• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Naruto Shippuden Power 1 (ep 290)
tumblr_mdw80aSByl1rv4a09o1_r4_500.gif

gjfLI.jpg

N3iVD.jpg

ye55P.jpg

7Th

Rikka is by far the weakest part of Chuu2Koi; at this point, she feels more like a puppy Yuuta has to take care of than like a real character.

Accel World SP 3

Still random and crazy at times. Favorite statement was
we need to make a brick furnance to make more bricks to make their furnance and Haru saying its deep

The choice of songs cracks me up too.

Baka and Test - Summon the Beast 10 - 11

I hope we get even more battles
rising from E-B, just how tough will A be.
. The strategys now are good and the teachers too. Really still like how they do the gray thing whenever Yuji and Akihisa talk to each other, that trust.

Have you visited your local doctor recently?

There's still the question of what relevance your rants are to anime, except for your irrational hatred of Crunchyroll which is roughly equivalent to wanting Chad Hurley et al jailed for popularising YouTube by allowing (and, in many cases, continue to allow, which is something Crunchy doesn't do) unauthorised versions of everything to be uploaded and hosted.

Novid

Banned
Have you visited your local doctor recently?

There's still the question of what relevance your rants are to anime, except for your irrational hatred of Crunchyroll which is roughly equivalent to wanting Chad Hurley et al jailed for popularising YouTube by allowing (and, in many cases, continue to allow, which is something Crunchy USED and in some cases still does do) unauthorised versions of everything to be uploaded and hosted.

fixed...and i only go to my doctor for a nagging ear infection

SAIN SEYA OMEGA 33

Amazing episode !
A very 2nd part of a fight and the right moment to show COSMO !

So did i enjoy this episode that much ?

GhW1Al.jpg

Of course not paradox , the answer is obviously YES !
ryuho is slowly removing all the nerfs the plot put on him and i enjoyed this fight much more than i thought i would.
i'm especially glad that
Koga didn't influence the fight much

The dual voice of paradox made her an even better opponent than expected and teh animation was enough even if it loked cheap at times ..

GREAT EP 9/10

DAT cliffanger on the paradox of love

Ezalc

Watching the Bambino! drama only makes me wish there was a Bambino! anime, and that somebody would translate Secondo. :C.

Novid

Banned
I dont understand why people brought up Alex Jones in the first place conserning me? THERE IS NO CONSPRICY. Every thing i said about Saban is well known fact.

qcf x2

Diebuster 1 & 2

wut.

I guess it's too early for me to offer any kind of real impressions... so uh..

Stick with it, try to pick up on references to GB. And enjoy the animation. I think it may be the most aesthetically pleasing anime I've seen. That train scene about a minute in... :)

cajunator

Banned
One, English is my native language.
Two, It wasnt irrelevant - I have the same feelings about the North American Industry as Hosana has for anime. And yes, the American Buisness is linked to anime ever since the day HANNA BARBERA asked a Japanese dude to draw the designs for the original Scooby Doo back in 69, ever since Rankin Bass has used Japanese animators and set piece directors for there christmas specials and the Thundercats etc do i need to go on?

Ok...Three. What Jewish conspiracies? You know how offensive that is to me that every fucking god damn thing I say in your and others eyes is considered that? IT WAS A FACT That Vince McMahan stated that the PG Rating in a confrence call to his shareholders was becoming a hinderance to the product. two days LATER, Saban and the new "Saturday Morning" Block, Vortexx stated they were going to do a WWE TV show on the CW. What happend? Still PG, stilll sucking the life out of the wrestling fan. Is that a conspiracy?

Or how about how Saban tried to screw Gene Simmons Over when they tried to have a Kiss animated series? And his overblown worry about the Passion of Christ when it came out? lets not forget Saban may have hired bigots conserning the Power Rangers in its first season who called one of the rangers the other f word.

Calling my major conserns about Saban a jewish conspiracy is a god damn sham and any of you should be ashamed - because one - my father and familes best friend is jewish, two his brother defended Paul Robson back during the 30's which Robson is a hero of mine. To call me a anti-semite is rude and inconsiderate.

And the last thing about Mandoric working in the industry? Ok, fine. I just got a message for his bosses.

I hope you racist, sexist, literate, supporter of pirates, union busting sons of bitches go down in flames. You bit the hand that fed your asses and now you must pay the price. You bastards should go plumb lines and sweep floors for a living. You cant run a business, and you folks dont know how to even speak to a audience so desperate for something better. Im sick of you folk who go to some video game folk who say "They know anime" when they cant even WRITE A ENDING FOR THEIR OWN VIDEO GAME! You and your companies are a god forsaken pus ridden stain on the rest of the entertainment business (Expecially Crunchyroll, how i wish and PRAY, that their CEO's go to jail like they did with Kim Dotcom).

Thats all the need to be said.

GOOD MORNING NOVID.

But umm...I seriously don't understand what the fuck you're trying to say. I honestly really tried.
Perhaps you should link to something that explain what you are talking about that lays this all out for us.

Dresden

Rikka is by far the weakest part of Chuu2Koi; at this point, she feels more like a puppy Yuuta has to take care of than like a real character.

I don't know how it feels when a show about an autistic nudist girl written by Mari Okada handles it better.

Well, I guess it feels bad.

The name of the icecream we saw that day... :secretbase

One, English is my native language.
Two, It wasnt irrelevant - I have the same feelings about the North American Industry as Hosana has for anime. And yes, the American Buisness is linked to anime ever since the day HANNA BARBERA asked a Japanese dude to draw the designs for the original Scooby Doo back in 69, ever since Rankin Bass has used Japanese animators and set piece directors for there christmas specials and the Thundercats etc do i need to go on?

Ok...Three. What Jewish conspiracies? You know how offensive that is to me that every fucking god damn thing I say in your and others eyes is considered that? IT WAS A FACT That Vince McMahan stated that the PG Rating in a confrence call to his shareholders was becoming a hinderance to the product. two days LATER, Saban and the new "Saturday Morning" Block, Vortexx stated they were going to do a WWE TV show on the CW. What happend? Still PG, stilll sucking the life out of the wrestling fan. Is that a conspiracy?

Or how about how Saban tried to screw Gene Simmons Over when they tried to have a Kiss animated series? And his overblown worry about the Passion of Christ when it came out? lets not forget Saban may have hired bigots conserning the Power Rangers in its first season who called one of the rangers the other f word.

Calling my major conserns about Saban a jewish conspiracy is a god damn sham and any of you should be ashamed - because one - my father and familes best friend is jewish, two his brother defended Paul Robson back during the 30's which Robson is a hero of mine. To call me a anti-semite is rude and inconsiderate.

And the last thing about Mandoric working in the industry? Ok, fine. I just got a message for his bosses.

I hope you racist, sexist, literate, supporter of pirates, union busting sons of bitches go down in flames. You bit the hand that fed your asses and now you must pay the price. You bastards should go plumb lines and sweep floors for a living. You cant run a business, and you folks dont know how to even speak to a audience so desperate for something better. Im sick of you folk who go to some video game folk who say "They know anime" when they cant even WRITE A ENDING FOR THEIR OWN VIDEO GAME! You and your companies are a god forsaken pus ridden stain on the rest of the entertainment business (Expecially Crunchyroll, how i wish and PRAY, that their CEO's go to jail like they did with Kim Dotcom).

Thats all the need to be said.

I've read this post a few times, and I'm still having trouble following the narrative here.

Oh well, happy Thanksgiving!

duckroll

A Letter to Momo

Okay, for real this time. This was a pretty good family movie about a girl and her mother coping with the death of the father, and moving back to the mother's hometown in an island countryside. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, but boy was it by the numbers. Just imagining a typical Pixar or Ghibli movie, and you basically have a good idea what sort of tone the movie has. Take bits of Monsters Inc and My Neighbor Totoro, and you'll have a good idea of what the movie is actually about. There's nothing really original or ambitious here, but I guess that's okay as long as a movie is relatively well made and enjoyable.

The most striking part of the movie is certainly the visuals. The production values are pretty top notch, and the character animation and backgrounds are really detailed and add a lot of charm and personality to the film. Momo herself as the lead character is especially expressive, and I really liked the development the character went through visually. At first she's shy and doesn't talk much, clearly upset about having to move and feeling out of place in a small town. As the story develops though, so does the character, and most of this is depicted visually in subtle ways which are realistic and interesting to watch. Her curiosity and fears are portrayed really well through the animation, and there is great facial and body movement throughout.

What I find less impressive is the script. While there is nothing wrong with telling a simple story, or even a predictable one, I think how effective a story is depends also on how it is told. A predictable story told in a way which does not draw attention to how generic the story beats are sidesteps the pitfalls of being predictable. Unfortunately, here I feel that the beats are a little too telegraphed, and every scene in the first half of the movie is spent setting up obvious conclusions which indeed occur in the climax. Speaking of climaxes, there are quite a few in this movie. Towards the end, there were at least three points where I felt the movie could have ended, and honestly, I would personally have picked the first of those points.

Overall though, it's a pretty charming and fun film. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a new family friendly film to watch, as long as your expectations are not sky high. It didn't really feel like something which should have taken 7 years to make, but I don't find it helpful to take that into account when judging something as a final product. It is what it is.

Edit: I would also like to mention that one thing I did appreciate from the script is that the show is extremely subtle with regards to revealing the more creative visual elements, and it is something which builds up throughout the entire film, slowly, bit by bit, and leaving the biggest visual showcase for a climatic scene. This is a traditional and logical way of rewarding the audience as they continue watching the film, and something which not a lot of movies do right these days. Reminded me of Ponyo in that sense honestly.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I don't know how it feels when a show about an autistic nudist girl written by Mari Okada handles it better.

Well, I guess it feels bad.

The name of the icecream we saw that day... :secretbase
Once again proving that Mari Okada is great at hammering out adaptations, even ones with bad source material!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom