• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Why would you expect them to change that?

Hell if I know. I expected some manner of difference, given how much it was insisted that I watch the remastered version. I appreciate that the jello-eyes, which were a complaint of mine, are gone, but otherwise, why did it matter so much that I watch this version?

wonzo

Banned
HidaSketch x Honeycomb 7

hidasketchxhoney7.jpg

The first half was pretty funny thanks to Miyako's crazed antics and Yuno's misunderstanding about the websites reach but the second half stood out thanks to it building upon the overall themes of the last episode and ended on a much lighter note. Fantastic stuff as usual.

duckroll

Hell if I know. I expected some manner of difference, given how much it was insisted that I watch the remastered version. I appreciate that the jello-eyes, which were a complaint of mine, are gone, but otherwise, why did it matter so much that I watch this version?

That's what you get for listening to kayos! Lol.

Soma

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 08

Ohohoho

Not a bad episode. The romantic bits in the second half were pretty heart-warming but it didn't really feel like much progressed for the previous episode at least when it came to Rikka's personal issues. Though I'm thinking re-watching Hyouka over the past two days with a friend (he enjoyed it a lot btw) might've slightly ruined it for me. As much as I enjoy this show, going through Hyouka again really drove home the fact that it feels so superior to this in many ways, in my opinion. Chuunibyou definitely does have its merits though and is still one of my favorites of the season. I'm interested to see where the developments between the two main characters head next after this.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It has some changes on the action scenes and looks a lot nicer like I already mentioned many pages back. If you don't think those changes really aren't that big then that's fine.

That's what you get for listening to kayos! Lol.

I didn't lie or say anything wrong though. T_T

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Same here. I just can't do it. It feels wrong to skip an opening or ending, even if it is downright awful.
I don't even skip Precure transformation sequences. I have a problem.
When Akane grows up, I'm sure she'll make some lucky man very happy.

/Ikuhara
Please have Akane get married and become pregnant. Just please betray the Akane fans. The Akane they are thinking of is not real. The real Akane gets married, and her belly...

Speaking of which!
My Little Precure: Smile is Magic 12
D1C1Rl.jpg

We are gonna have secret girl conversations at night time!
Someone's been listening to Ikuhara far too much.
All the other girls got cute standalone episodes that explored their character traits, but Twilight Sparkle's time to shine gets outdone by Candy's issues. It's a fucking disgrace.
Who is this cutie and why isn't she a Precure instead of Twilight Sparkle?

CorvoSol

It has some changes on the action scenes and looks a lot nicer like I already mentioned many pages back. If you don't think those changes really aren't that big then that's fine.

I didn't lie or say anything wrong though. T_T

I have watched both versions of the final episode today and therefore say with confidence that there were no changes to the action sequences in that episode at all. If there were any changes, they were purely cosmetic. The choreography, dialogue, and score were all identical. The only notable difference is, well, that everything was remastered into HD. The content wasn't different in any other way.

I'm not mad and I'm not going to refuse future recommendations, I just didn't see anything that was at all different, aside from the welcome removal of jello eyes.

Why, God, did I not watch this show when it aired when I was a kid?

Here's my breakdown for the night:

Gurren Lagan Ep. 1: I like it. Kamina is an idiot, Yoko (I think that's her name?) is entertaining, and Simone is acceptable. I don't have any idea where it's going, but it's certainly amusing and I'll stick with it until something happens that makes me not want to, which I don't expect given the first episode. Simone's narrations as he tunnels were especially attractive.

The Big O Ep. 1: Roger Smith is the classiest, most classy class-man I have ever seen in an anime. The soundtrack complements the feel, he dresses sharp, his giant robot kicks some but, he's witty, smooth, and has a cool car. Why would the idea of totally-not-a-PI Batman piloting a giant robot not be attractive to me as a kid? I cannot fathom why I didn't watch this show then. Of the three series I've just begun, this is easily the most promising. It's SO GOOD.

Gundam SEED Destiny Ep. 1: Yeah, so I don't like Shinn at all, and Stella is a horrible love interest and I wish the OP credits didn't advertise her as such, but I will confess: I think the Destiny is a pretty sweet model. It's a shame that it only looks that way in Sword Pack mode, because the other modes are just the Strike. Why, exactly, does it need to be assembled on the fly? That seems counter intuitive and wouldn't work in any of the scenarios we saw during SEED.

And for the love of God, if you design a new prototype Gundam, and you don't want it stolen, install a remote shut-down. Seriously, the fact that the exact same thing happens to ZAFT's Gundams not once, but twice, AFTER they did it to ORB's Gundams makes me question the intelligence of these super-men. Granted
knowing what I know about Durandall, it all makes perfect sense
, but STILL. It happens in Wing, it happens in SEED, it happens in Evangelion and Metal Gear Solid.

PUT A REMOTE SHUT DOWN IN IT, GEEZ.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Gurren Lagan Ep. 1: I like it. Kamina is an idiot, Yoko (I think that's her name?) is entertaining, and Simone is acceptable. I don't have any idea where it's going, but it's certainly amusing and I'll stick with it until something happens that makes me not want to, which I don't expect given the first episode. Simone's narrations as he tunnels were especially attractive.
Episode four is pretty bad (in before 7th).

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
girl panzer latest

Great eps. all them drama and what not. And them skirts resisting :(

iEI4hEBNlIgiB.gif

That... is such a goddamn shame. But at the same time... sometimes the tease is better than reward. I've learned that in my years of wisdom. Sorta.

but is this show the same as strike witches in that everyone, even the teachers/officers all look like little girls?
like adults dont exist

It's a beautiful world.

Uchip

Banned
It's a beautiful world.

Ive said it before but when everything is cute, nothing is
its just homogenous
need some ugly shit to offset it and make it actually noticeable

thats why spice and wolf will always be the highest point of moe, albeit unintentionally

Articalys

Good lord, someone really really hates Tadatoshi Fujimaki. I feel sorry for all the fans of the series that have to deal with this stuff happening.
The official website for this year's Jump Festa announced on Thursday that the Kuroko's Basketball Super Stage event has been cancelled. In addition, other Kuroko's Basketball events, exhibits, and the sale of tie-in goods at the December 22-23 festival have been cancelled. The publisher Shueisha apologized to its readers and fans.

Shueisha's Jump Festa staff said that Makuhari Messe, the convention complex in Chiba that is hosting Jump Festa, had received a threat or threats demanding the cancellation of stage events, exhibits, and sales tied to Kuroko's Basketball. The staff discussed the issue and decided on the cancellations, with the safety of visitors as the top priority. The rest of the festival is scheduled to continue, but security will be increased with more guards.

Since last month, more than 20 locations linked to Kuroko's Basketball creator Tadatoshi Fujimaki, including the Comic Market dōjinshi event, have received threat letters with powdered and liquid substances. A source in the investigation of Kuroko's Basketball threat letters said there is a high possibility that the liquid sent to Sophia University on October 12 could emit a lethal dose of hydrogen sulfide if vaporized.

Two Kuroko's Basketball dōjinshi events, "Shadow Trickster Osaka," and "Miracle Quarter" in Sapporo, were canceled this month. The Tokyo Big Sight event complex received a threat last month, but the "Shadow Trickster 3" event proceeded without incident on October 20. The official "Kuroko no Basuke produced by Namco Namja Town" event in Tokyo did end 19 days early as a result of the threats, and Animate Café Tennoji in Osaka cancelled a planned Kuroko's Basketball collaboration event.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
chuu 8

Stop focusing on the wrong relationship. :S

Still super cute.

Nap is wife material all day. Child bearing hips, positive, supportive outlook, delicate and understanding, takes naps all day and shuts the hell up. Just tell me she can cook. You know she would do anything for you, and probably twice as freaky.

Uchip

Banned
Nap is wife material all day. Child bearing hips, positive, supportive outlook, delicate and understanding, takes naps all day and shuts the hell up. Just tell me she can cook. You know she would do anything for you, and probably twice as freaky.

as freaky as covering their self with syrup? :p

Ive said it before but when everything is cute, nothing is
its just homogenous
need some ugly shit to offset it and make it actually noticeable

thats why spice and wolf will always be the highest point of moe, albeit unintentionally
the girls when they are mixed with 3d can fill that role for Girls und Panzer.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Diebuster 1 & 2

wut.

I guess it's too early for me to offer any kind of real impressions... so uh..

Um, good job Nono.

... go on.

Man. Nono is fucking dumb, and not even in the good way. Like, zero brain dumb. At least I get to see her butt a whole lot.

Butt. I guess she's kinda cute.

Yeah! Jesus Christ! Fat ass.

Oh hey, Okama did the illustrations that show during the ED. That's kinda cool.

rpmurphy

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 7

Da-dang dang da-dang.
Not the Terminator, but she's about as sticky.

Nice change of tone in this episode, after the last one being quite a real ridiculous downer.

BluWacky

Im sorry if i had to repost this quote again, because calling me out saying im a media-poisoned poster is pot kettle black beyond anything i seen in this board. YOU DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND im not the dude you should even be messing with when im not the poster posting gifs and jpegs of TV SERIES from another country. HOW THE FUCK YOU COME OFF ON THAT SHIT FOR REAL? Sure, nobody understand the fuck im posting. Why do you think that is? Because if these posters were smart enough and used the SEARCH function on people or consepts they didnt KNOW existed then they would understand the premise of what im talking about. Im not a dude that spits out 15 second sound bites.

No, Novid. That's not why people don't understand what you're posting. Nobody understands what you're posting because your written English is terrible. If English isn't your native language then fine, we can't all be fluent, but there are plenty of other people in this thread whose English isn't perfect that can get their points across.

More importantly, nobody understands why you're posting because you go off on these rants about secret Jewish conspiracies and the promises of the American animation industry that have absolutely fuck all to do with anime whatsoever. What do our hopes for the quality of a TV series currently airing in Japan have to do with American businessmen? What is this "false promise" you think we've been sold? And if you'd actually understood Hosanna's post it was quite clear that not only was he talking about the inconsistent quality of Japanese TV animation but the subtext was far more important, and by going off on one about something completely irrelevant you really aren't helping anyone. How do you go from "I was hyped about these shows airing in Japan, but they appear to have gone bad, and that's contributing to me feeling depressed" to something where your defining point is based on a word that doesn't exist ("pendantric"?).

I get that you're passionate about an industry that you think is falling apart. Obviously we're all passionate to a degree about Japanese animation in here. But for the love of god, think before you post.

Also, if Mandoric is "poisoned by media", that's because he works in the anime industry. At least he's in a position to comment with some relevance, and frequently backs up his comments with actual data and sources
and puns
to justify himself.

I try and be nice to everyone in this thread or just not respond at all, but seriously, get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom