out, this comes out tomorrow, and Bakemonagatari set comes out tomorrow too, that means they can finally ship my order :D (a very expensive order)

Is there anyplace online I could buy artbooks for older series or is that the realm of ebay after so long?

Ive been wondering this too lately. My friend has a bunch of old artbooks and Im super jelly.

I'll eat my hat if the hair looks like that in the anime.

Its not like shaft hasn't made awesome hair before. They are actually pretty good at it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Company of Heroes Girls 6

Dat CG pen:
VyM2Ol.jpg

The music direction was nice in this episode I guess? They threw in whatever sounded American, but obviously wouldn't actually pay to license any real songs, so it was just amusing.

but man, I cant get over the fact that the entire premise is based around Poaching rare animals

It gets a bit more complicated than that, but yeah that's the basic idea. Of course, there are actual villains that you will see soonish.

Instro

you know plants can be endangered species too, right?

Technically the stuff they hunt isn't endangered, just extremely strong or hard to get to. The villains of the show are the real poaching types, like they will kill shit even if they don't need to and stuff.

Uchip

Banned
It gets a bit more complicated than that, but yeah that's the basic idea. Of course, there are actual villains that you will see soonish.

the intro episodes were really strange for me
It starts with a One Piece crossover and then goes straight into it without showing how these characters met. Kind of confusing.

Technically the stuff they hunt isn't endangered, just extremely strong or hard to get to. The villains of the show are the real poaching types, like they will kill shit even if they don't need to and stuff.

well I guess ill keep watching

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Birdy the Mighty 1-8
Because what else is there to do on a plane but watch anime?

I feel bad now for never getting past the first few minutes every other time I've tried to watch this show. I blame the awful CG space ships.

This is ridiculously good so far, the interwoven-ness of the alien plotline and the human plotline works really well, there's a slight air of realism to the human parts that really sells the characters, and the animation is gorgeous. There's still flaws, the fanservice is somewhat excessive, Shyamalan is a little too out there, but this is shaping up to be one of my favorite series in quite a while.

You're Under Arrest 3-4

I love this show, so much better than that terrible R.O.D. thing.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Still the non-HD. Will HD change the plot? Is it in English on Youtube?

I mean, I like it, but MAN I JUST WANT THEM ALL TO GET SLAPPED. I'm sticking with this so I can find out how Kira becomes who he is in Destiny. In Destiny he seemed really cold and reserved, and that's NOT how he is now.

It's on youtube. No they do not change the plot.

cajunator

Banned
Girls und Panzer 6

iUmlrqZJjL6bF.gif

All I'm gonna say is the 2 weeks wait was so worth it. Fantastic episode.

I don't see what that has to do with the animation quality.

Shaft has great animation quality.

You're Under Arrest 3-4

I love this show, so much better than that terrible R.O.D. thing.

I love R.O.D. a ton but yeah You're Under Arrest is an absolute classic.
Why do people hate ROD so much? It was very very well received when it came out.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Shaft has great animation quality.

I love R.O.D. a ton but yeah You're Under Arrest is an absolute classic.
Why do people hate ROD so much? It was very very well received when it came out.

Yomiko is one of the worst characters ever, and the plot is nonsensical, but not in an entertaining way.

Cwarrior

Problem? doesn't get more manly then men hunting rare animals and killing them with their bare hands in order to satisfy their insatiable appetite.

Uchip

Banned
Magi 7

No problem with the ep as an adaptation, but it kind of lacked impact in some important areas. Also, Cassim's voice is weird as hell for his character.

LOL, is that an accidental clone stamp? how does that make it into the final product?

Problem? doesn't get more manly then men hunting rare animals and killing them with their bare hands in order to satisfy their insatiable appetite.

primal doesn't necessarily equate to manliness

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My Little Monster 8
Junk. Trash. Garbage. I'd keep going but then I'd be repeating myself more than this show. The behavior of the main characters in this episode is inconsiderate, confrontational, and generally just nonsensical. Fortunately none of it ever matters because nothing in this show ever changes, and there are no consequences to anything that occurs. The scenes that were supposed to be dramatic all felt awful, and their simplicity always led to one party being to blame. It wound up being situations without tension or depth that I found it impossible to engage with.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 07

This was a very amusing episode. Besides the extremely boring plot of more imouto action, they really livened it up with a crazy amount of visual and some sound gags all over the episode. Hell even the loosey B-plot was fun and wacky and pretty non expected from the get go.

cajunator

Banned
Yomiko is one of the worst characters ever, and the plot is nonsensical, but not in an entertaining way.

I honestly disagree with every single part of this post.
Yomiko is a total cutie, especially her British dub. HNNNNGH. Love me some Yomiko.
The plot is indeed nonsensical in a way but its a show where characters can control paper like a superpower simply because they have a supreme love of books. Its crazy, fun, enjoyable stuff. One of the most creative animes Ive ever seen.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
You are literally the second person I have ever heard of that didnt like ROD.
Im honestly fascinated with how different this forum is from pretty much everywhere else.

I liked the ROD Ova. Saw it several times, and I think it's highly enjoyable. ZA PEIPAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom