• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
bluwacky laying down the realtalk

Space Ghost! 6

uchurei6.jpg

uchurei6a.jpg

wise words

What in the world is going on in here? *_*

Anyways...

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 08
Great episode imo. The fighting between Dekomori and Shinka continues to bring the lulz and watching Isshiki freak out over Kumin's airheadedness brings a smile to my face. The girl is absolutely clueless lol. Rikka and Yuta bring huge amounts of tenderness to the show. Their relationship is moving along swimmingly thus far. I'd like to see where the show goes after this. Both of them have to start looking at each other as more than just warriors or chuunibyou casualties. Also... I was totally blown away by the scene
where Rikka saw him for the first time while wearing no eyepatch.
. She might have become a very different person without him.

Kickz

Chuu ep 8

Rika love-struck HNGGGGGGGGGGGG

Nap is wife material all day. Child bearing hips, positive, supportive outlook, delicate and understanding, takes naps all day and shuts the hell up. Just tell me she can cook. You know she would do anything for you, and probably twice as freaky.

Yes Yes Yes

Maedhros

Nap is wife material all day. Child bearing hips, positive, supportive outlook, delicate and understanding, takes naps all day and shuts the hell up. Just tell me she can cook. You know she would do anything for you, and probably twice as freaky.

lol...

Am I on creepy-gaf or animegaf?

Dresden

chuunibyou - 08

Hey look, more shitty drama. I get what they're going for by cutting in and out of the delusions as the family drama went down, but it was just silly as hell. Can't disassociate from 7 episodes' worth of absurdity.

It's a pity because outside of that, the episode regained some of what made the middle episodes so enjoyable. Mainguy eloping with Rikka was well handled but even now Mainguy doesn't have much of a presence outside of being embarassed or just being a nice dude. Somehow even Dekomori has risen above him and it's clear that Hairclips is pretty much the only decent character out of the whole show.

Also Kumin's voice is nails on chalkboard bad and god help you if you think she sounds cute. And by 'you' I mean your eardrums.

Defuser

Chunnibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai! ep 8
They say girls in love makes them beautiful but in Rikka's case it's hnngh levels over 9000. Too bad Yuuta is undecided in his feelings.

Edit:
Fuck you Ishiki for wasting episode time for your useless pursue for Kumin. I need more Rikka-Yuuta interactions.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 8

Two distinct uguus in the same episode? Please don't do this anymore, KyoAni.

cjkeats

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou: Episode 6

God I love a good imouto. Probably the funniest episode since the first couple.
I can't tell where this show is going to end up, but I actually think best girl might have a shot.
Next weekd beach/pool/excuseforbikinis episode should provide some good laughs hopefully.

Novid

Banned
No, Novid. That's not why people don't understand what you're posting. Nobody understands what you're posting because your written English is terrible. If English isn't your native language then fine, we can't all be fluent, but there are plenty of other people in this thread whose English isn't perfect that can get their points across.

More importantly, nobody understands why you're posting because you go off on these rants about secret Jewish conspiracies and the promises of the American animation industry that have absolutely fuck all to do with anime whatsoever. What do our hopes for the quality of a TV series currently airing in Japan have to do with American businessmen? What is this "false promise" you think we've been sold? And if you'd actually understood Hosanna's post it was quite clear that not only was he talking about the inconsistent quality of Japanese TV animation but the subtext was far more important, and by going off on one about something completely irrelevant you really aren't helping anyone. How do you go from "I was hyped about these shows airing in Japan, but they appear to have gone bad, and that's contributing to me feeling depressed" to something where your defining point is based on a word that doesn't exist ("pendantric"?).

I get that you're passionate about an industry that you think is falling apart. Obviously we're all passionate to a degree about Japanese animation in here. But for the love of god, think before you post.

Also, if Mandoric is "poisoned by media", that's because he works in the anime industry. At least he's in a position to comment with some relevance, and frequently backs up his comments with actual data and sources
and puns
to justify himself.

I try and be nice to everyone in this thread or just not respond at all, but seriously, get a grip.

One, English is my native language.
Two, It wasnt irrelevant - I have the same feelings about the North American Industry as Hosana has for anime. And yes, the American Buisness is linked to anime ever since the day HANNA BARBERA asked a Japanese dude to draw the designs for the original Scooby Doo back in 69, ever since Rankin Bass has used Japanese animators and set piece directors for there christmas specials and the Thundercats etc do i need to go on?

Ok...Three. What Jewish conspiracies? You know how offensive that is to me that every fucking god damn thing I say in your and others eyes is considered that? IT WAS A FACT That Vince McMahan stated that the PG Rating in a confrence call to his shareholders was becoming a hinderance to the product. two days LATER, Saban and the new "Saturday Morning" Block, Vortexx stated they were going to do a WWE TV show on the CW. What happend? Still PG, stilll sucking the life out of the wrestling fan. Is that a conspiracy?

Or how about how Saban tried to screw Gene Simmons Over when they tried to have a Kiss animated series? And his overblown worry about the Passion of Christ when it came out? lets not forget Saban may have hired bigots conserning the Power Rangers in its first season who called one of the rangers the other f word.

Calling my major conserns about Saban a jewish conspiracy is a god damn sham and any of you should be ashamed - because one - my father and familes best friend is jewish, two his brother defended Paul Robson back during the 30's which Robson is a hero of mine. To call me a anti-semite is rude and inconsiderate.

And the last thing about Mandoric working in the industry? Ok, fine. I just got a message for his bosses.

I hope you racist, sexist, literate, supporter of pirates, union busting sons of bitches go down in flames. You bit the hand that fed your asses and now you must pay the price. You bastards should go plumb lines and sweep floors for a living. You cant run a business, and you folks dont know how to even speak to a audience so desperate for something better. Im sick of you folk who go to some video game folk who say "They know anime" when they cant even WRITE A ENDING FOR THEIR OWN VIDEO GAME! You and your companies are a god forsaken pus ridden stain on the rest of the entertainment business (Expecially Crunchyroll, how i wish and PRAY, that their CEO's go to jail like they did with Kim Dotcom).

Thats all the need to be said.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Two, It wasnt irrelevant - I have the same feelings about the North American Industry as Hosana has for anime. And yes, the American Buisness is linked to anime ever since the day HANNA BARBERA asked a Japanese dude to draw the designs for the original Scooby Doo back in 69, ever since Rankin Bass has used Japanese animators and set piece directors for there christmas specials and the Thundercats etc do i need to go on?

Ok...Three. What Jewish conspiracies? You know how offensive that is to me that every fucking god damn thing I say in your and others eyes is considered that? IT WAS A FACT That Vince McMahan stated that the PG Rating in a confrence call to his shareholders was becoming a hinderance to the product. two days LATER, Saban and the new "Saturday Morning" Block, Vortexx stated they were going to do a WWE TV show on the CW. What happend? Still PG, stilll sucking the life out of the wrestling fan. Is that a conspiracy?

Or how about how Saban tried to screw Gene Simmons Over when they tried to have a Kiss animated series? And his overblown worry about the Passion of Christ when it came out? lets not forget Saban may have hired bigots conserning the Power Rangers in its first season who called one of the rangers the other f word.

Calling my major conserns about Saban a jewish conspiracy is a god damn sham and any of you should be ashamed - because one - my father and familes best friend is jewish, two his brother defended Paul Robson back during the 30's which Robson is a hero of mine. To call me a anti-semite is rude and inconsiderate.

And the last thing about Mandoric working in the industry? Ok, fine. I just got a message for his bosses.

I hope you racist, sexist, illerate, supporter of pirates, union busting sons of bitches go down in flames. You bit the hand that fed your asses and now you must pay the price. You bastards should go plumb lines and sweep floors for a living.

I've been on the internet for like 15 years, and I've never met someone who posts this much nonsense as consistently as you do.

What the hell.

I hope you racist, sexist, illerate, supporter of pirates, union busting sons of bitches go down in flames. You bit the hand that fed your asses and now you must pay the price. You bastards should go plumb lines and sweep floors for a living.

i've read your posts but i'm not sure why you are so angry ... i get that you are displeased but still. aren't you going a little too far ?

Grzi

Holy shit, I'm dying.

You know, when I opened this thread, I wasn't expecting crazy rants about Gene Simmons' TV show and vitriolic condemnations of Mandoric's bosses, but I am so glad it was here.

faridmon

I hope you racist, sexist, literate, supporter of pirates, union busting sons of bitches go down in flames. You bit the hand that fed your asses and now you must pay the price. You bastards should go plumb lines and sweep floors for a living. You cant run a business, and you folks dont know how to even speak to a audience so desperate for something better. Im sick of you folk who go to some video game folk who say "They know anime" when they cant even WRITE A ENDING FOR THEIR OWN VIDEO GAME! You and your companies are a god forsaken pus ridden stain on the rest of the entertainment business (Expecially Crunchyroll, how i wish and PRAY, that their CEO's go to jail like they did with Kim Dotcom).

Dude, just relax. There may have been some... unfavourable thing said to you, but this won't do you good.

I like you and all, but this is just a notch a bit too far.

sonicmj1

Novid, I think people would be much more open to your perspective if you moderated your tone. You're looking at things from a different angle than a lot of us do, and that's fine, but since you're already talking about parts of the industry we're unfamiliar with, when you soak your writing in that much anger, it gets really hard to parse.

Risette

A Good Citizen

Shut up.

duckroll

A Letter to Momo

Finally watched this today and it was pretty goo-- err... what's happening guys? Why's everyone over there staring blankly into.... oh. I... see.

XyC9q.gif

A Letter to Momo

Finally watched this today and it was pretty goo-- err... what's happening guys? Why's everyone over there staring blankly into.... oh. I... see.
I know this is probably going to sound like a stupid question, but can we expect a blu-ray down the road? I recall of multipage conversation a few pages back involving the ins and outs of blu-ray production and it leaves me wondering how likely it is for something to get a good blu-ray out these days.

The movie looked gorgeous in one of the posts that described it less than two days ago and I've been on the hunt for lots of anime movies as of late so...

duckroll

I know this is probably going to sound like a stupid question, but can we expect a blu-ray down the road? I recall of multipage conversation a few pages back involving the ins and outs of blu-ray production and it leaves me wondering how likely it is for something to get a good blu-ray out these days.

The movie looked gorgeous in one of the posts that described it less than two days ago and I've been on the hunt for lots of anime movies as of late so...

??????

It's already out. Pretty much all anime get blu-ray releases in Japan day and date now.

51zGnycNHYL.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Where can I buy the book? I'm serious.

Syrinx

Well...this was hardly what I expected to read waking up.

Naruto Shippuden Power 1 (ep 290)
tumblr_mdw80aSByl1rv4a09o1_r4_500.gif

Actually it feels and looks like a special in some kind of way and is actually on its way to being quite memorable. The first portion of the episode was really epic and action packed with the main crew on this mission to check out the hole, I guess. Im guessing it is taking place way before the war started but after
Lord Orochimaru being defeated by Sasuke and taken in by Lord Orochimaru

Best moment was with Sai
and that dragon attack launched that virtually closed the fight with a bit of Naruto intervention
. Sakura's punch was cool too. Only thing Im disappointed in is that a few of the characters arent voiced, well at this point in time.
I guess Kabuto is still working out the edo tensei? Like Itachi and others werent moving and speaking

Second half was really emotional, whoever is penning this story is off to a good start. Hopefully Leo and Minna have a large role in this and the other kids.

Only odd thing was Kabuto, what happened as he is not how he looks in the normal anime episodes.
tumblr_mdw6uucosJ1r90a6io8_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom