• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
As a thought experiment: How many people here would be in favor of there being a blanket ban on embedded images from all impression posts? Which means everything has to be linked instead, nofunallowed, etc.
I'd be okay as long as we can link to them instead.

Nor sure what this would mean about reaction images though.

As a thought experiment: How many people here would be in favor of there being a blanket ban on embedded images from all impression posts? Which means everything has to be linked instead, nofunallowed, etc.

Is something wrong with the images now? I think I would also be against it, I thought the current method of images aids discussion and often helps getting me interested or not interested in pursuing some series I would or would not have tried. That'd be a lot of clicking and stuff which is pretty arduous and stuff on mobile devices.

Uchip

Banned
vegetarian is an insult now? I never intended it as an insult but playful banter, I have already apologized if i offended anyone who may have token it offensively.

If your going to hold this over me, for my rest of my time on gaf then F U, you prick.

When I post honest opinions or impressions I don't expect people to be giving me labels in return, regardless of if you meant it or not.

Narag

I'd hate to lose stills but could understand restricting gifs.

All i want from people is that they don't post hd pictures in their impressions , please resize them ..!!
If all we had was links it wouldn't be fun to read.
Just because the quote option resize them doesn't mean that i have to load over 1mb for one picture !!

Risette

A Good Citizen
The only thing that would protect people from spoilers is to live in a vacuum. Alternatively you could not try to change the flow of the thread to pander to worrywart nerds who think every story detail is some grand revelation and each "spoiler" is a grave matter. Does that mean I think people should intentionally blurt out spoilers like 4chan cretins and not use spoiler tags? No, but getting hung up on images is asinine.

I thought you wanted to get rid of images to improve the quality of discussion. For shame.

duckroll

The only thing that would protect people from spoilers is to live in a vacuum. Alternatively you could not try to change the flow of the thread to pander to worrywart nerds who think every story detail is some grand revelation and each "spoiler" is a grave matter. Does that mean I think people should intentionally blurt out spoilers like 4chan cretins and not use spoiler tags? No, but getting hung up on images is asinine.

I thought you wanted to get rid of images to improve the quality of discussion. For shame.

I don't want to get rid of anything, it's a thought experiment. Since people are complaining about spoilers again, and this is like the second time in a week, I think it's worth having a talk about it even if nothing happens.

As for the quality of discussion, I think it's about as good these days as a thread like this can ever get. People actually reply to each other, sometimes impressions get discussed, heck, even cajunator is using multi-quote now! Progress! :D

qcf x2

Watching Gunbuster reminded me of two things. One; I love strong, foundational story-telling. And two; I'm dreadfully inexperienced in older anime. If anyone has some recommendations for some classic shows (or just some good ones - older or more recent), I'm all ears. The only experience I have with classic anime are the Miyazaki films - which I've seen several times and adore. I'm also going to check out Diebuster this weekend (which is the reason I wanted to watch Gunbuster in the first place), and now.. my expectations are kind of low. I'm still expecting a fun ride at the very least.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Gunbuster
Nadia: Secret of Blue Water

That's all you need. Well, it's a great start at least. Consider it homework. Definitely watch Diebuster NOW so you'll get just how awesome it is (the first time I watched Diebuster was a year after watching Gunbuster and I thought it was terrible. Watched them back to back and was blown away). Taken as a whole the story is a masterpiece.

Edit: duckroll, who is that sexy fly and where is she from? I feel so weird for asking that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
spoilers for Shin Sekai Yori in case you haven't been spoiled yet
Is something wrong with the images now?
When people spoil major character relationship developments just because they found the scenes cool or whatever then yeah that's kind of a problem.
I think I would also be against it, I thought the current method of images aids discussion and often helps getting me interested or not interested in pursuing some series I would or would not have tried. That'd be a lot of clicking and stuff.
One more click really isn't that big a deal.

Cwarrior

ToohumanAgainst.gif

I come here for gifs & few odd images.

edit: too human gif is gone :(

Risette

A Good Citizen
anhvlu.gif

I come here for gifs & few odd images.
looks like the global image ban is already in effect thanks duckroll

Nafe

Haha, Reika's not bad at all, and if Akane didn't exist I'd be on that boat too.

Regarding that episode she clinged onto Reika once, in contrast to the couple scenes involving her and Akane.

Episode 25 was really the nail in the coffin to make their pairing legit.

Not to mention the more recent episode of Nao getting flustered and spazzing out when she was doing a confession scenario with Akane. :D

Hm, I guess it was another episode I was thinking of or maybe I just misremembered the amount of times. Episode 25 was a very Nao X Akane episode though yeah.

I can't remember, have you watched Sailor Moon? Seeing your view point on the show would be interesting. If you have watched it, who do you ship with who?

Yep, although the theatrical version of it was also released on Blu-ray previously as a standalone, and for The GATTAI!! Movie (along with parts of Aim for the Top 2! Diebuster as well):

GAINAX OFFICIAL SHOP | トップをねらえ! Blu-ray Box 【通常版】
http://www2.gainax.co.jp/shop/index...CD%A4%E9%A4%A8%A1%A1Blu-ray&8%A1%E04=2%A1%DE0

This above is the most recent and (of course) complete series 'Blu-ray Box', as opposed to this:

GAINAX OFFICIAL SHOP | 「トップをねらえ!劇場版」 Blu-ray Disc
http://www2.gainax.co.jp/shop/index...CD%A4%E9%A4%A8%A1%A1Blu-ray&8%A1%E04=2%A1%DE0

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of, thanks /XX/. :)

I haven't seen either show yet and taking a bit more of a look at both of them I didn't realize Diebuster was as recent as it was. I thought it was also a bit more of an older show along with Gunbuster.

That's how it basically was around here. Except that last part, I wouldn't actually know anything about that.

Well it was maybe more a verbal comparison. Along the lines of how people might compare their heights or shoe sizes or something. The conversation for some was about bust sizes sometimes instead. Nothing guys weren't privy to or anything.

That reminds me of the anime Kampfer. It's another show you'd probably like if you haven't seen it. I'm not sure if SDBurton's seen it but I think he would basically be a real world, male version of the character Sakura, haha. At least how she is later anyway.

Ultimate truth is that every Precure pairing ever has zero evidence supporting it, so just ship who you like.

Some just happen to feel more convincing and natural than others, but I've never felt that way about Nao x Reika. Nothing in common, no chemistry.

Yeah, that very true. Sometimes you'll have two characters who give each other a smile and people will ship those characters simply on that, even though there's nothing else. I'm personally not really a shipper as I like all the girls in the end. Same thing for Sailor Moon.

Chuu2Koi 08:
This shot basically shows that Rikka feels no one understands her, and she feels completely isolated from the outside world as a result.

Neat, a bit more of an analytical post by RurouniZel.

And I guess the other characters did stuff too. Dog's gone good taste in fine ass. Wait, what was this episode about again?

...Ok, maybe not. Haha

I thought it was a good post though.

Bakuman 3 - 7
tumblr_mdvc930Ltz1qbxqfpo1_500.png

One of the best Bakuman episodes yet, Hiramaru focused episode was an excellent adaptation of the manga, even funnier and more emotional than it was there
this is one of the few enjoyable romances Ive encountered out of my comfort zone

Seems that in anime I like somehow Yuki Kaji gets a role, Kosugi is a perfect match for upcoming events for him, so cant wait to hear. And on VA's, I cant believe its been 57 episodes for me to finally realize that Hiramaru is voice by Ichigo Kurosaki/Xin(kingdom).

Anyway next arc is gonna be good for my favorite character finally arrives
Tohru Nanamine!
. If he sounds like Chiaki in Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, that will be great.

Against on a whole blanket ban. Banning gifs and putting a hard limit of images would probably be better.

CorvoSol

I watched FLCL once or twice through, I think. It was an interesting, funny show.

It made no damn sense, though, and nothing was ever explained.

Still, I rather liked it.

THOSE EYEBROWS.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's not just always one click though. That one post I made analyzing that one scene from Innocence was over 20 images. It wouldn't be readable anymore.
I understand that there are instances that merit an exception. But then there are people who are so eager to put any images into their posts just for the sake of having something in them that they end up choosing what's cool to them, and sometimes that's pretty big stuff, as in my previous post.
Hey guys I heard SSY is full of gays
Nothing wrong with that.

spoilers for Shin Sekai Yori in case you haven't been spoiled yet

When people spoil major character relationship developments just because they found the scenes cool or whatever then yeah that's kind of a problem.

One more click really isn't that big a deal.

Well I guess I didnt really see it as a major spoiler since
the characters break up in litrally the next scene and it was even in the preview of the previous ep

one click may not be, but people be putting six plus images in posts and then actual detailed analysis have way more, thats really alot of clicking and opening new tabs and stuff.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well I guess I didnt really see it as a major spoiler since
the characters break up in litrally the next scene and it was even in the preview of the previous ep

one click may not be, but people be putting six plus images in posts and then actual detailed analysis have way more, thats really alot of clicking and opening new tabs and stuff.
Some of us are more than one episode behind.
y so defnsiv bro?

u spoild?
Honestly I don't even know why I'm so uppity about that SSY episode when I don't even like the show. I should have pointed to all the My Little Monster spoiling instead.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I do feel spoiled by the presence of good shows this season like Jojo and Code: Breaker, yes.
Spoiler JoJo wins and then the show moves on to the next arc

Honestly I don't even know why I'm so uppity about that SSY episode when I don't even like the show. I should have pointed to all the My Little Monster spoiling instead.
Spoiler the girl gets the guy

madp

The Light of El Cantare

I mean, image use should probably be cut down on--I'm less worried about actual spoilers than I am seeing every interesting caption and visual shot in an episode of something before I even watch it due to the mistaken assumption that images are a compulsory part of episode impressions and people feeling the need to choose different caps from everyone else--but I'd never endorse an outright ban on images in impression posts. The spoiler situation's not that bad--we just need to be more selective and exercise some discretion.

Soma

Yeah I'd be against banning images full-stop though I would say that setting a limit per impression for an ongoing show (and banning imbedded animated gifs in favor leaving those linked instead) would at the very least alleviate someone from feeling like they've experienced an entire episode just by browsing this thread. I'd say 1 or 2 at the most would be fine in my opinion.

As a result, I would hope that when having a limited number of images to post for an impression it would at least make someone more considerate of which one(s) to post. And if not, just ban that person from posting images in this thread for a while or something. I dunno.

Uchip

Banned
Bakuman 3 - 7
tumblr_mdvc930Ltz1qbxqfpo1_500.png

One of the best Bakuman episodes yet, Hiramaru focused episode was an excellent adaptation of the manga, even funnier and more emotional than it was there
this is one of the few enjoyable romances Ive encountered out of my comfort zone

Seems that in anime I like somehow Yuki Kaji gets a role, Kosugi is a perfect match for upcoming events for him, so cant wait to hear. And on VA's, I cant believe its been 57 episodes for me to finally realize that Hiramaru is voice by Ichigo Kurosaki/Xin(kingdom).

Anyway next arc is gonna be good for my favorite character finally arrives
Tohru Nanamine!
. If he sounds like Chiaki in Sekaiichi Hatsukoi, that will be great.

are you going to try to tell me that takagi and mashiro are sexually interested in each other?

Articalys

I mean, image use should probably be cut down on--I'm less worried about actual spoilers than I am seeing every interesting caption and visual shot in an episode of something before I even watch it due to the mistaken assumption that images are a compulsory part of episode impressions and people feeling the need to choose different caps from everyone else--but I'd never endorse an outright ban on images in impression posts. The spoiler situation's not that bad--we just need to be more selective and exercise some discretion.
Yeah, I feel like this is the bigger issue too.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Also, I wanna add that I'm not actually against people image quoting stuff they find interesting. I've checked a lot of shows thanks to the stills of gifs people post in here. It's just those two particular instances where I thought things went too far (and, well, I guess the Gunbuster episode six gif from a few pages ago counts as spoilerish, but that show is almost thirty years old so there's no one to blame but yourself).

I like this place. I don't want it to become like MangaGAF where discussion is even more scarce.

are you going to try to tell me that takagi and mashiro are sexually interested in each other?

Well they have been with each other every single day for over three years now in that same apartment with dedication and devotion for one another even understanding each other with with unspoken words, so it is the perfect situation for experiencing youth.

Having Shujin getting married was one of the biggest blunders in this entire series.

wonzo

Banned
spoiler alert white cat butt

Sakurasou 1

sakupet1.jpg

Well, this show's certainly off to a good start. I'm pretty much checking this out 'cos y'all wouldn't shut up about it and it's alright so far, it had some nicely animated sequences and I'm always a sucker for art school weirdos.

I think things are fine the way they are tbqh.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Well, this show's certainly off to a good start. I'm pretty much checking this out 'cos y'all wouldn't shut up about it and it's alright so far, it had some nicely animated sequences and I'm always a sucker for art school weirdos.
Did you see the copy of DDP DOJ laying on the floor?

This show has all sorts of stuff that tickles arcade nerd boners like NeoGeos and Saturn pads and copies of DDP DOJ on the floor.

Defuser

Against. Instead we should limit on what things can be posted or spoilered.

Images/gifs of character's deaths,twist,shit got real/hits the fan.etc = Banned or spoilered.

The rest is fine.

Syrinx

spoiler alert white cat butt

Sakurasou 1

sakupet1.jpg

I think things are fine the way they are tbqh.

Who the hell hasn't woken up to the sight of a cat's ass in their face?

Edit: I'm against a full-on blanket ban for image posting, but I do wish that more people here would be conscious of spoilers in the images they post and link them instead. I would not be against bannings for people who make posting images with spoilers a habit. Granted, you're listening to the guy whose probably the most overly liberal with his spoiler tags in his posts here, so take that for what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom