• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gintama' 251

UybFT.jpg
tHn0m.jpg

Not many shows will actually discuss what is going wrong production and story telling wise.

wonzo

Banned
The R.O.D OVA owned and was pretty much last thing DEEN ever made that was consistently well animated.

oh and yomiko > *

Cwarrior

pretend or not, its the light in which they portray it
pedo incest anime for example, its not a positive existence no matter how you spin it

Just watch it,if something happens u don't like stop.

Toriko lives by his code, there other factions of characters that live by the code of preserving and protecting rare animals so it isn't" yo let's kill some whales the anime".

I don't remeber toriko killing endangered animals but he goes for tasty very difficult to catch animals(each animal has a catch level he goes for the high ones) for example more dangerous the animal the higher the catch level.

Funny thing there mostly eating rare fruits or plants.

I don't think there's anything in there your going to be disspleased by.

Uchip

Banned
Just watch it,if something happens u don't like stop.

Toriko lives by his code, there other factions of characters that live by the code of preserving and protecting rare animals so it isn't" yo let's kill some whales the anime".

I don't remeber toriko killing indangerd animals but he goes for tasty very difficult to catch animals(each animal has a catch level he goes for the high ones) for example more dangerous the animal the higher the catch level.

Funny thing there mostly eating rare fruits or plants.

I don't think there's anything in there your going to be disspleased by.

Like I said before, ill keep watching it
"you sound like a vegetarian" is a bit of an immature statement

yami4ct

So Kira's finally
gotten the Freedom
. I assume this is when things really pick up, right?

Eh, kind of. Action starts getting more exciting. I like the Strike, but Freedom is one of the biggest hax0r Gundams outside of Strike Freedom. Last battle, which goes on forever, is pretty epic. Story wise, it's SEED. It remains SEED. Take from that what you will.

Jex

I still strongly disagree. I do think sound can greatly add to a scene, and that it can be really crucial in addition to the visuals. They're both obviously important but I would still rather have impressive visuals over sound. The work by Goldsmith in Alien for example is crucial for some of the more tense moments but the visuals themselves are also of the highest importance.

A well constructed soundtrack is so powerful that it can essentially create a mood out of thin air. This isn't to say that visuals are unimportant, because that wouldn't make any sense, but at the very least it's 50/50 in some cases.

Cwarrior

Like I said before, ill keep watching it
"you sound like a vegetarian" is a bit of an immature statement

I was only playing about, sorry if I have offended any vegetarians on this message board.

To warn you animal cruelty does happen as many animals are punched in the gut during the run of this anime.

cajunator

Banned
The ROD OVA is great. Solid action, great music, crazy villains. We don't get action OVAs like that these days. :(

So true. I could understand dissent about the ROD TV series as it was quite uneven and plodding at times, but the OVAs flowed like the best hero action movies. It had a superhero show meets James Bond vibe. Sooooooo much fun.

The R.O.D OVA owned and was pretty much last thing DEEN ever made that was consistently well animated.

oh and yomiko > *

This is totally true. Yomiko is astoundingly adorable with her book fetish and nerdiness.

Gintama' 252

And, what a way to end Gintama'! Completely hilarious and totally random episode with just about everything that makes this show amazing. Really nice use of the supporting cast and just endless comedy over and over.

Thanks for another great year of Gintama'!

Articalys

E7 AO 23

He was okay in episode 22 on his own, but the scene at the end with Keiji Fujiwara as Renton opposite Kaori Nazuka still as Eureka just really doesn't feel right.

Instro

E7 AO 23

He was okay in episode 22 on his own, but the scene at the end with Keiji Fujiwara as Renton opposite Kaori Nazuka still as Eureka just really doesn't feel right.

It really doesn't, its fucking weird.

Crazy ass episode action/animation wise though, that was fun to watch. Don't really care what is going on in the story at this point.

CorvoSol

Eh, kind of. Action starts getting more exciting. I like the Strike, but Freedom is one of the biggest hax0r Gundams outside of Strike Freedom. Last battle, which goes on forever, is pretty epic. Story wise, it's SEED. It remains SEED. Take from that what you will.

I take from it the fact that SEED mode will never really be explained, that I will wait episodes on end without any actual development of Kira and Lacus' perfect relationship, sympathize with Athrun for not loving perfect princess Lacus and at the same time questioning his down grade to Cagali, roll my eyes at the increasingly lame revelations (can't wait for Rau to remove his mask and GASP IT'S WHO GIVES A FUCK), privately cheer Sai on every time he rebuffs Flay hereafter, and wish the show would get on with it and indulge me in my Mu/Murrue shipping.

Oh, and I will continue to be deprived of a good, wholesome slap to the face. And I will wish death on Haro forever because he exists solely to be a nuisance during otherwise emotional or dramatic scenes.

Mature

My R.O.D defense force wristband started blinking? Man, I still really want that awesome TV Blu-Ray set, but can't justify the price. Especially after buying the 1st episode book case special edition thing and each subsequent DVD volume. Remnants of a marginally more expensive era of anime.

Also, Yomiko's great and all, but...

yami4ct

I take from it the fact that SEED mode will never really be explained, that I will wait episodes on end without any actual development of Kira and Lacus' perfect relationship, sympathize with Athrun for not loving perfect princess Lacus and at the same time questioning his down grade to Cagali, roll my eyes at the increasingly lame revelations (can't wait for Rau to remove his mask and GASP IT'S WHO GIVES A FUCK), privately cheer Sai on every time he rebuffs Flay hereafter, and wish the show would get on with it and indulge me in my Mu/Murrue shipping.

Oh, and I will continue to be deprived of a good, wholesome slap to the face. And I will wish death on Haro forever because he exists solely to be a nuisance during otherwise emotional or dramatic scenes.

Oh boy, seeing you find that one out is going to be fuuuuuuuuun. Maybe most contrived moment of the show. As for the slap, I believe SEED only has one and it's not for who you'd want it to be for. Other than that, you're kind of right on the money.

Dead

well not really...yet
My R.O.D defense force wristband started blinking? Man, I still really want that awesome TV Blu-Ray set, but can't justify the price. Especially after buying the 1st episode book case special edition thing and each subsequent DVD volume. Remnants of a marginally more expensive era of anime.

also happens to be the superior era!

Dead

well not really...yet
I think the quality of anime can be directly correlated to how expensive purchasing it in the US is!

The cheaper it gets here, the worse the quality of shows in Japan get!

CorvoSol

Oh boy, seeing you find that one out is going to be fuuuuuuuuun. Maybe most contrived moment of the show. As for the slap, I believe SEED only has one and it's not for who you'd want it to be for. Other than that, you're kind of right on the money.

Cagali got slapped, and that's been it. I appreciated it, but if I'd known I only got one I'd have saved it for someone else.

I already have some crazy guesses as to who Rau is.

1) Rau is Mu La Flaga, hence why they sense each other. Also,
when he was just wearing sunglasses in Alaska he looked like Mu, but it's hard to say given the nature of faces in this show.
2) Rau AND Mu are clones of the guy who was the first coordinator. Because heaven forbid that there be at least one Natural who could keep pace with the Coordinators.
3)Rau is a clone of Flay's dad. Because.
4) Rau Le Creuset is Athrun's mom, because if this were Evangelion that's how it'd work out.
5) Rau is actually Rau Le Creuset, and everything has just been coincidence.

cajunator

Banned

I have the book case, the last volume artbox with the figure and then the ROD TV bluray set. I went crazy for the series.

yami4ct

Cagali got slapped, and that's been it. I appreciated it, but if I'd known I only got one I'd have saved it for someone else.

I already have some crazy guesses as to who Rau is.

1) Rau is Mu La Flaga, hence why they sense each other. Also,
when he was just wearing sunglasses in Alaska he looked like Mu, but it's hard to say given the nature of faces in this show.
2) Rau AND Mu are clones of the guy who was the first coordinator. Because heaven forbid that there be at least one Natural who could keep pace with the Coordinators.
3)Rau is a clone of Flay's dad. Because.
4) Rau Le Creuset is Athrun's mom, because if this were Evangelion that's how it'd work out.
5) Rau is actually Rau Le Creuset, and everything has just been coincidence.

Oh man, I don't want to spoil it. You're so close. Just let it come naturally and all settle in. It's more fun that way.

Rau Le Creuset is actually Gundam
We all know that dubious honor can only fall upon the shoulders of one man.

iamgundam.jpg

Grzi

More Cowboy Bebop discussion is never a bad thing.

If I had to resume Cowboy Bebop in a sentence it would be a cartoon about a bunch of pathetic losers who cannot move on with time. It's a pretty sad state of things.

This is a good and correct description of my favorite show ever.

Dead

well not really...yet
whats funny is I dont even remember the real answer, nor if there even was a twist of any sort. Like my mind is drawing a complete blank.

Every detail of Destiny is seared into my memory forever though. :(

Jarmel

Banned
Eureka 23-

NOT A GOD DAMN THING IN THIS SHOW MAKES ANY SENSE.

While it's pretty, this is worst than any Lindelof script I could begin to imagine. It makes the Prometheus script look Oscar worthy. Why is X doing Y? How is this possible? Apparently nobody producing the show gives a shit as they're too busy with the camera angles to take a minute to actually look at the fucking script. It's like a bunch of monkeys throwing their feces at a wall and someone trying to interpret it as art.

Also if this is the way that they handled the main villain then this will go down as the shittiest and most anti-climatic show I have ever seen or read. No hyperbole there, I am dead serious. There hasn't been any payoff to a single thing in this show.

This is worst than the Eureka 7 movie. Atleast with that, it was two hours of bullshit.

yami4ct

whats funny is I dont even remember the real answer, nor if there even was a twist of any sort. Like my mind is drawing a complete blank.

Every detail of Destiny is seared into my memory forever though. :(

We shoulder that weight together, my friend. As a long time Gundam fan, especially of UC, Destiny feels like a war crime. Age is bad, terrible at some points, but it looks wonderful next to Destiny.

Dead

well not really...yet
I doubt Ill ever watch Age.

I think OO is worse than Destiny though. At least Destiny had entertainment value in how bad it was. I remember when episode 50 came out, and the "Flawless Victory" screencap was being spammed. It was just so ludicrously amazing, rofl.

Lain

From The New World 8

I didn't like it. Apart from the relationships, which have an explanation from past episodes, I really don't get the characters and their actions (Saki most of all) and I feel that a big part is because of the direction.

yami4ct

I doubt Ill ever watch Age.

I think OO is worse than Destiny though. At least Destiny had entertainment value in how bad it was.

I think 00 season 1 is legitimately good. That series has great ideas. Also, Season 1 has some of the best Gundam AU suit design ever. Those facts help make up for the atrocity that is season 2 and the movie.

Articalys

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 7

While I'll admit that parts of this did have me laughing, I still want my twenty minutes back.
Still, the worst affront of this episode is failing to lead into the ED in the last few seconds of the episode, instead wasting them on a Misaki joke.

edit: also Sorata's parents must hate him or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom