• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Smile Precure - 34

BgMTl.png
PdbmJ.png

Some NaoxAkane goodness and some Yayoi cuteness on the side.

I was going to be mad as shit if they decided
scrap the picture book fashion show all because of some punk kid who wanted to be in a shitty band instead. He needed to get his priorities straight and drop the selfish brat routine.

jbug617

Banned
I just finished updating my Wii-U and transfering my Mii from the 3DS. It took me 40 minutes to download the update and I had one freakout moment during installing the update my gamepad went black for a second and then turned back on.

anyway anyone with a Wii-U add me june8412

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
1up decided to do an Evangelion podcast in celebration of Eva 3.0:
http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3182486
Listening to this right now, his rant on buying VHS tapes with two episodes a piece of EVA cuts me deep. My first out-of-my-own-pocket anime purchase was DVD volume 1 of fucking Vandread for about 450 Mexican pesos (~around 40 USD at the time), which only included the first two episodes as well. :(

Worst thing, I could not find The End of Evangelion when I was a kid. I think I first watched it on Betamax around 2003 thanks to a friend who let me borrow it for the holidays. I had to turn every stone and pebble to find a working Betamax! I used Love Hina to alleviate the frustration.

The first anime I ever owned was Ranma ½ video tape set, and I honestly can't remember when or how I got it. All I remember is that I had it and watched it.

Sorry to drag this thread down. I can make really stupid impulsive posts. I had hoped that stopping watching currently airing anime and focusing on backcatalog stuff would help to stave off the gradually growing gnawing feeling of despair. But I haven't been able to avoid seeing impressions that imply that even what I was most looking forward to and enjoying at the beginning of this season such as From the New World and My Little Monster have apparently all turned to shit, and I lose the motivation to have anything to do with this medium. All I can think of is flying to Japan and slitting the throats of Masashi Ishihama and all the idiotic incompetents like him and burning down all their studios who can't seem to make anything but garbage. Perhaps that's just the state of things these days... nothing exists anymore but garbage.

Anyway, this'll be the last post in which I burden this thread with my personal trash. I just look out at the world right now and all I see is blackness. I'll just vanish into that...

I don't know what exactly is going on with you, but your last couple of posts have been somewhat worrying.

I can understand feeling down on anime, and sometimes you do need to take a break from a hobby. I've certainly done that plenty of times, and it can feel like that. But you're a great poster, and it's always worrying when I see someone speaking like that. Don't do anything you regret, and if you really are feeling awful, seek out some support or help from others.

cajunator

Banned
Smile Precure - 34

I was going to be mad as shit if they decided
scrap the picture book fashion show all because of some punk kid who wanted to be in a shitty band instead. He needed to get his priorities straight and drop the selfish brat routine.

Little Red Riding Hnnng?

It was all about watching Fushigi Yugi in between tapes of Evangelion.

It was all about Iria, Burn Up W, Plastic Little, Iczelion, Master of Mosquiton, Slayers

SDBurton

Smile Precure - 35

ETbWb.png
ElWcv.png

Yayoi getting hyped over
Miyuki's robo transformation as well as Red Demon and Wolfrun's
while Nao and Akane have their hilarious pokerfaces.

This is hilarious as I just came across the same gag during my marathon of One Piece not too long ago.

z7AAv.png
MY3Mn.png

Usopp and Chopper losing their shit over Franky's new abilities, while Nami and Robin remain stonefaced/unamused.

I find it incredibly awesome that the only person able to control
robo Miyuki effectively was her OTP Reika.

Definitely one of the best episodes from this series.

Syrinx

Ga Rei Zero 1-12

This was pretty good. At times felt rather rushed but it still managed to get me attached to characters. Animation was nothing amazing but not particularly bad either. Had some nice fight scenes too and it was refreshing to actually see some blood and limbs. It actually felt that those swords were deadly weapons. Had horrible CG though... You also got to see animated boobs! Now I kinda want to read the manga as this was prequel to it but I have heard that it's not that great...

Also show with yuri can't be bad!
alle.gif

Wait, did they seriously start making out in the backseat of a moving car while people were in the front? How often does this happen?

Also, getting mild interest in Precure. Dunno why.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Wait, did they seriously start making out in the backseat of a moving car while people were in the front? How often does this happen?

Precure is a boss show, go watch heartCatch and Smile now! :)

Actually it ends pretty much right after the gif ends. Guy in front seat starts to watch them with lustful expression and the girl with dark hair kicks him in the face and shouts ''hentai''. You know the standard anime stuff lol.

Arata-naru Sekai - World's/Start/Load/End - Future

So this is basically girls travel to the future after the end of humanity and does cute girl things.

This is really light on the story and probably doesn't help it is part of an overall larger package of a light novel and a manga that tells the whole story. This does lead to not knowing any of the previous material, that the ending of this will easily leave you confused on what the hell happened.

But, besides the ending, it is a pretty simple story about hanging onto your past and what the future and having a tomorrow means. The music is very nice, it looks nice as well, not as colorful as Jinrui is, but this is probably a different end of humanity compared to that one. It does give good focus to the main heroine as well.

It is pretty decent stand alone for the visual and the music, a little boring since nothing really happens, but it would probably be a lot better if I knew anything about the past and present.

Syrinx

Actually it ends pretty much right after the gif ends. Guy in front seat starts to watch them with lustful expression and the girl with dark hair kicks him in the face and shouts ''hentai''. You know the standard anime stuff lol.

If she didn't want him to watch why'd she start making out in plain sight?! It's not like they were innocently kissing on a park bench; they looked like they were about to go down on each other. They got fucking horizontal.

Cwarrior

I have come to the realization that anime sucks. Just like everything else in this shitty world we live in.

I recommend that this thread be closed down and we all bash our brains in until we forget everything. There's no point.

Amen brother, amen. Look at the people telling you to stay strong. Look at their avatars. Look at their favorite shows.

There is only one solution.

Dillonyousonofabitch.gif

Sorry to drag this thread down. I can make really stupid impulsive posts. I had hoped that stopping watching currently airing anime and focusing on backcatalog stuff would help to stave off the gradually growing gnawing feeling of despair. But I haven't been able to avoid seeing impressions that imply that even what I was most looking forward to and enjoying at the beginning of this season such as From the New World and My Little Monster have apparently all turned to shit, and I lose the motivation to have anything to do with this medium. All I can think of is flying to Japan and slitting the throats of Masashi Ishihama and all the idiotic incompetents like him and burning down all their studios who can't seem to make anything but garbage. Perhaps that's just the state of things these days... nothing exists anymore but garbage.

Anyway, this'll be the last post in which I burden this thread with my personal trash. I just look out at the world right now and all I see is blackness. I'll just vanish into that...

I did, but unfortunately right now I have no faith that I'll ever see anything good in anime ever again.

I suggest you take a break from this diseases-ed medium, if it brings you down like this then it's not worth your time, you can feel the void with something else but it would be best to take a break all together & enjoy the true beauty of the outside world more.

jbug617

Banned
Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo 7

This show has become my favorite this season.
So it was an incest episode but I think they did it pretty respectfully in terms it wasn't the focus of the episode. I found it more about a little sister who want all the attention of her big brother. I think all 3 girls (Mashiro, little sister and Nanami) interact very well this episode and I like the competition throughout the episode for Sorata's attention.

Ultimadrago

Patlabor: The Movie (Limited Edition) and Patlabor 2 - The Movie (Limited Collector's Edition) - Thanks again to Typographenia for pointing out the great deal on them

Nichijou Sugoroku board game

Greatest tote bag I will receive in my life

Pack-in "Nichijou" Playing Cards from Shonen Ace 2012 October Issue

Kyoto Animation's ParaPara Trump Nichijou Playing Cards
==================================================

The Patlabor boxes are great. As others have shared already, they're heavy-duty with storyboards and "archives" packaged in. The two feel great in the hand while holding "Moses and Ten Commandments" style.

The board game had a nice cover, but I'll probably never open it (since I can't read any type of Japanese).

As far as the cards go, the KyoAni pack TRUMPs
*snickers*
the monthly manga's pack. The paper used for the ParaPara cards are of a higher quality. They are all color. The art was made specifically for the pack by different staff from KyoAni. The names of which people are behind what process of the card designs is stated on the back of the box.

Meanwhile, only the royal suits were made exclusively for the Shonen Ace pack (which I'd guess were designed by Keiichi Arawi).

iQuLGCukVmXIv.JPG
ibzQ8VRVuIXD2C.JPG

ParaPara animations .gifs here: Yuuko Mio Mai Nano

I was really looking forward to getting my hands on this import and I'm looking forward to the DVD boxset later this month.

Mandoric

Banned
Broken metaphors are the glue that holds the gears of the anime screenwriting industry together.

Whoever wrote that should be sent to the knacker's, if they're that fond of being glue. Closely followed by the translator who didn't question it, the editor who didn't fix it, and the QC just because they're QC.

Uchip

Banned
Whoever wrote that should be sent to the knacker's, if they're that fond of being glue. Closely followed by the translator who didn't question it, the editor who didn't fix it, and the QC just because they're QC.

of all the things to worry about in Magi, why focus on this one?

SDBurton

Smile Precure - 36

tumblr_mdedtsoZAj1rwt0uq.gif

Who is this goofy looking, Terry Bogard (R U OKAY) line spitting motherfucker doing in my magical garden?! Seriously? They had to take the strongest OTP in this damn show and screw with it?!! :mad: Why couldn't this been a Reika episode, hell even Miyuki? Why in the world would you want to fuck with the fandom's Nissan pairing?

Incredibly fucked up that they had to put the closest moment of NaoxAkane in the same episode as this tool as a means of giving the Nissan fans some respect.

Really? They couldn't have held off using this delicious moment for a later episode? :(

Watching
Nao give it her all to catch the departing bus so that Akane could see Brian one last time was so damn hard to watch. This girl throwing away her own feelings for the sake of her OTP's just gutted me. Thank god that loser is gone though. Whoever thought this episode was a great idea needs to get kicked in their throat!

BluWacky

It'll be the editor punching up the dialogue, methinks. The dialogue as spoken makes no mention of drowning or "flames of war", even metaphorically, as far as I can tell...

Branduil

Hosanna I'm worried about you. Mainly because I can recognize some of my own self-destructive impulses in this post. Anime is fun but no one should rely upon it for all of their happiness because it won't work. Not even for people who work in the industry. Please take care of yourself because silly Japanese cartoons are not important at all compared to your own health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom