• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Chuu2 8

inxwkG1xwaTMc.gif

Hmm, this slap was pretty flat, lacking in impact like most of the fight scene at the beginning which is in stark comparison to the earlier episodes. Oh well, at least the melodrama from the last episode isn't likely to drag out for another episode.

This is the most pathetic anime slap I've seen in years. KyoAni you should be ashamed.

Branduil

Chuu2 8

inxwkG1xwaTMc.gif

Hmm, this slap was pretty flat, lacking in impact like most of the fight scene at the beginning which is in stark comparison to the earlier episodes. Oh well, at least the melodrama from the last episode isn't likely to drag out for another episode.

Terrible. KyoAni is really disappointing me after Hyouka.

jman2050

It is fairly weak.
Disappointing.
Joshiraku has the best slaps.

There's no impact and the hand seems stilted and wooden the whole way through. And KyoAni couldn't even be bothered to animate the follow through? At all? Her hand is just hanging there like she just karate chopped something. This is basic stuff man!

I'm shaking my head in disgust right now.

AcexZoro is random as hell lol.

NarutoxHinata is the OTP pair of that show. I'm not cruel enough to give Sakura a worthless character such as Sasuke anyway, I'd rather have her shack up with Ino, Tsunade, or Shizune.

Regarding Perona, who knows what may have happened during that two year time skip. She
looked awfully sad when Zoro left her to rejoin his crew. :p

Sooner or later Luffy is going to come around and respond in favor to Hancock's advances, it's only a matter of time.

Ah I made a typo should have been Luffy Zoro, dont know why I thought Ace.

I do hope they tell us more of what happened during the time skip, was hoping the anime would have done that filler or something

Uchip

Banned
Well at least you didnt say Luffy x Nami (awful like Naruto Hinata or Sasuke Sakura) or Nami x Vivi, perona is a random inclusion, zoro barely paid attention to her, same for Luffy and Hancock.

Mine are: Ace x Luffy, Luffy x Zoro, Zoro x Sanji, Luffy x Trafalgar.

what
not only is the majority of the One Piece cast asexual
but yours don't make any sense.
If anything, luffy and hancock and zoro perona make at least some sense

and Naruto Hinata is canon

Just wanted to chime in and say I totally agree with you.

Outside of the amazing music I didn't find FLCL enjoyable at all. The whole thing feels completely haphazard with characters that range from completely uninteresting to utterly annoying. It's worth watching once just for the visual and audio experience of the whole thing but I can't say that I actually enjoyed it nor can I say that I'd ever want to actually want to watch it again.

Darkside dude,
bro
you continue to upset me

Dead

well not really...yet
Xam'd had the potential to be really good, which makes it all the more disappointing that it isn't.
I think its good. It just had the potential to be stunning. It still has more going for it than a lot of other crap.

jman2050

It may look weak physically,
it's her words with it make it strong

The words are just a formality when a slap is involved. If your slap carries no power or weight then you might as well be reciting the local tax codes for all the good your words are doing!

I feel like we should post slap sakuga to rinse off the filth of that gif.

Not the best from Joshiraku by a long shot but it's a start!

xCHTc.gif

what
not only is the majority of the One Piece cast asexual
but yours don't make any sense.
If anything, luffy and hancock and zoro perona make at least some sense

and Naruto Hinata is canon

I think mine makes complete sense and is supported by Oda, Ace Luffy is pretty clear and defined, both obsessed with each other will to travel the world and the kid arc. Zoro, first crew, most trusted, always follows Luffy no matter what and the first one Luffy always calls. Zoro and Sanji, always argue which indicates perfect compatibility, and they have an unspoken connection and understanding/appreciation for one another.

Luffy x Trafalgar
Saving Luffy's life, and then the manga stuff Traffy

Uchip

Banned
I think mine makes complete sense and is supported by Oda, Ace Luffy is pretty clear and defined, both obsessed with each other will to travel the world and the kid arc. Zoro, first crew, most trusted, always follows Luffy no matter what and the first one Luffy always calls. Zoro and Sanji, always argue which indicates perfect compatibility, and they have an unspoken connection and understanding/appreciation for one another.

Luffy x Trafalgar
Saving Luffy's life, and then the manga stuff Traffy

sweet mother of yaoi delusions

since when does saving someones life mean you want to fuck them?
theyre BROTHERS with a history of being BROTHERS

and the fact that you bring up the kid arc is really creepy

Toriko 80
tumblr_mdv6pfsLeC1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Awesome episode, as a Terry fan I always love when he gets tons of screentime, the most epic battle wolf to ever exist deserves it all. And I would definitely put supear on my full course.

Preview for next episode looks incredible
teens of the four kings, cant wait

Is toei just never providing the people who they let stream their anime not have access to previews or something? None for saint seiya omega, one piece, and toriko.

wonzo

Banned

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I do hope they tell us more of what happened during the time skip, was hoping the anime would have done that filler or something

Same here. I loved the back and forth between Zoro and Perona so I'm all for a filler going back to that.

Why isn't Sakurasou getting more love here?

I think it's terrible. Unless they decide to make the teacher more active with the MC to make things somewhat interesting this show will simply fall into the abyss never to be heard of again when this season ends.

sweet mother of yaoi delusions

since when does saving someones life mean you want to fuck them?
theyre BROTHERS with a history of being BROTHERS

I think it is clear in the anime world, that one would make a great sacrifice, like saving ones life, if they really care deeply for someone and in return the person would feel bonded to that person thanks to their saving their life. Its the basis for many stories even. A good start to any new friendship. And for the brothers
they were friends before brothers and isnt like they are of the same kin
, undying dedication and devotion.

I think you misunderstand.
they key moment at that arc was at the end when they are older we see Luffy aspiring to pursue after Ace who is sailing away, once he's ready, it was an example of how they are willing to go the entire world for each other

Uchip

Banned
I think it is clear in the anime world, that one would make a great sacrifice, like saving ones life, if they really care deeply for someone and in return the person would feel bonded to that person thanks to their saving their life. Its the basis for many stories even. A good start to any new friendship. And for the brothers
they were friends before brothers and isnt like they are of the same kin
, undying dedication and devotion.

I think you misunderstand.
they key moment at that arc was at the end when they are older we see Luffy aspiring to pursue after Ace who is sailing away, once he's ready, it was an example of how they are willing to go the entire world for each other

its obvious that you live in a different dimension to me

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
there is more chance of him falling in with tashigi, tbh
none of this will happen til the entire thing ends, though, if at all.

Oh shit I thought I listed ZoroxTashigi earlier. But yeah agreed, this shit should've happened years ago when they first saw each other.

Here's hoping
with her recent promotion to Captain, as well as Smoker's advancement to Admiral, we'll be seeing them more often for this to finally happen.

Risette

A Good Citizen
jojo making good use of good source material, despite being an apparent low budget production
Yeah but making something decent with terrible source material is rarer (and arguably harder) than making something decent with good source material and a low budget.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
When you watch Gainax's earlier work it's pretty easy to tell that the people working on these properties were huge scene fiction and space dorks. It's kind of cute how their enthusiam shines through in their work.

It's awesome, and I definitely wasn't expecting that. As a fan of Carl Sagan and Hawking the space and science bits really grabbed my attention. In fact, I've often thought of the effects of relativity and what it might be like to jump forward in time by slowing down your own clock. I've also had nightmares about descending through the surface of Jupiter. This show is really special.

I absolutely love the design of the ship in Episode 6:

Well, I don't know about that. While it's pretty inconsistent across the OVA's there are some pretty amazing sequences.

I'm being a little unfair when I say that the animation never goes balls to the wall. There are without a doubt some amazing sequences, but they are juxtaposed by still shots and pieced together story-boards. I don't view this is as a negative, since it breaks neither the presentation nor the tension. But the visual tempo peaks and dips in a way that never fully engages with any extended action or sakuga. That's where the comment came from. Again, this isn't a complaint since it isn't necessary, and the story works just fine as is (especially since the story's antagonist isn't really a villain). It was just an observation.

iQWG5Klvkwyr2.gif

iOfTNwNZMFqiw.gif

These scenes were stunning.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!
One of the best ever!

I like you.

Glad you enjoyed it. Now you just need to start watching the superior Diebuster next!

Watching Gunbuster reminded me of two things. One; I love strong, foundational story-telling. And two; I'm dreadfully inexperienced in older anime. If anyone has some recommendations for some classic shows (or just some good ones - older or more recent), I'm all ears. The only experience I have with classic anime are the Miyazaki films - which I've seen several times and adore. I'm also going to check out Diebuster this weekend (which is the reason I wanted to watch Gunbuster in the first place), and now.. my expectations are kind of low. I'm still expecting a fun ride at the very least.

[A Letter To Momo]

[stuff]

This looks awesome. It's going in my queue!

Cwarrior

A bit late here, but:

To boil it down to it's barest essence, there was really nothing I enjoyed in FLCL apart from a few of the battles.

I didn't like the characters. I didn't like the vague elements of story that were present. The randomnity of the whole series didn't settle well with me. The creators themselves have said that they did it just for the sake of doing that, so it's not just me "not getting it". From the impressions I've seen of people who did enjoy FLCL, it generally was either that the entirely random occurances that are strewn throughout the show amused them/had some sort of meaning for them, or else they felt some sort of bond with growing up in a small town with nothing to do. That aspect of the show really annoyed me, though. The MC is always complaining about how there's nothing to do, yet all sorts of cool stuff goes on around him. Before people start jumping on me for how I just didn't get it, since that seems to be what usually happens in these cases, there's a difference between missing the point of it all, and realizing that the point isn't particularly interesting or worth my time. Same deal with stuff like Hyouka.

I'd certainly be interested to know why you like it, however!

FLCL is brain dead stupidity there's nothing to get, it's the kinda of stupid that causes sever migraines, all the characters are annoying,stupid,obnoxious and very very loud to the point they will damage your ears and once the fights are over it's back to very terribly painful character interactions :(

FLCL is another one of many stand out examples why anyone at ginax(watever those guys are called) should never be allowed to write under any circumstances or be near a pen, they make okado look like shakespeare.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
FLCL is brain dead stupidity there's nothing to get, it's the kinda of stupid that causes sever migraines, all the characters are annoying,stupid,obnoxious and very very loud to the point they will damage your ears and once the fights are over it's back to very terribly painful character interactions :(

FLCL is another one of many stand out examples why anyone at ginax(watever those guys are called) should never be allowed to write under any circumstances, they make okado look like shakespeare.

You sure do love your bullshit hyperbole.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
FLCL is brain dead stupidity there's nothing to get
I don't like playing the you don't get it card, but you don't get it.
It's clearly a show about puberty and how to deal with sexuality responsibly and not just parading your boners non-chalantly. Whether the execution worked is another issue entirely.

Cwarrior

You sure do love your bullshit hyperbole.

image.php

don't know why felt like doing that.

More like underbole.

It's clearly a show about puberty and how to deal with sexuality responsibly and not just parading your boners non-chalantly. Whether the execution worked is another issue entirely.

wow an eva fan with an anno avatar played the "you don't get it" card.

I could say the same about every other harem.

FLCL is another one of many stand out examples why anyone at ginax(watever those guys are called) should never be allowed to write under any circumstances or be near a pen, they make okado look like shakespeare.

i guess i'm in the camp of those who don't like FLCL too ..

it's been a while since i saw it but i was trully bored ...

Cwarrior

I could say the same about any other harem.

Uchip

Banned

I could say this just about any harem.

Yeah
I remember when I was going through puberty and I had a gaggle of girls after me at every second

oh wait :(

unrealistic representation =/= symbolic representation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom