• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Little Monster - Episode 8
I think Shizuku and Haru's relationship has hit a point where I really just want them to shut up and fuck instead of dragging this on any further. Either that or give some episodes to the supporting cast instead, because focusing on a relationship which is going nowhere is getting annoying. >_<

I'm kind of still liking the show, but I do see your point. Kimi ni Todoke felt that way to me, but as with this show I stuck with it because I liked the characters well enough.

were the previous episodes not enough? It started as clusterfuck and ended as clusterfuck.

I didn't honestly hate it as much as some people did, though I'll admit it was rather convoluted. Was trying to withhold judgement on the series as a whole until I saw the ending.

One Piece: Episode of Nami
tumblr_m9l3xpAAZE1r1sj6oo1_500.gif

Well was crying tears of joy from about 1hr 12 minutes in until just about 1hr 41mins in. They made Arlong Park have litrally one of the best sequence of fight moments in One Piece, completely changes my opinion on the placement of the arc. I hope the same quality can be attained in that Episode of Luffy Hand Island or whatever thats coming up in December.

Zoro was utterly fantastic everytime he was on screen and what not and his outfit. Zoro v
Hachi was the best moment in this whole thing, three sword style v six sword style and then the way it was done
. They made Ussop's tricks seem to have an even larger and better effect than it appeared in the tv anime, like the smokescreen, and then Sanji
all those kicks and stuff versus the one dude once they emerge from the water, i was glued up close to see it, so many points of contact and then that end of fight line about him not wanting that dessert, epic
. Luffy's was really good too
the aerial combat portion when he made his hands like webs, and then the part when he did the gomu gomu no axe and the whole building was destroyed, stunning. I liked when he grabbed the swords even if it looked kind of goofy, it was still fun.

Not much to say on the story as its just a huge recap and I guess a good standalone if I didnt want to rewatch all the episodes of the arc. Wonder whats next. 8.

Defuser

Eureka AO ep 23 and 24

TJx71.jpg

Fuck you Bones, fuck you fuck you fuck you. That ending single handily ruin the whole damn franchise. AO = Spiderman 3, fuck it's a insult to even Spiderman 3.

Articalys

Defuser

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojou ep 7

Wow, a wacky, hilarious pointless episode. A fresh change after all that heavy drama shit going on. Aoyama still proving to be best girl and the imouto acknowledges it.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Gunbuster - 01

Holy shit. This is perfect.

Dem girls, dem robots, dat animation, Wakamoto as Coach, the story, the school, the setting. It's all great.

IxCZV.jpg
Xyyfy.jpg

kach0.jpg
fq2L3.jpg

NOOo you jerk what are you doing?! You jumpin my gun!! I'm literally about to watch this as soon as I get home!

*bail out*

Girls und Panzer - Episode 6

Best show this season, confirmed. Each episode gets better and better, the characters are all lovable, the story is sporting as hell, the tank battles are exciting and a joy to watch, the music direction and arrangement is crazy good. What's not to like? This is the perfect marriage of a ridiculous concept, superb writing and direction, and a true understanding of what makes shounen sports appealing in entertainment.

It was totally worth waiting an extra week for this episode. The use of long aerial shots to show the tank movements in the battle really help to further highlight how well thought out the strategy and tactics are in the show. Amazing FUCK YEAH USA music throughout too. Can't wait for more. Just inject this directly into my veins please!
Lets not go overboard, it has some of the most predictable noticeable plot armor around.

Grzi

Eureka Seven AO - 24 [end]

LMCpX.png

Beginning of this episode needed to happen a few months ago.

I guess it might be due to me having no fucking clue what's going on (skipped a few eps), but I'm totally down with this ending. It doesn't make sense and there's a lot of unexplained tears, and I get the feeling that - just as the Retcon Cannon rewrote its canon thrice - it's the end result of many in-progress rewrites and rehashes, but then, it was clear after they failed to follow up on the excellence of episode 13 that the show might just be a conceptual failure. But . . . it feels good. I don't have to think about it. I laughed a few times, I was puzzled, and in delighted child-like confusion, I watched the credits roll.

My main disappointment is that at least Star Driver went out with a bang.

Yeah, this is pretty much how I felt.
I had the lowest possible expectations for these last two episodes and when it ended I actually had a smile on my face, and not just because of the stupidity. I don't know, the story definitely was garbage, but hey, they managed to conclude it in a way, which is more than I expected after witnessing most of the episodes of the show.
The sakuga was great and the music was simply phenomenal (
when those bastards played a remix of Niji it tugged on a few heartstrings, I admit
) and I had fun. It didn't make a whole lot of sense, except in that the entirety of the show was pointless, but hey, I guess some shows gotta be like that.
It was better than Guilty Crown.

Ezalc

Two shows I should probably get to watchin soon:

Gundam 00

I have never seen a Gundam.

Do yourself a favor and watch G Gundam first. It's also the best Gundam, ok it's not the best but I love it because it easily has the best control method of the series. That one part...with Rain, so good.

Ga Rei Zero 1-12

This was pretty good. At times felt rather rushed but it still managed to get me attached to characters. Animation was nothing amazing but not particularly bad either. Had some nice fight scenes too and it was refreshing to actually see some blood and limbs. It actually felt that those swords were deadly weapons. Had horrible CG though... You also got to see animated boobs! Now I kinda want to read the manga as this was prequel to it but I have heard that it's not that great...

Also show with yuri can't be bad!
alle.gif

NO! Don't fall into the same trap I did! You can still get away from this awful show! Flee while you still can!!!!

Dresden

Yabuki would be proud.

sakurasou - 07

Here we have two predators.

xuNpfl.jpg

One knows she is in control. She's got this shit. She don't give a fuck.

The other is just glad to be there. Yet she understands that she can't let it show. So she resorts to reflexive displays of tsunpathy while being miserably behind in the game. Only suffering lies ahead for her.

cajunator

Banned
To think that in two years time they went from the R.O.D OVA to Yami to Boushi!!!

Both solid tens for enjoyment too.

That second OVA (its ending to be exact) is one of the worst shows I ever watched, fuck that shit and what they did with Kenshin, FUCK THAT SHIT!

I really should watch Yami to Boushi one of these days
and School Days, and Blood-C

Yes. I agree.
My name is Quile.

Eureka Seven AO- Fin

iRJO541SLtAYx.png

I would like to thank BONES for finally breaking me out of my apathy, for me to give my first ever 1 on MAL. Even for the atrocious shit that was the second season of Darker than Black, I never hated BONES as much as I do now. They wasted not only every fan's time but their own on a middling selling product that is doomed to fade into the abyss of history where it will be forgotten and a hallmark of shame for Aikawa and Kyoda, for those that bother to remember or give a shit. Kyoda has not only failed once with the Pocketful of Rainbows movie but with AO has finally demonstrated that he doesn't know shit about crafting a story and that the original Eureka Seven was probably nothing more than a fluke.

The visuals were pretty mediocre throughout the series despite a few hallmarks and while the final two episodes were gorgeous with action, it doesn't cover the shitstain that is the script. We have Deus Ex Machinas, Retcon Cannons, anti-climatic buildups, inconsistent character arcs/development, lack of character development, poorly explained mysteries and plot-threads, left open plot-threads, and every bad thing you can think of when it comes to writing. This is not how you do a time-travel story. The biggest compliment I can give the writers is that this isn't the worst ending I've seen all year, that dubious honor goes to Mass Effect 3 and Hack Walters. Instead what we got was an ending where even the writers knew how shit their show was, that they
retconned it out of existence
. Atleast they saved the fans the mental effort.

This is a sequel that contained none of the charm, characters, world, or even themes of the original and is instead an exercise on how to waste 24 episodes telling an overly convoluted story with no payoff. BONES should give out used condoms with every BD sale, so atleast the buyer knows they've been fucked.

Shit I should finish this show. It went on hiatus didnt it?

E7 AO - 23+24

Well, it wasn't what I originally expected or wanted, but it was pretty, pandered to me, had Chiaki Omigawa, had robots, had flying circuses, and good music. There's plenty worse shows I could've watched.

All in all I liked it. Not taking the original E7 into consideration, I would put it in the average category on its own for my tastes. Was still worth my time to watch.

Also, I mean, it had Chiaki Omigawa. That was reason enough alone for me to watch it.

I think the fact that it has Chiaki Omigawa shielded me from the other fact that it was a really dumb show. Kind of like how Charlotte dunois shielded me from the rest of Infinite Stratos.

Huh, another new anime for Spring, an adaptation of the manga series Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge.

This looks intriguing I must admit!

Ah, here's the animated previews for the Chuunibyou playing card deck.

EE6am.gif
ZOtZz.gif
Lns5x.gif
9CcBH.gif
jauDd.gif

wow.

WOW.

I have come to the realization that anime sucks. Just like everything else in this shitty world we live in.

I recommend that this thread be closed down and we all bash our brains in until we forget everything. There's no point.

Ultimadrago

I have come to the realization that anime sucks. Just like everything else in this shitty world we live in.

I recommend that this thread be closed down and we all bash our brains in until we forget everything. There's no point.

Whatever this is about, I hope the situation betters itself.

Take care, hosanna.

Defuser

The other is just glad to be there. Yet she understands that she can't let it show. So she resorts to reflexive displays of tsunpathy while being miserably behind in the game. Only suffering lies ahead for her.

She's gonna win dammit! This ain't Ano Natsu 2!

duckroll

this episode wasn't as bad as the last.
the Shermans vs M3 thing pissed me off last week.

Okay, that was kinda plot armor. I'm not going to argue. But it was the start of the match, and I don't think either side was taking it really seriously just yet! C'mon, it's sports! :D

Stop being so mean to Usagi Team, they have it hard enough as it is. T_T

cajunator

Banned

Dunno what brought this on but I hope the situation improves.
But anyway I think anime is the best it has ever been overall.

Yabuki would be proud.

sakurasou - 07

Here we have two predators.

xuNpfl.jpg

One knows she is in control. She's got this shit. She don't give a fuck.

DFC. Delerious Friendzoned Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom