• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Eureka Seven AO 23 - END

GintamalaughSAOuicide.gif

I've got nothing.

Jex

DeweyNovak.jpg

Fucker was right and got his vengeance. The more I think about this ending, the more I realize how it shits on everything. The themes of the original series, the characters of the original series, the characters of the new series, the themes of the new series, and the lore. Someone needs to do a BTTF gif and replace Spiderman 3 with AO.

I'm sure someone's already working on it.

NewFresh

I have come to the realization that anime sucks. Just like everything else in this shitty world we live in.

I recommend that this thread be closed down and we all bash our brains in until we forget everything. There's no point.

I've been there, escaped, been dragged back, dug myself out, and returned. It's a journey and I'm sure you can fashion a shovel out of a spoon.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Also, I still need to watch K-ON season 2. I am a woefully inadequate otaku.

Same here actually. Still deciding whether I should re-watch the first season again though before I do since it's been awhile.

I'm watching this out of the respect and gratitude of the plethora of yuri doujins that are from this show.

Dead

well not really...yet
I think Ill probably just skip watching the final two episodes, just like I skipped watching the movie (to this day I still haven't seen it in full). lol.

Pretty sad considering the original is one of my top 5 shows ever. Also pretty sad as when AO began it was legitimately really good...Oh well, at least got an excellent OST out of it by Nakako

duckroll

I think Ill probably just skip watching the final two episodes, just like I skipped watching the movie (to this day I still haven't seen it in full). lol.

Pretty sad considering the original is one of my top 5 shows ever. Also pretty sad as when AO began it was legitimately really good...Oh well, at least got an excellent OST out of it by Nakako

But if you skip it you'll miss all the sakuga. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
*begins bashing*

It's

Not

Working!
I had a bash. Only thing that happened was a mysterious white liquid appeared.

For those who were looking into it, the UK Odeon website seems to have the London Panton St screenings of The Mystical Laws for this coming weekend up for booking now.
Hmmm... wonder what time I should go for. I doubt one will have to book in advance for this one. It doesn't even allow you to reserve a seat.

Confession...I have not seen Goldenboy yet.
Neither have I. But then again I could say that for most shows.

You mirin?
Miri~n

And if I see that SAO gif one more time...

duckroll

That means I have to catch up on episodes 18 through 24 then.

Thats a lot of episodes :(

I think you can just watch 22-24, and you wouldn't really be missing anything that you would feel bad about. :p

The rest of the episodes didn't really have much action, and the story is so bad that you shouldn't be paying attention to any of the dialogue anyway. :(

Dead

well not really...yet
I think you can just watch 22-24, and you wouldn't really be missing anything that you would feel bad about. :p

The rest of the episodes didn't really have much action, and the story is so bad that you shouldn't be paying attention to any of the dialogue anyway. :(
wDpYC.jpg

Kazzy

Same here actually. Still deciding whether I should re-watch the first season again though before I do since it's been awhile.

I'm watching this out of the respect and gratitude of the plethora of yuri doujins that are from this show.

Whatever gets you to the dance!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Smile Precure - 33

ZLOqD.png
51Ax7.png

The guys are trying to test out some new ships I see. :D

I knew
Pop was going to be an inconsiderate jackass and alter the movie to focus fully on himself. How lame. :(

Ship rankings at this time:

AkanexNao
MiyukixReika
ReikaxYayoi (Haven't even seen the episode yet but those recent screenshots make this pair look amazing)
NaoxReika (I may have to go around and find out how this one came about. Maybe I missed something in the earlier episodes that set off a flag for this pairing.)

Yes you should! K-ON!! is by far my favorite show.

QRwVO.gif

You've made a strong case. I'll get on it soon, very soon.

Sorry to drag this thread down. I can make really stupid impulsive posts. I had hoped that stopping watching currently airing anime and focusing on backcatalog stuff would help to stave off the gradually growing gnawing feeling of despair. But I haven't been able to avoid seeing impressions that imply that even what I was most looking forward to and enjoying at the beginning of this season such as From the New World and My Little Monster have apparently all turned to shit, and I lose the motivation to have anything to do with this medium. All I can think of is flying to Japan and slitting the throats of Masashi Ishihama and all the idiotic incompetents like him and burning down all their studios who can't seem to make anything but garbage. Perhaps that's just the state of things these days... nothing exists anymore but garbage.

Anyway, this'll be the last post in which I burden this thread with my personal trash. I just look out at the world right now and all I see is blackness. I'll just vanish into that...

Please, don't say that... of course there is always a point...

Anyway, you wanted to see Niji-Iro Hotaru ~Eien no Natsu Yasumi~, right? There you have it now!

I did, but unfortunately right now I have no faith that I'll ever see anything good in anime ever again.

Grzi

Sorry to drag this thread down. I can make really stupid impulsive posts. I had hoped that stopping watching currently airing anime and focusing on backcatalog stuff would help to stave off the gradually growing gnawing feeling of despair. But I haven't been able to avoid seeing impressions that imply that even what I was most looking forward to and enjoying at the beginning of this season such as From the New World and My Little Monster have apparently all turned to shit, and I lose the motivation to have anything to do with this medium. All I can think of is flying to Japan and slitting the throats of Masashi Ishihama and all the idiotic incompetents like him and burning down all their studios who can't seem to make anything but garbage. Perhaps that's just the state of things these days... nothing exists anymore but garbage.

Anyway, this'll be the last post in which I burden this thread with my personal trash. I just look out at the world right now and all I see is blackness. I'll just vanish into that...

But there was a lot of great stuff this year. :(

Narag

Yeah, no. When you get to feeling better, please come back. Everyone goes through rough patches and frankly the thread will be worse off without you around.

Maybe take a break from the medium (and possibly gaf as well) to focus on stuff that's sure to make you happy. Forcing yourself to love something (even if it's something you would normally love) will only make you more depressed. I've been through that before and it sucks.

Just remember, we're always here to talk.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This is why backlog > current season, always.
Awww c'mon dude. Don't be such a Shinji.

It does sound like you need a break from this hobby. I've felt that way many times; right now I'm having such a mood with video games. Focus on important real life stuff for now. If an entertainment medium only makes you miserable that's a sign that you should prioritise other shit.

cajunator

Banned

I did, but unfortunately right now I have no faith that I'll ever see anything good in anime ever again.

We need more Haibane Renmei fan representation up in here. Dont go man.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

:-( Do take a break if you need to but don't apologize. I had a small frustrating break down a whole back (rants about my artwork, life etc.) that I posted here and people here were supportive. :)

/XX/

Man, I don't know exactly what to say to you right now, but I always think there are many, many things to look forward to... on everything, be it in hobbies or any experience in general. This is constantly moving, and if you blink just for a moment you have just missed something! Wait and see! In fact, wait as much as you can... but in the end, please, come back here, and here we will be, as always...

BluWacky

You should probably take my comments with a pinch of salt as I am, as you know, a huge fan of From The New World. But although the visual elements of the show haven't been that strong recently (and maybe that's putting it a bit mildly), if you've enjoyed the story up to wherever you've got to I think you'll still find plenty to like in the next few episodes - and episode 8 is pretty damn good in its own right, off model faces notwithstanding.

Man, I'm sorry you feel this way right now. Any advice I could offer would be pretty facile but as you can probably guess I think everyone in the thread is rooting for you, as much as you can over the internet anyway!

I'm guessing you're not really in the mood for anything right now, but have you watched A Letter To Momo yet? If not, do so. It's a very good film, and by virtue of being just a one-off investment it isn't subject to the same rollercoaster of emotions that a TV series can be.

Usually when I'm down and think everything new sucks, I just go back to things I've loved (Like Paper Mario, K-ON!, etc.) and remind myself why I like said thing in the first place. I hope you feel better about yourself soon!

duckroll

Usually when I'm down and think everything new sucks, I just go back to things I've loved (Like Paper Mario, K-ON!, etc.) and remind myself why I like said thing in the first place. I hope you feel better about yourself soon!

Yeah, if I ever get too down on anime, I pop in Sword of the Stranger. That usually makes me feel better.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
But they haven't - this isn't fujiko-levels of turning to shit.

Also there was only one outright bad episode in FtnW - the rest have been fine, and even the series at it's weakest still manages to be very compelling for me, due to the clear strength of it's source.

Oh yeah, hosanna, but really you disappoint me with this attitude - I've gotten hyped for so many shows - fujiko, eden of the east, macross frontier, [C] off the top of my head, and the fact they all ended up shit despite my anticipation for them, hasn't fazed me at all, it happens, and anime is much more liable for these kind of things to happen due to the kind of things that could go wrong with the production, not to mention the entire medium strives on inconsistency.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Well, please come back whenever you feel okay about anime again. If there's anything else going on, don't be afraid to come on IRC and just hang out.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

For me my feel good anime are El Hazard OVA series 1, The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Cardcaptor Sakura, Detective Conan, and Rurouni Kenshin. Game-wise Lunar: Eternal Blue, Legend of Zelda: ALttP, Sonic CD and FFVI. :)

madp

The Light of El Cantare

When you say things like this, it's a red flag that there are some extremely worrying underlying problems here. I hope that you're willing to seek help if you need it.

In some sense, I understand your current struggle to enjoy anything. I've been gone for nearly a month because of some uncontrolled psych issues. Suddenly stopped enjoying everything and retreated into myself just waiting for things to subside. Any advice I can give is worthless because I'm not you and, regardless of your emotional problems, your dissatisfaction with this hobby seems to be fundamental, so I can only hope that you find your way out of this. I've always appreciated your presence here, and I'd hate to see you leave out of disillusionment and despair. I can respect that you won't compromise your standards even if it means leaving the hobby altogether, but it's still a loss for all of us. Please take care of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom